Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #2

Although very confused, Jian Yi regained his composure in a short while. (Most likely due to stares from nearby pugilists)

"Hmmm, elder Yu could have won in his first stroke, if he had gone straight for the abbot's Ling Tai point with "the crane scoopes up with its beak". I guess its out of respect that the both party came to a draw. " thought Jian Yi, as he glanced towards to the next two fighters.

"Ah! Its brother Ouyang Ri... Should be an interesting fight... Wait... that Monk's inner qi... I sense trances of Yang in it... could he be one of the three that i sense earlier?"

Back outside the city entrance 11 miles under a willow tree.

“Go to the river nearby and fetch me some water. This sweltering heat and the lack of fresh reports from our insider messenger are taking a toll on me. I must conserve my energy so as to end my feud with Zhang Wu Ji.” Shen Mo told Huang Long as he sat motionless in his meditating position.

Huang Long plucked a leave from the nearby banana tree and twisted it into the shape of a cone and scooped the crystal clear water from the river. He took a sip from the makeshift cup and the refreshing liquid slid down his throat. It was refreshing and sweet. Just a few steps away Huang Long saw an elderly man standing in the river half-naked bathing. Curious as he was to find out if this man had any ill intentions towards his master, he walked forward.

“Hi there old mister, how are you, do you live in this woods? My master and I are traveling to the nearby city for the Heroes Conference, do you by any chance know if there are any other heroes living nearby?” asked Huang Long politely.

“Oh the Heroes Conference, I am not too sure that there are any other fellow brothers living nearby, as I just happen to be around here.” replied the old man as he continued to move his arms all over his body.

Being almost totally submerged it was almost impossible for Huang Long to feel any Qi vibrations that were produced by the old man. Huang Long thought to himself “This old man doesn’t look like he knows any kongfu and I don’t think Shen Mo would have any trouble dealing with him. I think I would just walk away and report the matter to Shen Mo.”

With his hands clenched together Huang Long bade farewell to the old man and took the water to his master, “Dear old mister I have to go now to deliver the water to my master. Sorry for troubling you. May we meet again?”

Carrying the makeshift cup filled with water Huang Long returned to the side of his “master”. “What took you so long?” grumped Shen Mo as he took the makeshift cup from Huang Long’s hands.
    “Master I saw an elderly man bathing in the river nearby. I couldn’t feel any Qi from him as he was underwater, I doubt he has any ill intentions.” replied Huang Long showing a bit of displeasure of not even a thank you from Shen Mo.

“Oh and do you think that he will even pose a threat to me?” laughed Shen Mo as he drank the water in huge glups.

“Hello again young lad!” cam a familiar voice from behind Huang Long. It was the elderly man who was bathing in the river just now.

“Hello again old sir, this is my master, Shen Mo.” said Huang Long pointing at Shen Mo still sitting cross-legged under the tree.

Shen Mo rose from his position and clenched both hands in respect and bowed his head a little. “My respects to you old sir. Are you going to the Heroes Conference too?” asked Shen Mo politely.

Huang Long stood there baffled, “When did Shen Mo ever talked to someone so respectfully?” he asked himself. The elderly man just laughed and shook his head conveying his message clearly.

“Anyway old sir, me and my disciple must make haste to the Heroes Conference alas we may miss it. Till fate may we meet again.” And with a flick of his overcoat, Shen Mo turned around and walked towards the city gates which were visible by now.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Juai Sangzheng carefully observed his opponent Ouyang Ri from a distance, as the two prepared to face off.
    "merciful buddha" calmly spoke Juai Sangzheng as the two prepared their stances.
    Ouyang Ri said softly "Good luck" before the two commenced in there duel.
    Juai Sangzheng was swiftly into an open stance where he could attack and defend with the same efficiency.
    Ouyang Ri attempted to quickly attack Juai Sangzheng with a palm attack filled with most of his inner power. Juai Sangzheng quickly responded by throwing out a defensive palm technique, upon impact Ouyang Ri felt a massive wave of qi pushing him backwards even though he had been the aggressor and Juai Sangzheng merely responded with a gentle defensive palm.
    Ouyang Ri knowingly that his opponent had much superior internal energy that he began attacking with multiple strokes that relied on sheer speed and perfect timing to try and gain an upper hand on the duel.
    His strokes was filled with precise rhythm aiming for Juai Sangzheng's main acupoints in an attempt to seal them.
    Juai Sangzheng had been easily able to observe all the flaws in Ouyang Ri's attacks and each stroke was effortlessly countered with one of the techniques from Shaolin's 72 supreme arts.
    After countless attacks, Ouyang Ri saw that his opponent had not even broken a sweat and yet he had been going all out in vain, he quietly stepped back and complimented "great martial arts! I am much to far below your abilities, I do not think its wise to continue this fight'
    Ouyang Ri then proceeded back to where the Wudang disciples had been seated.
    Last edited by flying_phoenix; 04-28-06 at 09:35 PM.

Now Reverend Kong Shian was facing Wang Zhong Yueh in the third match between Shaolin and Wudang. Reverend Kong Shian is the current head of Lohan Hall and is famous for his Lohan fist style.

"Reverend, "Zhong Yueh said, " Instead of fighting how about we have a friendly competition?" "What do you have in mind?" said the reverend.
    "Your Lohan style relies on quickness and hardness. The style is famous for attacking at a close distance in one moment, then quickly retreating before the enemy's attack could reach you before attacking again at a suprising angle. Meanwhile my Tai Chi style relies on yielding and following the enemy's intention. What I am proposing is this: Without trading punches or kicks, I will try to "stick" to you and follow your movement, while you will try get rid of my hand from sticking or following you. If you suceed within 100 moves, then you win. What do you think?"

"Ha ha, this is a good idea. I agree. Mr Zhong Yueh please!" Kong Shian said while putting out his hand. Zong Yueh then lightly touched the back of his wrist to the back of the reverend's wrist. "Please start reverend!"

Immediately Reverend Kong Shian moved using the first Lohan moves, that spreads both of his hands in different direction although the fist itself was not directed towards Zhong Yueh. Zhong Yueh quickly stick to the two hands separately using the move taming the tiger. Seeing how he cannot get rid of Zhong Yueh's hand, the reverend jump back quickly, retracting his hands and instead using a sweeping move to guard the enemy, again none of the sweep would have touched the Wudang fighter. Using his "listening energy" Zhong Yueh jumped forward while continue to stick to the right hand. He made a circular move to the left in the air so that the sweep would not stop him from sticking.

The reverend move more and more vigorously, jumping, twisting and moving his hands in all direction. From afar it is as if he has eight hands. yet Zong Yueh's hand remained touching the reverend.

Finally, after the 99th move, the reverend made a loud shout and using his internal energy created an energy shield around his body. This is the highest skill of Shaolin's diamond armor body. At its peak, the enemy's fist would not even be able to touch his body. Only a few people have mastered this skill throughout history. Immediately Zhong Yueh's hand was pushed out and he himself had to take several steps back to brace the impact.

The reverend then said. "Mr Zhong Yueh, you have a marvelous skill, but you have lost today." Zhong Yueh said smiling, "Not necessarily, look what I have in my hand." The reverend looked at Zhong Yueh's hand and he saw him hoding a golden thread extending from his robe. "Ah! So Shaolin have lost." the reverend said surprised.

At the last moment before his hand was pushed out, Zhong Yueh managed to pull out a lose thread from the reverend's robe, and therefore as long as he is holding the thread, using his listening energy skill, he can still follow the reverend's
    movement and intention.

"actually, in a real fight, I would have been defeated." said Zhong Yueh. How about this, for the next round, lets combined the Shaolin and Wudang's fighter to formed one team. Your disciple who beat brother Ouyang before looks quite formidable. I would love to see him fight in he next round again."

Yuen Jie was carefully observing the martial arts dealt by Shaolin and Wudang, and couldnt be helped but feeling quite impressed at some of the showings.
    Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an anonymouse man staring in her direction and giggling. Provoked by such an disgusting act, in a fit of fury she used he blinding qing gong and and went over to the man, without a word she stuck him with a powerful palm causing the man to go flying backwards and began vomitting out blood.

The pugilists were shocked by such an act before them...

Meanwhile one of Yao hu Shuan's servants brought a little note for him.

Yao Hu Shuan swiftly opened the note and began smiling as he swallowed the note.

the note had said "Master your orders have bee executed, our brothers have blended into the various sects without any notice. We have the whole place surrounded awaiting your next orders - Lu Nankai"

Yao Hu Shuan at that moment could not but laugh Vigorously at the sight heroes conference as it is now...

He tilt his vision around in various directions observing the female pugilists that had been on show at the heroes conference.

He could not help but be fixated on Shui Xiang's stunning beauty as he had been attracted to her for as long as he could remember first seeing her.

Also caught in his eye was Shui Qing, Ban Meihua, Li Xiao Sheng, and Ching Yuan. he thought to himself "When will I have the opprotunity to enjoy these beatiful ladies? Surely after our plans have been achieved and wulin is conquered! Then these luscious ladies will be at my great merciful self!"
    Last edited by swordfreak; 04-28-06 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Afrer a few moments, rge matches were finally deciided. The first round would be Bei Xing, Shue Yun Zen, and he against three members of the Beggar's Clan. The three member nominated for the clan were Mu Zhan Yuan, Happy Beggar, and the current clan leader. Now each time had to elect a represenative to go up and fight.

"If you all don't mind, I'd like to fight in the firrst round," said Li.

With a simple nod from his team, Li made his way to the stage, sword in hand. Once on the stage, Li stood face to face with the man known as Happy Beggar.
    Happy Beggar was not aware of what had happened to the Clan Leader so he went on with the fight as if everything were normal.

After exchanging a few formalities, Li and Happy Beggar assumed fighting stance. Beggar fought with a staff and Li with his bamboo sword. Both fighters extended their weapons towards eachother and Happy Beggar was the first to attack.

Happy beggar made a quick jab with his staff and in turn, Li met the jap with the tip of his sword. Suddenly the two were engaged in a battle of qi. With minimal effort, Li was able to plunge his sword into the beggar's staff and with a flick of his wrist, the staff exploded into many splinters.

All who had witnessed this, were amazed at how quick Li defeated his opponent.

"I certainly am no match for you," said Happy Beggar as he cupped his hands and bowed to Li. Li extended the same gesture and both walked off the stadium.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Bei Xing stared at extreme power of brother Li Kang's qi, it had easily defeated that of the happy beggars.
    "Li Kangs qi is certainly impressive even though he has tuberculosis" thought Bei Xing.

" That monk has truly strong inner. I would very much like to duel with him given the chance. So it seems that Wudang and Shaolin has form a coalition of sorts. This should be very interesting..." Thought Jian Yi.

"Ah Brother Li's inner qi is really amazing, had it not been for his disease, he would have easliy defeat me in a duel. I wonder how brother BeiXing would fare..."

"Da Tou whispered to his surbodinates, "Look at both Shaolin and Wudang, they really live up to their names as the most influential sects in Wulin. If both masters Damo and Zhang Sanfeng were still alive, we would have plenty of trouble and difficulty dealing with them."
    ..ext88

Li took his seat as Bei Xing went to to the stage for his battle. As Li sat down, he felt a burning sensation in his chest area.

"Since I havn't fought like this in a while, it must just be my body reacting to the sudden power," thought Li

However, people around Li could see that not all was well. Though he had won his battle, his complexion had start to become pale. This paleness was the one that accompanied his tuberculosis.

As Li sat in his seat, he began to meditate and draw out his qi just as a prevenative measure. From a distance, Juai Sangzheng noticed the qi eminating from Li.

"Interesting. This qi I'm sensing, definitely feels like Shaolin qi, but at the same time, it feels a lot more vicious than our own. You could call it dark, if you may. I wonder who it is coming from?" thought Juai
    Last edited by Allen D; 04-29-06 at 02:42 AM.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Continuing from here...

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    “Anyway old sir, me and my disciple must make haste to the Heroes Conference alas we may miss it. Till fate may we meet again.” And with a flick of his overcoat, Shen Mo turned around and walked towards the city gates which were visible by now.
    The old man smiled and walked off.

Shen Mo took his time as he knew the tournament would last very long. A man suddenly ran up to Shen Mo - it was his messenger.

The messenger looked extremely flustered and heaved and panted when he reached Shen Mo. He could hardly force the words out of his mouth.

"Master... he... that man... * pant * he... * gasp *..."

Shen Mo asked with some asperity, "What the heck are you trying to say?"

The man composed himself and said, "Master, that old man you met just now is actually Zhang Wuji!"

Shen Mo started and exclaimed, "Holy cow! That was him?!" He twisted his head back only to see a small figure at the river.

He said, "Alright. There's been a slight change of plans. Looks like I'll have to deal with him myself. Inform the rest!"

The messenger said, "Yes, sir!" and dashed off. Shen Mo and Huang Long hastened their pace went directly to the tournament area.

seated in comfortably and enjoying himself was Zhao Huyan, enjoy the pleasantries of the view he had of the tournament. Nice and comfy he had been, being served by countless beautiful maids.
    Yet he felt quite empty as his eyes zoomed in and out at the stunning looking girls of the wulin path. He could not help but daydream on how he's going to them into his big net...
    He was devising very indepth plans on how to charm each one of them as he analyzed each of his targets precisely and thoughtfully.
    "Can't wait till I can get my hands on them" he thought as he could not help but drool...
    "I'm going move in like a leopard, and charm you like an heavenly saint, for no one can resist my irresistable manly charm"

"oh no... brother Li is having problems again... "Thought Jian Yi as he saw the tell tail signs of breathing problems, extremely pale complexion.

At once, he rush up to the stage.

"Excuse me for my interruption, fellow brothers of Jiang Hu! I merely wish to check on Brother's Li condition" explained Jian Yi.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    The messenger said, "Yes, sir!" and dashed off. Shen Mo and Huang Long hastened their pace went directly to the tournament area.

Shen Mo and Huang Long (his disciple / servant) quietly walked into the tournament grounds. He placed a finger over his lips and his followers pretended not to be conscious of his presence.

Da Tou grinned and mumbled, "Master is here. Stand by. It's any moment now."

Shue Yun was quite impressed by the superb display of Li Kang against happy beggar, in that he was easily defeated through such rich qi.

'If someday I could spar with Li Kang at his full strength, it would surely be a great match. There is still so much to learn, analyse and interpret" thought Shue Yun.

He had his eyes on many of the other tings that were surrounding him also. Namely the incident with Yuen Jie which was quite disturbing how she had attacked the man for just snickering at her looks. He knew that she would be trouble as she had been seated next to Xie Junh Lang and a man who seemed to be blind but was had a look of strange viciousness about him.

The fight between Juai Sangzheng and Ouyang Ri also caught his attention he was greatly impressed by the young monk's deep and rich qi which was too overwhelming for Ouyang Ri.

Ouyang Ri had not been a slouch either, he was quite adept in his martial arts. Shue Yun had been focusing memorising each of the strokes that the pugilists had displayed and subconciously working out counter attacks and ways to defeat each stroke and stance, and also to implement into his own arsenal of arts.

Li Xiao Sheng saw that brother Li Kang had fallen ill again of his sickness, and brother Jian yi had halted the tournament so that soemthing could be done for Li kang. She swiftly made her way across to where brother Li Kang was to aid him.
    Shue was already at the contestant section with Li Kang.

He knew he had tuberculosis but it had been under control for most of the time.
    Li Xiao Sheng was extremely worried this time because she had ran out of the tuberculosis powder medicine which she previously had given to Li Kang to help suppress the disease.

Shue yun saw the situation was quite an emergency he quickly drew out some medicinal liquid from his shirt pocket and gave it to Li Kang. "Take a few sips, it should help with your disease the drink is a special medicinal formula that I extracted from a mountain, even though i don't know much about medicine I believe it would help."

After Li Kang took a few sips from the medicine his body slowly regained its strength.
    After a few moments in which the situation had calmed down Li Xiao Sheng was quite amazed at what just happened, she had never seen that kind of medicine formula before so she quickly queried Shue yun about the formula.

Shue explained that he had used the medicine, to help from severe fire deviation when he practiced his 9 long sheng gong stances and Shue Xing sheng fa. Otherwise he wouldve cause major internal injuries to himself in practice.
    The ingrediants medicine was extracted from rare plants that he had never seen before from the mountain that had lived on.
    Last edited by strife_au; 04-30-06 at 11:30 AM.

Xie Junh Lang could not but feel a sense of awe in him at the sight of Shen Mo's presence. For he had been such an arrogant man, Shen Mo had been the only person that had commanded at place of highest praise from him.
    Shen Mo was the only person that we he spoke to, he would feel inferior and the need to show utmost respect.

Seeing that Shue Yun had given Li Kang some medicinal liquid, Jian Yi was somewhat relived. Checking Li Kang's pulse and his breathing, Jian Yi was a little worried for Li kang. He had over-exerted himself to the point where he should be coughting out blood. Yet due to his high inner qi and the medicinal liquid, all this was post-poned.

"Brother Li your condition is stable for now, but you cannot utilized your inner qi for any fights anymore. Doing so would cause irreversible damage to your body. By then only the gods can help you. Would you like me to transfer my qi to you so that you will feel better?" asked a concerned Jian Yi
    Last edited by druid; 04-29-06 at 07:24 AM.

"I appreciate your goodwill brother Wang, but for now I will be fine. Please trust me on this. I know what I'm doing." replied Li Kang as he looked into the concered eyes of Jian Yi.

"Very well. But should the slightest thing happen, I will do what I must."

"Haha. Agreed. For now, let us sit down and see Brother BeiXing fight." answered Li Kang. He felt better yet his chest area was still hot and very uncomfortable.

With that both swordsman sat down on chairs while BeiXing stood up and walked towards the middle of the platform getting ready for his turn.

Suddenly, Jian Yi remembered the note that his Mother gave to him. At once, he retrieve it from inside of his sleeve and read it.

"Although Yang and Yin are opposite of each other,
    Everything consist of both.
    Even the art of 9yang is not spared.
    In order for Yang to be dominant,
    The only way is throughy Yin.
    Generate the Highest possible Yin Qi in your
    Dan Tian, Ling Tai and Shanzhong points,
    Let in flow freely all through your body and all of the eight channels.
    Once it reaches the upper arms,
    Conversion of Yin to Yang will be done not by the mind,
    But by the body, for the body is the one that comprises of Yang and Yin.
    Once Yang Comes forth from Yin,
    Release it slowly so it only the most gentle
    and soft Yang Qi comes out of your palms.

Hence the tenth style of Cui Ye 9Yang palms:
    "Through Yin, Yang is forever Dominant" "

(Note to all... I'm just faking this whole portion up! There is no basis for this palm style. )
    Last edited by druid; 04-30-06 at 12:53 AM.