Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: New Series: Da Ren Wu/大人物-Nicholas Tse, Liu Tao

I like to think that this series went wrong because the casting of Si Si went to Angelica Lee. Alas, that IS part of the problem, but it is one of very many which includes the plot, the confusion, and the utter lapses of missing information from one episode to the next.

So, basically, I watched it for Liu Tao’s sake, even though I hate to do something like this: watch a series just because I adore one of the actors/actresses in it. But isn’t that what we ALL do? Anyway, while I thought she would have shined more if she were Si Si instead, I liked her Ah Chu character despite her dubber’s horrible voice. The dubber either sounded like she had a frog stuck in her throat or she was actually a man trying to disguise his voice as a woman’s. Terrible. She was the only thing that kept this series going for me—that and the theme song. The ending couldn’t have been more crappier for her. Yes, she ends up with the guy, but only in those last three minutes where he pops up on the pavement and they smile? Couldn’t the screen writer or producer have been more creative to Ah Chu?

Quote Originally Posted by Creme de la top View Post
    I like to think that this series went wrong because the casting of Si Si went to Angelica Lee. Alas, that IS part of the problem, but it is one of very many which includes the plot, the confusion, and the utter lapses of missing information from one episode to the next.

So, basically, I watched it for Liu Tao’s sake, even though I hate to do something like this: watch a series just because I adore one of the actors/actresses in it. But isn’t that what we ALL do? Anyway, while I thought she would have shined more if she were Si Si instead, I liked her Ah Chu character despite her dubber’s horrible voice. The dubber either sounded like she had a frog stuck in her throat or she was actually a man trying to disguise his voice as a woman’s. Terrible. She was the only thing that kept this series going for me—that and the theme song. The ending couldn’t have been more crappier for her. Yes, she ends up with the guy, but only in those last three minutes where he pops up on the pavement and they smile? Couldn’t the screen writer or producer have been more creative to Ah Chu?
    Ah, just like you, I'm watching this for Liu Tao's sake also. It seemed like her parts are the most interesting thing that's going for this series. I'm 10 episodes before the ending, and I really don't have the desire to continue...the only motivation going for me is to see Liu Tao's ending w/ the drunk guy. This story is so messed up and incomprehensible...the plot's flow is so messy. (Oh wait, what plot?)

So...they don't show up again and have their conclusion until the last episode?
    Last edited by Sparkly_Chic; 07-20-08 at 05:01 AM.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeButterfly View Post
    kind of disappointed with this story, i dont like the idea about the fake yang fan and switching face doesnt make sense!
    I'm watching this with English hardsub from Jiang Hu (THANKS GUYS) via bittorrent, and I completely agree. In the midst of what is, for me, shaping up to be a rather good show, the substitute business feels contrived.

Maybe it's because I've already seen this plot twist in Ling Jing Chuan Qi -- the whole business about the real vs. substitute Tian Xue was confusing and seemed like it was added in at the last minute. I wouldn't say it ruined the ending, but it sort of diffused it. If this is a common plot element in wuxia fantasies, there has to be some way of doing it where it doesn't just muddle things up.

Me too...I'm only like to watch the parts that have Liu Tao on it...

yeah! I totally agree with that...Liu Tao n Nicholas Tse mathed to together...I wanted Liu Tao to be a main character...

i think i'm the only one in here who like anglica as Si si well i hope not she had good chemistry with nicholas tse, although i agree the storyline was not that good, "the face off thing"

I admit the story sucks really bad. But after I saw this series. I went ahead and watched the Hollywood film Face-Off with Nicolas Cage. It is such a funny thing both actors has Nicholas as their name.

yea ur rite, AL as SiSi was a disappointment. whenever she talks, her horrible teeth keep distracting me. gee she shld go to d dentist & hve her teeth straighten/whiten...1st time see a actress with bad teeth