Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1190

Thread: Tennis

Hmmm....what are the chances for Roger & Mirka to name their baby boy as Roland Federer? That baby brings the much needed luck for Roger (sometimes, talent alone is not enough)

arg
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    arg
    Remember what Nadal said after his win at Aussie open? Fed will win French before he will win US. Now he can have a fair crack at the US open.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Remember what Nadal said after his win at Aussie open? Fed will win French before he will win US. Now he can have a fair crack at the US open.
    i guess that makes it a little better
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

ever since fed won the french open, there's been lot of GOAT discussions. What do you guys think about Federer's accomplishments so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    ever since fed won the french open, there's been lot of GOAT discussions. What do you guys think about Federer's accomplishments so far?
    I think you would guess that I will agree that Federer is one of the GOAT. The greatest? Hmm....someone new will always show up eventhough it may take another 10+ years. But for now, yes, I'd say he's the greatest tennis player I know.

From other GOATS discussed, I only know Sampras, so can't comment on Laver or Borg. Even then, I never really like for Sampras. I swayed between him and Agassi and others. Federer, on the other hand, could made me fell head over heel for him after watching him in just 1 match (and he lost that match to boot! That was back in 2007 French Open final where he lost to Nadal). I stopped watching tennis for a while, but that match made me followed tennis again.

Federer has elegance & magic in his play. He collected 14 GSs faster than Sampras and Sampras never won French Open. And yes, Federer only won FO once so far, but he freaking made the final 4 times!! So he's pretty much been in finals in 4 different GS in different surfaces at least 4 times each. He's a very consistent player, always make at least semifinal in GSs. He's pretty much dominated tennis world in 04-07 (which I missed ) His game can have him play longer than Nadal's game (his game is easier to make him get injured). He plays using technique whereas Nadal plays using endurance to chase ball & hit the ball really hard. Even now, he is still learning & developing new skills to get him play better. Based on his records and numbers, if you're fair (and not a Federer-hater), you can't deny that what he's done so far is very special.

Nadal has chance to surpass him. But with his 6 GSs so far, he won 4 of those in French....so I'm still not gonna call him great. Even if he can get to 14 GSs like Fed, if 11 of 14 won in French, it will still below Federer's greatness IMO. Yes, Federer has hard time to beat Nadal....but that doesn't make Nadal greater than Federer just based on this. I will hold my opinion on Nadal until both him & Fed are retired, so we can compare who has what.

Now, I can't wait for Wimbledon. I'm going back to my country during Wimbledon, so hopefully the TV stations there have decent live matches otherwise I will cry.

nadal will never surpass federer. He is already burning out retirement next. he will probably pull a bjørn borg and retired young

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    nadal will never surpass federer. He is already burning out retirement next. he will probably pull a bjørn borg and retired young
    Yeah not looking good. The way he plays doesn't agree with his physical body. Man losing to Hewitt, Wimbleton looks like a lost cause.

Member of TC fanclub.

NADAL TO MISS WIMBLEDON!

Defending champion Rafael Nadal withdrew from Wimbledon on Friday because of tendinitis in his knees.

Looks like that all-out grinding style of play is finally taking a toll on Nadal's knees.

I predict Fed to win wimbledon now. You heard it here first...
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-19-09 at 04:29 PM.

Yeah, I just read that Nadal won't play Wimbledon. Is this the end of Nadal?

BTW, I do hope Federer will win his 15th GS here. But I'm already hearing IF Fed wins, it's still not a valid win because Nadal is not playing. Oh COME ON people....just because Nadal isn't playing, that doesn't mean Wimbledon won't be as good as if he plays and doesn't make the winner a lesser winner. There are still a bunch of good players out there. I'm tired of hearing this $hit

My dream final this year will be Federer against Murray

So, for those who are Nadal's fan (like Lunar), since Nadal's out, who's your man?

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post

BTW, I do hope Federer will win his 15th GS here. But I'm already hearing IF Fed wins, it's still not a valid win because Nadal is not playing. Oh COME ON people....just because Nadal isn't playing, that doesn't mean Wimbledon won't be as good as if he plays and doesn't make the winner a lesser winner. There are still a bunch of good players out there. I'm tired of hearing this $hit

So, for those who are Nadal's fan (like Lunar), since Nadal's out, who's your man?
    i think most people will give Fed credit if he wins. It's just that Nadal's game is too physically demanding. Fed is much more economical in his movement and positioning. That's why Fed hardly goes through injury problems.

On the women's side, I'm rooting for Sharapova. She's good to look at

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post

Anyone that plays Federer

He's a great player, perfect gentleman. I don't know why I don't support him.

Tendinitis is relatively benign. He's probably got to the point where his pain killers aren't controlling it. Some rest will heal it up for Nadal. Problem is the way he plays will trigger it again.

Nadal for US Open. You heard it hear first.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Anyone that plays Federer

He's a great player, perfect gentleman. I don't know why I don't support him.

Tendinitis is relatively benign. He's probably got to the point where his pain killers aren't controlling it. Some rest will heal it up for Nadal. Problem is the way he plays will trigger it again.

Nadal for US Open. You heard it hear first.
    Hardcourts are Nadal's weakpoint Fed for US Open

This year it seems to me that all the top players are struggling, Maria is struggling and now she is out after 2nd round, Ana Ivanovic is struggling almost lost that first round match. Nadal isnt playing ( thats a shame) but overall I think the only player that is 100 percent fit and ready is Roger Federal. Hope he wins again it would be awesome. I hope from woman sides Venus doesnt win again

I watched a bit of the tennis last night and I noticed this one thing.
    Gisela Dulko is so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I watched a bit of the tennis last night and I noticed this one thing.
    Gisela Dulko is so hot.
    I thought the same, she outclassed Sharapova in more ways than one.

Member of TC fanclub.

Fernando Gonzalez is out. 5 set victory by JCF. Cilic is also out, losing in a 5 setter to Tommy Haas. I want Haas to go far in this tournament. He deserves it after going through all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Fernando Gonzalez is out. 5 set victory by JCF. Cilic is also out, losing in a 5 setter to Tommy Haas. I want Haas to go far in this tournament. He deserves it after going through all the injuries.
    Yep Haas my favorite player. Wish he was abit younger though.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Good job by Haas upsetting Djokovic. Haas has been on a roll as of late.

We're down to the semifinals now. Any predictions?

Murray - Roddick

Federer - Haas

MY predictions - Federer vs Murray in the finals. Federer wins in 4.

On virtual tennis last night Haas beat Federer 6-2 6-3 HA!
    But yeah, Fed will win the whole thing.

And lets hope Roddick > Murray.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~