Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Guo Jing have shot Fa Wang?

It rather seems to me that unless it was just unwritten that GLGS simply blocked the arrow with his bow that GJ could've popped his head.

That said, GLGS was definitely surprised. No doubt had he been ready an arrow wouldn't be able to hurt him bow or not.

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    Huh? Guo Jing fired three separate arrows all in different directions, not one
    Oooh, yeah. Forgot about that. Darn cheapo TV adaptations and lazy comics adaptations artists...

Anyway, there seems to be an unwritten wuxia rule that Greats-level martial artists just *don't* get killed by arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Oooh, yeah. Forgot about that. Darn cheapo TV adaptations and lazy comics adaptations artists...
    LOL, they couldn't afford the other two arrows?

OK Ken, the time has come, no more procrastination . The english translation of ROCH is now complete, you must read it!

I think it is hard to say why GJ didn't kill JLFW with his arrows. In fact, there may be more than one reason. However, it is also possible that

1. GJ want to make Mongol army feel awe and/or in order to stop the fight at that moment. GJ might think that it is better than killing JLFW and make the Mongol army feel angry and start fighting again,

2. it is just that GJ send his arrows based on his instinct without thinking much (just to show his superior) and he don't feel like killing at that moment,

Or,

3. JY may think that his reader might get a good feeling while reading that JLFW feel fear to GJ arrows rather than die too early in the story.

LOL, they couldn't afford the other two arrows?

OK Ken, the time has come, no more procrastination . The english translation of ROCH is now complete, you must read it!
    When the HSDS translation is complete (is it?). I want to do the entire CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Xing
    I think it is hard to say why GJ didn't kill JLFW with his arrows. In fact, there may be more than one reason. However, it is also possible that

1. GJ want to make Mongol army feel awe and/or in order to stop the fight at that moment. GJ might think that it is better than killing JLFW and make the Mongol army feel angry and start fighting again,

2. it is just that GJ send his arrows based on his instinct without thinking much (just to show his superior) and he don't feel like killing at that moment,

Or,

3. JY may think that his reader might get a good feeling while reading that JLFW feel fear to GJ arrows rather than die too early in the story.
    GJ certainly didnt want to kill anyone, he just wanted to avoid a loss of face: "When Guo Jing was in midair, he thought wouldn’t it mean he had lost out in this exchange if he doesn’t reply to this sneak attack by this evil monk?"

When the HSDS translation is complete (is it?). I want to do the entire CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY in one sitting.

LOL, thats going to be a fun couple weeks
    actually, your wish may come true.. I believe zhaomin may have the entire HSDS translated (albeit 1st edition). And LOCH has a whole team working on it as we speak

LOL, thats going to be a fun couple weeks
    actually, your wish may come true.. I believe zhaomin may have the entire HSDS translated (albeit 1st edition). And LOCH has a whole team working on it as we speak
    On the day that the various translators have LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS all complete, I'm going to cut and paste the whole damn thing into one huge Word file and read until my eyes bleed.

tat would be 1 super duper big file!!
    TaZzY InC

On the day that the various translators have LOCH, ROCH, and HSDS all complete, I'm going to cut and paste the whole damn thing into one huge Word file and read until my eyes bleed.
    LOL, a truly heroic deed that would resonate through the ages

Concur

Do do some eye exercises. Don't want you to piss candide off by typing blindly

Anyway, there seems to be an unwritten wuxia rule that Greats-level martial artists just *don't* get killed by arrows.
    The fundamental reason for this is that the greats-level fighters have an ability to intercept projectiles and arrows and redirect it to the persons who shoot it at them, rendering such weapons useless in a one-to-one battle.

Against a normal enemy yes. But against someone who could use internal energy in arrows who's of equal level, it's trickier.

Can you actually transmit your inner energy in an arrow, though?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Can you actually transmit your inner energy in an arrow, though?
    More kinetic energy is released through the arrow if a high-level inner power practitioner shoots it.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    The fundamental reason for this is that the greats-level fighters have an ability to intercept projectiles and arrows and redirect it to the persons who shoot it at them, rendering such weapons useless in a one-to-one battle.
    Although this seems to be one situation where GJ could've whacked Fa Wang