Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

what happened to the american ladies? none of them are seeded this time?

EDIT: ok i just checked.... Venus is injured again. Davenport is pregnant. Monica Seles is unofficially retired. Capriati is as good as retired. Serena is coming back from a period of injuries, complacency and mixed results so she ain't seeded. i don't follow the WTA, I was completely out of the loop.

anyone watching the Marcos Baghdatis v Gael Monfils match now? Baghdatis is 2 sets down, he doesn't look match fit....i'm rooting for Monfils...pretty dynamic guy, always liked him

on another note, found this interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfS7ij2kGA

that's what a gf's for

"he practices with his girlfriend and then goes out there to the slams and massacre everyone?" lol
    Last edited by c13:4567; 01-17-07 at 08:18 AM.
    路漫漫,长伴......

C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    what happened to the american ladies? none of them are seeded this time?
    The seeded American ladies were usually William sisters and Davenport but they've been injured and miss lots of events in 2006. Their rankings fell and as a result, no seeding this year at Aussie open. Also, I think this is also the first time that no American lady was placed in top 10 at end of year rankings. Anyway, i think only Serena out of these three are playing in the Aussie Open. She might be a dangerous outsider. I'd like Hingis to do well.

As for mens, its all about Roger Federer!
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

marat vs roddick should be a fun match

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I have been quite sad since my dear Lleyton Hewitt's ranking fell waaaay down from 3rd or 4th or something...
    Lleyton... bleh

Federer anyday!
    now if you want to talk about earliest sporting crushes...

I'm still recalling his "emotional" win last year at Australian Open. From "sheesh, he's so arrogant and cocky," it suddenly became "omg, he is, like, sooo cute."

But even more so, i still recall his 5 set loss to Marat Safin the year prior to that. I was absolutely devastated so i'm rather glad that Andy Roddick took out Marat Safin yesterday... a pretty good match actually.

I'm hoping to see a Federer-Roddick semi final and a Federer-Nadal final.

Men's tennis is very good at the moment, i think a 3rd round matchup between Marat and Andy pretty tells the story of how high the standard of tennis there is.

Well, Lleyton lost last night... but GOSH, Fernando Gonzalez in the first set had 23 winners and 1 unforced error... i mean, seriously! Same thing happened in the second.

4th Round matchups for today: Andy Roddick vs. Mario Ancic
    Federer is playing tonight... *cheers* Everyone thinks i'm crazy, but seriously, he is THE best tennis player at the moment, as well as the hottest

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    4th Round matchups for today: Andy Roddick vs. Mario Ancic
    Federer is playing tonight... *cheers* Everyone thinks i'm crazy, but seriously, he is THE best tennis player at the moment, as well as the hottest
    I've never been a fan of Andy Roddick, for some random reason or another.

You're not crazy to think that Federer is THE best tennis player, because I agree...
    But the hottest?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

good grief, my tennis idol Marat Safin was eliminated. to me, there's no longer any interesting stuff in the Austraylia open this year.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

i hope federer or blake will win ao this year esp. blake since he haven't won any slams yet. but as long as nadal or roddick wins im happy

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Lleyton... bleh
    Haha, I totally agree. Everything about that guy makes me wanna .

Why would everyone think you're crazy for thinking highly of Federer?

I would love to see Federer and Nadal face off in the finals again.

Is anyone following the women's side? China hasn't exactly been a strong contender in tennis, so it's a pleasant surprise to see Li Na ousting Safin's younger sister, Safina.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Li Na scares me, as would any woman who could snap my neck in half with her pinky.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Li_na_2007_sydney_medibank_international.jpg/400px-Li_na_2007_sydney_medibank_international.jpg')

Go Federer!
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    good grief, my tennis idol Marat Safin was eliminated. to me, there's no longer any interesting stuff in the Austraylia open this year.
    didnt he play roddick in one of the earlier round? tough break for him. i like safin as well, but i think injuries had taken a toll on him...

go Na Li! she is having such a great year
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Li Na scares me, as would any woman who could snap my neck in half with her pinky.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Li_na_2007_sydney_medibank_international.jpg/400px-Li_na_2007_sydney_medibank_international.jpg')

Go Federer!
    thats scary! never realized she was that buff....i wonder who has the bigger biceps, serena or li na?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    go Na Li! she is having such a great year
    i remember she didn't do well in the asian games, which led to public criticism of her mental weakness by the chinese tennis fed chief. maybe expectations were too high....

abt more than a year ago, i was betting on peng shuai to lead the chinese female contingent instead of li na. i watched peng play Kim Clijsters in a major tournament quite a while back and she managed to outhit Clijsters, which was saying something since Clijsters wasn't having a bad game at all.

btw, i think i can watch Fernando Gonzalez's forehand all day, what a weapon! and i can watch Maria Sharapova all day, those legs!
    路漫漫,长伴......

C'mon get ready......the future is now, the past is gone forever.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Why would everyone think you're crazy for thinking highly of Federer?
    a long time ago, when i first half fell in love, Federer wasn't that great of a player... yet he used to be an underachiever... no more though, obviously

I'm REALLY disappointed that Andy Murray lost last night. I know i was pulling for a Nadal- Federer final, but I do favour Andy Murray over Nadal, and Andy played some good tennis and i sat there for the first set thinking- wait, i thought Nadal had a good forehand

I've never been a fan of Andy Roddick, for some random reason or another.
    that's coz he reminds me a bit of a monkey lol, I've always thought he was so-so, but his game seems to have really picked up towards the end of last year and this year.

well, i guess you would expect that with JIMMY CONNERS coaching him

You're not crazy to think that Federer is THE best tennis player, because I agree...
    But the hottest?
    well, the camera isn't focused constantly on his face, and from a distance, he is certainly the hottest. Plus, when you're young, how "hot" someone is seems to be based less on actual facial features than the aura they exude and what Federer gives is a feeling of incredible hotness, and seriously, Nadal may have the muscle, but Federer's body is much more attractive Plus, he's the only player than looks hot in slow-mo replays I'm not prone to change, and i grew up watching a lot of Federer, so even though there are good young players out there, i think i'll always favour Federer, then Roddick, Safin, etc.

THEREFORE, i conclude that Federer is the hottest. at least in my view. Lleyton's ugly, sparky, face it!

Well, they discovered the weakness of the Federer game recently. His inability to challenge line calls!

Most players choose to challenge using hawkeye when the ball is close to the line and may or may not have touched the line. Generally a margin of roughly 1-3 cm. Now Federer challenged a serve of his that was almost a third way between the service line and the baseline... i nearly died of laughter. I could not believe how bad that challenge was! i mean, it was off by some 30cm

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon

Go Federer!
    Holly cow! Scary indeed.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I hope someone could stop Federer. Honestly I don't have any obvious reason to dislike him since he's a perfect tennis player, he's a model man, he's good etc. etc. but recently the way he's won almost all the tournaments he's participated in makes watching tennis become rather boring.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

I hope someone could stop Federer. Honestly I don't have any obvious reason to dislike him since he's a perfect tennis player, he's a model man, he's good etc. etc. but recently the way he's won almost all the tournaments he's participated in makes watching tennis become rather boring.
    Well it's Federer- Robredo. Let's see how it goes, but it's a 6-0 record for Federer, so i'd be pretty surprised if he loses.

Someone buy me that Federer calendar for my birthday

Roddick beat Fish more easily than Federer beat Robredo. ^^ Hope he will derail the Federer Express.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Roddick beat Fish more easily than Federer beat Robredo. ^^ Hope he will derail the Federer Express.
    it's not happening, kooyong was a one off! I'll be really depressed if Federer loses to Nadal in the final though.

A 12 match losing history with 8 straight losses have been so far against Federer is too much for Roddick already. Lol, since 13 is not a lucky number in the Western societies, so I think this time he will have a great motive power to defeat the Express. Roddick FTW!!!!!
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。