Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1190

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    I watched Wozniacki's matches more often in this tournament, OMG. The more I watch, the more I come to dislike her game. She's a female version of Nadal, chases the balls everywhere like a dog, but with much less skills/weapons. I still want her to get a major title just to shut up all the haters that hate her just because she got to #1 without GS title. Hopefully she can improve her game in the future, she's still young after all.
    What is wrong with chasing the ball everywhere she can?? That is what a great tennis player does, she should be praised for the effort. I watched her match before and she is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    What is wrong with chasing the ball everywhere she can?? That is what a great tennis player does, she should be praised for the effort. I watched her match before and she is great.
    A great tennis player should have a list of skills/weapons in his/her resume : defensive skills, attacking skills, ability to create a play/strategy, powerful groundstroke-backhand-forehand, etc etc. Men's Big 4 has all the required skills. Even when they are on defensive mode, most of the time they can make a sudden attack.

Wozniacki on the other hand, only chases balls everywhere, then hit the ball high (moonballing) to buy time to get her back on position. Yes, it is a good defensive skill, but not a great skill. It's BORING (I said the same thing about Nadal, but Nadal has much more skills than Wozzy). Wozzy's backhand & forehand is just stable or dependable (little error), but not a deadly weapon. Her serve is just so-so, 2nd serve is weak. She hardly comes to the net or volleying. In short, if her opponent can corner her, she can't or won't have plan B because she doesn't have other skills.

If she keeps playing like this, then she's following Nadal's path of quick retirement because of the wear & tear on her body. She's young, she has good basic skills. She needs to improve her game more and I believe she can. She was lucky that Schiavone just finished marathon match against Kutzenova, otherwise she would've lost that match (she was clearly outplayed by Schiavone).

Don't get me wrong, I like Wozniacki. She's one of women players I want to see to win major title. But her game like now is really lacking a big weapon. Look at Clijsters, she has much more skills on her resume.....so when she was down on 2nd set, she picked & tried different things than the one she used (and didn't work) on 1st set.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    A great tennis player should have a list of skills/weapons in his/her resume : defensive skills, attacking skills, ability to create a play/strategy, powerful groundstroke-backhand-forehand, etc etc. Men's Big 4 has all the required skills. Even when they are on defensive mode, most of the time they can make a sudden attack.

Wozniacki on the other hand, only chases balls everywhere, then hit the ball high (moonballing) to buy time to get her back on position. Yes, it is a good defensive skill, but not a great skill. It's BORING (I said the same thing about Nadal, but Nadal has much more skills than Wozzy). Wozzy's backhand & forehand is just stable or dependable (little error), but not a deadly weapon. Her serve is just so-so, 2nd serve is weak. She hardly comes to the net or volleying. In short, if her opponent can corner her, she can't or won't have plan B because she doesn't have other skills.

If she keeps playing like this, then she's following Nadal's path of quick retirement because of the wear & tear on her body. She's young, she has good basic skills. She needs to improve her game more and I believe she can. She was lucky that Schiavone just finished marathon match against Kutzenova, otherwise she would've lost that match (she was clearly outplayed by Schiavone).

Don't get me wrong, I like Wozniacki. She's one of women players I want to see to win major title. But her game like now is really lacking a big weapon. Look at Clijsters, she has much more skills on her resume.....so when she was down on 2nd set, she picked & tried different things than the one she used (and didn't work) on 1st set.
    You make it sound like what Wozniacki does is so simple.... "all she does is hitting moonballs"...if it was so simple, you'd have seen many other players do that as well, but the truth of the matter is that it's very hard to be so consistent with every ball you hit.
    Maybe for you as a tennis fan it's not that attrative to watch, but it gets the job done for her and I myself am very impressed with her tennis .
    don't use a dht blocker ... it's just too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by alex. View Post
    You make it sound like what Wozniacki does is so simple.... "all she does is hitting moonballs"...if it was so simple, you'd have seen many other players do that as well, but the truth of the matter is that it's very hard to be so consistent with every ball you hit.
    Maybe for you as a tennis fan it's not that attrative to watch, but it gets the job done for her and I myself am very impressed with her tennis .
    There's a bunch of moonballers in WTA, so yeah a lot of those girls hit the ball high to buy them some time to get back in position. It gets the job done, but it's not a skill or a weapon. Wozniacki is a very consistent players, good groundstrokes, good backhand (one of her better weapon). But compare her to Clijsters or Serena, these 2 girls have very good serve, powerful forehand, etc etc. If you can only retrive the ball & have no weapons to hit winners, you'll lose against players with big weapons like Clijsters or Serena.

Like I said, Wozniacki is one of the players I like....so I'm hoping she will improve in the future. She's only 20 afterall, so plenty of time to add weapons to her resume...

So you like Woz, who else do you like?

Where's everybody??? Did we get new Djokovic fans around here since he started he's remarkable winning streak?

USO 2011 coming pretty soon....who's your pick to win it?

Default The legendary match

There seem to be lots of tennis enthusiasts out here like me, who love this sports like nothing else.
    So I would like to share the best ever tennis match I saw. That grand slam match I like the most is the match of the Australian open of this year.
    It was an Australian Opens match of this year 2017 and the reason I found it to be so great is that the- Australia open is not same the tournament that we had hoped for anymore with the early exit of Djokovic. But it is a fresh change nonetheless with the return of Federer and Nadal to grand slam semi-finals. It’s a match that we sure can look forward to.
    This match took Federer to the finals and allowing him to win the Australian open
    To know more about that match kindly check this article https://blog.100mph.in/2017/01/27/ho...o-play-tennis/

Hey, guys, have you heard about the update that this time tennis enthusiasts are saying that this Wimbledon is going to be the playground of the new-comers and the new rising stars of tennis, Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic have now become a lot more antiquated and they are on a high time of retirement. for more info check http://www.100mph.in/
    Now the most interesting part of the story is that the proposed names of the new rising stars are!! THEY ARE-
    Dominic Thiem an Austrian player.
    His present age is 23.He has ranked 8th with his single-handed backhand. This tennis player has boats one of the best spots in this tennis tournament. Other impressive clay court season saw him emerge as the only person to beat Nadal on his beloved red dust this year.

Alexander Zverev a German player
    His present age is 20 and rank is 12

Lucas Pouille is a Francis player
    This payers present age is 23 and rank is 15.
    To know more about them would check the website from where I got the info - http://www.100mph.in/

So what is the latest? Will Roland Grarros be played?
    don't use a dht blocker ... it's just too risky

Yes, Roland-Garros will be played from 24 May to 13 June 2021.

Hey! if I understand correctly, then Marat Safin has not played this big tennis for a long time ....