Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have wuxia abilities in your dreams?

Default Do you have wuxia abilities in your dreams?

I do. It is interesting how over the years I have developed these skills. It all started when I was 10 yrs old. I dreamed I was trapped in school and there is a tall fence that blocked me in. I couldnt climb it and had no way to get under it. So it was this moment I learned to levitate over the fence. It took me a few hrs to do it, at least it felt like a few hrs. From this moment on, I gradually develop my skills.

I had another dream where a monster was chasing me through a corridor. I had no way to escape. I usually would try to leap away but in this situation I couldnt. So I had to turn around and face the monster. I did and I summon my chi and was able to launch a palm strike that viporize it. This skill was develop when I was at the age of 19.

Without going thru every dream where I showcase my abilities.. I will jump to what level I am today. It was just this morning when I awoke and realize I have reach the level of a Great. In this dream, I was in love with a girl. I wanted to see her bad. And I heard she was somewhere across the bay. So I quickly leap and use my lightness kungfu and run on air the rest of the way across the bay without touching water. I also ran up the wall of a tall building with ease as well. In the past, I would have to devote alot of energy and focus on these feat and sometimes I would not move so swiftly and had trouble getting heights. But this morning, I could do it without much thought. Also my chi is profound. I can launch a strike that would shatter buildings or perhaps even mountains. I have killed so many villians in my nightmares that I no longer have them anymore. It's been several years since my last nightmare. Going back to that dream, I found her finally and she was in tears over her boyfriend. I comforted her and warn the boyfriend to treat her well. The boyfriend agreed to do so and I left them afterwards.

Btw, I rarely have these types of dreams but I remember them vividly when I do. I just thought I share them as I wonder if anyone else has wuxia abilities in their dreams.

I had a dream where I was running from people and and had to jump over walls or fences in the course of escaping. I wasn't able to pull off the lightness kungfu every time, though. Maybe if I had started on wuxia at that time I could have turned around and used a palm strike

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    I had a dream where I was running from people and and had to jump over walls or fences in the course of escaping. I wasn't able to pull off the lightness kungfu every time, though. Maybe if I had started on wuxia at that time I could have turned around and used a palm strike

Sounds like you are at the beginning stage. It was exactly like that for me when I started doing it in my dreams. I couldnt pull it off that well but over many many years now, I finally can do it with ease.

Yea, next time try doing chi palm strikes. I know many people dont have control over their dreams, but you can kinda put that thought in your subconscious mind and eventually you will try it in your dreams.

I find it fanscinating that what has occur in my dreams mimic that of wuxia stories. It has actually took me 20 yrs to become at a Great level.

One thing I find odd is I never use a sword, mainly become my dreams takes place in real life settings so swords are not available.

You know, now that I dont have nightmares anymore and there are no villains to fight, I wish to dream where I can fight one of the Greats in Condor Heroes. That would be awesome.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I had a dream but I don't consider it wuxia. I was trapped in this abandoned house or something and this fat lady was holding a butcher knife and was coming my way...

I was running away but I fell or something. I somehow killed her...must have been my lightness kungfu...I must have stolen the butcher knife from her and slashed her to pieces.

I dream about being in a wuxia world a lot... I really love those dreams... I had much power, but it developed slowly. The first dream, then the next dream... It's like a repeating dream and it's so much fun to wait for the next adventure!

My abilities rivaled that of Huang Rong. I went through the RoCH chapters. The only difference would be that I added myself in there. I'd be there to comfort the characters and be Xiao Long Nu's friend. I was with her when she left the tomb to look for Yang Guo. Then when she found him again I'd leave to go visit with Cheng Ying. I really loved having those dreams. I remember talking to them and knowing about their pasts and ftures, I'd always give everyone this little hint of what was going to happen and try to give the characters advice to help them lessen some sort of painful blow that was headed for them. I remember in one of the dreams I stalked Yang Guo and company when they were going to Loveless Valley. I went away and made friends wiith GSLE posing as her maid and advising her to not fall in love with Yang Guo....
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    I dream about being in a wuxia world a lot... I really love those dreams... I had much power, but it developed slowly. The first dream, then the next dream... It's like a repeating dream and it's so much fun to wait for the next adventure!

My abilities rivaled that of Huang Rong. I went through the RoCH chapters. The only difference would be that I added myself in there. I'd be there to comfort the characters and be Xiao Long Nu's friend. I was with her when she left the tomb to look for Yang Guo. Then when she found him again I'd leave to go visit with Cheng Ying. I really loved having those dreams. I remember talking to them and knowing about their pasts and ftures, I'd always give everyone this little hint of what was going to happen and try to give the characters advice to help them lessen some sort of painful blow that was headed for them. I remember in one of the dreams I stalked Yang Guo and company when they were going to Loveless Valley. I went away and made friends wiith GSLE posing as her maid and advising her to not fall in love with Yang Guo....

Those are great dreams. Too bad I don't have those. I would have took matters in my own hands and totally change the outcome of those stories. I would have killed all those villains myself and push back the mongols for good.

So what abilities did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I had a dream but I don't consider it wuxia. I was trapped in this abandoned house or something and this fat lady was holding a butcher knife and was coming my way...

I was running away but I fell or something. I somehow killed her...must have been my lightness kungfu...I must have stolen the butcher knife from her and slashed her to pieces.
    Oh what happen was I was there hidden and I saw her coming at you. After you fell, I place my hand on your shoulder and she tried to chop you to pieces but the force I generated throughout your body repell the butcher knife and flew back and ironically chop her to bits.

You are welcome! hehe

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Oh what happen was I was there hidden and I saw her coming at you. After you fell, I place my hand on your shoulder and she tried to chop you to pieces but the force I generated throughout your body repell the butcher knife and flew back and ironically chop her to bits.

You are welcome! hehe

Ohh and I thought it was me who killed her. Thank you for saving me!

Now I'm imagining me as someone who has wuxia abilities in real life. I'd be able to send palm energys from the back of my classroom towards the teacher (who is not facing me). haha! my energy would make everything collapse on her!

This is a fun topic.

I have wuxia dreams all the time. Unfortunately I can barely remember them. They're very vividly etched in my mind when I first wake up but they start to fade within minutes. After ten minutes or so I have difficulty holding on to the images.

All I know is the difficulty of the fights and situations I get myself into in dreams is proportional to the level of stress I'm under in my waking hours. The more stressed I am, the tougher the situation I'm confronted with. It doesn't always have to be a fight too. Sometimes I'm faced with a major dilemma akin to what wuxia heroes face.

You know, now that I dont have nightmares anymore and there are no villains to fight, I wish to dream where I can fight one of the Greats in Condor Heroes. That would be awesome.
    Sounds like you've become a Dugu Qiubai in your dreams. No more opponents and desperate to find a worthy opponent.

haha, i fight alot in my dreams, and usually win, but they're more like bar brawls... really messy realistic fights to the death... and i can never see anything clearly for some reason...

my skillls in real life far exceed my dream skills so i guess i've got the opposite thing going

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    This is a fun topic.

I have wuxia dreams all the time. Unfortunately I can barely remember them. They're very vividly etched in my mind when I first wake up but they start to fade within minutes. After ten minutes or so I have difficulty holding on to the images.

All I know is the difficulty of the fights and situations I get myself into in dreams is proportional to the level of stress I'm under in my waking hours. The more stressed I am, the tougher the situation I'm confronted with. It doesn't always have to be a fight too. Sometimes I'm faced with a major dilemma akin to what wuxia heroes face.

Sounds like you've become a Dugu Qiubai in your dreams. No more opponents and desperate to find a worthy opponent.
    I never thought it that way... I might be able to relate to Dugu. The way I feel is I spent almost all my life developing my skills in dreams and yet when I reach a state of total power, there is no one to compete with me so I feel a bit unsatisfy. Like all my effort has been wasted. hmm... maybe that is how Dugu felt.

But I must point out I wasn't undefeated. I have lost before but only to relive those nightmares again until I had enough skills to beat them. My hardest fights were against Ghosts and Demons. I had no idea how to beat them at first. Until I learn how to use energy flow and the mind to beat them. And of course the easiest opponents I had in my dreams were street thugs and criminals who try and kill me with a knife. They had no idea who they were up against.

Maybe I need to watch more wuxia and perhaps I will get the pleasure of facing wuxia opponents. So you are very lucky to have wuxia dreams all the time :P

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    haha, i fight alot in my dreams, and usually win, but they're more like bar brawls... really messy realistic fights to the death... and i can never see anything clearly for some reason...

my skillls in real life far exceed my dream skills so i guess i've got the opposite thing going
    That is interesting.. You are less powerful in your dreams. I wonder what implications can we draw from this. There are people who like to read into dreams, I wonder what it means.

oh yes i have these dreams...so many that i actually lost count. i'm always powerful and great in martial arts or lightness of martial arts, sometimes i can shot just as good as chow yun fat in the killer.

most of my dreams, i would use my lightness of martial arts and fight with people just as good and powerful but somehow i always feel i can win them. i fly, jumped, spin, kick, punch - yet it's all wuxia style, except for the gun show. i can fight a huge group of people and win. sometimes i would feel like someone in my dream is just a little more powerful than i, or that they and i are a match. like if i watch swordsman or something like that, i would dream that i'm watching that movie yet i'm also the character with those abilities. just awesome!

and the best thing is, i've starred in dreams ranging from jimmy lin to donnie yen (he's cool!) to andy and tony!

i do love these dreams as i have great power and am strong with my lightness of martial art. fighting in there is really a treat!
    ---------
    Shellie

i dreamt that i am zwj with zm, xz and zzr. i dreamt that i am dy with mu wanqing. i dreamt that i am xz with xixia princess on the ice bed. anyway, it's only dreams.

That is interesting.. You are less powerful in your dreams. I wonder what implications can we draw from this. There are people who like to read into dreams, I wonder what it means.
    it is interesting... maybe its cause i'm a wushu athlete in real life.. maybe if you dont practice in real life, you dream about possessing some skills, i really dont know. My dreams are more like knowing that i have some skills but not being able to access them. Does anyone who practices martial arts have wuxia dreams?

I dreamed i was fighting against Sweeper...he tapped me and I woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    it is interesting... maybe its cause i'm a wushu athlete in real life.. maybe if you dont practice in real life, you dream about possessing some skills, i really dont know. My dreams are more like knowing that i have some skills but not being able to access them. Does anyone who practices martial arts have wuxia dreams?
    Do you accept students?
    ..ext88

I dream that Im DFBB. Its called a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    I dream that Im DFBB. Its called a nightmare...
    How does it feel liked being DFBB? Anything wrong with your movements?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    How does it feel liked being DFBB? Anything wrong with your movements?
    It strange, I feel that Im missing something...wonder what it could be...