Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1190

Thread: Tennis

The first 2 sets Murray didn't play as good as he did with Nadal. I found the first 2 sets a bit boring.

First GS title for Fed after he becomes a dad.

Ghaleon : if Nadal won't recover very soon, he'll lose points from tourneys he won last year & will slip down further the rank. And I agree, Fed for the French Open (and Wimby and USO)

Han : did you get to go to the stadium again for the final game?

Man i only got to watch the semis, i decided too late to buy the finals. Just got sold out the day before we buy our tickets.

Btw, bought our tickets in Nov 2009 lol.

Han Solo
    P/s: Fedex is good eh!!
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Ha, I'm surprised that none of you Fed haters showed up & started the party already

Congrats to Soderling to play superb today. May he gets into final and gives Nadal another spanking this year. He deserves the French Open title if he can play like this in semi & final (well, he's been playing great since round 1)

If one can beat Federer and Nadal in one tournament, then that person really deserves the title (like DelPot did back in USO 09).

I'm sad that Fed loses and ends his 23 consecutive SF streaks. But all good things have to come to an end eventually
    Last edited by blueberry; 06-01-10 at 09:42 PM.

go federer! i'm always ur fan!

looks like its nadal giving everyone the spanking
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

the us open is simply too fast for nadal to win. his run will end as soon as he gotta face hard court aces like murray or fed.

nadal, 9 gs total

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    nadal, 9 gs total
    9 <<< 16 Will still be a while before he can surpass Roger, but now I have to admit that the possibility is wide open now.

Congrats to Nadal. He deserves to be #1 this year, for he is the best player so far. I'm really impressed & surprised to see his new serve working well. He proved everybody that said he can't win USO were wrong. Good play too, even though I still can't enjoy his game.

Congrats to Djokovic too, for showing that he is back on top. I hope this USO will be his turning point to be a way better player next year. He has the ability to beat Nadal

Little bit dissapointed with Federer. After a good summer run @ Toronto & Cincy & USO (up to semi), he somehow fell apart (or having a brain freeze moment) in semi (2nd, 4th and 5th set). Darn it! Hopefully his new coach can create some magic together with him next year. I also hope if Federer has seriously lost motivation to play tennis any longer (after having twin babies etc), just retire now before it's too late. I rather see him retired than playing without heart/motivation & keep losing.

Women's side is much better than last year. Sharapova is improving little by little, Wozniacki has a good summer, Clijsters playing really really well (specially in the final where she spanked Zvonareva).

I had such good summer enjoying tennis this year. I also had the opportunity to watch Cincy quarter finals (Murray-Fish, Djokovic-Roddick, Federer-Davydenko). Saw some of those players up close on the practice court (Nadal too! But he played the night game, so I didn't watch). Seriously thinking about going back next year, specially because starting next year Cincy will combine men-women in the same week (instead of back-to-back week). Anybody here interested to go??
    Last edited by blueberry; 09-20-10 at 06:22 PM.

Was going back several pages & found something interesting. 2 things I learned from this year :

1. Trust what the player said. They're the experts. They know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Remember what Nadal said after his win at Aussie open? Fed will win French before he will win US. Now he can have a fair crack at the US open.
    2. Never write anybody off until they do/say so themselves. People said Federer was done/finished after having a bad 2008 year. He proved everybody was wrong & came back strong in 2009. Likewise with Nadal. After a bad 2009, a lot of people (including me) said he was done. Yeah...he came back stronger & like Federer did, he proved those people are wrong once again.

As much as I hate Nadal, there's something about Federer & Nadal that commands respect for both players.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
    9 <<< 16 Will still be a while before he can surpass Roger, but now I have to admit that the possibility is wide open now.

Congrats to Nadal. He deserves to be #1 this year, for he is the best player so far. I'm really impressed & surprised to see his new serve working well. He proved everybody that said he can't win USO were wrong. Good play too, even though I still can't enjoy his game.

Congrats to Djokovic too, for showing that he is back on top. I hope this USO will be his turning point to be a way better player next year. He has the ability to beat Nadal

Little bit dissapointed with Federer. After a good summer run @ Toronto & Cincy & USO (up to semi), he somehow fell apart (or having a brain freeze moment) in semi (2nd, 4th and 5th set). Darn it! Hopefully his new coach can create some magic together with him next year. I also hope if Federer has seriously lost motivation to play tennis any longer (after having twin babies etc), just retire now before it's too late. I rather see him retired than playing without heart/motivation & keep losing.

Women's side is much better than last year. Sharapova is improving little by little, Wozniacki has a good summer, Clijsters playing really really well (specially in the final where she spanked Zvonareva).

I had such good summer enjoying tennis this year. I also had the opportunity to watch Cincy quarter finals (Murray-Fish, Djokovic-Roddick, Federer-Davydenko). Saw some of those players up close on the practice court (Nadal too! But he played the night game, so I didn't watch). Seriously thinking about going back next year, specially because starting next year Cincy will combine men-women in the same week (instead of back-to-back week). Anybody here interested to go??
    haha u finally admit nadal is better give nadal 2 years and he'll have 17 (love being c0cky lol).

i would go to the combine if i lived near........ but too far

haha u finally admit nadal is better give nadal 2 years and he'll have 17 (love being c0cky lol).

i would go to the combine if i lived near........ but too far
    One has to admit it since this year the result speaks for itself. Only a fool won't admit that. Same thing could be said with people that won't admit that Roger was the better player before this year

But nobody can guarantee that Nadal will (or can) surpass Federer. The possibility is there, whether or not Nadal can break the record, it still has to be seen. 2 yrs? Nah, I don't think so. IF it happens, it'll take more than 2 yrs.

One has to admit it since this year the result speaks for itself. Only a fool won't admit that. Same thing could be said with people that won't admit that Roger was the better player before this year

But nobody can guarantee that Nadal will (or can) surpass Federer. The possibility is there, whether or not Nadal can break the record, it still has to be seen. 2 yrs? Nah, I don't think so. IF it happens, it'll take more than 2 yrs.
    i can never admit federer was the better player any years before my hatred toward him is just too much

i can never admit federer was the better player any years before my hatred toward him is just too much
    Lunar honey, you are a fool then

I hate Nadal as much you hate Federer, but I give credit where it belongs. Now I can only pray that Nadal will retire soon so I don't have to keep watching him picking & sniffing his butt everytime he's going to serve.

Lunar honey, you are a fool then

I hate Nadal as much you hate Federer, but I give credit where it belongs. Now I can only pray that Nadal will retire soon so I don't have to keep watching him picking & sniffing his butt everytime he's going to serve.
    hahaha nadal will the one that forces federer to retirement and he wont retire until he surpass federer in 2 years

goooooooooo NADALLLLL

I'm pretty sure Nadal's knees will crack soon and he will soon get a whole lot more competition from mopy Murray and Djokovic. Besides, I don't think Federer is going anywhere anytime soon. He is here to stay atleast till London 2012 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nadal's knees will crack soon and he will soon get a whole lot more competition from mopy Murray and Djokovic. Besides, I don't think Federer is going anywhere anytime soon. He is here to stay atleast till London 2012 Olympics.
    another fed fan :

goodrick : are you Federer's fan too?

Lunar : behave!! If Nadal & Fed can get along, the fans should be able to respect each other too!

This is one boring month! Can't wait for Aussie Open. I hope Fed can defend his title....

Women side is wide open since Serena won't play. I'm hoping Kim or Wozniacki will win.

Whoa no one's been here in a while.

Yay Li Na?

Congrats to Clijsters & Djokovic for winning the 2011 AO.

Sad that Fed lost to Djoker, but since Djoker is my #2 guy after Fed, it didn't hurt as much And it helped a lot too that I don't have to see any buttpicking or trophy-biting in this final.

Tennis forum is buzzing with Li Na's achievement. I like her during her interviews, but lost some of it during the final since she complained left and right. She sure can hit the ball hard, but Kim is a much better player.

With so many upcoming young players making a splash in this tourney both in men & women side, I'm wondering, like everybody else, if this is the begining of the end of Fedal era on the men side (I sure hope not!). On the women side, with Venus injured all the time, Serena out injured (or not focused 100% on tennis anymore), Henin retired again, and Kim just announced that this year will be her last full year on the tour, WTA really needs somebody to step up big time.

I watched Wozniacki's matches more often in this tournament, OMG. The more I watch, the more I come to dislike her game. She's a female version of Nadal, chases the balls everywhere like a dog, but with much less skills/weapons. I still want her to get a major title just to shut up all the haters that hate her just because she got to #1 without GS title. Hopefully she can improve her game in the future, she's still young after all.

Now I can sleep in normal hours again after 2 weeks of lackluster sleep

was rooting for li na but her attitude is so bad haha