Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rondo

hey! this guy was in Gokusen2 too rite?

Angry DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT CHOI JI WOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    I think I should add a review to help those who hasn't seen the show.

Title : Rondo
    Plot : A deep-undercover detective posing as a yakuza from an organization callled Senku unknowingly befriends a hacker intent on destroying Japan.

Major Charactors :

Kayanama Takumi(Takenouchi Yutaka) : A jainichi(Resident Korean in Japan) detective deeply embedded into the yazuka Senku to avenge the death of his father who was killed by Senku 24 years ago.

Sakura Ai(Choi Ji Woo) : A Senku hacker developing a program to destroy all of Japan's financial database. She poses as some innocent Korean girl with a sick little sister as a working cover.

Mr. Song(Hashizume Isao) : No. 2 of Senku and adopted father of Sakura sisters after murdering their parents. His hatred for Japan is the reason Ai is developing a super destructive program for Mr. Song.

Choi Yun Hee(Yi Jung Yun) : Ai's little sister. Unlike Ai, she is not aware that she is really Japanese, as Ai agreed to keep this secret with Mr. Song to protect her. The standard kawaii little sister character in Japanese dramas.

Kim Yong Jae(Shin Hyun Jun) : An undercover detective who came to Japan on the trail of superhacker Sakura Ai. He poses as an gambling boss within Senku.

Positives :

- The pace is fast and good.
    - Feels like watching a long movie.
    - A well written plot.
    - Acting by Takenouchi Yutaka is superb.

Negatives :

- No romantic tension. People used to Korean style romantic tensions will be dissapointed.
    - Too much politics in the series. The last episode is essentially a lecture about what's wrong with modern Japan of today and presents "a new direction" for Japan.
    - Choi Ji Woo's Japanese is horrible. Heck, she can't even pronounce Korean properly(There is a Choi Ji Woo joke series in Korea mocking her poor pronounciation).
    CHOI JI WOO'S JAPANESE IS GOOD! DON'T SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT HER!!!
    IT IS THE DIRECTER'S FAULT OR SOMETHING!!!

<3ChoiJiWoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Someone might be a tad bit biased.

This series is definitely on my "to watch" list.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS.. =X

i liked this series especially how they pulled japenese into korean and mixed it a little. yutaka was hotttt hott hottt. what killed me was that she was bad in the end. that killed the series for me cuz it was so cliche. mann, that guy is so tastyyy.. heheeheh
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook