View Poll Results: Who is more powerful in terms of martial arts?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chen Jialuo

6 30.00%
  • Wei Xiaobao

2 10.00%
  • Hu Yidao

0 0%
  • Hu Fei

3 15.00%
  • Di Yun

9 45.00%

Thread: Comparing the Qing Dynasty JY characters

Post Comparing the Qing Dynasty JY characters

Let's compare the JY characters that appear in Qing Dynasty - Chen Jialuo, Wei Xiaobao, Hu Yidao, Hu Fei, Di Yun. Who is more powerful?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Let's compare the JY characters that appear in Qing Dynasty - Chen Jialuo, Wei Xiaobao, Hu Yidao, Hu Fei, Di Yun. Who is more powerful?
    based on martial arts alone I'd have to put WXB at the bottom. I'd like to know just how good his qinggong was though.

I like the Hu's.

Generally speaking, readers feel that the deterioation theory applies fully to Qing dynasty novels. For example, experts in Duke of Mount Deer were still capable of some "amazing" feats, such as Chen Jinnan freezing opponents' blood with his internal energy. Beyond DOMD, I don't think there was sign of great feats like that, and I've never heard any disputes about the deterioation. Di Yun is a bit of an anamoly because he seems to be very powerful (according to other readers).

In Flying Fox, Chen Jialuo was said to be the best fighter, so we can effectively rule out Hu Yidao and Hu Fei's candidacies.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

why was WXB included? i don't think he's anywhere in contention for the spot of 'best martial arts'

I laways thought that Di Yun was very powerful in the novel... not too sure though

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    why was WXB included? i don't think he's anywhere in contention for the spot of 'best martial arts'

I laways thought that Di Yun was very powerful in the novel... not too sure though
    I add WXB for fun.

Di Yun was very powerful, and Shen Zhao Gong was described as though it was the most powerful internal energy martial arts.
    ..ext88

If you consider Bi Xue Jian Qing (it was Chongzheng and Shunzhi in the end), then Yuan Cheng Zi can be added.

In a straight fight, Chen Jialuo against Di Yun. Who will win?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    In a straight fight, Chen Jialuo against Di Yun. Who will win?
    Di Yun, who is some prespective is very similar to XPT in that he learned all the best martial arts of his era.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I don't really know because I'm not that familar with characters of the Qing dynasty from JY novels. I only know about WXB and he isn't that powerful .

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    I don't really know because I'm not that familar with characters of the Qing dynasty from JY novels. I only know about WXB and he isn't that powerful .
    How good is his qinggong?

I don't know why people would even compare Chen Jialuo to Di Yun since Di Yun would make mince meat out of Chen. Before JY revised Link Cities to make it part of the Qing Dynasty, I always thought that the story was set in an era that was pre-Qing dynasty due to the martial arts levels of people like Di Yun, Ding Deen, Yue Doe Lo Jo, the 4 Lok Fa Lou Shuis, and so on. I mean, Yue Do Lo Jo fell 800 feet from a cliff and manage to do flip after flip to escape harm and yet he was nothing compared to max power Di Yun. I can't imagine anybody in DOMD being capable of that.
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 04-11-06 at 06:48 PM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I don't know anything about Di Yun (or even who he is). Out of 4 people left, Chen Jialuo is the best one.

That's not really saying much. By the time of Flying Fox or Qin Long's reign, the fighters left seems to not even have inner power. Most DOMD fighters would pound all the people listed (excluding Di Yun) and WSB shouldn't even count. He's pretty crappy at martial arts.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by danshu_
    How good is his qinggong?
    WXB's lightness kungfu is pretty good. Not comparable to a lot of people though.