View Poll Results: Which portrayals did you think were good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xiao Long Nu

70 76.09%
  • Guo Fu

23 25.00%
  • Guo Xiang

45 48.91%
  • Gong Sun Lu E

21 22.83%
  • Lu Wu Shuang

18 19.57%
  • Cheng Ying

7 7.61%
  • Li Mo Chou

30 32.61%
  • Huang Rong

18 19.57%
  • Wan Yan Ping

11 11.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 Actresses Poll

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    lol.... i voted for all but HR and CY... HR wasn't intelligent enough... not as good as 83 HR and CY was just nowhere near Maggie Cheung's standard
    I didnt compare these actresses to the previous adaptation but rather how i picture these characters in the novel. CY was how i thought she would be...not sure about her looks...but just her characterisitics.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I didnt compare these actresses to the previous adaptation but rather how i picture these characters in the novel. CY was how i thought she would be...not sure about her looks...but just her characterisitics.
    she was kinda evil looking at times.... she's not as gentle as i thought she would be.... although i think Maggie's portrayal may have influenced how i viewed the character

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Yang Mi... the girl who played Wan Yan Ping is quite pretty
    does anyone think the girl who played Wan Yan Ping has a similar feel to GYY at some points? or maybe its just me... she's not as pretty as GYY, but her expressions have something similar

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/comp.jpg')

Wan Ying Ping is preetty.. well GYY, we have said before that she can resemble many actresses in the past, so i wouldn't be suprised another person resembles her.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I haven't seen the series... (

Can't wait.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

does anyone think the girl who played Wan Yan Ping has a similar feel to GYY at some points? or maybe its just me... she's not as pretty as GYY, but her expressions have something similar

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/comp.jpg')
    Exactly, that actress has a very innocent but soft and poignant look to her, which GYY carries off very well. she gives guys the feeling of wanting to rush to protect her and is the most beautiful WYP imo, eventhough i havent seen the episodes with her yet, i like her alot just by the pics. Her outfits are very beautiful and in tune with the character. How i wished ppl like GSLE and GX had as nice outifts.

But anyway, i thought everyone was good except CY, and maybe HR, who was very average imo. I dislike CY in this adaptation, i still feel that Maggie Cheung is the best CY ever..she looked and acted really well as CY. This CY does not attract me, her portrayal was satisfactory but she is seriously lacking the looks which does not even suit the character imo. Such a pity since CY is one of my fave JY characters (would have rather that actress who acted as wanyan ping star as CY). The fact that they probably chopped off quite a no of her scenes doesnt help either..same goes for YR who was a really cute LWS bt just got her scenes messed up by the editors.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

who is the actress that plays WYP? Any stats about her? I think she made the best WYP.. the past WYP.. didn't compare in beauty and charm.

I still didn't like HR.. she did give me the appearance that she was smart.. more liek clueless or something. The part where YG and XLN announced that they were to get to married, she just blows her eyes up looking stupid.. IMO

The past productions usually ran out of good-looking actresses to cast when they got to the bit parts, unlike ZJZ who has truckfuls. Even the servant girls are going to be at least attractive.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

It's quite funny that even smaller roles are decent looking.. but what happended to Cheng Ying? She was really mean looking.. a constipated look

all the girls are enchanting? then vote for all the girls you thought were enchanting... not the ONE AND ONLY LYF....

sighs.... can't people read...... this is a MULTIPLE vote
    Hey you don't have to bite my head off beause of that shss people these days.

Just kidding Ignore that, I didn't see what you wrote in the first post so I apologized if I offended you, the ONE AND ONLY 0-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    Hey you don't have to bite my head off beause of that shss people these days.

Just kidding Ignore that, I didn't see what you wrote in the first post so I apologized if I offended you, the ONE AND ONLY 0-0-0
    i'm sorry if i sounded very annoyed at you... its just that people did warn me that LYF would get all the votes and i wanted to prove that the other actresses could get reasonable vote counts as well

anyway... i loved the actress who played Wan Yan Ping... i don't know her name, but she is very beautiful even though she's only a minor character

i'm sorry if i sounded very annoyed at you... its just that people did warn me that LYF would get all the votes and i wanted to prove that the other actresses could get reasonable vote counts as well

anyway... i loved the actress who played Wan Yan Ping... i don't know her name, but she is very beautiful even though she's only a minor character
    If I read what you said before I would have probably voted for all of them but HR and CY so my apologies too.
    Last edited by Godslayer; 04-13-06 at 02:10 PM.

RoCH 2005 version really really centered around YG and XLN. So not surprising that the votes would go to LYF. LYF born for this role. All the other female actresses did a good job in this series.
    I am a culture unto myself.

When Li Mochou was on the screen every other person faded into the background. She dominated her scenes.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.tinypic.com/vdzj2f.jpg')

Xiao Longnu is the best!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

I think most of us (said most not all) think that LYF was good in the series but other actresses were also a standout such as Li Muchou Guo Fuo and Guo Xiang.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer
    I think most of us (said most not all) think that LYF was good in the series but other actresses were also a standout such as Li Muchou Guo Fuo and Guo Xiang.
    yea, i think LYF was good, but i thought GX, GF were really impressive... and i admired a lot of the other actresses such as Yang Rui and Wan Yan Ping, who didn't have much screen time but still did a good job with their character

All in all ROCH 2006 possess an all-star cast and I admit that maybe even without LYF as XLN it might have gotten a lot of popularity with its superior supoorting cast.

Well...just reading the novel, XLN was already my favorite character. Unless we had a really bad actress for XLN, then XLN would probably always be my favorite character. Most of the girls did a pretty good job. If I could, I'd chose all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    Well...just reading the novel, XLN was already my favorite character. Unless we had a really bad actress for XLN, then XLN would probably always be my favorite character. Most of the girls did a pretty good job. If I could, I'd chose all of them.
    yes, you can choose all them them Dragongirl... that's the point of this poll... to choose all the girls you think did a good job, to even out the bias towards XLN