Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #2

meanwhile, lam changcong carefully trailed shue yun and fei. having observed the lodgers last night, changcong was curious about these two, especially the boy.

after shue yun and fei stepped out of the clothing store, they proceeded to a nearby vendor to buy candied plums as fei had his eyes glued on them. shue yun smirked and somersaulted back and tapped changcong’s shoulder, “friend, you’ve been following us for a while. why don’t you step out instead, it’ll be more comfortable for you?”

changcong eyed him and responded, “who said i was following you?”

“you’ve been following us since we left the inn.”

“this is a big street. why don’t you accuse everyone around us of following you then?” taking out his pen, "i have a job to do and that is to write down events in wulin, now please excuse me." changcong dusted himself and walked in the opposite direction.

shue yun smiled, “so be it. i was going to invite you to join us.”

changcong turned around, "i do not plan to journey with anyone. thanks for the invitation."

changcong walked back to the inn, “maybe i'll have better luck trailing the three other men from last night. there’s still so much I don’t know about wulin.”
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-16-06 at 01:46 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

hey druid, thanks for posting for me in the unabridge thread. but i just editted my post and you placed the post before i completed the editting. can you please make these adjustments? thanks.

or if you want to delete your post, i can re-post the editted version.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

(continuing from Dugu Qiu Bai's post)

After Zong Yueh and Jian Yi introduced Li Kang to Bei Xing, the four had a chat till the wee hours of dawn. All four recounted their past and how they came to be at this moment in the present. Resting briefly, Bei Xing and Jian Yi took turns trying to surpress Li Kang's disease.

At about seven in the morning, all four met downstairs and decided that they would travel as a group to the conference. However, Zong Yueh and Jian Yi did not mention a word about ZWJ and how Jian Yi was related to him....

as changcong stepped into the inn, he saw that another man had joined the three lodgers from last night and they were just about to finish their breakfast...

continuing where Changcong left..

Shue Yun and Szema Fei decided to get some various tasty mini dishes from the stalls all around the town. There were many delightful food on display and Szema Fei's mouth was watering.
    Shue Yun smiled at Szmea Fei and said "Today we will have whatever food our hearts content, go on and just tell me what you would like" Szema Fei felt no one has ever been this nice to him before and was extremely happy. He happily started looking around for what he wanted.
    As they walked Shue Yun thought to himself, why are the wulin people following Szema Fei? what do they want from him...
    He thought there was something particurly suspicious about the frail old man.
    "this heroes conference is going to be a very interesting on indeed so many questions need to be answered" as he smirked and whispered at himself.

(which is about seven/eight in the morning?)

"Say... that old man over there... there is something about him..." said Li Kang even though he had his eyes closed.

"yes.. something about him that does not seem right." replied Jian Yi.

"his Internal strength is not very high yet is well above average." commented BeiXing

"well well... Guess I would have to go find ou eh?" replied a smiling Zong Yueh.

"be careful brother! There are all kinds of people in Jiang Hu." cautioned Li Kang.

With that, Zong Yueh approached the seemly old man...

(i say it's about 9 or 10 am as my character was following fei and i am not sure if the kid has enough discipline to wake up so early)

“now what?” thought changcong as he immediately brought his hand to his flute.

from across the room, jian yi muttered, “brother li, do you notice how he’s holding onto the flute?”

“yes, i don’t think it’s an ordinary flute.”

zong yueh cupped his hands, “greetings, elder. i am wang zong yueh.”

“who you are is not my business. now please get out of my way.” changcong approached the innkeeper, “please tally my bill.”

after paying the innkeeper, he brushed passed the four men and left the inn.

“brother jian yi, do you think we should follow him?” wondered zong yueh, "it's strange that a wulin historian such as him isn't interested in meeting more pugilists."

thinking about the situation, jian yi shook his head, “we have two other friends who are journeying with us. we should not waste their time. if fated, our paths will cross with his."

Bei Xing agreed, "yes, and the frail man cannot do the four of us much harm.”
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-16-06 at 02:56 AM.

As the four companions were about to leave, Li purposely brushed up against the old man.

"That's odd," he thought to himself. "for a seemingly frail old man, his nei gong is extremely yin...almost like that of a girls."
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

While eating little delights Szema Fei and Shue Yun continued walking down the street viewing all the merchandise that were for sale.
    They came near a big performance theatre.. Szema Fei while busily eating wasnt looking and bumped into a girl. Shue Yun saw the incident and quickly apologised to the girl. The girl blushed and said it was alright, as the two were about to leave the girl called out "hey you are wulin people are you not?"
    "Yes we are wulin masters" responded Szem Fei smirkshly.
    "Ahh how delightful I always wanted to meet more wulin masters.. my name is Ching Yuan please to meet you's"

this is prior to skyron's post.

changcong's eyes widened momentarily and his jawline tightened. he briefly looked at li kang and his friends and swore that he would remember all their faces...

the group of four saw his eyes and noticed the fire blazing behind them. maybe it was possible for this frail man to cause them some harm?

The four walk out of the inn.
    "we must follow the kid and the guy with him, lets forget about historian for now" said Jian Yi
    As they proceed to look for Szema Fei and Shue Yun, "I wonder who will be crowned the next wulin master at the heroes conference.. got any ideas or thoughts brother Li Kang?"
    Brother Li didn't seem as though he was listening as his thoughts were still fixated on the mysterious historian the he brushed up against at the inn.....

Ching Yuan invited Szema Fei and Shue Yun inside her fathers manor.
    She sat them down in the spacious and wonderous mansion, filled with brilliant lighting. Szema Fei had never been inside such a amazing place, he thought he was in some kind of a dream.
    "I have always enjoyed martial arts, I actually have aspirations of becoming a great pugilist, it's truly great to actually meet you two wulin masters here. I assume you are going to the heroes conference?"

Shue Yun taking a sip of his tea replied "Yes indeed we are heading to the heroes conference, just to witness a bit of martial arts action and to meet some of the greats of the marial arts world. Are you going as well?"

"Why yes I absolutely enjoy watching people duel and I think this heroes conference will feature quite a plenty of it" said Ching Yuan in a mezmerisingly sweet voice.

"wow sister Ching, you have such a nice mansion the best in the town!" spoke Szema Fei in astonishment.

"Yes indeed but I don't really fancy all these wealth and treasures, I'd rather leave all this and go on countless adventures and be hailed as a great heroine" responded Ching Yuan.

As the conversation continued... the four following Szema Fei and Shue Yun continued venturing the towns busy streets.

"That owner of the kebab store said he saw the two go into the performance hall" said Zong Yueh

They headed off towards the performing arts hall. They could see many martial arts people in all directions obviously all heading to the heroes conference.
    When suddenly they saw a fight about to break out outside a restaurant, they swiftly made their way there to see what was going on.
    They could see 8 fighters all had there weapons pointing at one guy.

"You fool, you do not need a table for 10 when you say your the only person that needs the table, and you dare to insult as dogs" screamed on of the eight.
    "haha you think you can fight us all at once who the hell do you think you are. It's more than likely you'll be descending into hell, I suggest you piss off you scumbag" spoke another.

The man replied with a deep voice and a evil snicker "he-he-he who do you filthy dogs think you are speaking to... I Xie Junh Lang will sit where ever I want and do whatever I please. you people are foolish enough to oppose me. I shall show no mercy then"

"Then so be it." the eight swung their swords and began unleashing series of sword stances at Xie Junh Lang.
    Xie Junh Lang drew then drew his black sword and unleashed one almighty sword stance, completely decimating the eight brothers, blood was splattering in all directions, but one was still barely alive "y-yo-you monster! you have killed my brothers" said the guy. Before another word was spoken Xie Junh Lang unleashed a vicious blow of his crimson palms right in the face of the guy, completely mutilating it.
    Zong Yueh, Jian Yi, Li Kang and Bei Xing were stunned by the ruthlessness, and viciousness in the way Xie Junh Lang had slaughtered his foes.

Bei Xing suddenly charged forward to launch attack on Xie Junh Lang with his iron sand palm, it was swiftly defended by Xie Junh Langs hurricane palms as it rendered the iron palms useless.
    Bei Xing then launched a string of continous Shaolin 72 staunches at Xie Junh Lang as Xie Junh replied with his mastered 76 apocalyptic dongfang techniques.
    Xie Junh increasingly gained the upper hand by utilizing all his inner power into his fighting moves. "Fool you dare to oppose my unstoppable martial arts, you've got to be joking" laughed Xie Junh Lang

Suddenly Zong Yueh, Jian Yi and Li kang all jumped forward to aid Bei XIng.
    "Are you alright brother Bei" queried Zong Yueh
    "yeah I'm fine, we must stop this evil person" replied Bie Xing

Xie Junh Lang knowing he had no chance facing those four martial artists after sensing there inner power levels, he quickly drew his poisonous smoke bombs from his pocket and launched it at the four.
    they quickly dodged the poisonous smoke bombs, as Xie Junh Lang drew his black dragon sword and launched multiple stances of his all powerful black dragon sword technique striking with powerful sword chi emmiting from the sword swings on Bei Xing in a surprise attack as Bei Xing was dodging the poison smokes, greatly injuring him. Xie junh lang then quickly launched more poison bombs at them. Li Kang used his Demon's game technique leaning three replicas of himself launched multiple attacks whuc Xie Junh Lang was barely able to with stand. Li Kang then struck Xie Junh Lang's chest with a mighty palm strike, Xie Junh began to spit out blood, he had no choice but to throw more of his poison in order to distract. Li Kang was easily able to dodge the poison bombs but at the smell of the poison Li Kangs disease suddenly worsened his disease and began to vomit blood. Zong Yueh and Jian Yi who about to confront Xie Junh Lang, could not bare leaving there two friends who were behind quickly attended to them while Xie Junh Lang laughed viciously and escaped from the carnage.
    Last edited by xsniper; 04-17-06 at 08:14 AM.

changcong observed the fight from a secret corner and smirked as he saw the four suffer and his eyes followed xie junh lang's fleeting figure, “hard to imagine such deadly strokes and ruthlessness.” then he looked at bei xing, “why are his strokes so similar to my dragonfly sword stance?”

suddenly, two hands held onto both of his shoulders and a female voice rang, “sneaking like that, you must not be a good guy.”

another female voice said, “senior sect sister, no need to say more, let’s contain this man.”

the two women unsheathed their swords and attacked changcong who grabbed his flute and withdrew a sword from it, so that old flute really was not ordinary afterall! while fighting, changcong could not help but notice some similarities between er mei’s sect swordplay and his dragonfly sword stance, thus he was easily able to subdue them and immobilized them.

changcong turned around, “i didn’t think that er mei disciples would act so irrationally.”

from inside jian yi was tending to bei xing’s wound and looked up. when he recognized the frail old man, he asked, “why are you following us?”

changcong approached the four, “strange, there was a major fight here. it was natural for me just like the rest of the crowd to gather around and observe. so is everyone else here following you as well?”

zong yueh shook his head, “older brother, this lam chongcong will not be honest with us. there’s no need to interrogate him.”

changcong commented, “so you already know who i am. then you should know that as wulin’s historian, i do not harm or take sides. my job is to collect facts and write them down.”

one of the er mei’s disciples smiled and said, “so you are elder lam changcong. please pardon us er mei disciples for offending you.”

the other said, “si fu requested that we find you. though you're still new, the wulin sect leaders have recognized that your account of events are thorough and unbiased, hence they want to invite you to record the events at the upcoming hero’s conference. if you follow us then we guarantee you will get a good seat.”

seeing that this would be the perfect opportunity to do more investigation as he could hear the conversations at the hero’s conference more clearly, changcong agreed.

the er mei disciples looked at the four men, “brothers, your two friends are ill. it’s unfortunate the er mei sect is a group full of women so it would be inconvenient have have you return with us. we're sorry.”

li kang coughed more as his injury worsened his disease. jian yi transferred his qi to him and when done, said, “don’t worry about it” looking at li kang, “the sooner we find shui dou yi the better.”

changcong looked at the four men one last time and actually felt some guilt for not helping them. but he quickly brushed that thought aside and left with the er mei disciples.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-17-06 at 12:05 AM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Meanwhile at the edge of town...

Citizens ran, doors flung closed, and items of every kind flung everywhere as two men battled violently with superior martial arts. One of the men, a guy dressed in Taoist robes, jabbed his sword at his opponent, another man dressed in red and blue. "I won't let you and your dumb and evil sect cause trouble at the Heroes' Conference!"

"You can't stop me nor any of my sect," replied as the man in red and blue slashed at the Taoist's throat. "Pathetic people from Wudang..."

(continuing from Pat's post)

As the Er-mei Sec left with Lam Changchong, Jian Yi was still tending to both BeiXing and Li Kang. Zong Yueh was away buying medicine to treat both injuried men.

Although, Jian Yi had already transfered part of his Qi to Li Kang, Li Kang was still very much in pain due to the high level toxicity of the posion while BeiXing only suffered external injuries.

Left with no choice, Jian Yi then sealed some of BeiXing's accupoint to stop the bleeding. At this moment, Li Kang cried out in pain. Jian Yi was at a loss at what to do.

"Transfer your Qi to him Brother Wang and purge out the posion within Brother Li. Do not worry about me. I'll live." Replied BeiXing as he too began to generate his own Qi.

Wasting no time, Jian Yi then began to transfered even more of his 9Yang Qi to purge out the poison.

"Damn that guy for this! I swear I'll hunt him down and make him pay!" Thought BeiXing as his body began to repair itself...

Xie Junh Lang had escaped towards the the lake, people were petrified of him even the

guards were trembling...
    One of the servants quickly ran to report to Ching Yuan of what had just occured.
    "They are saying some psychotic evil is on the loose, he slayed eight wulin fighters. Four

other wulin fighters tried to stop him aswell but two were injured and now that wicked

person escaped somewhere" said the servant.
    "I see thanks can you please quickly report the information to my father" Replied Ching

Yuan.
    Shue Yun thought to himself the four wulin people were most likely to be the people that

were following Szema Fei and himself. "The person that caused the chaos is most likely a

great wulin fighter, he must also be heading to the heroes conference aswell" said Shue Yun

calmly. "I would like to have a look at the situation it would be best ms. Ching Yuan if

you could look after my brother Szema Fei for a while here"
    "But big brother I want to go see the action as well" said Szema Fei anxiously while Ching

Yuan also agreed they should go with him. "Yeah we won't be any hassle" sweetly smiled

Ching Yuan.
    SHue Yun thought a for a short while and smiled "Alright if you both insist, we shall go

together then!" replied Shue Yun.
    They made their way out of the manor... they saw alot of people on the streets looking

petrified. "Excuse me sir do you know which direction the evil person went? asked Shue yun

politely. "yyyes... I b-believe he headed of in the direction towards the lake" replied the

stunned man. "Thank you very much sir" aknoweledged Shue yun and Ching yuan.
    they headed off towards the direction of the lake, along the way they could see puddles of

blood and corpses randomly. "Oh dear lord what monster would slaughter so many innocent

people" asked Ching Yuan frightenly. Shue yun quickly examined one of the corpses...
    The wounds on the skin were very deep "hmm the person who did this has a very dark and powerful internal energy, I suspect he used just one palm attack and was able to deal this much ferocity" said a concerned Shue Yun. "The blood on the corpses are still relatively warm so he isn't that far away."
    Szema Fei suddenly felt a sense of horror in him. As they approached the lake there was a lot of bushes and trees along the way. This is certainly a great place to get ambushed thought Ching Yuan. Shue Yun was in deep focus as they continued trodding, suddenly he felt a surge of dark force behind him. "So you have revealed youself, friend" laughed Shue Yun.
    "Friend.. don't make me laugh, if I were you I would be praying to go to hell swiftly." said Xie Junh Lang. Shue Yun quickly recognised the tone of his voice was not fluent chinese. "I do not wish to fight you friend, I can see your not orginally from China." replied Shue Yun.
    Xie Junh Lang with his kill qi growing laughed "I do not like wasting my time with little fiends like you three. Say hi to hell for me" as he launched a crimson fist at Shue Yun. The attack was effortlessly defended by Shue Yun with his heavenly mercury palms, he the quickly counter attacked with his huo xing zhang. They continued exchanging many different stanches. Xie Junh Lang quickly became aware that Shue Yun was no pushover even though he felt his internal power was enough to crush Shue Yun. He began to launch many different venomous stances of his 76 apocalyptic arts of dongfang against Shue Yun. Shue was easily able to see clearly each stance and its faults, he replicated every stance that was unleashed at him with his Sheng Xing Zhao Shu.Xie Junh Lang getting increasingly frustrated he drew his black dragon sword and unleashed many vicious stances of the black dragon at Shue Yun. Shue Yun also drew his Shue xing sheng jian to take densive action against the ever aggressive XIe Junh Lang. As more and more stances were exchanged it became a clear standstill with neither taking a upper hand. Xie Junh Lang became a little worried that other wulin fighters might soon come and find him, it would take a lot longer to defeat Shue Yun... Shue Yun smiled "You are too eager with your strikes to kill, you would never be able to defeat me like this.. you are using to much qi and I have not even showed you half of my techniques" Xie Junh Lang in frustration quickly drew one of his poison bombs and launched it at Szema Fei and Ching Yuan..

Ching Yuna using her pretty good qing gong dodged and pushed Szema Fei away from the poisonous bomb. Szema Fei fell pretty harshly on the ground ripping a bit of his clothes which revealed the Tattoo that was on his shoulder. Xie Junh Lang was shocked when he saw the tattoo on the back of Szema Fei's shoulders. "So ruthless you are.. Xie Jun Lang yet you call yourself a great, using such underhand tactics." Screamed Ching Yuan
    Wasting no time he quickly launched two more posinous bombs at Ching yuan, she was able to dodge one of them but was unable to fully dodge the other and was partailly wounded by the other and fell unconsciously on the ground. He quickly turned at Shue Yun and launched one at him aswell, but he was able to swiftly deflect it with his cloud disppersing palms and struck Xie Junh Lang with his heavens divine heart fist which launched Xie Junh Lang backwards with incredible force. Shue Yun had seen the tattoo on Szema Fei's shoulders.. he thought to himself hmm thats why those people have been following Szema Fei. "Xie Junh Lang leave now, we shall meet again soon at the heroes conference. you know you cannot defeat me right now." said Shue Yun calmly.
    As much as Xie Junh Lang wanted to distintegrate Shue Yun to pieces at that moment, he had other important that he had yet to attend to. He finally chose to flee "We'll sure meet again" screamed Xie Junh Lang furiously.
    Shue Yun then quickly attended to the poisoned and unconscious Ching yuan, he began transfering some of his qi with his Heavenly mercury palms.
    Szema Fei quickly got up and went to Shue yun looking frightened. "Don't worry young brother he's gone now and I doubt he'll be back anytime soon" Shue yun smiled at Szema Fei.
    "We better get Ching yuan sister back to her fathers manor aswell"
    Shue Yun carried Ching yuan on his shoulders and began carrying her back to the town.
    In his duel with Xie Junh Lang he had memorized some of his techniques, he also figured that Xie Junh Lang was not a lone warrior he was most likely sent by some greater evil to attend the heroes conference.

(back to the four guys at the inn...)

Zong Yueh returned at long last with the herbs and medicine, only see Li Kang unconscious; BeiXing deep in medition and Jian Yi with a worried look on his face. Signs of exhaustion were also clearly shown on Jian Yi's face.

"Whats wrong brother?" Asked Zong Yueh as he tend to BeiXing.

"Everything. Although i have purged out the poison from Brother's Li body, his condition is even worse now then before. Granted, with Brother BeiXing's help and your skill in herbs, we could have suppressed the spread of his disease. Yet with his condition deteriorating and Brother BeiXing been injuried, I alone can only do so much to help him. We must find the divine doctor soon. He does not have much time left." replied Jian Yi with a sad look at Li Kang.

"Do not be sad brother! We will do everything to help Brother Li. Things have been going down hill since we discovered that boy and his tatto! For now, we must travel to the Conference fast. Hopefully the doctor will be there... and your... mas... eh Elder Zhang would help us!" replied Zong Yueh
    Last edited by druid; 04-17-06 at 02:16 AM.

Continue from where Xie Junh Lang flees...

Xie Junh Lang sat besides the lake disgusted at his efforts, he unleashed a series of palm blasts at the water. "I would have never thought there are so many high class martial artists in China... there are so many obstacles in my way. My internal power does not allow me to defeat more than one good fighter at a time."
    He stared at his reflection in the lake... 'maybe the kid was right my techniques are flawed, it needs to be much more refined if I'm to ever conquer the martial arts world. Even though I felt my internal power was above the kids I was unable to defeat him, his understanding of martial arts was exceptional, he was able to counter all of my attacks... his stances were also so vast..'
    'Yet if I did not get hit by that palm attack from Li Kang, no matter how good the kids techniques were I wouldve broken through with my overpowering techniques.., now my conditions have worsened since I was also struck by him'
    'sigh.. Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle, I will have my vengeance!!'
    with those thoughts he got up he thought to himself that he probably should go and report of finding the kid with the tattoo...

Quote Originally Posted by xsniper
    Continue from where Xie Junh Lang flees...

Xie Junh Lang sat besides the lake disgusted at his efforts, he unleashed a series of palm blasts at the water. "I would have never thought there are so many high class martial artists in China... there are so many obstacles in my way. My internal power does not allow me to defeat more than one good fighter at a time."
    He stared at his reflection in the lake... 'maybe the kid was right my techniques are flawed, it needs to be much more refined if I'm to ever conquer the martial arts world. Even though I felt my internal power was above the kids I was unable to defeat him, his understanding of martial arts was exceptional, he was able to counter all of my attacks... his stances were also so vast..'
    'Yet if I did not get hit by that palm attack from Li Kang, no matter how good the kids techniques were I wouldve broken through with my overpowering techniques.., now my conditions have worsened since I was also struck by him'
    'sigh.. Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle, I will have my vengeance!!'
    with those thoughts he got up he thought to himself that he probably should go and report of finding the kid with the tattoo...
    Ban Meihua had been watching the fight, and the people. She'd always been observant, but never interfered with anything that wasn't part of her business. <This is very interesting....> Ban Meihua continued to watch and follow in secret.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵