Thread: Magic Sword Of Heaven And Earth - anyone knows this series.

Default Magic Sword Of Heaven And Earth - anyone knows this series.

Im not sure if I saw it or not............and wanted more info about it. I think it came out in 2004.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    Im not sure if I saw it or not............and wanted more info about it. I think it came out in 2004.
    Who's the cast?

From the star of The Story Of Ricky, Terry Fan Siu Wong, comes this spectacular swordplay fantasy epic! The demon Evil King wants to control the mortal world. It is up to a group of righteous fighters, led by Reverend Mu Jan (Fan) and his son (also played by Fan), to defeat Evil King and his powerful, demonic warriors. Filled with special effects, Magic Sword Of Heaven And Earth is a magical, imaginative adventure with a Chinese favor.

Cast: Fan Siu Wong, Mark Cheng Ho Nam, Christine Ng Wing Mei, Helina Tam Siu Wan, Kwok Yiu Ming, Gloria Yip Wan Yi, Eily Chung Chuk Wai, Tho Wing Lim, Leung Ka Yan, Tsui Siu Keung

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/edaymovie_1891_5515452')
    Journey To The West

i have never know this series.
    but i will find info about this for you

Does anyone recognize this series...............10 episodes only....thats odd??
    Journey To The West

Thumbs up

I recently purchased this from Yesasia because I am a Fan Siu Wong supporter -- I think he puts quality performances in everything he does and knows authentic martial arts as well. At this time, I have watch half of the series. What I can say is that the plot and acting are "ok" but not spectacular. The Martial arts is ok but you can easily tell the stunt doubles for the females. The Special Effects are early 90's style -- not the visual cgi masterpieces that you may see in a great series today made after 2000. It has a couple of "old school" faces (Normal Tsiu and lar kan Yeang : sorry for the spelling). I would recommend it if you want to see some olf faces or if you like Fan Siu Wong. I personally like it myself from what I have watched so far. An Angel/Fairy comes to Earth to stop spreading evil but causes more trouble.

Kungfuwuxia thanks for the reply, so is the series only 10 episodes? Are they complete or compressed..........could you elaborate more on the plot and the fighting......is there a lot of wire work?

Thanks
    Journey To The West

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    Kungfuwuxia thanks for the reply, so is the series only 10 episodes? Are they complete or compressed..........could you elaborate more on the plot and the fighting......is there a lot of wire work?

Thanks
    Apparently it is 10 eps, according to yesasia. The following is the link.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004099436/
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Thats why I asked......10 episodes............rather short is there something missing?
    Journey To The West

Sorry to get back so late in responding to this. However, for those who still may want to know, I checked everywhere and could not find if it was cut or just a short mini-series but the picture was pinpoint sharp in quality on the DVD. The subtitles are visually sharp. I cannot comment much more on the plot then I already have because I have basically watched only half of it but is not the greatest acting. The Fighting is ok with some wirework but I have to admit that some fights did look fake and the special effects are mainly the blinding light type punches and all.