Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did Dugu live; new evidence?

Default When did Dugu live; new evidence?

I just posted this in the HSDS thread, but I want to bring it to other people's attention and get their opinions. I'm talking about YG discovering DG's wooden sword rotten in the sword tomb:

"Most of the top arts of DGSD must have been developed in the Tang Dynasty right? Then they must have had mad powerful greats.

Personally I think Tang is when Dugu lived. I was talking to my dad about this, and he confirmed; wood protected from the element rots, but we're talking hundreds of years, not 70-80."

How do you explain the Condor living for that long?
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

well might be i just can't and will not believe dugu CAN BEAT DUAN YU (IN PRIME) , XU ZHU ( IN pRIME), AND SWEEPER MONK. Unless his did'nt actually fight them, cos sweeper is just a machine. Also it's generally believed dugu lived during Huang Shengs era, no records of them meeting either. It's ambigious man, DUGU HS r just typical mysteries of Jy Universe. Most likely never to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT

if turtles cna live for hundreds of yrs, why not condor? Thos Gall Bladders must of done something to it's health. And did'nt Damo live for hundreds of yrs.lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT
    If Dugu did die 70-80 years before, and lived with the condor, then that would already make it 100+ years old. That bird is seriously strange, who knows its life span?

Anyway we dont know the life span of the bird, but there's no way wood in a sealed tomb rots after 70-80 years.

Off-topic: sometimes I wonder how long ZBT lived for; he was well over 100 and seemed to be getting younger... even his beard turned dark again
    Last edited by danshu_; 04-09-06 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    well might be i just can't and will not believe dugu CAN BEAT DUAN YU (IN PRIME) , XU ZHU ( IN pRIME), AND SWEEPER MONK. Unless his did'nt actually fight them, cos sweeper is just a machine. Also it's generally believed dugu lived during Huang Shengs era, no records of them meeting either. It's ambigious man, DUGU HS r just typical mysteries of Jy Universe. Most likely never to be explained.
    Thats why maybe the answer to all these questions of why doesnt anyone know about dugu, why didnt he fight so and so, he couldnt beat so and so, etc, is that he actually live ALOT earlier than people expected.

That's actually a very, very good point. It DOES take wood a long time to rot away, especially if protected.

Well, I think it may be POSSIBLE. Afterall, in my opinion, Tang Dynasty was the peak of Chinese civilization. It was superior to the rest of the world in everyway. The Byzantium were already past the golden age of Justinian. Since Tang is the peak, I don't see why Martial arts aren't at a peak.

Anyway we dont know the life span of the bird
    Animals that have anything to do with martial arts tend to live 100+ years no problem in the Jin Yong universe. Just think of Yin Kexi's ape

there's no way wood in a sealed tomb rots after 70-80 years.
    It can, if the author of the novel wants it to
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    I just posted this in the HSDS thread, but I want to bring it to other people's attention and get their opinions. I'm talking about YG discovering DG's wooden sword rotten in the sword tomb:

"Most of the top arts of DGSD must have been developed in the Tang Dynasty right? Then they must have had mad powerful greats.

Personally I think Tang is when Dugu lived. I was talking to my dad about this, and he confirmed; wood protected from the element rots, but we're talking hundreds of years, not 70-80."
    DGSD occurred in Northern Sung.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Yeah, but where it developed? That's way before N Song. Ming cult got into China during the Tang dynasty if I'm not mistakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    And?? I said most of the arts in DGSD must have been DEVELOPED in the Tang, since I can't think of any that were invented during the novel

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    It can, if the author of the novel wants it to
    I don't see any evidence he did though; or at least no more than that DG lived with Huang Shang

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Yeah, but where it developed? That's way before N Song. Ming cult got into China during the Tang dynasty if I'm not mistakened.
    Oops. Sorry didn't notice that.

From Tang dynasty (618-907) to Southern Song Dynasty (1127-1280), we are talking a minimum of 200 years.

Han SOlo

Pre-Northern Song was a period where little Xianbei tribes ran wild in Northern China. Dugu was said to be one of them so this theory sort of makes sense.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Post Evidence proving DGQB and WCY coexists at the same time

I have diggin up histroy books, accounts, webpages and accidentally found evidence on both DGQB and WCY co-exists at the same time. Let's assume we can mix history into wuxia.

Historically, WCY and Quanzhen Sect both exists. But DGQB is a fictional character that is created by Jin Yong. All we know is that both DGQB and WCY did not appear in DGSD and LOCH. So, we assume they exist in the time between DGSD and LOCH. Which is about 100 years difference.

Wang Chongyang
    Historically WCY was born on the year 1113, he died on the year 1170. So history suggests he died at the age of 57. Before 57, he's already at great level, and more powerful than the rest of the greats - HYS, OYF, YD and HQG.

Dugu Qiubai
    DGQB roam the world in search of opponents, but no one could beat him. In ROCH, when Yang Guo killed the Mongolian King, it was in the year 1259 (again history). Rewind to around 16 to 17 years ago which should be 1242/1243, when he stumbled upon the tomb, he estimated that DGQB should died 70 to 80 years ago.

Any lesser years, means greats like HYS and HQG should knew about the existence of DGQB. But not, so we assume YG's estimation is correct. Rewind to 70 to 80 years ago, makes it DGQB died within 1160-1170.

Now since WCY died in 1170, and Dugu died at around 1160. Assuming we can mix history with wuxia, we could say DGQB and WCY co-exists at the same time, with the other greats emerging years later. Maybe we could also say of all the greats, only WCY has probably heard of him and quite possibly seen him.
    ..ext88

The "when did Dugu Qiubai exist" topics are taking over SPCNET

Pardon me for being completely OT, but I wanted to bring to your attention an earlier remark of yours, from the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    At this rate, Ode to Gallantry is going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Don't be so sure. Many a high scorers in previous games have been kick just overnight.
    As you know, I have extended the # of "winners" of each round to 5. Even so, currently the Ode to Gallantry art is scored OUTSIDE of the top 5, believe it or not. Kidd was right. At the time of your remark, OTG art had TWICE as many votes as the next highest kung fu, but the situation has since changed. Just wanted to give you a friendly update.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    As you know, I have extended the # of "winners" of each round to 5. Even so, currently the Ode to Gallantry art is scored OUTSIDE of the top 5, believe it or not. Kidd was right. At the time of your remark, OTG art had TWICE as many votes as the next highest kung fu, but the situation has since changed. Just wanted to give you a friendly update.
    Thanks a lot, PJ. I've been having night shifts lately, so kind of unable to vote during the night. But I think and hope maybe Ode to gallantry martial arts can still squeeze into the TOP 5, it would be boring without it in the next round...Hopefully some SPT fans like me would ensure its survival.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Dugu Qiubai
    DGQB roam the world in search of opponents, but no one could beat him. In ROCH, when Yang Guo killed the Mongolian King, it was in the year 1259 (again history). Rewind to around 16 to 17 years ago which should be 1242/1243, when he stumbled upon the tomb, he estimated that DGQB should died 70 to 80 years ago.

Any lesser years, means greats like HYS and HQG should knew about the existence of DGQB. But not, so we assume YG's estimation is correct. Rewind to 70 to 80 years ago, makes it DGQB died within 1160-1170.
    what I'm saying in the other thread is that YG was quite possibly very wrong in his 70-80 year estimation; its not based on solid evidence

How did my thread ended up here, Ken shifted it here?
    ..ext88