Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    "Where's the waiter...?" Bao Hua had yet to realize that the waiter was one of the people fighting. <Service here just must be slow> Her stomach grumbled... <Agggh... I haven't eaten since yesterday!>
    "Wei? Is there anyone to help?"

By now the rest of the customers had either ran off from the restaurant or taken cover behind the counter. Kong Long Zi noticed a lady seated there calmly and decided she must also be a highly-skilled warrior.

He told Szema Mok, "Wait! I fear my miserable skills are no match for your powerful XL18Z. Perhaps you would like to try the beautiful lady sitting over there." He then pointed towards Bao Hua.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Before I continue, I would like to ask:

1. What dynasty is this?
    2. Is my character supposed to be a major player?

I'm too lazy to wait for a response so I'll just answer my own questions to continue.

1. It's between HSDS and ZAJH, so it's the early Ming Dynasty.
    2. Because I'm in the army, I won't be online much. So my character would at most be a supporting character.

By now the rest of the customers had either ran off from the restaurant or taken cover behind the counter. Kong Long Zi noticed a lady seated there calmly and decided she must also be a highly-skilled warrior.

He told Szema Mok, "Wait! I fear my miserable skills are no match for your powerful XL18Z. Perhaps you would like to try the beautiful lady sitting over there." He then pointed towards Bao Hua.

"What? Fight?" <Ah... but I'm so hungry...> Her stomach rumbled a bit.
    "I'll fight but I am only a novice, so I'm sorry if my skills are not up to par with you." She whipped out her weapons in one hand a fan at her waist was a flute.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    "What? Fight?" <Ah... but I'm so hungry...> Her stomach rumbled a bit.
    "I'll fight but I am only a novice, so I'm sorry if my skills are not up to par with you." She whipped out her weapons in one hand a fan at her waist was a flute.

From the way she held her weapons, Kong Long Zi saw that her martial arts skills were rather out of the common. He wondered out aloud, "Could that be the lost Jade Maiden Skill of the Ancient Tomb? Or is that the unnamed skill in the 9 Yin Manual?"

He then said in a clear voice, "Let me prepare you some excellent food and wine. Highly-skilled masters ought to be treated better." Having said that he strided back into the kitchen.

(As for what happens between Bao Hua and Szema Mok, I'll leave it to Da Bao and TommyH.)

From the way she held her weapons, Kong Long Zi saw that her martial arts skills were rather out of the common. He wondered out aloud, "Could that be the lost Jade Maiden Skill of the Ancient Tomb? Or is that the unnamed skill in the 9 Yin Manual?"

He then said in a clear voice, "Let me prepare you some excellent food and wine. Highly-skilled masters ought to be treated better." Having said that he strided back into the kitchen.

(As for what happens between Bao Hua and Szema Mok, I'll leave it to Da Bao and TommyH.)

((I think Bao Hua's going to lose, compared to Szema Mok's profile she's weaker. If she loses then she's going to either... Follow Szema Mok or go off somewhere to train...))

Bao Hua paused <Food? Okay! I'll just have to fight then I'll have time to eat!>
    She folded her fan and got her flute, each weapon in hand, she took a sword stance as if using the fan and flute as substitutes for swords. <Alright! I have to just fight and I get to eat!>
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Prologue:

A tear fell from the heavens and many more soon follow in its wake. People of the arid desert village lift their heads up in bewilderment as a downpour begin to take shape. The women quickly ended their day by day commerce at the local bazaar and hurried back to their warm and cozies as they drag their children by their soft hands. Many rush to seek for the nearest shelter that they could find from the unforgiving pounding of the storm. Everyone is haunted by the same concern; what brought about this unorthodox weather? A man, buried under a black mantle, strides between the tents. He knows. The angels are crying because they remembered who died on this day.
    The ominous figure continues onward and turns around the street. A little girl holding a ridge basket walks toward him. Minds lost somewhere in time when suddenly, each stop in their tracks.
    The girl waves a wet strand of hair aside as a black crow flies away into the distance. There was a moment of dead silence before she finally moves her lips.
    “I hope it would always rain like this. ”
    “Feels like it’s been raining everyday since you left.”
    She laughs quietly to herself at his never ending passé sweet talk.
    “Stop that. If anybody were to wonder why I left it would be because of your incessant flattery.”
    “I’m not joking. There’s been a wicked storm dangling above my head ever since you were gone... ”
    XueHu sighs as a sign of surrender.
    “Don’t you have a clan to lead, Lang?”
    “The Crimsons disbanded.”
    A murder of crows screech sounds of penitence as lightining flashes. The natives run for cover when two strangers stand unyielding at the hammering of the downpour.
    “What of... ?”
    “He rode his horse along the north winds and now resides in Zĭjīn Shān while formed his own band of mercenaries.”
    She gives a puzzled look.
    “Are you serious? Never thought he would ever leave. He’s the most loyal-”
    “I resigned.”
    A streak of lightning cuts across the air like a knife through a lover’s heart. Grief becomes visible on XueHu’s face.
    “Don’t blame yourself. We all choose our own paths.”
    She looks at him.
    “What of you?”
    He takes hold of her hands which are now as cold as ice with an assured smile.
    “Come with me, XueHu.”
    There was a moment of hesitation.
    “…I can’t.”
    She retrieves something from her basket and gives it to him as quickly as she ran away. All that was left was a jade medallion in his hand.

To Radken: (Wow... That sounds really good, are you turning this into a fanfic? I'm curious to know what happened.)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

To Radken: Huh? Is that the prologue to this game/fan-fic/story? How are the 2 related?

Radken, why are u creating a prologue in the middle of a story? Shouldn't a prologue the beginning of a story?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

It's the prologue to my character's story. Eventually I'll link it with what you guys are writing about. Think of it as an introduction.

By the way, does this restaruant have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    It's the prologue to my character's story. Eventually I'll link it with what you guys are writing about. Think of it as an introduction.

By the way, does this restaruant have a name?

It's going to be tough to link up... Good luck for that.

Let's just give that restaurant a name : Yi Jian Ke Zhan.

He walks into the teahouse and takes a seat at an empty table near the corner of the room. Not a single familiar face was in sight. The day was passing quick and the sun was about to set. In two hours the imperial guards would catch up to to his trail but he didn’t care. The thought of death no longer scares him. He was already dead inside.
    As he sat there, fiddling quietly with his medallion, a scantily clad woman in a lavender silk robe approached his table. She takes a seat in front of him. Her face beaming with childish innocence.
    “Want to play a game, handsome?”
    He glances at the exotic character in front of him.
    “What’s the catch?”
    She smiles.
    “None. I just saw you sitting here and I thought that maybe you could’ve use some company.”
    After a moment of thought he smirks.
    “I suppose. What do you wanna play then?”
    The girl pulls out a stack of fortune sticks from her long sleeve and lays them out skillfully.
    “Whoever is the most fortuitoust wins. You go first.”
    He immediately snatches a stick from the middle of the pile and takes a quick look at it.
    He who possesses the source of enthusiasm will achieve great things. Doubt not. You will gather friends around you as a hair clasp gathers the hair.*
    He then puts it face down in front of him. Taking the signal, she does the same and snatches one from the right. She looks at the stick in her hand and pouts.
    No plain not followed by a slope. No going not followed by a return. He who remains persevering in danger is without blame. Do not complain about this truth. Enjoy the good fortune you still possess.*
    She closes her eyes and begins to rub the stick between her palms.
    He studies her for awhile. An aura of mischief begins to surround this girl.
    She finally opens her eyes and giggles. She shows him her stick.
    “I won.”
    He shakes his head and smirks.
    “Look first before you laugh.”
    She looks at her stick and was surprise to find a different fortune in her instead.
    Perseverance alone does not assure success. No amount of stalking will lead to game in a field that has none.*
    He reveals the emperor stick that was now his.
    “I changed my stick before you were able to switch my stick with yours. I still think you're cute, though.”
    The girl smiled at the fact that he was able to see right through her trick.
    "You've been following me ever since I left the desert a week ago. What do you want?"
    "I need you to retrieve a manual from someone. His name is Kong Long Zi. My servants tell me that he's in a nearby town, two hundred li from here, and has been spoted at Yi Jian Ke Zhan."
    He stares at the other partons and envies of more peaceful times.
    "You want me to kill him."
    Her expression remains unchanged.
    "Yes. If you do this, then I might consider pleading to his royal highness for your leniency."
    He ponders for awhile before slowly standing up and begains to leave.
    "... "
    He glances back at her.
    "Sorry. Why don't you ask for Szema Mok. Who knows, with his repertoire they might even be fighting each other as we speak.
    He turns his head and walks out of the teahouse.
    "You weren't like this five years ago... Why... "

* Quotes from the Book of I-Ching.

Hey guys, this is gettin confusing. I will try to squeeze my character in.
    ..ext88

"Random faceless pugilist" : You talk too much. Fight!!

and proceeds to swing his sabre at Radken

Hehe, here's my character.

Ah Jiang

Male
    Height & Weight: 169cm, 52 kg (he's thin because poor)
    Weapon: a large axe that he his father left (used by farmers)
    Martial Arts: simple wrestling, able to wield an axe.
    Traits: Loyalty towards friends, eliminate all tyrants in Chang Jiang, a bit talkative, nervous when their are girls around.

Some background
    He was born at a village beside the Chang Jiang river, hence both his peasant parents name him Ah Jiang, a simple yet familiar name for them. Ah Jiang lost both his parents when he was only 4 years old. They were killed by the local tyrants whom his parents accidentally offended when they did not pay the protection fee. They did not left any money left for him, he and his uncle both joined the Beggars' Clan. He is a lowly member of the Beggars' Clan at the moment.
    ..ext88

Ah Jiang walks towards the inn. He saw the huge signboard "Yi Jian Ke Zhan", and thought to himself this must be the inn that was famous for its smelly toufu(beancurds). His uncle have been missing for a few days, and before he left he asked Ah Jiang to visit Yi Jian Ke Zhan to taste its famous smelly beancurd. "Uncle and me are beggars. why he gave me all his money, and left? He would go hungry... Maybe there's some secret to this inn?"

He walked, and saw that the inn was quite empty, with only a few souls. He sat on the table, and ponder to himself: "Such a quiet inn, its food must be lousy, if not why so few people?" "Erm, but uncle say here the smelly beancurd is nice and must me to taste it. And, I hardly have the chance to eat some good food. I'm tired of junk food, man." Being without education, he raise his leg on the chair and whine "Erm, is the tian xiao er (waiter) in???"
    ..ext88

OK, it's getting complicated now...

Now we have 3 different sub-stories:
    1. Szema Mok, Bao Hua and Kong Long Zi fighting at Yi Jian Ke Zhan
    2. [Radken]'s character who's trying to steal the manual from Kong Long Zi
    3. Ah Jiang who's trying to solve the case of the disappearing uncle

How in Heaven's name are we going to combine the 3?

Oh yes, there is no hardcopy of the Dugu 9 Swords manual. It's passed down orally.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 03-25-06 at 08:10 AM.

Sorry, if I got a little carried away. It's just that I've been wanting to do a project like this for a long time and this was like a good chance for me to express my writing. If my posts are confusing and nonsensical then ignore it altogether. Although, I really do want to participate with everyone and incorporate their characters as well. It's just that I want get into the game/story my own way first instead of appearing out of nowhere and start engaging everyone in combat for no reason. But if this is bothering other people then I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    Sorry, if I got a little carried away. It's just that I've been wanting to do a project like this for a long time and this was like a good chance for me to express my writing. If my posts are confusing and nonsensical then ignore it altogether. Although, I really do want to participate with everyone and incorporate their characters as well. It's just that I want get into the game/story my own way first instead of appearing out of nowhere and start engaging everyone in combat for no reason. But if this is bothering other people then I'll stop.
    What you're doing is fine but it would be better if you could explain how your part will link up with the rest of the story. So should we leave you alone to develop your part of the story until you are ready to join in? Or what do you suggest we do?

Originally posted by Extremer88

Ah Jiang walks towards the inn. He saw the huge signboard "Yi Jian Ke Zhan", and thought to himself this must be the inn that was famous for its smelly toufu(beancurds). His uncle have been missing for a few days, and before he left he asked Ah Jiang to visit Yi Jian Ke Zhan to taste its famous smelly beancurd. "Uncle and me are beggars. why he gave me all his money, and left? He would go hungry... Maybe there's some secret to this inn?"

He walked, and saw that the inn was quite empty, with only a few souls. He sat on the table, and ponder to himself: "Such a quiet inn, its food must be lousy, if not why so few people?" "Erm, but uncle say here the smelly beancurd is nice and must me to taste it. And, I hardly have the chance to eat some good food. I'm tired of junk food, man." Being without education, he raise his leg on the chair and whine "Erm, is the tian xiao er (waiter) in???"
    (I'm working so i might not be playing often.)

Tired of a long day of travelling, Wang Zhi Min stopped and look at the Inn deciding whether to stay for the night at the about the same time Ah Jiang calls for the waiter.
    Instantly his 9Yang warn him that powerful Martial artists were gathered in the inn.

"Looks like a fight has taken place. I better be on my guard. Master ZWJ says that the Cental Plains are filled with all sorts of people."

"Is there a waiter here? I would like a room for the night."

Outside, the moon seems to be hanging almost upon a thread, as the clouds roll by to consume the moon from visible sight, a smile creeps into Zhi Min's face....