View Poll Results: Lee Chum Foon vs. Dook Goo Kau Bai: Who lives? Who dies?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chum Foon dies

24 45.28%
  • Dook Goo Kau Bai dies

16 30.19%
  • They both die

13 24.53%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lee Chum Foon vs. Dook Goo Kau Bai: place your bets!

What does it matter if you see the fight or not? The results are plain. A person dies. With a dagger in their throat if they were up against LXH. That's all that matters.
    If King Kong fought T-Rex and I didn't get to watch the whole fight but just the last part where Kong left with a dead T-Rex lying behind him, then I'd be seriously pissed. Wouldn't you?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    If King Kong fought T-Rex and I didn't get to watch the whole fight but just the last part where Kong left with a dead T-Rex lying behind him, then I'd be seriously pissed. Wouldn't you?
    That was Gu Long's style, however. His fans didn't seem to mind.

Li Xunhuan throws his dagger at at Shangguan Jinhong. It was so fast that Shangguan Jinhong couldn't even believe in death that there was a dagger stuck in his throat.

INSTANT BS!

Murong Bo adopts the ultimate perfect defensive stance, no flaws whatsoever. Janitor Monk floats on pixie dust towards him and taps him on the head. Murong Bo falls to the ground.

TOTALLY BELIEVABLE!
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

yeah, its like, all this stuff is the authors writing their books; if they write it, it happened, whether you like it or not is up to each individual reader.
    havent come up with a good one yet..

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    yeah, its like, all this stuff is the authors writing their books; if they write it, it happened, whether you like it or not is up to each individual reader.
    To me the action and the doing is more than the result. But I guess we can't do anything about it. Why don't you write your own wuxia story?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    To me the action and the doing is more than the result. But I guess we can't do anything about it. Why don't you write your own wuxia story?
    Cause I love Gu Long and Jin Yong, all aspects ! I'm referring to the others here who think some stuff sucks.

TommyH
    Unregistered

If Dook Goo Kau Bai waits for Lee Chum Foon to release the dagger then the chances of Lee Chum Foon winning is really great. But if Dook Goo Kau Bai doesn't care about Lee's daggers and just want to fight then Lee's definately dead.

I'm starting to like Dook Goo Kau Bai a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    If Dook Goo Kau Bai waits for Lee Chum Foon to release the dagger then the chances of Lee Chum Foon winning is really great. But if Dook Goo Kau Bai doesn't care about Lee's daggers and just want to fight then Lee's definately dead.

I'm starting to like Dook Goo Kau Bai a lot .
    That's supposing that Dugu Qiubai and Shangguan Jinhong were at the same level of martial arts. Remember, they both supposedly reached the "no sword" phase, and so did Li. So its not certain either way.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Li Xunhuan hardly reached any no sword stage, he still relied on a physical dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Li Xunhuan hardly reached any no sword stage, he still relied on a physical dagger.
    yeah, Shangguan Jinhong did not bring his rings anymore, and LXH was very impressed to hear that. And we know Shangguan Jinhong is "better" than LXH, so its logical he's at a higher level.

From memory, both SGJH and LXH reached the stage where the sword and the body is one.

GL never used the "swordless" stage ala DGQB in the Sentimental Swordman, Ruthless Sword.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    From memory, both SGJH and LXH reached the stage where the sword and the body is one.

GL never used the "swordless" stage ala DGQB in the Sentimental Swordman, Ruthless Sword.

Han Solo
    LXH was one with his dagger. Shangguan Jinhong was at a higher level; he carried no weapons because they were in his heart. Thats swordless, or "ringless".

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Shangguan Jinhong was at a higher level; he carried no weapons because they were in his heart. Thats swordless, or "ringless".
    That's why he ended up with a dagger in his throat as he realised that blocking the dagger with the weapon in his heart was a bad idea. Serves him right. What an arrogant bastard.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    That's why he ended up with a dagger in his throat as he realised that blocking the dagger with the weapon in his heart was a bad idea. Serves him right. What an arrogant bastard.
    He just wanted to see if he could dodge it, not block it. It doesnt have anything to do with his achieved level. He did not see the satisfaction in killing LXH without even letting him throw his dagger; no challenge there. Arrogant bastard? He's the villain after all

Man, if I were the villain, those silly heroes would be dead.

Do you mean if you had those skills?

Yeah, even SGGH had to be super careful since if he blinked at a bad time, he'd end up dead instead of LXH (which points to a major brainfart of succumbing to temptation to test LXH's dagger. LXH really did everything he could to get SGGH to do that XD).

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Yeah, even SGGH had to be super careful since if he blinked at a bad time, he'd end up dead instead of LXH (which points to a major brainfart of succumbing to temptation to test LXH's dagger. LXH really did everything he could to get SGGH to do that XD).
    Seung Gwoon Gum Hung's likely last thought before dropping dead: "What was I thinking?!"

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Seung Gwoon Gum Hung's likely last thought before dropping dead: "What was I thinking?!"
    Haha! He probably wished that he hadn't been so foolish.