Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Which wuxia characters do you envision your fellow forum posters resembling?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Hmm this is a tough one. I can't think of any nuxia that resembles me. Anyone wanna help?
    Hmm, Wu Liuqi (The Iron Beggar) of DOMD. A good guy, very loyal, has a strong opinion and is crude with words.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Hmm this is a tough one. I can't think of any nuxia that resembles me. Anyone wanna help?
    she gotta be the b*tchest b*tch (there's a compliment in there somewhere). GF seems to fit the bill, but she's not exactly a nuxia and too dim-witted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I'm not as sexy as Wong Yu Yin, however.
    don't you worry. they have all kinds of plastic surgeries these days just for that.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Seriously, when both Ken and Athena disappeared form the forum quite a while ago, I always thought they were YG and XLN, disappearing into recluse, but then Ken came back so.... maybe...

Anyway, Ken does seem a bit like WCY! Well respected, makes good judgements, hardly ever there but everyone keeps talking about him, etc....
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Hmm, Wu Liuqi (The Iron Beggar) of DOMD. A good guy, very loyal, has a strong opinion and is crude with words.
    For all the nice things I've said about you, why would you pick me a hairy old dude? I said it must be a nuxia!

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    she gotta be the b*tchest b*tch (there's a compliment in there somewhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Let's see, Candide: a very knowledgeable member, keeps a relatively high profile, makes his opinions known, has a good sense of humor, and doesn't give a sh*t about being crude with words. Now who in wuxia has all of these fine attributes?
    Hmm I now think that Zhao Min fits the bill perfectly. Biatchy, foul-mouthed, always hitting it on the head, cute and pretty. What do you reckon, sexy?

From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta*...I mean Zhao Min.

*A candy for those who know that reference.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Seriously, when both Ken and Athena disappeared form the forum quite a while ago, I always thought they were YG and XLN, disappearing into recluse, but then Ken came back so.... maybe...

Anyway, Ken does seem a bit like WCY! Well respected, makes good judgements, hardly ever there but everyone keeps talking about him, etc....
    Athena visits the translation thread fairly often now even while she's on holidays! She's my ROCH 'go to' expert in the final corrections phase of the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Athena - Tianshan Tonglao

Keeper of Lingjiu Gong, big martial arts sage. Let's say that TSTL had a personality change, no longer goes around tyrannizing the area

I agree with this 100%. I have the utter most respect for Tonglao, but if I was one of her subbordinates, I would be petrified to death of her.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis

But I'm here all the time; I practically live here.

I see myself as more of a Luk Siu Fung figure (minus the moustache and the "chick magnet" mojo). I get myself into the middle of everything and when I get in over my head, I have powerful friends to bail me out.

Hmm I now think that Zhao Min fits the bill perfectly. Biatchy, foul-mouthed, always hitting it on the head, cute and pretty. What do you reckon, sexy?
    damn, you sure have a high opinion of yourself.

It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta*...I mean Zhao Min.

*A candy for those who know that reference.
    “Always look on the bright side of life.” [whistling]

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Da Bao! What ever are you thinking???
    rayon will roll on the floor laughing her head off!
    IcyFox may get a hernia from laughing. Bangs and Fox-s... I don't want to think about!
    Sorry! But you really do! yoy're smart and witty-ish which is why you remind me of Huang Rong... Well... It was mostly me going through a list of people's username and seeing which wuxia character's names pops up.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Candide......Maybe more like Ren Woxing. He is loud, rude and can curse. But he is also knowledgeable, keeps a relatively high profile, makes his opinions known, has a good sense of humour.
    Personally, I feel that Candide has Ren Woxing written all over him.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Ren Woxing for Candide? That's high praise! I was thinking more of Bao Butong
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 04-04-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Sorry! But you really do! yoy're smart and witty-ish which is why you remind me of Huang Rong... Well... It was mostly me going through a list of people's username and seeing which wuxia character's names pops up.
    It's OK, I forgive you.

FYI, I have participated in 2 "answer some questions and you will see which wuxia character you resemble" type games. One result said I resembled priest Wuchen, while the other one said I was like Fan Yao.

Anyone got the links to these games?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I have only tried a game where u put in your birthdate and it tells u which wuxia character u resembles. I get Wang Yu Yan.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I have only tried a game where u put in your birthdate and it tells u which wuxia character u resembles. I get Wang Yu Yan.
    This is quite interesting.

Well, the 2 that I got: I think Wuchen is missing a limb, while Fan Yao destroyed his face. Dear God, please don't let me end up like either of these men!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Well, the 2 that I got: I think Wuchen is missing a limb, while Fan Yao destroyed his face. Dear God, please don't let me end up like either of these men!
    Think positively, Fan Yao was handsome (before destroying his own face), quite smart with good & knowledgable in martial art. Plus, he has a high rank in Ming clan too.

being a one-armed swordsman is pretty cool though..

Here's the game I mentioned: http://www.54niuniu.com/other/happy015.html
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩