Thread: Peach Blossom Island

Default Peach Blossom Island

Can someone explain the layout, or geography of Peach Blossom Island? I think that this is a very interesting setting and would like to learn more about it. Information on the different layers of traps and the different houses on the island would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    Can someone explain the layout, or geography of Peach Blossom Island? I think that this is a very interesting setting and would like to learn more about it. Information on the different layers of traps and the different houses on the island would be great.
    For your information: " bronze statue of Louis Cha, or Jin Yong in Chinese, a Hong Kong martial art novel writer, is soon to be set up in the Peach Blossom Island in eastern Zhejiang Province, where Louis Cha has described in several of his most popular martial art novels. Local officials say this is to further stimulate tourism spurred by recent martial art TV series based on Louis' novels.

Over the years, visitors to the small island have increased substantially as the craze for Louis Cha's martial art novels have been again ignited.

The small island has been the venue where several TV series adapted from Louis Cha's novels were shot. Its magic beauty with numerous peach trees in blossom had stunned Louis Cha when he visited the island in his early years.

The statue to be set up around 15th this month will cost some 2,000,000 yuan or some 250,000 US dollars."

See pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting that information, I remember reading about it in the past, that is indeed interesting. Based on the novel, what were some unique/interesting facts about the island?

It's part of an archipelago of islands and has the highest small mountain of any of the islands at 540 meters. It's becoming quite a tourist destination. In the books the main feature other than Huang Yaoshi's home and his wife's tomb is the path maze that Huang Yaoshi could change at will and was used to trap Guo Jing when he and Huang Rong visited her father. Good thing too since it leads to the meeting of Guo Jing and Zhou Botong. Also it is the burial place of 5 of the Jiangnan 7 Freaks.

Was there anything special to Huang YaoShi's home? Also, was there multiple layers of mazes and traps? Or just one? Thanks so much.

They could convert this "Peach Blossom Island" into Jin Yong theme park. The world doesn't have a wuxia-themed amusement park yet.

Can someone explain how those mazes work? I've just finished LoCH and now reading RoCH. The descriptions go 'X gives rise to Y gives rise to Z', but how exactly do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    They could convert this "Peach Blossom Island" into Jin Yong theme park. The world doesn't have a wuxia-themed amusement park yet.
    That would surely boost the tourism there. Then we could have a large-size peach blossom flower as rollercoaster..
    ..ext88

Default Peach Blossom Island

Was it really possible that HYS and O Chen Au (Flying Bat Guy) lived on Peach Blossom Island? I mean after the huge affair with him thinking HYS killing his sworn siblings did they ever repair their relations, especially with HYS being the way he was? Is it possible the island was big enough for 2 such big and unrelenting personalities? While HYS was often touring China one would imagine he would be home at some point...
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

they didn't

HYS traveled around all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I might actually want to go to such theme park. : )

HYS traveled around frequently. Even if he was back at PBI, PBI is definitely large enough to house the two.

As for their "feud", I think when Ke Zhen E realized he was wrong, all was settled. HYS didn't cared for an apology and he knew very well he was somewhat responsible for the mis-understanding; he challenged Ke Zhen E, stating so what if he was the murderer.

Ke Zhener was also man enough to realise that he was wrong all this while, and would have no problems sharing an island with Huang YaoShi and bumping into him occasionally. He was a very proud man, but one who was humble enough to know when to accept that he was wrong, and not spend his life running away from someone he didn't want to face. I mean, running to Peach Blossom Island to call for reinforcements when Huang Rong was captured by Ouyang Feng, attempting suicide and then being told to behave by Hong Qigong and HYS can't have been easy for anyone's ego, but he was mature enough to know what the correct option was.

The fact that HYS wasn't one to keep harping on it, or even bother to speak to KZE in the first place made the situation even less awkward.