Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rainie yang

most of her series (idol ones especially) just happen to have extremely cheesy (bad) scripts.

but, i am rather curious to see her role as a lesbian. perhaps her acting has improved?

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    most of her series (idol ones especially) just happen to have extremely cheesy (bad) scripts.

but, i am rather curious to see her role as a lesbian. perhaps her acting has improved?
    maybe, but fat chances though.. haven't watched it myself.. but from what i gathered so far, all the praises were for isabella leung..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

that's because most idol series are extemely cheesy..especially after Meteor Garden..a whole line of taiwanese series are so lame.. i feel like they are especially made for 14 years old... "smiling pasta" was the worst.. i dont even why people consider it good..

Rainie is not much better than recent rising stars but she's adorable.. Among all the new ones, i like her the best and ANgela.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    that's because most idol series are extemely cheesy..especially after Meteor Garden..a whole line of taiwanese series are so lame.. i feel like they are especially made for 14 years old... "smiling pasta" was the worst.. i dont even why people consider it good..

Rainie is not much better than recent rising stars but she's adorable.. Among all the new ones, i like her the best and ANgela.
    answer is simple - personal preference.. like I like smiling pasta a lot, prolly one of the best I've seen actually.. i guess it's good to see new combinations rather than the same people again and again.. I like meteor garden though ^^.. but DBY was boring..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

"Green Forest, My Home" was by far one of the best taiwanese idol series
    i like Rainie's hosting, her acting is okay, like any normal actresses in Taiwan these days
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    "Green Forest, My Home" was by far one of the best taiwanese idol series
    i like Rainie's hosting, her acting is okay, like any normal actresses in Taiwan these days
    yea i forgot that one.. it was great.. though the 2 main actors are really hot but Leon Jay williams cannot act to save his career.. he is extemely handsome..but as far as know it was not a big hit like "DBY"

Chesnut ..yes it's personal preference.. the fact that i couldn't stand Cindy wang made it even worse..NIcholas was ok.. but overall everyone acting is over-exagerrated esp. Cindi.. the minor characters like cool chick and Nick's brother(if i remember correctly) though they had small parts.. i enjoy their moments on screen.. seems like they didn't force their acting too much..
    I just felt like i was watching a mini live version of a cartoon or something..everyone was acting extremely perky..which was annoying.. and freeze moments between scenes when their eyes met..oh gosh... can it be any more girly!..i think the only thing i enjoy was the song that NIcholas sang, which i still have in my ipod. Great voice.

the old days taiwanese series were full of storyline that breaks your heart.. their acting was so real that you can feel their pain.. these new gen. are too bubble gum pop.. i hope it gets over this period soon...

yea i forgot that one.. it was great.. though the 2 main actors are really hot but Leon Jay williams cannot act to save his career.. he is extemely handsome..but as far as know it was not a big hit like "DBY"
    Leon is very hot and handsome, but i do have to agree that the acting wasn't the best. still, the scenes with Sophie brightened things up. he was extremely attractive in there. overall, I really liked the plotline and the comedy

DBY?

Green Forest, My Home was one of the top most viewed series this year, along with My Lucky Star
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

the series was released two years ago, wasn't it?

between the two men of green forest, the violinist was definitely better. actually, i had wished sophie paired off with him instead. btw, did anyone else find it odd how they named the characters in the series..first name then last?

the old days taiwanese series were full of storyline that breaks your heart.. their acting was so real that you can feel their pain.. these new gen. are too bubble gum pop.. i hope it gets over this period soon...
    it was more melodramatic back then (which were annoying after a while). but, i agree, the new generation sometimes just feels like "anime" but live version...which to a certain point, it is i suppose.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 10-02-07 at 12:11 AM.

the series was released two years ago, wasn't it?

between the two men of green forest, the violinist was definitely better. actually, i had wished sophie paired off with him instead. btw, did anyone else find it odd how they named the characters in the series..first name then last?

it was more melodramatic back then (which were annoying after a while). but, i agree, the new generation sometimes just feels like "anime" but live version...which to a certain point, it is i suppose.
    i agree with you that that period has too many sad series and it seems that's all taiwanese were about..i stopped watching forawhile and watch mostly tvb series bc it seems happier and funnier..

i quess 2000 is all about idol series.. which is too cheesy for me.i quess it's more focus on the teens group...so now i am missing the melodramatic dramas.. the actors and actresses back then were so beautiful..they are classic beauties..aaaaaaaah..the old days..

i agree with you that that period has too many sad series and it seems that's all taiwanese were about..i stopped watching forawhile and watch mostly tvb series bc it seems happier and funnier..

i quess 2000 is all about idol series.. which is too cheesy for me.i quess it's more focus on the teens group...so now i am missing the melodramatic dramas.. the actors and actresses back then were so beautiful..they are classic beauties..aaaaaaaah..the old days..
    back then any single episode can make me balling my eyes out.. their just too sad... lol.. it's good to have a balance between comedy and drama..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Everything seems more "anime" now probably because most of the Taiwan series are BASED on manga's

btw, her new "jelly fish" haircut blows
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Everything seems more "anime" now probably because most of the Taiwan series are BASED on manga's

btw, her new "jelly fish" haircut blows
    it's kind of bad..but i think she's the only one that can pull that off..lolz she should get rid of the bangs.. i really wants to see her without the bangs covering her face...

yea i quess i'm getting old Chestnut .. i would love those Anime series if i were in my HS years... now i just dont relate to it anymore.. i yearn to see things that are more realistic..

i still enjoy idol series these days, something most people like me would watch all the time
    although some of them are really bad (Tokyo Juliet for example)
    ISWAK wasn't bad though
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

I've run out of series that I like... and they don't seem to be making any good ones these days.

rainie is cute but i don't like her in spider lilies..

this girl is so ****ing irritating
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.