Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1187

Thread: Tennis

  1. #161
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    A 12 match losing history with 8 straight losses have been so far against Federer is too much for Roddick already.
    actually, Roddick won their last meeting in Kooyong which was between 1 and 2 weeks ago. It was an exhibition match though, so it didn't count on the record.

  2. #162
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default



    and NADAL IS OUT!

    Gonzalez was magnificent!

    Looks like a Federer- Gonzalez final to me, and if Gonzalez continues this level, i wouldn't feel too safe betting on Federer.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Oh my GOSH!!!!! What's going on?????
    Nadal is considered as the toughest match of Federer. How come he lost to Gonzalez so easily?
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  4. #164
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    federer have figured nadal out he won't trouble king federer anymore besides other players have also improved alot lately like gonzo, murray and roddick.

    don't expect him to win any slams anymore

  5. #165
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    but recently the way he's won almost all the tournaments he's participated in makes watching tennis become rather boring.
    it's called talent and they deserve their victories. however in sports, they rise and fall as they age and sustain injuries. I say Federer has another 2 years before he starts losing his edge.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  6. #166
    Senior Member c13:4567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    federer have figured nadal out he won't trouble king federer anymore besides other players have also improved alot lately like gonzo, murray and roddick.

    don't expect him to win any slams anymore
    u gotta be kidding. writing off nadal at present is way too soon, imo. the guy is still young, whether or not he has peaked is still debatable. furthermore, his game is more suited to clay, although by reaching last years wimbledon final, he showed that it is more adaptable than before. i expect him to be a hot favorite by the time the french comes around. and i don't know about the figuring out comment, nadal's game plan has always been relatively easy to dissect in the first place. he relies alot on physicality, heavy ground strokes with plenty of spin and wearing out the opponent. but beating him consistently is another matter.

    btw, murray played a brilliant tactical game against nadal the other night by mixing it up, drawing nadal to the net and keeping him away from his usual game but nadal still won.
    Last edited by c13:4567; 01-24-07 at 05:37 PM.
    路漫漫,长伴......

    C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

  7. #167
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    btw, murray played a brilliant tactical game against nadal the other night by mixing it up, drawing nadal to the net and keeping him away from his usual game but nadal still won.
    i don't think mentally, Murray was prepared to beat Nadal, BUT he has shown that he can play good variety, and i was glad because i'd just watched a few women's matches and it looked like all power and no variety.

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    it's called talent and they deserve their victories. however in sports, they rise and fall as they age and sustain injuries. I say Federer has another 2 years before he starts losing his edge.
    Make it 3, just after he breaks Sampras' record of 6 years ending at no. 1

    I wouldn't discount Gonzalez, Murray or Nadal. I watched Gonzalez against Hewitt, Blake and he is playing brilliantly at the moment. If he carries the momentum through to the final, (likely atm), Federer will actually need to play very good tennis (which luckily, he always does). Watching Federer's last match against Tommy Robredo, i just got the feeling that he doesn't take all his matches as seriously as say, Nadal. Same thing happened in Kooyong when he lost to Roddick. Federer seemed to use it as a Serve-Volley practice.

    Federer-Roddick semi finals, tonight 7:30 AEST.

  8. #168
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Is anyone following the women's side?
    they're an eye sore to watch with the likes of Williams, Clister, Li Na etc..

    Anna Kournikova was exciting to watch - thats what they need, more Annas in womens tennis! ho ho ho
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  9. #169
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    Anna Kournikova was exciting to watch - thats what they need, more Annas in womens tennis! ho ho ho
    hm, i thought you'd watch Sharapova for the legs, although personally i think Anna Kournikova is 100 times hotter than Sharapova, and definitey not as flat chested.

  10. #170
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    hm, i thought you'd watch Sharapova for the legs, although personally i think Anna Kournikova is 100 times hotter than Sharapova, and definitey not as flat chested.
    lol its rare that i agree with u but i concur with you there!
    Sharapova is a screamer - gives me a headache watching her play! hehehe now if she was screaming in bed - that is another story
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  11. #171
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    lol its rare that i agree with u but i concur with you there!
    Sharapova is a screamer - gives me a headache watching her play! hehehe now if she was screaming in bed - that is another story
    let's stop there, because now i no longer agree with you

    but it's hilarious watching two women play, where one screams like Sharapova and the other grunts like Serena Williams

    I don't see the hype about Sharapova and how she's the new Anna Kournikova, because frankly, i've always thought Anna was very attractive, but Maria very average and particularly when you compare their figures.

    Has anyone noticed the big improvement in Federer's (and many other players') english? Must be from all those interviews after winning the tournaments, but i swear there was a time where he could say pretty much nothing but, "yes, it was good game. I enjoyed it."

  12. #172
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    let's stop there, because now i no longer agree with you
    LOL ok back to antagonising you

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 The Visual Critique
    I don't see the hype about Sharapova and how she's the new Anna Kournikova, because frankly, i've always thought Anna was very attractive, but Maria very average and particularly when you compare their figures.
    the beauty standard is lower in womens tennis than say film industry. So i disagree that Sharapova is not attractive. She's got a nice pair of legs, her fashion sense isnt bad either and she can actually play tennis

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 The English Professor
    but i swear there was a time where he could say pretty much nothing but, "yes, it was good game. I enjoyed it."
    you look like a fool if you repeat the same thing for the hundredth time! hes number one, he doesn't have to suck up to the media everytime he win matches!
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  13. #173
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    it's called talent and they deserve their victories. however in sports, they rise and fall as they age and sustain injuries. I say Federer has another 2 years before he starts losing his edge.
    I know he deserves all his victories, he's the greatest tennis player after Sampras went out of business. But it's rather bored to watch him kicking his opponents' butts too easily and winning tournament after tournament. With the dominant of Federer, men's single tennis is becoming a one-sided sport. I want to see some unexpecteds when other players get improvements and give him the harder times or even defeat him.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 01-24-07 at 10:52 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  14. #174
    Senior Member NetDriftr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    AU
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    But it's rather bored to watch him kicking his opponents' butts too easily and winning tournament after tournament.
    i know how you feel i was at the point of abandoning Formula One because Michael Schumacher was winning almost every single race!

    thank goodness im not a tennis fan. i watch enough just so I could join in the conversation at the watercooler
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

  15. #175
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    I know he deserves all his victories, he's the greatest tennis player after Sampras went out of business. But it's rather bored to watch him kicking his opponents' butts too easily and winning tournament after tournament. With the dominant of Federer, men's single tennis is becoming a one-sided sport. I want to see some unexpecteds when other players get improvements and give him the harder times or even defeat him.
    well i suppose it'd be a bit boring if you only look at the scoreline, but Federer's got the most beautiful shots in the game, so if he slaughters the other player, there's plenty of good tennis to watch.

    Federer's never won the French Open, so he might lose there again, esp. if he's playing Nadal on clay again.

    I actually like men's tennis at the moment (and no, this is not simply because i like Federer ), but if you minus him from the equation, the top there is VERY crowded with a tonne of good players that can't beat Federer, but have great matches with other top 10 players, so if you watch semis, quarters, 4th round, even 3rd round (think Safin- Roddick), there's a lot of good tennis to watch coming from 10-20 really good players. Nadal, Safin, Roddick, Murray, Gonzalez, Blake, Davydenko, Haas, Nalbandian, Robredo, just to name a few. A few years ago, people like that were dominating, but now the standard has risen, so i find tennis generally more interesting because from 3rd round onwards, there are great matchups, as opposed to a few good players around the same level, but matches not getting interesting until about quarter finals.

    On the other hand, there aren't many good female players out on tour, and their matches are pretty boring. There used to be a time where it was interesting, but lately it's become imitation men's tennis.

  16. #176
    Senior Member Huang Rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    beside Jing gege.
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Well, I think Roland Garros is the only exception where other players can beat Federer since playing on clay-made court is not his forte. Watching beautiful shots is not enough for me.^^. to me, the final result of the tounament is not less important. I'd lose a half of my interest in watching tennis if I know beforehand that Federer or someone else would be the victor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    On the other hand, there aren't many good female players out on tour, and their matches are pretty boring. There used to be a time where it was interesting, but lately it's become imitation men's tennis.
    I've disliked women's tennis for several years. Sigh, with the players like Mauresmo, S. Williams, Li Na, etc. etc., they're masculinizing women's tennis. Oh, I so remember the golden age of Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, M. Hingis,... the matches between them were very exciting.
    Amongst the 4 remaining players in the Australian Open this year, Sharapova is a female tennis player in the true sense of the words, she's beautiful, well-fashioned yet very good at tennis techiniques, Vaidisova is a good player, but she can't compare to Maria. Anyway, I bet they'll lose to Clijsters and Williams.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 01-25-07 at 12:00 AM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

  17. #177
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Amongst the 4 remaining players in the Australian Open this year, Sharapova is a female tennis player in the true sense of the words, she's beautiful, well-fashioned yet very good at tennis techiniques, Vaidisova is a good player, but she can't compare to Maria. Anyway, I bet they'll lose to Clijsters and Williams.
    I'm rooting for Clijsters. Sharapova's shots are great- a lot of pace- but i have yet to see her in her last few matches play anything BUT hard and flat and frankly, it gets boring. The only thing that changed was that her screams went up and down in pitch.

  18. #178
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    I'm rooting for Clijsters. Sharapova's shots are great- a lot of pace- but i have yet to see her in her last few matches play anything BUT hard and flat and frankly, it gets boring. The only thing that changed was that her screams went up and down in pitch.
    i disagree...sharapova has more passion than kim. plus, she's killing kim as right now.

    first set goes to maria...and leading 2-0 on the 2nd set.

  19. #179
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i disagree...sharapova has more passion than kim. plus, she's killing kim as right now.

    first set goes to maria...and leading 2-0 on the 2nd set.
    i'm not watching it, but the fact that you like Sharapova doesn't surprise me

    I'm waiting for the Federer-Roddick showdown. Women's tennis isn't all that interesting.

    So it's looking like a Serena Williams- Maria Sharapova final?

    edit: haven't seen you around for ages, but don't you love my avatar now? Of your favourite actress i believe

  20. #180
    Senior Member crazylife123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    S. Cali
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i'm not watching it, but the fact that you like Sharapova doesn't surprise me

    I'm waiting for the Federer-Roddick showdown. Women's tennis isn't all that interesting.

    So it's looking like a Serena Williams- Maria Sharapova final?

    edit: haven't seen you around for ages, but don't you love my avatar now? Of your favourite actress i believe
    Federer will win but i want Roddick to win.

    Maria will beat Serena in the Final.

    She's a good actress but I just dont like to look at her.

    i've been working a lot lately.

Similar Threads

  1. The Prince of Tennis 2008
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-08, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •