83. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZWJ

63 75.90%
  • GWM

20 24.10%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zhang WuJi vs Golden Wheel Monk: a battle of chokemeisters

Default Zhang WuJi vs Golden Wheel Monk: a battle of chokemeisters

Golden Wheel Monk is said to be around the "Great level" yet in terms of techqiues, many hold the view that he is weak in that area.

Zhang WuJi; many asume him to be also around the "Great's level" yet in the novel, he always have problems with weaker foes (Xuanming elders etc.) mainly due to his inexperience.

Hence if a showdown between these two occurs... who would win and why?

I think ZWJ's main problems are with fighting with groups... that always seems to be whenever he underperforms (and it's arguable that groups are intrinsically hard to deal with). Whereas GWM underperforms consistently. So ZWJ could own that guy. Plus I feel that QKDNY would be useful against the Five Wheels Encirclement.

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think GWM should defeat ZWJ. Crush him with his wheel .

Despite ZWJ's inexperience, there are times when he does excel.

Best example: When ZWJ met hte 3 Du generation for the 2nd time, ZWJ himself fought the 2 stronger monks. He wasn't clearly winning. However, in the 3rd battle, ZWJ fought at a higher level, JY said that if ZWJ were to fight 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1, he would easily win. As we all know 1 on 3, ZWJ would eventually win if the match was stalled out.

as of this reply, ZWJ is winning by 16-3 against GWM. Everyone consider GWM to be around the Greats. Does this mean, most voters here agrees that ZWJ will win against the Greats?

Quote Originally Posted by zhouyu
    as of this reply, ZWJ is winning by 16-3 against GWM. Everyone consider GWM to be around the Greats. Does this mean, most voters here agrees that ZWJ will win against the Greats?
    And everyone also considers ZWJ around the Greats. In this "Great" level, there are still differences. For example, who would win, H7G or QQR? I think almost everyone would say H7G.

From the votes, it is really amazing that although so many "hates and condemn ZWJ" they still think that he is able to beat The GWM which is around a "GREAT" level..

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    From the votes, it is really amazing that although so many "hates and condemn ZWJ" they still think that he is able to beat The GWM which is around a "GREAT" level..
    lol i don't hate any of the 2 ...just vote based on what i think. i think zwj just need to get into the right mood to be able to perform. He's inconsistent at times due to emotions.

I think the Golden Wheel Monk will prevail. Despite his major weakness (cowardice), he was a vicious fighter who knew how to press an advantage. His Lung Cheung Bor Yeh Gung was probably not inferior to Cheung Mo Gei's 9 Yeung Sun Gung in terms of raw power, but Cheung Mo Gei had no experience fighting other Greats level fighters (because there were no others aside from his beloved and revered grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung during his time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think the Golden Wheel Monk will prevail. Despite his major weakness (cowardice), he was a vicious fighter who knew how to press an advantage. His Lung Cheung Bor Yeh Gung was probably not inferior to Cheung Mo Gei's 9 Yeung Sun Gung in terms of raw power, but Cheung Mo Gei had no experience fighting other Greats level fighters (because there were no others aside from his beloved and revered grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung during his time).
    That may be true(the quote about 9 Yang about Dragon Elephant Sutra level 10). But the 3 Du generation fight is = a Great level fight.
    If we were to put JLFW in ZWJ's place, I think JLFW would lose. Of course, ZWJ would only win if he is at his best. JLFW on the other hand wouldn't win because his best advantage (an internal superiorty) is gone, and I don't think 5 Wheels would work well against the 3 Du generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    JLFW on the other hand wouldn't win because his best advantage (an internal superiorty) is gone, and I don't think 5 Wheels would work well against the 3 Du generation.

Au contrere, I think the Golden Wheel Monk's razor-sharp wheels are the ideal weapon for handling the Dao-class monks. One of the problems Cheung Mo Gei and his cohorts had while battling the Dao monks was the monks' soft weaponry (those darn whips). In fact, I think Cheung Mo Gei briefly wished that he had the Heaven Sword or Dragon Sabre on hand to deal with those whips. The Golden Wheel Monk's wheels would (literally) cut into the advantage the Dao monks had with their whips, maybe even enough to turn the tide in the Golden Wheel Monk's favor.

Au contrere, I think the Golden Wheel Monk's razor-sharp wheels are the ideal weapon for handling the Dao-class monks. One of the problems Cheung Mo Gei and his cohorts had while battling the Dao monks was the monks' soft weaponry (those darn whips). In fact, I think Cheung Mo Gei briefly wished that he had the Heaven Sword or Dragon Sabre on hand to deal with those whips. The Golden Wheel Monk's wheels would (literally) cut into the advantage the Dao monks had with their whips, maybe even enough to turn the tide in the Golden Wheel Monk's favor.
    Even so, I still believe that JLFW would have trouble against 3. If you ask me, I believe GJ would do the best because of Dipper formation which will let you fight mutiple opponents. However, JLFW isn't great against mutiple. You would argue that ZWJ also doesn't have a kung fu fit for mutiple opponents, but ZWJ has Tai Chi breathing and a defensive style which I believe trully fits more than offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Even so, I still believe that JLFW would have trouble against 3. If you ask me, I believe GJ would do the best because of Dipper formation which will let you fight mutiple opponents.
    Gwok Jing would own the Dao monks. He has all the right tools for it: 9 Yum Jen Ging (inner power and techniques), Hong Lung 18 Palms (raw force), Left/Right Hand Technique (effectively takes the monks' numerical advantage away), and the 7 Star Big Dipper Formation (likely not inferior to the Dao monks' whip formation).

Gwok Jing would own the Dao monks. He has all the right tools for it: 9 Yum Jen Ging (inner power and techniques), Hong Lung 18 Palms (raw force), Left/Right Hand Technique (effectively takes the monks' numerical advantage away), and the 7 Star Big Dipper Formation (likely not inferior to the Dao monks' whip formation).
    well, I wouldn't exactly say own, but GJ wouldn't have as much trouble as any of the other Greats.

Just some food for thought... How would XLN and YG at their peak perform individually against the three monks? Would YG be at a disadvantage?
    IMO, among the Greats I think that HYS would have the least trouble fighting the Jing Gang Fu Mo Quan formation.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    Just some food for thought... How would XLN and YG at their peak perform individually against the three monks? Would YG be at a disadvantage?
    Individually, XLN would be raped, not sure about YG. He should be around how ZWJ fared.
    ..ext88

YG would win with no problem...his HIS, sad palm and his sleeve would do it

Orginally posted by Exodus

YG would win with no problem...his HIS, sad palm and his sleeve would do it
    Dont really agree with you... If YG is using the HIS, then he would find it difficult to use his sad palms at the same time. Also, he has to content with 3 pairs of arms (assuming that the monks are not using their wips). Also, to be able to use his sad palms, he has to be sad... so it is really debatable whether anot YG would win with no problem. Another point to add, i dont really think YG has any experience in fighting formations? Anyone can confirm this?

well what i meant is that he could use HIS and if it don't work use his sad palm. Maybe even use wood sword to counter the whips.

wood sword? I dont think YG ever mastered that.. the furthest he went was up till HIS...