Thread: Where would Ding Pang's curved sabre rank in the BOOK OF WEAPONS?

Default Where would Ding Pang's curved sabre rank in the BOOK OF WEAPONS?

During the time of LITTLE LEE'S FLYING DAGGER, there was a "BOOK OF WEAPONS" that listed Seung Gwoon Gum Hung's razor-edged rings as the second greatest weapon in wulin and Lee Chum Foon's flying dagger as the third greatest weapon. During this time, the "One Night In The Little Pavilion Listening To The Spring Rain" Curved Sabre that Ding Pang would make famous did not exist...or at least was unknown to wulin at large. Ding Pang emerged a few generations after the time of Lee Chum Foon and made the Curved Sabre famous. If a new edition of the BOOK OF WEAPONS were then compiled, where would the Curved Sabre rank?

Wat was 1st in the list?
    TaZzY InC

Sun Bai Fa was first on the list. His weapon was some sort of a smoking stick if I'm not wrong.

Shangguan Jing Hong was second on the list.

Lee Xun Huan (Xiao Lee Fei Dao) was third on the list. LXH uses ordinary short knives though.

Others like Lu Feng Xian and Zhuge Gang are also on the list.
    ..ext88

considering that the otherworldly Ding Peng would probably beat the sh*t out of the combination of all top 10 weapon wielders in SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, I think his weapon would be ranked #1. But that is my opinion
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    considering that the otherworldly Ding Peng would probably beat the sh*t out of the combination of all top 10 weapon wielders in SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, I think his weapon would be ranked #1. But that is my opinion
    True...

Gulong wrote 69 books, i have read 60+, out of the 69 novels there're at least 200 top class fighters in his universe. *Top class here refer to ppl like CLX, LXF etc

I really hate to say this, but Ding Peng is definitely rank AT LEAST Top 20 among the 200... maybe even Top 5.

personally i hate Ding Peng alot, as well as this novel as more than half of the novel is written by another author, Sima Yan. it's only the beginning that Gulong had wrote. Given a rare chance to help Gulong to carry on his novel, Sima Yan has made Ding Peng an azmaging fighter. maybe he just want to make a name for himself by writing Ding Peng into a legend... Personally i don't treat this a Gulong's novel
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Smile

ding pang's sabre skill came from the demon sect. so was fu hongxue. so does this mean that fu hongxue and ding pang use the same skill?

if fu hongxue is the same level as ah fei, then ding pang could be ranked with them.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    ding pang's sabre skill came from the demon sect. so was fu hongxue. so does this mean that fu hongxue and ding pang use the same skill?

if fu hongxue is the same level as ah fei, then ding pang could be ranked with them.
    Ding Pang was quite strong, and I would like to think that he would get least get 2nd or 3rd on the "Book of Weapons" list.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword

No, it's not quite that simple. We don't know for sure if their techniques were similar or not, but Ding Pang's skiiillz come from the top, and it's unlikely the secondary tiers (Heavenly Kings, Princesses, Golden/Silver/Bronze, etc) would be privy to such 'sacred' knowledge. Plus, Ding Pang has a high level of inner power...

The comparison was made between an 18 year old Fu HongXue and a young A Fei. Obviously, the 37 year old Fu HongXue in "Horizon, Full Moon, Sabre", and a middle aged A Fei, are on a much different level than when they were in their youth.

So basically, there are many variables involved.