Thread: Lung Siu Wan and Lam Sin Yee - something strange during those two years?

Default Lung Siu Wan and Lam Sin Yee - something strange during those two years?

At the end of the first phase of the SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD SAGA (i.e. the "Plum Blossom Thief" segment), Lung Siu Wan and Lam Sin Yee were clearly Lee Chum Foon's enemies, and all concerned knew it. Two years later, however, after Seung Gwoon Gum Hung had entered the picture and the conflict renewed itself, Lung Siu Wan and Lam Sin Yee treated Lee Chum Foon as a friend...as if the events of the "Plum Blossom Thief" never happened. Um, hello? I understand that Lung and Lam were trying to manipulate Lee once again, but why did Lee go along with their pretenses? It's like everybody was pretending that events that happened two years earlier hadn't happened at all.

Oh yeah, I remember being confused by it when I first read the books. But somehow there was a reason...unless GL (or whoever was writing it under his guidence) just forgot about it...like the time he brought back a dead character...
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

He brought back a dead character without explaining? haha

I think Lee Chum Foon is the type of guy that would let bygones be bygones and just really really values friendship to a rediculous extreme... well the guy did save his life I guess

It was odd because Lee Chum Foon's relationships with Lung Siu Wan and Lam Sin Yee seemed to reboot themselves during the two years between the Plum Blossom Bandit affair and the entanglements with Seung Gwoon Gum Hung. Everybody behaved as if Lung and Lam had never betrayed Lee.

He'd always been very forgiving about Long Xiaoyun.. I'm not sure if he even acknowledged that he had been betrayed by him. As for Lin Xian-er, I guess he didn't want to make things difficult for Ah Fei since he was so besotted with her.

I think Li Xunhuan felt more sorry for Long Xiaoyun than anger - he really felt that his return gave Long Xiaoyun no choice, and was more than happy to let him leave. It didn't matter that Long Xiaoyun was a complete scumbag at heart - Li felt bad because by returning he had ruined Long Xiaoyun's marriage.

As for Lin Xianer, Li Xunhuan knew that she was completely evil, and was willing to actually slay her in cold blood at the end of the Plum Bandit arc, but was stopped by Ah Fei. I don't think he ever thought of her as a friend, but was at least obliged to be civil with her since she was Ah Fei's girlfriend. I don't think he ever trusted her.

I had always thought that the story would have made more sense if Little Li was in love in Long and thus refuse or could not see the flaws and betrayal