Thread: Battle at Kublai's Base Camp Revisited: Who Rescues Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor?

Default Battle at Kublai's Base Camp Revisited: Who Rescues Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor?

Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor were in great peril as they departed Kublai Khan's base camp near Seung Yeung Fortress. Soon, they were surrounded by the Golden Wheel Monk, Wan Hak Sai, Siu Seung Tze, Lui Mor Singh, and Ma Gwong Jor. Gwok Jing could not hope to defeat so many powerful enemies by himself, and Yeung Gor was not helping him (in fact, Yeung Gor was also trying to kill him at the time, although not directly). Still, Gwok Jing was able to hold his own for a time, and probably could have escaped without injury had Yeung Gor not interfered. As it was, Gwok Jing was seriously wounded, and he and Yeung Gor escaped only via a sudden change of heart by Yeung Gor and the intervention of Fung Mak Fung, the last of East Heretic Wong Yerk See's original students. Fung was hopelessly overmatched and the Mongolian mercenaries (*each* of whom was more powerful than Fung) soon made mincemeat out of him, but his sacrifice had enabled Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor to escape safely.

What if the scenario had played out in these ways, however:

SCENARIO A:

Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor have just left the base camp. They are surrounded by the Mongolian mercenaries which include all of the fighters that participated in the actual ROCH fight, plus Fok Do and Dat Yee Ba as well (total of seven fighters on the Mongol side).

This time, help shows up before the fight even begins, and it's not Fung Mak Fung, but *Wong Yerk See* himself, come to aid his son-in-law and his good younger friend (Yeung Gor).

Question Set 1: How should they divide up the opponents? Naturally, one of the two Greats-level fighters (Gwok Jing and Wong Yerk See) on the heroes' side will keep the Golden Wheel Monk busy while the other whittles down the six comparatively weaker fighters. But who should fight whom? Should Gwok Jing or Wong Yerk See be the one to keep the Golden Wheel Monk busy? And what role will Yeung Gor play? Will any of the fighters on either side die or get seriously injured?

SCENARIO B:

Same as Scenario A, except Wong Yerk See is replaced by Chow Bak Tung. The martial arts of Wong Yerk See and Chow Bak Tung are about on par, but their personalities are very different. Wong Yerk See is a no-nonsense fighter who'll fight wisely and strategically. Chow Bak Tung, as we all know, is unpredictable. He might even temporarily team up with the Mongols just to see how much his "little brother" Gwok Jing can take (although naturally, he'll help Gwok Jing if things get serious). How will this change things?

Question Set 2: Same as Question Set 1, except with Chow Bak Tung in Wong Yerk See's place.

haha interesting

can they do surprise attack at the beginning like in novel?

So HYS takes our Da er ba and GJ takes out the Persian trader. Then I would pick HYS to occupy JLFW and GJ to take on the other 3 (ignoring Ma). The reason being GJ appears to be better at fighting many with his L/R and 7 star formation. HYS should be wiser at fight with his bagua strategic placing (ie play with JLFW) and wait for GJ to make mincemeat outa JLFW, but being arrogant he will probably take JLFW full on by himself. Casualties: many mongolian lackies. HYS proceeds to take out Kublai.

Btw ken, how does YG play a role in this? Is he helpful or not? I can't imagine him trying to play tricks in front of HR's dad. If he's helpful, then I think the best role for him is to occupy Ma, as well as fighting the common soldiers and taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Btw ken, how does YG play a role in this? Is he helpful or not? I can't imagine him trying to play tricks in front of HR's dad. If he's helpful, then I think the best role for him is to occupy Ma, as well as fighting the common soldiers and taunting.
    I'm not sure how the presence of Wong Yerk See would have affected Yeung Gor's decision on which side to fight on. Possibly, it would have not changed anything at all. If he fights on the heroes' side, Yeung Gor could keep at least one of the lesser Mongol warriors occupied (I think he could take Siu Seung Tze or Lui Mor Singh one-on-one, and we know he can dispose of Fok Do and Dat Yee Ba). Less need for his trickery with both Gwok Jing and Wong Yerk See on the scene.

If Yeung Gor fights on the villains' side, however, he'll end up being one more casualty. Gwok Jing wouldn't hurt him, but if Wong Yerk See feels that Yeung Gor has betrayed him, then Yeung Gor could be in for some trouble.

That's why I expect (well rather hoping) that YG won't be so stupid as toying in front of the great HYS.

I still prefer YG staying out of the fight all together, or just mucking around with Ma/soldiers. I dont see him taking on the three hired fighters - they were one level above QZ7 and QZ one level above XLN/YG.

Second scenario has too much variable, but inevitably i see the two greats winning albeit with possibly some internal damage to GJ/ZBT.

In Scenario A, after Gwok Jing has polished off the last of the relatively weaker fighters, will he and his father-in-law gang up on the Golden Wheel Monk? If they do, victory is assured, but I'm not sure they would. Wong Yerk See would be too proud/egotistical to gang up with an ally against an opponent. Gwok Jing, scrupulous to a fault sometimes, would consider it dishonorable. In the end, only one of them might fight the Golden Wheel Monk after all, but who would be better to finish off the monk?