Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rondo

Default Rondo

Anyone know this Korean drama "Rondo", Starring by Takenouchi Yutakanouchi , Choi Jin Woo , Lee Jung Hyun , Shen Xian Jun.

Rondo is not a Korean drama; it is a 100% Japanese drama with Choi Ji Woo casted in. Choi Ji Woo's character is not Korean, but a Japanese pretending to be Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Rondo is not a Korean drama; it is a 100% Japanese drama with Choi Ji Woo casted in. Choi Ji Woo's character is not Korean, but a Japanese pretending to be Korean.
    Yes, it's not a Korean Drama and it also stares in Shina from Beautiful Days ... I forgot her name.... .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Default now and forever

apparently its a movie too ( iwas hoping to be a k-drama) but its another meoldrama (of which CJW are brill at)..

Default RONDO

As I am also a fan of this very notable & rugged Japanese actor.
    Good pairing with my fav. actress (at last) !
    Ha...Ha.. interesting movie.

Choi will act in Korean first and gradually switch to Japanese, and that her character & efforts to overcome the language barrier would be interesting to watch. She speaks Korean thruout this drama. Aired in Japan -Jan 2006.
    This drama was filmed in Nov2005 (took 4 months in Japan). Choi and Takenouchi will portray love that transcends national boundaries.So this drama aims to appeal not only to hallyu fans but young viewers from both Korea and Japan by presenting them with a unique story different from typical hallyu dramas. It will also send a message of friendship between the two countries.

this is more onto a Japanese drama...my fave cutie Japanese actor is in it!

Mokomichi Hayami!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/angel_2122/moko/mh4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/angel_2122/moko/mh5.jpg')

Question Anyone Seen Rondo??

Hi there Has anyone seen the Japanese series "Rondo" with Choi Ji-Woo? I love her, but I'm not sure if this one is worth the money.

I'm wondering, is it more action than romance? I'm a sucker for good romance.

And, I'm a little burnt out on sad endings, so I was wondering if it is a happy ending for the lead characters?

Thanks!
    choirgirl

I'm wondering, is it more action than romance? I'm a sucker for good romance.
    Neither. Not really an action drama nor is it strong on romance. Typical Japanese dramas are weak on romance, you know.

And, I'm a little burnt out on sad endings, so I was wondering if it is a happy ending for the lead characters?
    A happy ending since the dude is waiting for the girl walking out of prison.

I think I should add a review to help those who hasn't seen the show.

Title : Rondo
    Plot : A deep-undercover detective posing as a yakuza from an organization callled Senku unknowingly befriends a hacker intent on destroying Japan.

Major Charactors :

Kayanama Takumi(Takenouchi Yutaka) : A jainichi(Resident Korean in Japan) detective deeply embedded into the yazuka Senku to avenge the death of his father who was killed by Senku 24 years ago.

Sakura Ai(Choi Ji Woo) : A Senku hacker developing a program to destroy all of Japan's financial database. She poses as some innocent Korean girl with a sick little sister as a working cover.

Mr. Song(Hashizume Isao) : No. 2 of Senku and adopted father of Sakura sisters after murdering their parents. His hatred for Japan is the reason Ai is developing a super destructive program for Mr. Song.

Choi Yun Hee(Yi Jung Yun) : Ai's little sister. Unlike Ai, she is not aware that she is really Japanese, as Ai agreed to keep this secret with Mr. Song to protect her. The standard kawaii little sister character in Japanese dramas.

Kim Yong Jae(Shin Hyun Jun) : An undercover detective who came to Japan on the trail of superhacker Sakura Ai. He poses as an gambling boss within Senku.

Positives :

- The pace is fast and good.
    - Feels like watching a long movie.
    - A well written plot.
    - Acting by Takenouchi Yutaka is superb.

Negatives :

- No romantic tension. People used to Korean style romantic tensions will be dissapointed.
    - Too much politics in the series. The last episode is essentially a lecture about what's wrong with modern Japan of today and presents "a new direction" for Japan.
    - Choi Ji Woo's Japanese is horrible. Heck, she can't even pronounce Korean properly(There is a Choi Ji Woo joke series in Korea mocking her poor pronounciation).

I agree on Takenouchi Yutaka's acting is amazing.

Good thing I watched it for him and the plot than waiting for the romance that was rather bland LOL.

Rondo will be shown on Starhub's Ch56 from next Tuesday, 17 Oct at 11pm.

I wonder how exciting it can be watching Choi Ji Woo and Yutaka communicate via an interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Neither. Not really an action drama nor is it strong on romance. Typical Japanese dramas are weak on romance, you know.

A happy ending since the dude is waiting for the girl walking out of prison.

Jade,

I never realised that Jap serials are weak on romance....are they really?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Jade,

I never realised that Jap serials are weak on romance....are they really?
    Yes that is true if we talk about the recent seasons of Japanese dramas. They're generally rather wishy-washy in that aspect that it comes across as platonic or even business-like rather than romantic. Sometimes, as the viewer, it's a challenge to imagine that what you see before you are a couple falling in love with each other. You can't feel the romantic attraction or the tension that should normally be exuded. The best example must be last season's Hanayome wa Yakudoshi (My Bride is in Her Critical Year) and the previous season's Oishii Puropozu (Delicious Proposal). Both were terribly lukewarm and would have turned me off if not for Ryoko Shinohara in Hanayome wa Yakudoshi. I gave up on Oishii Puropozu's older woman-yonger man romance that was no where as appealing as My Name is Kim Sam Soon.

I think it's something that started out since the turn of the century (after 2001 or so). I can barely remember Japanese dramas having as romantic a story as those you see in all the popular Korean dramas or a story which shows the female or male lead pursuing love relentlessly. Love Revolution is one of the few in this century to make the mark.

I wonder how exciting it can be watching Choi Ji Woo and Yutaka communicate via an interpreter.
    They don't. Yukata's character is a Jainichi and he understands Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Yes that is true if we talk about the recent seasons of Japanese dramas. They're generally rather wishy-washy in that aspect that it comes across as platonic or even business-like rather than romantic. Sometimes, as the viewer, it's a challenge to imagine that what you see before you are a couple falling in love with each other. You can't feel the romantic attraction or the tension that should normally be exuded. The best example must be last season's Hanayome wa Yakudoshi (My Bride is in Her Critical Year) and the previous season's Oishii Puropozu (Delicious Proposal). Both were terribly lukewarm and would have turned me off if not for Ryoko Shinohara in Hanayome wa Yakudoshi. I gave up on Oishii Puropozu's older woman-yonger man romance that was no where as appealing as My Name is Kim Sam Soon.

I think it's something that started out since the turn of the century (after 2001 or so). I can barely remember Japanese dramas having as romantic a story as those you see in all the popular Korean dramas or a story which shows the female or male lead pursuing love relentlessly. Love Revolution is one of the few in this century to make the mark.

Thanks for that interesting insight and observation. I think Jap dramas can do more about the romance part then. Take Kurosagi which I thought the relationship bet the leads were going nowhere. kind of irritating. But I find that the Korean dramas are too dramatic...going too over to me is not romantic either.

Takenouchi Yutaka reminds me of the French Actor Olivia Martinez. Both are tall, have trademark similar long hairdo and that classic good looks and both are capricorns.

I love this series so much. It's exciting and fun. Love Yutaka a lot.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/682c39f831ca27a3481ca23c8eb4024badd4.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/171ec64702696ef54726906608af14951c7e.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/68bcab3e64d1a880436f9931d3e6105ac7d3.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/6864c078f06edc1d4c179d018b33c3dd459e.jpeg')
    Last edited by wishbone; 10-16-06 at 05:08 AM. Reason: post some pics

Have watched Rondo. Think its great. Both leads were good. CJW should really do more roles like this...less weepy more 'cold blooded blow your brains out' type of persona.

There is so much comedy in the initial part...reminds me of a parody of 'Lost in Translation' with all the misunderstandings.

Justice is the most ugliest, yet most cutest dog ever! I know that sounds contraindicating, but that dog somehow embodies both those descriptions.

Trying to track down mp3 for 'Sayonara'. 1 hour's work has been fruitless. Any kind soul out there that can help?

Have found BT for the song but prefer another quicker means to obtain it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Don't worry, I found it! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by wishbone
    I love this series so much. It's exciting and fun. Love Yutaka a lot.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/682c39f831ca27a3481ca23c8eb4024badd4.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/171ec64702696ef54726906608af14951c7e.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/68bcab3e64d1a880436f9931d3e6105ac7d3.jpeg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://files.tagworld.com/6864c078f06edc1d4c179d018b33c3dd459e.jpeg')
    The main actor is very handsome.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.