Thread: Lung Siu Wan - what desperation can drive a man to.

Default Lung Siu Wan - what desperation can drive a man to.

Lung Siu Wan, Lee Chum Foon's sworn brother, seemed to be a perfect example of what desperation can drive a man to. Originally, he was a brave and compassionate hero and a loyal friend...saving Lee Chum Foon's life. After twenty years of marriage to Lee's former lover Lam See Yum and high status in wulin, however, Lung had grown so fearful of losing all he had gained in Lee's absence that he was willing to betray Lee to preserve all that he treasured. It was a complete 180-degree turn for this character.

but if he was a true gentleman he wouldn't have liked his friend's fiancee...i never thought he was that good to start off with.

i believe if the bases of a person is good in the end they would remain good.

You can't control who you love.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    but if he was a true gentleman he wouldn't have liked his friend's fiancee...i never thought he was that good to start off with.
    I was under the impression that when Lung Siu Wan fell in love with Lam See Yum, he only knew that she was Lee Chum Foon's cousin; I think he wasn't aware that the two were betrothed until later.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Lung Siu Wan, Lee Chum Foon's sworn brother, seemed to be a perfect example of what desperation can drive a man to. Originally, he was a brave and compassionate hero and a loyal friend...saving Lee Chum Foon's life. After twenty years of marriage to Lee's former lover Lam See Yum and high status in wulin, however, Lung had grown so fearful of losing all he had gained in Lee's absence that he was willing to betray Lee to preserve all that he treasured. It was a complete 180-degree turn for this character.
    I never liked this character but I didn't blaim him that he liked Lam See Yum. But he practically became a loser later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Lung had grown so fearful of losing all he had gained in Lee's absence that he was willing to betray Lee to preserve all that he treasured. It was a complete 180-degree turn for this character.
    Same thing happened to Anakin Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Same thing happened to Anakin Skywalker.
    With Anakin, you could kind of see it coming. With Lung Siu Wan, however, it was a huge "WTF?!"