Huang Yaoshi?
    Zhou Botong
    Yang Guo
    Guo Fu
    Guo Xiang
    Guo Polu
    Big Wu
    Small Wu
    Gjengis Khan was just using him for his own goals...

I can't think of any more at the moment... i think LHC and DY would probably have a reasonably large list

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    i think Genghis Khan did love him in some way... he used GJ, but i think it wasn't just manipulation... i think its very different to JLFW manipulating YG to kill GJ..... or something like that

I'll leave this up to debate. Gengkis Khan did admire his bravery even when he's still a kid and he liked him enough to make him a son-in-law.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Not without a little agonizing, however. Yeung Gor arguably flirted more actively with his incidental ladies than Cheung Mo Gei did with his.

And Cheung Mo Gei ultimately did commit to Chiu Mun.
    But he did actually thought about having all four as his wives. Although YG flirted more with other girls in his hearts XLN was the only one!

But he did actually thought about having all four as his wives. Although YG flirted more with other girls in his hearts XLN was the only one!
    Actions speak louder than words. A few things that Yeung Gor did with Yeun Nan Ping and Luk Mo Seung were just *slightly* creepy. On the other hand, whatever Cheung Mo Gei might have fantasized about, he didn't act upon it...and rightfully not.

lol.... empty heart vegetable... is that really how its translated? Sounds so funny.....
    i don't think she loved him exactly... but i guess its a young girl's innocent love....
    Empty Heart Vegetable (Kongxin Cai, or if you want, "Sayur Kangkung" ) cared about Di Yun because her mother, Qi Fang, taught her to care for him. To her, he was a missing relative/uncle, one whom his mother really cared about, just like Qi Changfa, the father/grandfather.

Xue Dao Lao Zhu's care/concern for Di Yun wasn't entirely genuine, imho, because he gave me the impression that he would have Di Yun killed if it didn't suit his purposes.

---

Hu Fei had few people caring for him:

Ping A-Si == the guy who rescued him as a baby and brought him up
    Zhao Banshan == No 3 in Red Flower Society
    Cheng Lingshu

And if things are stretched a little, add:

Miao Renfeng == he constantly thought about Hu Yidao's son, but never found him, until Hu Fei was grown up and found Miao Renfeng instead.
    Miao Ruolan == as a child, she thought about Hu Fei because of her father's stories/longing, but it was only at the very end of "Flying Fox" that she actually cared/loved him as a real tangible person.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Actions speak louder than words. A few things that Yeung Gor did with Yeun Nan Ping and Luk Mo Seung were just *slightly* creepy. On the other hand, whatever Cheung Mo Gei might have fantasized about, he didn't act upon it...and rightfully not.
    i don't know.... i still think that YG was more faithful to XLN than ZWJ was to any of his wives....

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    ZWJ was to any of his wives....
    Wives? As of the end of HSDS, he had only officially married Yan Lei (Chu-yee); Cheung Mo Gei's marital status at the end of the story was officially "widower."

Well he was just trying to help Luk Mo Seung with her broken ribs so that's nothing wrong about it. he just acted on his impulses when he kissed Yeun Nan Ping and he did regret afterwards. The thing is that he never would marry anyone besides XLN.

Wives? As of the end of HSDS, he had only officially married Yan Lei (Chu-yee); Cheung Mo Gei's marital status at the end of the story was officially "widower."
    whoops... well, the ones he wanted to be his wives... that would be the more accurate description.... started to sound a bit like WXB... lol

Well he was just trying to help Luk Mo Seung with her broken ribs so that's nothing wrong about it. he just acted on his impulses when he kissed Yeun Nan Ping and he did regret afterwards. The thing is that he never would marry anyone besides XLN.
    Yeung Gor and Cheung Mo Gei's circumstances were quite different. Yeung Gor's first serious relationship with a woman was destined to be his last because he had been attached to most beautiful woman in the world from the beginning. Not only that, but this woman was 100% trustworthy as far as personal loyalty to him was concerned. He hit the jackpot on the very first spin. Of course he wasn't going to succumb to temptation in the outside world.

Cheung Mo Gei ran into a number of attractive women during his youth. None of them could claim to be the Most Beautiful Of All, but each was attractive...and in her own way, manipulative. Cheung Mo Gei's mother left him with the dying words, "Don't trust beautiful women." Sure enough, he falls prey to the manipulations of one beautiful woman after another. No wonder he was confused.

Actually Empty Heart Vegetable sounds a bit wierd.
    ..ext88

Initally when Genghis Khan was only trying to capture the Jin empire, he took GJ as if he is his own son since when GJ was a boy.
    ..ext88

Yeung Gor and Cheung Mo Gei's circumstances were quite different. Yeung Gor's first serious relationship with a woman was destined to be his last because he had been attached to most beautiful woman in the world from the beginning. Not only that, but this woman was 100% trustworthy as far as personal loyalty to him was concerned. He hit the jackpot on the very first spin. Of course he wasn't going to succumb to temptation in the outside world.

Cheung Mo Gei ran into a number of attractive women during his youth. None of them could claim to be the Most Beautiful Of All, but each was attractive...and in her own way, manipulative. Cheung Mo Gei's mother left him with the dying words, "Don't trust beautiful women." Sure enough, he falls prey to the manipulations of one beautiful woman after another. No wonder he was confused.
    What you say it's true, but what i really like about YG is that he chose to marry XLN just moments after he found out that she was raped by the stinky taoist.

ZWJ wouldn't know what to do if he was in the same situation, maybe he would choose another...

ZWJ wouldn't know what to do if he was in the same situation, maybe he would choose another...
    I don't think so. Although he doesn't share Yeung Gor's single-minded zeal, Cheung Mo Gei's loyalty to those whom he loves is beyond question. I don't see him abandoning anybody he cares about if that person truly needs him.

I don't think so. Although he doesn't share Yeung Gor's single-minded zeal, Cheung Mo Gei's loyalty to those whom he loves is beyond question. I don't see him abandoning anybody he cares about if that person truly needs him.
    Yep. If any of the 4 girls run to ZWJ and cried "Wuji-gege, somebody raped me." ZWJ would become soft-hearted again...
    ..ext88

the bottom line is that i like YG more than ZWJ and I never considered ZWJ as a "hero" like GJ or XF

Smile For The Love of Li Mochou

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Do you think Li Mochou could be added to Yang Guo's list?
    Why not? Li Mochou certainly enjoyed being cuddled by Yang Guo. I thought it was funny how, the second time it happened (in the Tomb), LMC only left his embrace because she was conscious that XLN was looking oddly at her. And then, she didn't think of attacking YG at all – she went straight for XLN. Perhaps you could say that she was jealous. Also, when YG rather chivalrously gave LMC his clothes after her fight with Feng Mofeng, Jin Yong notes that the robe "looked like somebody spreading out [his] arms and embracing her". Given that the robe had been bespoke-tailored for YG by none other than Cheng Ying, it was hardly a throwaway gesture on YG's part. When did YG ever do such a thing for XLN?

And there's more. For a while, YG & LMC were basically stepfather & stepmother to Guo Xiang. That's sort of like having a kid together. Jin Yong even wrote a bit where they ended up looking at each other like in some cheesy scene from a romantic comedy. Finally, at LMC's death, she calls YG "Zhanyuan" (i.e. Lu Zhanyuan, her former lover). If that isn't an admission of how she felt about him, what is?

Who can deny, from this exhaustive analysis, that LMC was absolutely in love with YG? So yeah: somebody please add her to YG's list.

the bottom line is that i like YG more than ZWJ and I never considered ZWJ as a "hero" like GJ or XF
    Cheung Mo Gei was wuxia's first "New Age" hippie hero; defeating violence through nonviolence.