Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    i'm afraid that this series will turn out to be half wuxia/comedy series.
    i think it's be pop culture meets wuxia

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i think it's be pop culture meets wuxia
    most likely it will...they'll probably try something different. hard to compete with '03. especially with leads...huge and ariel? cant take these two seriously. they look like comedians.

most likely it will...they'll probably try something different. hard to compete with '03. especially with leads...huge and ariel? cant take these two seriously. they look like comedians.

comedians! Well, Hu Ge does have a pretty lighthearted, comical feel about him... that's why i think he's a bad choice for GJ.

i mean the director went for a very modern feel with CP, pop music, CG everywhere, cute stuff, lame jokes, made for 10 year olds pretty much... hope that it's not going to happen with LOCH. i don't fancy seeing a dumbed down version of it.

comedians! Well, Hu Ge does have a pretty lighthearted, comical feel about him... that's why i think he's a bad choice for GJ.

i mean the director went for a very modern feel with CP, pop music, CG everywhere, cute stuff, lame jokes, made for 10 year olds pretty much... hope that it's not going to happen with LOCH. i don't fancy seeing a dumbed down version of it.
    if anything, JY will ban them from making a sequel.

if anything, JY will ban them from making a sequel.
    maybe Hu Ge and Ariel will star in ROCH turned modern
    i actually don't think hu ge is bad for yang guo at all... no comment on ariel before they come kill me again.

JY won't ban them unless they seriously butcher up the story. That doesn't seem likely at the moment. i think they're more likely to butcher the characters.

maybe Hu Ge and Ariel will star in ROCH turned modern
    i actually don't think hu ge is bad for yang guo at all... no comment on ariel before they come kill me again.

JY won't ban them unless they seriously butcher up the story. That doesn't seem likely at the moment. i think they're more likely to butcher the characters.
    maybe i'm a little bias toward ariel. the past hr looks different from her. i dont see the cunning/cleverness/intelligent look on her. she looked cute and dumb...that's about it.

Hey, if JY approved of Wong Jing's Flying Fox, I think he'll approve anything nowadays. Old age must be affecting him.

To think he chastised TVB's '99 Flying Fox and Taiwan's ROCH (Richie Ren) when he allowed WJ to massacre one of his stories. Not to say I approve of those adaptations, but it's rather unfair...
    Last edited by tweety365; 07-07-06 at 08:56 PM.

maybe i'm a little bias toward ariel. the past hr looks different from her. i dont see the cunning/cleverness/intelligent look on her. she looked cute and dumb...that's about it.
    yea, she's cute but doesn't look intelligent or cunning.
    the only thing i think will be a definite plus is the chemistry between hu ge and ariel. It's just a matter of how well they play their roles, and whether the director is planning to make LOCH a modern pop adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    Hey, if JY approved of Wong Jing's Flying Fox, I think he'll approve anything nowadays. Old age must be affecting him.

To think he chastised TVB's '99 Flying Fox and Taiwan's ROCH (Richie Ren) when he allowed WJ to massacre one of his stories. Not say I approve of those adaptations, but it's rather unfair...
    maybe he doesn't care about flying fox anymore... i'm sure LOCH will affect him more. Maybe Wong Jing bribed him

maybe he doesn't care about flying fox anymore... i'm sure LOCH will affect him more. Maybe Wong Jing bribed him
    You do have a point regarding LOCH. The Condor Trilogy is more popular than little Flying Fox...

I guess when it all comes down to it, money really does the talking. Very depressing notion though.

Firstly, I have to state that Im a Ariel fan and a fan of those olden days show.

Erm, pardon me from saying this but Im kinda tire of see-ing Hu Ge in most of the shows. First in chinese paladin, then tian wai fei xian. Soon, it'll be all him! (pls dont let this happen). I have to admit that he's a good actor who can take on diff roles. However I find it tough to accept him parring with ariel again. It'll just remind me of TWFX again. I think Hu Ge need a make-over of he's acting as YK. Do u all notice that only his hairstyle changes from his role as Xiao Yao (chinese paladin) to Dong Yong (TWFX). The outfits in both shows are kinda similar as they give u the modern feel!
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    Firstly, I have to state that Im a Ariel fan and a fan of those olden days show.

Erm, pardon me from saying this but Im kinda tire of see-ing Hu Ge in most of the shows. First in chinese paladin, then tian wai fei xian. Soon, it'll be all him! (pls dont let this happen). I have to admit that he's a good actor who can take on diff roles. However I find it tough to accept him parring with ariel again. It'll just remind me of TWFX again. I think Hu Ge need a make-over of he's acting as YK. Do u all notice that only his hairstyle changes from his role as Xiao Yao (chinese paladin) to Dong Yong (TWFX). The outfits in both shows are kinda similar as they give u the modern feel!
    yea, when i first saw pics of Hu Ge in TWFX, i thought it was CP again. It seemed so similar to CP. Very modern feel to both of them, which is why i think this adaptation of LOCH will be very upbeat and modern. I think it's fine for a game, but to me, LOCH is a classic, and i don't know about modernising it

I understand how you feel about seeing the same faces. It's how i feel about HXM and LYF.

Yup, I've this feeling as well... Had watched HG's CP, TWFX & Liao Zhai Zhi Yi with Yang Mi, I thought all 3 characters that he played were so similar that kept reminding of the previous dramas. Seems like I can't find a 'fresh' feeling from HG.
    We have to wait and see if Ariel can fits the role of HR but probably Barbara Yung's HR is a forever classic which none able to replace!

Personally speaking, I'm tired of remakes after remakes; especially when the last remake was just like 3 yrs ago or so. Is the Chinese fiction world so limited in what can be adapted to the small screen as a serial that everyone and their dog is reharshing the same tired old novels over and over again, with the difference being that major characters are killed off just to make one's remake of a remake stands out of the earlier remakes?

I'm gonna give up on China serials since there's nothing original going on and go watch TVB.
    Last edited by Surferket; 07-08-06 at 10:24 AM.

I haven't even see the LOCH 2003 version and now the 2006 is in production? lol..
    (since i'm still new to chinese wuxia drama thing, ROCH06 my first wuxia drama)
    these people should get more creative and explore new storyline instead of depending on jin yong for scripts hehe Thank goodness, I managed to finish TLL and HSDS last couple of months before they start making a new remake lol
    be happy

got confused here, so is it confirmed?? and all the casts too?? Can sumone list all the casts involved? thanks

i definitely will not watch this.

LOCH is played out. i hope not to see another LOCH series until at least 9-10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    i definitely will not watch this.

LOCH is played out. i hope not to see another LOCH series until at least 9-10 years from now.
    i just dont watch anything that has ariel in it.

yeah...thanks for the warning. i see a "love contract" dvd laying around the house somewhere.

I like the story of LOCH, Ariel and Hu Ge, but GOSH.... I am SO sick of all these remakes... Plus, the most recent remake was only 3 years ago... WHY make another one so soon?? Are they truly running out of stories?? OR are they just wanting to promote the new stars???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.