Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vagabond Vigilante 《游剑江湖》 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 117

Thread: Vagabond Vigilante 《游剑江湖》

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default

    is this movie nice

  2. #62
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    I'm starting this series..... I think the cinematopgraphy and costume is a lot better than TVB. I guess its more China than TVB HK.

    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-25-06 at 02:47 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  3. #63
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    He's hot! Does his character have any relations to Li Qian's character?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiuYiFei
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-25-06 at 02:48 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  4. #64
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Liang Yu Sheng also wrote Romance of the White Hair Maiden right?

    I'm watching Episode 3 right now and I can't believe what happened. Sonjia's character Wan Chi Lo got drugged while out looking for Chen Long's Meng Yuan Siu and he rescued her from that lecherous guy and then slept with her because they had to balance the yinyang? or else she'd die? WTH? I forget....this isn't like Jin Yong's novels. LYS's novels are less conservative I suppose. I don't know. I just didn't expect MYS to sleep with her thats all.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  5. #65
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    What dynasty is this based on? It's definately pre-Qing...my guests are Ming...but could it be Tang?

    TommyH

    Episode 3: This Dynasty is probably Ming because the evil Duke or official and his subordinates talk about a treasure that is not placed in the Imperial palace but outside the palace. They mention its a treasure Tang Tai Zong had people gather or made. So we can assume it is after the Tang Dynasty.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  6. #66
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    TommyH

    Episode 3: This Dynasty is probably Ming because the evil Duke or official and his subordinates talk about a treasure that is not placed in the Imperial palace but outside the palace. They mention its a treasure Tang Tai Zong had people gather or made. So we can assume it is after the Tang Dynasty.

    I think it's still in the Tang dynasty now because it talked a lot about Kau Yeem Hak...and it said Fu Song Sect was made by Kau Yeem Hak a few hundred years ago or something so this series should still be in the Tang or a bit after the Tang dynasty...

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    536

    Default

    It's in Ming dynasty era, it was mentioned that Kau Yeem Hak was the ancestor of Fu Song Sect by Tammy Chen in the show. Kau Yeem Hak was a swordsman during pre-Tang dynasty period & he keen to fight for control of China at that chaotic times. But he met Lee Sai Man & realized this man has far more ambition & ability than himself, hence giving up the opportunity (sort of like KC in TOB). From Tang to Ming dynasty, the time period should be around 450yrs .

  8. #68
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Kau Yim Hak is Chinese right? How come he's a founder of a Fu Song clan/sect that is borderline Japanese style?

    Just finished episode 5 and its getting more interesting....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  9. #69
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Ahahahhaha! I like Kenny Ho's character Cheung Fung, at first I thought his character was kind of psycho but then he's just sentimentally weird. I love the scene where he's drinking wine and sighing about how first Elder Lui, whose the best opponent died and then Meng Yuan Siao died and he's sulking and then the tavern keeper told him that jiang hu is very big, go find a new opponent and so he agrees and goes off. The Tavern keeper tells him to pay off his debts because theres no more space in his tab, but he keeps telling to put it on his tab. Hahahaha...Then he sees Meng Yuan Siao at the Fu Song clan and you can't believe how fast he ran to MYS's side.

    Kenny Ho's character is so funny.

    I'm interested in Lam Mo Seung and her cousin, he seems interested in her too. I wonder when LMS changes her mind and likes MYS.

    AHAHAH....Wan Chi Lo is too late in knowing MYS is still alive. She can go on blaming the cruelty of fate. Oh well. Poor Sunny err Yeung Mok.

    I wanna see Li Qian/Lui Si Mei.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  10. #70
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Oh I change my mind, Lam Mo Seung's cousin doesn't love anyone but the power he can possess. Even that Hong girl who helps him, he only loves the person who will help him be the leader of the Fu Song clan and the treasure left behind by Kau Yim Hak. He's the greedy and selfish guy. I think they did a good job at picking the actor to play him.

    Actually I think this series has a good cast, so far no miscasts.

    Sunny Chan's Yeung Mok may not be evil now but I think he will. Not all villians are evil from the start like Lam Mo Seung's cousin.

    I find the most interesting scenes about the series are the ones that include Meng Yuan Siao and Lam Mo Seung (Lin Wu Shuang). And of course Cheung Fung.

    Sonjia Kwok bore me to tears right about now. Starting episode 11 soon...so far behind with everyone else. Nobody seem to want to talk abou this series anymore...boohoo...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  11. #71
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh
    It's in Ming dynasty era, it was mentioned that Kau Yeem Hak was the ancestor of Fu Song Sect by Tammy Chen in the show. Kau Yeem Hak was a swordsman during pre-Tang dynasty period & he keen to fight for control of China at that chaotic times. But he met Lee Sai Man & realized this man has far more ambition & ability than himself, hence giving up the opportunity (sort of like KC in TOB). From Tang to Ming dynasty, the time period should be around 450yrs .

    The Tang dynasty started in 618 AD by Li Yuen and since Kau Yeem Hak is supposely a mythical hero involved with the Tang dynasty and Lee Sai Man then Kau Yeem Hak should have started Fu Song in the 600's. The Ming dynasty was founded in 1368 by Chu Yuen Cheung. There is a total of 750 years between the start of both dynasties and unless you're suggesting that the name of Kau Yeem Hak is still so well known after seven centuries and that Fu Song could have lived for that long then you're right, this series takes place in the Ming dynasty. But otherwise this series should take place in the Tang dynasty.

  12. #72
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    You're so fast SS! Yes YM is very evil later on. The reason for this is because of Wan Chi Lok's stupid decision to marry him. But I guess it isn't her fault. You'll find out more as you watch on and I don't really want to spoil you.

    Feel free to ask questions.

  13. #73
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    The Tang dynasty started in 618 AD by Li Yuen and since Kau Yeem Hak is supposely a mythical hero involved with the Tang dynasty and Lee Sai Man then Kau Yeem Hak should have started Fu Song in the 600's. The Ming dynasty was founded in 1368 by Chu Yuen Cheung. There is a total of 750 years between the start of both dynasties and unless you're suggesting that the name of Kau Yeem Hak is still so well known after seven centuries and that Fu Song could have lived for that long then you're right, this series takes place in the Ming dynasty. But otherwise this series should take place in the Tang dynasty.

    Why do you keep saying that?

    Even Lam Mo Seung and her cousin said Kau Yim Hak was her ancestor and its already been hundreds of years after. I hardly think its the Tang dynasty. They all talked like Kau Yim Hak's been dead for hundreds of years. Its not like he was dead for like 50 years or so.

    I think you should rewatch the series before arguing. We know Kau Yim Hak's Fu Song sect was established in Japan and since they found out that their roots are tied back in Mainland China...they want to come back and establish their sect there and get back to their roots. I strongly believe this series setting is after Tang Dynasty. First of all, if you pay attention to the women's clothing, its more conservative compared to the Tang dynasty women's clothing.

    Like if you seen Legend of Lady Yang with Anne Heung (thats Tang Dynasty) and then theres Perish in the Name of Love with Charmaine (Ming Dynasty). You can tell from their clothing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  14. #74
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Why do you keep saying that?

    Even Lam Mo Seung and her cousin said Kau Yim Hak was her ancestor and its already been hundreds of years after. I hardly think its the Tang dynasty. They all talked like Kau Yim Hak's been dead for hundreds of years. Its not like he was dead for like 50 years or so.

    I think you should rewatch the series before arguing. We know Kau Yim Hak's Fu Song sect was established in Japan and since they found out that their roots are tied back in Mainland China...they want to come back and establish their sect there and get back to their roots. I strongly believe this series setting is after Tang Dynasty. First of all, if you pay attention to the women's clothing, its more conservative compared to the Tang dynasty women's clothing.

    Like if you seen Legend of Lady Yang with Anne Heung (thats Tang Dynasty) and then theres Perish in the Name of Love with Charmaine (Ming Dynasty). You can tell from their clothing.
    I was just stating my point. This series might not take place in the Tang dynasty but what are the chances that it took place in the Ming? Couldn't it be Song? Hehe!

  15. #75
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I was just stating my point. This series might not take place in the Tang dynasty but what are the chances that it took place in the Ming? Couldn't it be Song? Hehe!
    I just looked at the Chinese Dynasties chart and yeah I think you could be right that it could be in the Song Dynasty. But I remember Lam Mo Seung said from Kau Yim Hak's lifetime and hers (now), its already been about or over 1,000 years. Thats what she told MYS.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  16. #76
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I just looked at the Chinese Dynasties chart and yeah I think you could be right that it could be in the Song Dynasty. But I remember Lam Mo Seung said from Kau Yim Hak's lifetime and hers (now), its already been about or over 1,000 years. Thats what she told MYS.
    She could have exaggerated it...

    If it was over 1000 years then why wasn't there any invading Manchus or Japanese attacks or types of stuff? Let's say Kau Yeem Hak started Fu Song in 630 or something...it's 1630 in the series...aren't the Manchus suppose to be attacking?

    So it probably isn't 1000 years...

  17. #77
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I'm starting this series..... I think the cinematopgraphy and costume is a lot better than TVB. I guess its more China than TVB HK.


    Is it only me or does Sonija's face looks a bit messed up? Someone photoshopped her?

  18. #78
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    She could have exaggerated it...

    If it was over 1000 years then why wasn't there any invading Manchus or Japanese attacks or types of stuff? Let's say Kau Yeem Hak started Fu Song in 630 or something...it's 1630 in the series...aren't the Manchus suppose to be attacking?

    So it probably isn't 1000 years...
    The Ming Dynasty is from 1368-1644 and the Qing Dynasty is from 1644-1911.

    LMS said Kau Yim Hak had plans of ruling China but met Li Sai Man and did not want to cause chaos where the whole country would be at war and unhappiness. So he retreated to Japan and formed the Fu Song sect. The Tang dynasty was around 617-907 AD, so Fu Song sect could be established a few years after 617 A.D. probably not that late as 630 A.D. say about 618 to 620+ A.D.

    Ah...okay I'm going to continue watching....

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Is it only me or does Sonija's face looks a bit messed up? Someone photoshopped her?
    Maybe it's just the angle of the photo. I think this isn't the original poster at the bottom in fine print its a poster somebody made...i think its pretty good...i wish I had skills in photoshop too.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  19. #79
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Gah....I do not like Chi Lo's mother or Yeung Mok's older sister. If its anyone's fault for making YM becoming evil later on is his sister for being too overprotective of her own brother and spliting the couple up.

    Now that Chi Lo lost her baby with MYS, does YM find out soon after that or later on? Does MYS find out that WCL was pregnant with his child?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  20. #80
    TommyH
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Gah....I do not like Chi Lo's mother or Yeung Mok's older sister. If its anyone's fault for making YM becoming evil later on is his sister for being too overprotective of her own brother and spliting the couple up.

    Now that Chi Lo lost her baby with MYS, does YM find out soon after that or later on? Does MYS find out that WCL was pregnant with his child?
    YM finds out quite soon that WCL's dead child was not his son and he got crazy (if I remember correctly). MYS doesn't find out until a bit later.

Similar Threads

  1. 决战江湖 Water moon sword
    By feilong1 in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-15, 09:51 AM
  2. 傲剑江湖 (Yu Bo, Kathy Chow, Ray Lu)
    By bluesky in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-20-15, 05:16 PM
  3. Spirit of the Dragon [龍在江湖]
    By daveMT in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-10, 04:52 PM
  4. Vigilante Force 《智勇新警界》
    By projejkt in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-06-06, 04:57 PM
  5. Vigilante Force
    By neverland in forum Episode Guides
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-05, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •