Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HYS's Students

Default HYS's Students

What happened to each of HYS's students? I know vaguely of each, but there are some that I am unsure of, such as how the Lu Manor burnt down, and such. Thanks.

Chan Yeun Fung - killed by Gwok Jing in LOCH

Mui Chiu Fung - killed by West Poison Au Yeung Fung in LOCH

Kuk Ling Fung - died in a struggle against a Sung government warrior while trying to steal treasure for East Heretic Wong Yerk See; this happened sometime after Deun Teen Dak's assault on the Gwok/Yeung families' home in Ox Village during LOCH

Luk Sing Fung - died sometime between LOCH and ROCH; cause of death unknown

Mo Min Fung - nothing known about him other than his name and that he had been a student of Wong Yerk See's; presumed dead

Fung Mak Fung - killed by the Golden Wheel Monk in ROCH

Ching Ying - still alive and kicking as of the end of ROCH

The original Luk Family Manor near Lake Tai was burned down by Au Yeung Fung during LOCH after Wong Yung had trapped him inside the Peach Blossom Formation installed into the manor's orchard garden. Unable to escape the trap by any other means, Au Yeung Fung set fire to the peach blossom orchard (and incinerated the entire manor complex). Fortunately, the Luk Family was not at home at the time, and they eventually built a new Luk Family Manor in Dai Sing Kwan (that's where the Luk Family hosted the Heroes' Conference during ROCH).

Btw, does Peach Blossom Island exist before HYS, or did he founded his own island/sect?
    ..ext88

Thank you very much Ken Cheng! It is too bad that all of his original students ended up dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Btw, does Peach Blossom Island exist before HYS, or did he founded his own island/sect?
    For pure speculation, some people think that Peach Blossom Island may be the Gallant Island in Ode to Gallantry, where hundreds of years before LOCH, a mysterious wulin "qianbei" left prints of the poem and pictures of the divine Ode to Gallantry arts.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    For pure speculation, some people think that Peach Blossom Island may be the Gallant Island in Ode to Gallantry, where hundreds of years before LOCH, a mysterious wulin "qianbei" left prints of the poem and pictures of the divine Ode to Gallantry arts.
    Was it described in the Gallant Island that there were beautiful peach blossom flowers on it?
    ..ext88

hmm, what happened to the families of HYS's students? i remember two - shagu and the luk guy.

Didn't the son of the Lu family marry someone from the Cheng family? (Some big family mentioned in LOCH, the girl that was kidnapped by OYK and then saved by the Begger Union) Or was that just the LOCH03 adaption...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    hmm, what happened to the families of HYS's students? i remember two - shagu and the luk guy.
    Sor Goo was murdered by Lee Mok Sau in TVB's ROCH '83 adaptation. Apparently, this wasn't so in the novel, so I suppose she lived out the rest of her life on Peach Blossom Island.

Luk Sing Fung died from an unknown cause between LOCH and ROCH, but his son Luk Gwoon Ying became an important leader in wulin during the time of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    Didn't the son of the Lu family marry someone from the Cheng family? (Some big family mentioned in LOCH, the girl that was kidnapped by OYK and then saved by the Begger Union) Or was that just the LOCH03 adaption...
    No, it all happened. Luk Gwoon Ying and his wife, Ching Yiu Ga, continued to appear (in lesser roles, naturally) even in ROCH. It was their home that hosted the Heroes' Conference where Yeung Gor humiliated Fok Do and Dat Yee Ba.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng

Kuk Ling Fung - died in a struggle against a Sung government warrior while trying to steal treasure for East Heretic Wong Yerk See; this happened sometime after Deun Teen Dak's assault on the Gwok/Yeung families' home in Ox Village during LOCH
    He actually disappeared just before the Gwok and Yeung families' homes were assualted. Because when GST and YTS went to his inn, it was closed and no one knew where he went.

How good were Luk Gwoon Ying's martial arts? Where did he learn it from?

How good were Luk Gwoon Ying's martial arts? Where did he learn it from?
    From his father. His martial arts were so so in LOCH. He couldn't even defeat Yeung Hong one-on-one. By ROCH, I guess he was a little better, but not elite by any stretch of the imagination.

So his father finally started to teach him martial arts... How was he able to invite all those people with his martial arts level? Why would he be respected by Wulin?

So his father finally started to teach him martial arts... How was he able to invite all those people with his martial arts level? Why would he be respected by Wulin?
    Probably through his connections. He was a good friend of Gwok Jing and Wong Yung and a grand-student of East Heretic Wong Yerk See. Having Peach Blossom Island connections during the era of ROCH was a pretty compelling wulin credential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    From his father. His martial arts were so so in LOCH. He couldn't even defeat Yeung Hong one-on-one. By ROCH, I guess he was a little better, but not elite by any stretch of the imagination.
    I think you are wrong here:
    When LSFs son was growing up his father was still expelled from the Peach Blossom Island school over the whole incident with the 9yin manual, so he didn't dare teach him Peach Blossom martial arts. Instead LSF arranged for his son to learn martial arts from some collateral branch of Shaolin or something like that, which is why his martial arts were only pretty unspectacular, but later on in the novel HYS allowed his father to teach him Peach Blossom Island skills so we can assume that he started to improve from then on.

Well, I think Ken Cheng was talking about where his martial arts in ROCH came from, which would be his father.

I don't think so:
    IIRC LSFs son never actually used any martial arts during the entire story of ROCH, the only time we see him fight is during LOCH, once against YK and once against a third generation disciple of the QuanZhen sect, and at that time he didn't know any Peach Blossom Island martial arts at all. At that time it was also mentioned that his martial arts were actually quite decent, but just nowhere as advanced as those of the QuanZhen sect/YK, which is why he lost.

We have got no way of knowing how good he was by the time of ROCH so I feel it is unfair to say he was only so-so considering how he managed to at least hold his own during LOCH eventhough he only knew some really average martial arts, considering his talent and character I would guess that he could have become very good for someone of his generation by the time of ROCH (however his generation pretty much seemed to suck, think 3rd generation QuanZhen taoists, Granddisciples of Reverend Yi Deng and so on), just nowhere near the actual top fighters of his time who were usually a generation above him.

didn`t one of teh students have a daughter? she called her self Co Cung? [crazy girl?]

i was watching a pre-queal [myster of the condor hero], i wasnt sure if TVB made it up. [pretty sure] but the island had 3 people who lived on it;

they were martial arts people; a mother, father & daughter. the daughter wore the shirt [like wong yungs] that keeps her from getting hurt. the giirl died... & i gues WYS took it for his daughter? i dont know been a while since i watched it.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

I completely agree with MisterM.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人