Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

er. what is this?
    LOCH06????
    by who???

I'm not saying i dislike Ariel. She certainly can look quite cute, but its like having someone like, say, LYF act the part of Mei Jue or something... it's almost that extreme to me...
    or if you don't know who they are another example would be erm... I think Vicki Zhao Wei is relatively well know, so basically, Vicki acting as someone like XLN. Doesn't work for me at all...

basically, i'm not an ariel fan, but i don't dislike her. I'm just saying that she's not good for the role, and no one is going to watch a version of LOCH so soon after ZJZ's production with an average looking cast. No eye candy, no classic feel etc.

but the collabration part (with TW, HK, CN type) is gonna bring in the money...
    it will be aired across Asia and if it is a funky version of LOCH, like it or not, it is for younger audiences... maybe not for fans of JY novels but younger generations who have not read the novel

Quote Originally Posted by darkchoki
    but the collabration part (with TW, HK, CN type) is gonna bring in the money...
    it will be aired across Asia and if it is a funky version of LOCH, like it or not, it is for younger audiences... maybe not for fans of JY novels but younger generations who have not read the novel
    It will be light hearted fun.. something different for a change I say, I'm sure the less the expectations on this series.. might just turn out to be a masterpiece you never know..

Quote Originally Posted by rumikochan
    Most actresses that acted as HR are short. So Ariel being short is not a problem. I don't think she's even close to chubby. Maybe just the cheek but that's what make her soo adorable imo. If you've watch Ariel's other drama, she does not look clueless all the time except in ISWAK, that's her character. I think Ariel can pull off the cunning clever HR. Not beautiful but very cute. I think it's too early to judge, it's best to watch and see. Before I watched TWFX, I could never imagine Ariel in ancient but I think she managed to pull off the character Xiao Qi nicely. This is all my opinion and it seem many here don't agree but as a huge Ariel fan, I felt that I should support her despite all the critics and I truly think she's suitable for HR character.

I'm behind you on this one. Ariel is not anywhere near as bad looking as many people here have stated. She's very cute, adorable and VERY likeable. She has a very nice nose too (tall and slender). My ideal GJ and HR at the moment is definitely Hu Ge and Ariel. After watching TWFX, they just seem more and more like those 2 famous Jin Yong characters. Hu Ge looks like a very honest and kind person, and Ariel has that mischievous look that doesn't come across as cunning and calculating at all. Instead, she has that very cute and innocent clever looks.

Quote Originally Posted by rikastar
    According to what the reporter found out, LOCH2006 will have a heavier focus on Yang Kang character, "In the novel, Jin Yong focuses more on Guo Jing but Yang Kang is actually a conflicted character which also includes his relationship with Mu Nianci." Although LOCH2003 has its fans and critics, but it cant be denied that its one of the most talked about novels under Jin Yong. Ms Cai said that Li Guoli production of LOCH will be different in terms of style and will be more in touch with reality and focus more on the story.
    Seems like a load of vapid soundbites to me, because this Ms Cai might as well be describing LOCH03. The higher prominence given to the doomed romance of Yang Kang & Mu Nianci is one of the reasons why LOCH03 had a darker tone than the original text. And what does she mean by "more in touch with reality [and] the story"?

I admire LOCH03 a great deal, but after a lot of head-scratching trying to think of why it was so poorly received, I do realise that it's not for everyone. The way it's filmed and acted – measured, austere, nostalgic – accords the novel the weighty status of classic literature, and if this is how you read Jin Yong, the adaptation is impressive and even on occasions brilliant. You won't see many series like it.

ZJZ came in for a lot of criticism because of LOCH03, but his biggest failing is that he misjudged his audience. By the looks of it, the majority of viewers don't want ZJZ's vision of Jin-Yong-as-classic-literature; they'd prefer something more accessible and colourful, with likeability (rather than raw acting technique) being the most important factor in casting, and maybe a bit of cartoony humour on the side. This is the tone of the recent HSDS, and I expect it'll be the tone of this new adaptation – 'popular' Jin Yong, rather than 'reverential' Jin Yong.

So Li Guoli might do just fine, as he's targeting a different market to LOCH03's. Maybe the existence of a director producing good-quality 'Jin Yong-lite' might even encourage ZJZ to stick to his original vision. His ROCH06 feels like an admission of defeat.

I can safely say the wardrobe wiill end up artic clothing with modern touch like Flying Fox Snowy Mountain 06. Along with the weird permed hairdos. Recycled Twins Effect.

As much as I really like Hu Ge and Ariel, having another remake of LOCH may not be the best thing since people who will watch it are just the ones that are BIG fans of them or watch series just for the cast. I don't watch series just for the cast, so I may not see this since I am tired of remakes. I think this is just being made to satisfy the fans who like ARiel and Hu Ge together. I do love them together, but in more original series not in a series like LOCH that has been remade many many times.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Cute Ariel

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.beelink.com.cn/20060414/beelink20060414mtm06.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    As much as I really like Hu Ge and Ariel, having another remake of LOCH may not be the best thing since people who will watch it are just the ones that are BIG fans of them or watch series just for the cast. I don't watch series just for the cast, so I may not see this since I am tired of remakes. I think this is just being made to satisfy the fans who like ARiel and Hu Ge together. I do love them together, but in more original series not in a series like LOCH that has been remade many many times.
    Same here. One of the things I like about watching series is being surprised by things that happen. It doesn't work when you've already seen the series 5 times already. It just gets boring after awhile. I mean, it'd be ok if they made this several years from now when I haven't seen LOCH in years and I might miss it... but now?

I can understand most people cant picture HG and Ariel as GJ and HR, however first impression dosnt matter, if yo have seen TYFX you would understand, most people think HG is a crap actore, i wonder where did you get that form...

Jelous cause he acts with hot chix or?

Anyways thats not the cause, the cause is if you watched TYFX you would know Ariel and HG can act and there fore will do well in this series.

I wanna see some good choreographed fight scenes no of the bs flying around etc lol

I wonder who plays Ou Yang Feng?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    Same here. One of the things I like about watching series is being surprised by things that happen. It doesn't work when you've already seen the series 5 times already. It just gets boring after awhile. I mean, it'd be ok if they made this several years from now when I haven't seen LOCH in years and I might miss it... but now?

LOCH 2003 just doesn't count, IMO. It's like eating salads for lunch. I could eat all the salads I want, but still wouldn't get that satisfaction that comes from eating something "good". It just doesn't hit it, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHe
    Anyways thats not the cause, the cause is if you watched TYFX you would know Ariel and HG can act and there fore will do well in this series.
    I thought HG acted better in Chinese Paladin and Liao Zai as compared to TWFX, his character in TWFX was just sorta bland imo. Im actually not too keen in seeing him as GJ, he just does better in bright and outgoing roles. Ariel is a good actress, though abit over the top and exaggerating at times, she's still decent considering that she's a taiwanese idol series actress, most of her fellow associates cannot act for nuts, unless you count forced emotions, exaggerated expressions, tons of screaming or just plain wooden as acting. Plus, Ariel has the cute factor to help her out, though im not so sure how she would fare as HR but i'll just give her a chance, anyway there's nothing to be done since she has already gotten the role. Anyway, i think her shortness will work to her advantage since HR is supposed to be petite in size anyway, if i remember correctly. If she can make up for the lack of gorgeous looks with good acting, charm, charisma and cuteness, then all's fine by me.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-20-06 at 12:04 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i'm not too thrilled with the choice of actors and actresses...but I wouldn't mind seeing a new version just to see what sort of special effects they put in this show...hopefully they will focus on better individual fight scenes...

that was one of the main problem with LOCH2003...there was no good individual fight scenes...i did like it for the epic feeling that you got from watchign the show...but the lack of good individual fight scenes was disappointing especially after watching XAJH2001.
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I wonder who plays Ou Yang Feng?
    .... did you mean Ou Yang Ke?

I am watching TWFX right now and love HG and ARiel together. I think he is a good actor and has a lot of potential. He also sings really well too. I am just tired of remakes... But all I want to say is, no matter how good of an actor or actress is, they cannot be liked by everyone.
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-20-06 at 04:48 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    .... did you mean Ou Yang Ke?
    Oh, why not? I wonder who are cast for these two actors?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Another one so soon!?

As far as remakes go, LOCH 2003 was pretty damn good. I really don't like the choice of actors, but I will probably watch it anyway since I love the story so much
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.