Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    The director for this series also directed Yang Warriors (along with Chinese Paladin and TWFX) so you see a lot of repeat actors. He also directs the Liao Zhai series so you'll probably see a lot of the Yang wives starring in the ghost stories as well.

I agree that the dubbed Huang Rong sounds pretty bad...her voice was too high and squeaky. And the kiss looked like it was initiated by HZ, not GJ so I'm not too worried.
    ooh. that explains it. thanks is this a zhang ji zhong production tho?
    the kiss actually looked like gj tripped over something

Yes, even from the trailer its obvious that changes to plot have been made...just have to see if they are for the better.

I've also noticed the 'recycling' of actors/actresses from Young Yang Warriors...which is nothing wrong because I thought many of them very promising. I have taken more notice of Nian Ci for example after seeing her performance as the doctor/Si Liang. I thought the Emperor a very handsome chap too, unusually so infact, but looks too intense and not charming enough for the notorious womaniser of Ou Yang Ke. He looks like someone suited to a main role of devoted lover.

As to the mains, I have yet to see the couple who can jointly express the fine balance of youthful companionship and mature love as described in the novel. The 80's version got the youthful companionship down pat and 01' version got the mature love bit, but I haven't no version I've seen so far have satisfactorily shown both. Or maybe the novel is simply amazing?

However, I am open to change and 'fresh fodder'. As much as I like originality too, I am always interested in new adaptions because they represent new perspectives to a beloved storyline and different ways of portraying given characters.

WHAT? HZ AND GJ KISS? WHERE? Nooooooooooooo.......i hate hz

lol have you guys noticed Li Guo Li likes to use the same music and same scenery for his series? Like that white bridge....I've seen it in TWFX, CP, Liao Zhai....

NuDaFu: haha don't worry, that guy (Li Jie) also played Lin Zhi Ping in XAJH, and boy was he creepy...
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    NuDaFu: haha don't worry, that guy (Li Jie) also played Lin Zhi Ping in XAJH, and boy was he creepy...
    Aha! That's where I've seen him before Young Yang Warriors! I thought he looked familiar. He was really, really good as Lin Ping Zhi after he turned evil...fabulous fighting finesse. Hope we see more of that in this new LOCH.

I've just seen 'that' trailer where GJ & HR kiss? Um...I think I'm blind, I don't see it. Which part is it. There is only YH & MNC kiss.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 03-31-08 at 10:45 PM.

lol not GJ and HR...I don't think they kiss. I thought you guys were talking about Guo Jing and Hua Zheng kissing.....? :S So I got confused and started spazzing out. I am very anti Hua Zheng. I didn't see it in the trailer though....where is it?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Wait, you guys/gals didn't see the kiss? Hmm, I guess it's not a very obvious one. Like ChineseChik said, it looks like Guo Jing trips over something and kind of runs into HZ/accidentally touches her face with his lips? Well, anyway, he doesn't mean to do it, of course. It's when HZ's eyes get really wide all of a sudden.

Oh, and here's another teaser (*almost* exactly the same as the old one, but with music ) Don't jump when the teaser suddenly goes from pure music/visual to music + the regular dialogue. It scared the wits out of me the first time
    credit to ihuge.net and nhuocy, I believe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwmtnpktl0A

Oh man, I can't wait to see LOCH... only a month away! I'm looking forward to seeing how this version compares with the way I envisioned the characters and story in the novel. Obviously, no version will be perfect, but I'm hoping it does a good job in its own unique way. NuDaFu, like you said, it'll be nice to see a fresh view of LOCH.

Some pics (credit to Sina blog user):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/cowsswim/7d748423f7a92e55ac34de4d.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/cowsswim/886364701662260935.jpg')

omg looks so good!! the trailer!!! and im surprised xie na is part of the cast! is this her first series?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

i just watched the trailer. i really like the song
    swimfishyswim06: when yang kang first started talking it was really wierd. lol. how come he does most of the talking in the trailer?

big master, umm, I'm not sure if it's Xie Na's first series, but she looks good! I'm not a huge fan of her character, but she's supposed to be fairly valiant in this version, so hopefully, I won't be too irritated by her love for Guo Jing.

ChineseChik, yeah, I really like the song, but the part where Yang Kang starts talking was really bizarre. Why did they suddenly switch over to talking and music at the same time? Did you notice that Huang Rong didn't say anything in that trailer? That gives me a little hope that maybe they're biding time to add in the dubbing with Ariel's real voice instead of the horrid (sorry, but the dubber is really horrid at the emotional parts) dubber. Ah well, if not, I'll still enjoy Ariel's acting, even if I have to listen to that cringeworthy dubbed voice.

New BTS on the news for LOCH, mostly of Yuan Hong and a bit of Hu Ge (thanks to Originale @ asianfanatics.net for finding):
    BTS LOCH
    《大探班》 射雕
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SHO1o9ln85I/ (上)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oxHtqx7o7FM/ (下)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FwiNq26SyI8/ (1)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GqCni1yOeOs/ (2)

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    big master, umm, I'm not sure if it's Xie Na's first series, but she looks good! I'm not a huge fan of her character, but she's supposed to be fairly valiant in this version, so hopefully, I won't be too irritated by her love for Guo Jing.

ChineseChik, yeah, I really like the song, but the part where Yang Kang starts talking was really bizarre. Why did they suddenly switch over to talking and music at the same time? Did you notice that Huang Rong didn't say anything in that trailer? That gives me a little hope that maybe they're biding time to add in the dubbing with Ariel's real voice instead of the horrid (sorry, but the dubber is really horrid at the emotional parts) dubber. Ah well, if not, I'll still enjoy Ariel's acting, even if I have to listen to that cringeworthy dubbed voice.

New BTS on the news for LOCH, mostly of Yuan Hong and a bit of Hu Ge (thanks to Originale @ asianfanatics.net for finding):
    BTS LOCH
    《大探班》 射雕
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/SHO1o9ln85I/ (上)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oxHtqx7o7FM/ (下)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FwiNq26SyI8/ (1)
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/GqCni1yOeOs/ (2)
    thanks for the info im not a huge fan of xie na but it just feels good to see her on screen in a series instead of just tv hostings ariel's voice is dubbed? i wish they'll get a decent dubber hehehehe
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

I still have difficulties understanding mandarin without subtitles...Is it possible if someone post up a brief summary of what's being said in the BTS? THANKS!!!

is ariel's mandarin good? isnt she from taiwan? they generally have horrible mandarin from people there. i dont think ive ever heard her real voice, unless the voice in little fairy was hers. but yeah, even so, the dubbing from the other trailer was horrible. to me it seemed like the video was kinda aimed at promoting yang kang, since it was him speaking like everything. but oh well. is that his real voice? cuz i dont really know whos using their real voice and whos dubbing. this is really confusing! lol
    i cant wait till this comes out!!!

Dang, no news on LOCH really. Hu Ge is now in Hong Kong doing the presscon for Butterfly Lovers, and I guess filming starts soon… so I wonder if there will be LOCH promos before it airs in May or not? I hope so, but who knows...

Big master
    Oh, I like Xie Na. I just don’t like her character from the LOCH novel very much. Heh, yeah, Ariel’s dubber is not so good (IMHO) =P I'd prefer her real voice.

JWalnut
    Sorry, I just kind of watch everything without understanding what’s being said. I wish I knew!

ChineseChik
    Yeah, Ariel’s Mandarin is good… it’s her first language, and Taiwanese is a second language for her. She’s not quite as "precise" as mainlanders, but she doesn’t have much of an accent, since Mandarin is her primary language. Nope, Ariel was dubbed in Little Fairy too. Haha, uhh, I’m not sure whose voice is real anymore or not. The last trailers kind of blended the real and dubbed voices, I think.

Yeah, Ariel’s Mandarin is good… it’s her first language, and Taiwanese is a second language for her.
    What language is Taiwanese? Isn't that a nationality? The Taiwanese speak mandarin like the mainlanders but with a different accent.

BTW is the music in the latest clip the official song for the series? It sounds very idolish, like the songs in Chinese Paladin and TWFX.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-13-08 at 05:54 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Yeah, Ariel’s Mandarin is good… it’s her first language, and Taiwanese is a second language for her. She’s not quite as "precise" as mainlanders, but she doesn’t have much of an accent, since Mandarin is her primary language. Nope, Ariel was dubbed in Little Fairy too. Haha, uhh, I’m not sure whose voice is real anymore or not. The last trailers kind of blended the real and dubbed voices, I think.
    There's no such language as Taiwanese. Taiwan people speak Mandarin too, just with a slightly different accent. So Ariel's Mandarin was dubbed in this series so it becomes more "Mainland".

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    There's no such language as Taiwanese. Taiwan people speak Mandarin too, just with a slightly different accent. So Ariel's Mandarin was dubbed in this series so it becomes more "Mainland".
    Part of the early history of Taiwan:
    "Originally, Taiwan was settled by people of Malay-Polynesian descent, who initially inhabited the low-lying coastal plains. They called their island Pakan. Beginning in the 14th century and continuing into the 18th century, large numbers of Chinese settlers from the Hoklo speaking province of Fukien and Hakka speaking province of Kwangtung arrived on Taiwan. Although "Han" Chinese, their purpose for emigrating was not for the territorial expansion of China but to flee local living conditions and taxes. They found a beautiful island inhabited by tribes of Malay-Polynesian people (aborigines.) "

Would that make the 'official' language Pakanese?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Part of the early history of Taiwan:
    "Originally, Taiwan was settled by people of Malay-Polynesian descent, who initially inhabited the low-lying coastal plains. They called their island Pakan. Beginning in the 14th century and continuing into the 18th century, large numbers of Chinese settlers from the Hoklo speaking province of Fukien and Hakka speaking province of Kwangtung arrived on Taiwan. Although "Han" Chinese, their purpose for emigrating was not for the territorial expansion of China but to flee local living conditions and taxes. They found a beautiful island inhabited by tribes of Malay-Polynesian people (aborigines.) "

Would that make the 'official' language Pakanese?
    official language should be mandrin. official language isn't always the "original" language of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Yes, there is. Taiwanese is Tai Yu (臺語), which is a variant of Min Nan Yu (閩南語).
    You can read more about it here.

Sunnysnow
    I’m not sure if the music in the latest clip is on the OST, but I don’t think so. They’ve put out several MVs for LOCH, but not with OST songs. Hu Ge was supposed to do one of the songs for LOCH, but I saw an old article that said he might not be anymore. So, yeah, the OST is all mysterious and unknown.

Bogeyman
    Yeah, Ariel’s Mandarin was dubbed to make it more “mainland,” although she's good at making her Mandarin more crisp when she wants to. *shrug* I guess it's understandable to want to make all of the voices match in terms of accent, but I just wish it weren't at the cost of voice acting quality. The dubbers who I've heard so far aren't the greatest at expressing intense emotion.

[Lol, where did the idea come from that Taiwanese isn’t a language? About half of Taiwan speaks pretty fluent Taiwanese, and most of the other half (at least the younger generation) knows at least a few words. The official language in Taiwan is Mandarin, and Taiwanese is known as the “family language”… it’s basically the same as the Hokkien dialect from Fujian province in China.]

ChineseChik
    thanks =)
    are there any of ariel's series in which u hear her real voice? i wanna check them out to try and hear her mandarin. does she use her real voice in tokyo juliet? cuz im watching that right now.