Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Chen Zi Han (陈紫函)

A few more:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/SpeckOfSand/My%20Gifs/slice.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/SpeckOfSand/My%20Gifs/rochEps25part3_3_clip0.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/SpeckOfSand/My%20Gifs/rochEps25part3_2_clip0.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/SpeckOfSand/My%20Gifs/rochEps25part3_1_clip0.gif')

(:

Those scenes before and after cutting off Yang Guo's arm show how well she acted the shock and terror Guo Fu felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Those scenes before and after cutting off Yang Guo's arm show how well she acted the shock and terror Guo Fu felt.
    I seriously felt she is the best actress and most beautiful actress in that show. Her Guo Fu is very bright, supposed to be annoying, but her acting makes Guo Fu very likeable. Maybe that's just me, because Guo Fu is not supposed to be likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I seriously felt she is the best actress and most beautiful actress in that show. Her Guo Fu is very bright, supposed to be annoying, but her acting makes Guo Fu very likeable. Maybe that's just me, because Guo Fu is not supposed to be likeable.
    Shouldn't that make her a bad actress then?

No, I agree. She was by far the best actress on the show. Still loathed her character, though.

A minor correction - Chen Zihan and Jessey Meng were IMHO the best actresses on the show.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    Shouldn't that make her a bad actress then?

No, I agree. She was by far the best actress on the show. Still loathed her character, though.
    Actually, no. That doesn't make her a bad actress. Guo Fu IS annoying, but good acting made her character shine. I usually look forward to her parts and her recklessness. This made the character likeable IMO, compared to characters I'd fast-forward.

Certain people are selfish and annoying, but sometimes something in their character just gets to you and you can't help but go out to them.

Did anyone saw this one with her and Sammul Chan? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY5B...eature=related, not sure if its even out yet
    Last edited by IloveMimiLo; 02-18-12 at 11:57 PM.

^ That looks...unfortunately...extremely cheesy. And her styling is not that flattering (although she manages to somewhat pull it off because she's so pretty).

It's a pity, I love Chen Zihan--great acting and is also gorgeous...but she doesn't seem to be in a lot of productions that appeal to me. Although, in the ones I did see, she left a big impression on me--first saw her in "Da Han Tian Zi" and she was one of my favourite characters there (along with Li Ling and Qiu Chan), then I saw her as in ROCH (definitely one of the highlights, and again one of my favourite characters along with Yelu Qi, Guo Xiang, and Gongsun Lu'E), and finally in HSDS (very cute there but she was a bit overshadowed by the more prominent characters, GYY/Alec/Alyssa).

She's another actress that can pull off a wide range of characters extremely convincingly--I was pretty impressed because for the longest time I had a mental image of her as the gentle and kind (but also strong) Princess Pingyang...then she did a complete 180 as the spoilt, bratty, and b*tchy Guo Fu!

There's been a few times when I almost want to give "The Myth" another try because of her (well, and Hu Ge of course...he is a pretty big incentive too ).

I really like Chen Zi Han as well. First saw her in HSDS03, and agree with mango there. She was quite overshadowed in HSDS by the two female leads. Then ROCH06, despite how unlikeable her character was (her acting was good, so that made up for it). Madame White Snake 2006 (starring Liu Tao as well, another actress I enjoy watching onscreen) wasn't that interesting, but I managed to last through it. To date, the only series I haven't pulled through was Gong 2.
    Last of all, it's the Myth. Kinda reminded me of Guo Fu there, even though Lu Su's personality is different from Guo Fu's (GF is just brattiness and rashness, while LS is calculative and jealous). Maybe it's the style? Not sure.

On another note, I don't plan on watching 搜神记. The plot doesn't really attract me, and must I say, the trailer didn't give me second thoughts about not watching this either.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Great to see updated comments here! I'm always really supportive of under-rated actors and actresses, and Chen Zihan is still relatively under-rated.

I was glad to see her get the Yang Ba Mei role in Legendary Amazons, but was disappointed that her role/ scenes were drowned out by the overdose of battle/fight scenes and whatever little scenes there was for character focus had to go to the top billed Cecilia Cheung.

I totally love to watch Jackie Chan-choreographed battle scenes, but a 2-hour movie is too short to develop the Yang Ba Mei character properly.
    I ship Shi-Harem

yes...this girl can act and is beautiful. i guess she never made it big as she has more of the sultry look than the innocent girl next door look. or perhaps lack of connections? wonder what she is up to now.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)