Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Personally, having never watched the 83 version of LOCH, I can't really say much about how the story differs.
    I've only watched the 2003 and 2008 version. And I love the 2008 version so much... it's crazy.

My grandma says the 83 version was the best though, and well, my grandma is like an asian entertainment expert. She actually introduced me to Jay Chou, and she's like, seventy-something? lmao.

Hu Ge is an amazing Guojing! And Ariel Lin played Huangrong really well! They are the cutest couple ever!

I think you really should take the time to read the novel, maybe then you realizes why i dislike this version because it pale in comparison to the novel.

Also you should be careful of saying things like '_____ is the best _____ ever!!' because there are some fanatics on this forum. There has been epic battles over who is the best XLN or ZM etc, more then a few lives have been lost. Remember to let people know that everything is an opinion and you're open to every comments.

(A chill still run down my spine remembering the shouting and banning over LYF as XLN.)
    Last edited by Huumanshadow; 12-06-08 at 01:36 PM.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Like I said previously, this version was FAR FAR from perfect, no doubt about that. But to say it's worst than Richie's ROCH...that a bit harsh don't you think...even from a critque point of view . I read the novel and this of course went far and wide from it. I think in term of sticking closest to the novel, both 94 version and 03 are probably most accurate. In term of fighting choregraphy and special effects, this probably the worst of the 4. Too bad they can't bring back SOD and AXJ's choregraphy. Then there's the actors and actresses view. We are not going down that road of course...with all the previous threads, even the latest HSDS thread was already messy from that debate. I think the unanimous choice is pretty much, "there is no such thing as a perfect version"

Whoa...you're right, that comparison was unfair, i sincerely apologizes...
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow View Post
    I think you really should take the time to read the novel, maybe then you realizes why i dislike this version because it pale in comparison to the novel.
    You're right, I should read the novel. It's sitting on my shelves, dusty and unread.
    As much as I love the show, I'm not very good in my chinese, so I find the book hard to understand, as I don't know most of the terms used.

Quote Originally Posted by aw_smileys View Post
    You're right, I should read the novel. It's sitting on my shelves, dusty and unread.
    As much as I love the show, I'm not very good in my chinese, so I find the book hard to understand, as I don't know most of the terms used.
    so your book in chinese language? you can read the english translation in here, i think somewhere in wuxia translation thread, i supposed , i've read the old and the last edition, i'm addicted to it, i lost count of how many time i've read it, and i've read it since i was in junior high school
    Last edited by kblyear; 12-07-08 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kblyear View Post
    so your book in chinese language? you can read the english translation in here, i think somewhere in wuxia translation thread, i supposed , i've read the old and the last edition, i'm addicted to it, i lost count of how many time i've read it, and i've read it since i was in junior high school
    Thanks so much. That really helped!

I have never read the novel before so I am just basing my opinion on how I think the characters are supposed to be.. I really love Ariel Lin as HR in this show.. she was how I expected HR to be like : smart, mischievous and totally devoted to her JGG.. Ariel totally fit the character.. she looked really cute and adorable in the show, and her expressions were very versatile in the show..

Hu Ge was a good GJ in the show but I must admit that the male character which took my breath away was OYK.. Li Jie acted extremely well as OYE.. his facial expressions and movements totally fit the suave, flitatious role he was supposed to act as.. and this show gave a lot of depth to OYK and I relaly liked the portrayal of OYK in that this show portrayed OYK not as some evil, hypocritical rapist, but as someone who is actually good but just desperate for love.. this is totally different from my impression of OYK in the 93 version..

Overall I thought most of the actors acted very well, except for LSS whom I feel really needs to improve her acting... her expression is the same in every scene - pitiful and sad and like want to cry... although I must admit she looks the role..

Just curious.. Is HR supposed to be only 15 years old in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by salad1988 View Post
    Just curious.. Is HR supposed to be only 15 years old in the show?
    I remember she was suppose to be around 16.

Hu Ge was my absolute favourite in the show. He is an amazing actor, and just the way I imagined Guojing to be -- kind, innocent, loving, and always stupid (lmao) etc.

But plays Li Xiao Yao from Chinese Paladin the best :P
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://fairysword.windy-goddess.net/images/screencapturesTV/glow42.jpg')
    Who remembers that moment? Lmao.

And this one! Isn't he so freakin' hot?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://male.thedailymodel.com/china/huge2.jpg')

I just love him as Guojing!!!! So much!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/07Winks/HuGeNews20071026.jpg')

Awww what a cutie pie. He still reads picture books
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/chengsi01/Album%20promo/4AB3I4M300K50003.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/07Winks/HuGeNews20070901a.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/07Winks/HuGeNews20070901b.jpg')

Yang Kang and Guojing----- when they're not filming

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.ent.tom.com/data2/upload/984/639/1188609463129252815510.jpg')

Junior Member girl_with_an_obsession's Avatar

I just finished this...almost cried when Yang Kang died...they made it so sad...

Hu Ge and Yuan Hong all the way!!!

Can't wait to see them in CP3!

I love Ariel Lin! She's so bubbly and happy!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://yummycelebrities.com/forum-images/legend-of-condor-heroes-02-ariel-lin.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8175/3095ad4dht1.jpg')

Are Hu Ge and Yuan Hong in CP3?... I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by girl_with_an_obsession View Post
    I just finished this...almost cried when Yang Kang died...they made it so sad...

Hu Ge and Yuan Hong all the way!!!

Can't wait to see them in CP3!
    me too! i loved yuan hong. he was hot
    and yes, theyre going to be in cp3 together. but hu ge has the lead role, and yuan hong character is just a cameo, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by drymonkey View Post
    I remember she was suppose to be around 16.
    HR is supposed to be about 2 years younger than GJ; he's supposed to be 17 in the beginning but 18 not long after (because of the dual date between the two brothers)! So I would say HR is between 16 or 17!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by aw_smileys View Post
    I love Ariel Lin! She's so bubbly and happy!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://yummycelebrities.com/forum-images/legend-of-condor-heroes-02-ariel-lin.jpg')

I couldn't agree more; of all the "Condor Heroes" that I've seen, I thought Ariel was the most adorable and character-fitting HR (that is, of course, to my own interpretations of HR ALONE)! She is definitely not as pretty as, for say, Athena Chu (IMO), but her portrayal of HR is far superior to Athena's.

Not only was the acting great, but Ariel actually pass as someone who's in her teens; whereas the other actresses (and I've seen many) looks nothing like it. If you said HR is supposed to be in her 20s, then ok, but not someone who's supposed to be a young teen!

I just love watching Ariel's HR growth; at first she was all mischievous and extremely playful (she has the "I don't care who and what you are, just don't mess with me and I won't make your life a living hell" - look towards the beginning and maintains it towards the end). But as the series goes on, you can she her unconditional love and support to GJ, but even through her maturation, she never fails to put a smile on your face. Overall, her childish mature still lurkes within her, but her 'caring' nature really motivates you!

Ariel was very perfect, in almost every sense, as HR; comedic/romantic/pitiful, you name it, she did wonders!

BTW, I forgot to ask; what is that weapon Ariel/HR is holding in that photo? I remember seeing this photo in one of the poster and questioning what it is... I expected her to hold the jaded 'hobo' stick, but NO!

The weapon looks completely unfamiliar!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post

BTW, I forgot to ask; what is that weapon Ariel/HR is holding in that photo? I remember seeing this photo in one of the poster and questioning what it is... I expected her to hold the jaded 'hobo' stick, but NO!

whoa your right, what is it?
    i have never noticed that before! lol

This version makes me wanna slap Yang Kang everytime I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    This version makes me wanna slap Yang Kang everytime I see him.
    lol. well, his character was eh...but the guy was hot, so i had no problem with him

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post

Maybe it was one of her magical needle thingies.
    If you look closely there are sparkles around it too, so maybe it was supposed to one of her inventive weapon thingies?