Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Yuan Hong is getting more popular after The Yang Warriors was aired in various parts of China. In that show, Yelu Xie outshines most of the Yang brothers. This version focus more on YK, there might be a possibility Yuan Hong can be more popular than Hu Ge when LOCH airs in China.

The YK actor has reallly wide eyes...like he looks a tad bit surprised in his pictures

He looks good in ancient costumes...but not really all that great to me in modern outfits
    I like me.

does anyone know if this one is out yet?

No, this is not even done filming yet since Hu Ge was injured... It definately won't be out until next year.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The trailer looks so good!!! I'm so excited. THis looks much better than LOCH 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIAeZu0mCAc

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony
    The trailer looks so good!!! I'm so excited. THis looks much better than LOCH 2003

i'd say. the trailer looks very promising...much better than loch 94 as much as i love to look at julian.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i'd say. the trailer looks very promising...much better than loch 94 as much as i love to look at julian.
    im sorry but you just cant judge a whole series just by looking at the trailer and to be honest the trailer doesn't show much drama as compared to the ost of the 94 version. please remember that newer doest mean better. You need to fully watch the whole series before you can judge.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i agree we shouldnt judge the whole story just by the trailer, i mean, lots of movies disappointed me despite the good trailer...but id have to say, LOCH06 trailer definitely rocks...i really like Yang Kang in here, he had the charisma and the looks...a total opposite of Zhou Jie's Yang Kang in 03. the fighting sequence look nice too....however, i wont put my hopes up too much on this until i actually see it....the cg might provide more thrill but if the acting is bland the series is going down either way....plus i have never seen the lead casts act so i dont really know what to expect from this series...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-13-06 at 12:09 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

yeah i hope this series turn out to be good but i think judging it based on a trailer is premature at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacophony

yep, it sure looks good. and ariel looks like she'll be a great huang rong. although i love zhou zun's too.

the yang kang here definitely looks better than the yk in loch03.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by dantruon
    im sorry but you just cant judge a whole series just by looking at the trailer and to be honest the trailer doesn't show much drama as compared to the ost of the 94 version. please remember that newer doest mean better. You need to fully watch the whole series before you can judge.
    funny, i never said newer is better. i still maintain that loch83 is the best i've seen. and i said it "looks" promising...nowhere did i say that it is guaranteed to be better. and it really won't take much to beat loch94 since athena's portrayal was really bad as hr.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

have to say I'm impressed after giving it such low expectations.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Whoa! Another LOCH adaptation, but I do have to admit the trailer looks promising. A lot of eye candies comparing to the 2003's version and YH is more of age than the 1994's version (though in some scene he looks similar to HXM), even though Gallen do look quite dashing but just a little too old. The action sequences look cool too, though a little bit over the top in one scene where KJ shoot stands on top of a horse that is about to throw him off. Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by move2tbeats
    The action sequences look cool too, though a little bit over the top in one scene where KJ shoot stands on top of a horse that is about to throw him off. Is that even possible?
    anything in fantasy is possible, wuxia no exclusion...have you not gotten to that fact yet?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

The CGI better be good, cos these directors usually have cartoon like CGI that makes me laugh my belly off.

yeah cant forget the fight between OuYang Feng and Hong QiGong in LOCH03. The cg of the sharks flying around being blasted by the two of them was hillarious...!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    anything in fantasy is possible, wuxia no exclusion...have you not gotten to that fact yet?

My bad. I must have not watched a wuxia series in a very long time and forgotten the rules. The last wuxia series I watched was the HSDS 2003, and went all with all the Matrix moves.
    Last edited by move2tbeats; 12-14-06 at 02:59 PM.

This is LITE/idol adaptation is going to be so boring, I'm not even going to hold my breath.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by move2tbeats
    My bad. I must have not watched a wuxia series in a very long time and forgotten the rules. The last wuxia series I watched was the HSDS 2003, and went all with all the Matrix moves.

yeah, i hate that those matrix moves too, the one with slo-mo and stuff...how unreal...although fantasy is unreal, but still...id prefer wire than the stunts that are not even at par with Matrix... Matrix is my all time fav and seeing all the other movies trying hard to copy action seq in the matrix doesnt make it fresh no more...but the original definitely stays...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    yeah, i hate that those matrix moves too, the one with slo-mo and stuff...how unreal...although fantasy is unreal, but still...id prefer wire than the stunts that are not even at par with Matrix... Matrix is my all time fav and seeing all the other movies trying hard to copy action seq in the matrix doesnt make it fresh no more...but the original definitely stays...
    matrix-like moves once in a while (when it's actually needed for slow mo) is good. but it seems recent series really like to overdose on the cgi effects. personally, i perfer normal coreographed martial arts during usual fights, and maybe a cgi effect for one of those "awe"-ing moves.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!