Page 86 of 104 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by mamthui View Post
    i just finished watching this series.... and oh man they change so much but in a good way... i felt like they kinda rush it at the end a bit.... and i was sad cause the series was over... no more ariel and hu ge... Good series but too short make me want more!!!!
    50 episodes?! SHORT?!

WOW, that's something I've never heard before! But I get what you mean, with as much sub-plots as "Eagles" was able to present, 50 episodes is rather short; but I thought the series was decent in length, it could be a bit longer, focusing on a better ending, but it was fine as is!

^.^ I do miss seeing Hu Ge and Ariel together though; this was my first Hu Ge/Ariel collaboration, so I was completely impressed!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

maybe the vietnamese version is cutted to short again i guess. man i need to start learning chinese or something to watch non cut version.

Yeah it was quite rushed at the end...but then again...I think this was the trend for most of the loch adaptation for some reason. 2003 suffered the same rush fate as this one...I mean geez...at least they could show KJ and HR get on a boat and head back to Peach Possom Island...how long could that take

well if they show GJ and HR go on the boat and end there then it would be the same as the 94 version. i rather see them land on the peach island and look at each other and knowing they finally get peace. the last scene they had wasnt a good way to end the series.

but i like how they made the scene where GJ name babie YG and played tiny music that give u that feeling that the babie YG is born!!

i like the ending n you gotta remember they spent less then a year filming alot of scenes over and recast hong chi gong. i just wish guo jing and iron palm dude could've had a more epic fight scene. it wud've been better if they made yang kang get stronger tho.but seriously i hope this casting makes it to a sequel wit hu ge as yang guo yuang hong as that guy who marries guo fu, then give him more story.

then you can have ariel as guo fu that would be hilarious.

So, I finally had a chance to watch this series. Yesterday, I just watched the part where OYK died, and I cried sooooo much. I've never liked the character in any of the versions, except for this one. Like many, he's my favorite character in here. Now, I kinda dislike YK and MNC for causing his death (technically, he killed himself, so I can't say I dislike them for killing him). I actually thought he was more likable after he lost his legs though.

Overall, I like this version, but I was annoyed with CG background in many of the scenes. I am assuming it's because of pushing back production and re-shooting many of the scenes. But honestly, some of the backgrounds was obviously lame. I know the older versions have worse background, but at least they were consistent. This has some really good background and then some really fake ones. It's hard to take in.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    So, I finally had a chance to watch this series. Yesterday, I just watched the part where OYK died, and I cried sooooo much. I've never liked the character in any of the versions, except for this one. Like many, he's my favorite character in here. Now, I kinda dislike YK and MNC for causing his death (technically, he killed himself, so I can't say I dislike them for killing him). I actually thought he was more likable after he lost his legs though.

Overall, I like this version, but I was annoyed with CG background in many of the scenes. I am assuming it's because of pushing back production and re-shooting many of the scenes. But honestly, some of the backgrounds was obviously lame. I know the older versions have worse background, but at least they were consistent. This has some really good background and then some really fake ones. It's hard to take in.
    I cannot agree wiht you more on the CG load of crap! Seriously, Mainland drama has always been known for its amazing backdrop; considering they are generally filmed in the most beautiful natural landmarks of China. While there were some breathtaking scenes that we saw (the falls, mountains, wow, just splendid), there were also so much crap too! All the boat scenes were horrific (can't they just filmed on the water instead of having all them stupid effects)!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

well you guys gotta remember it toke them 3 month to do reshoot the whole 50 episodes since hu ge accident, then graphics toke e 3 months n that was why we were able to watch this series last year. all i all they did a great job, why let cgi graphics ruin a good series with good story n character development? imagine if they were to have like whole year or 2 of shooting n graphics like zjz production, lgl series would be way better but they go for storyline, casting, costumes martial arts etc. so far none of these production haven't disappoint me yet. hopefully we see more of hu ge n cast in other jin yong favs state of divinity, demi god, condor heroes return

What I liked about this series was the character development and interaction. Also, almost everyone was introduced in a smooth manner, whereas, zjz's productions always have weird awkward entrances that leave you wondering "What? Who? Where? When? How?" It's too dreamy and too fantasy like, and it leaves a certain bitterness on the tongue (suddenly, I am reminded of "The Promise" w/ Nic Tse).

This version motivate you to feel hate, love, pity, etc. for the characters. W/ ZJZ's works, they all seemed too out of reach and untouchable.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

you said it right mystic, i only like other productions of scenery some times n some of their action scenes, but most of the time its same style. while lgl style its more brighter giving it a fantasy or wuxia type feel since these production have background with tvb in 80 n 90s

thats why i can't wait for em to make other jin yong favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    What I liked about this series was the character development and interaction. Also, almost everyone was introduced in a smooth manner, whereas, zjz's productions always have weird awkward entrances that leave you wondering "What? Who? Where? When? How?" It's too dreamy and too fantasy like, and it leaves a certain bitterness on the tongue (suddenly, I am reminded of "The Promise" w/ Nic Tse).
    Interesting observation. I actually feel that this series introduces Guo Jing too quickly. He's right there in the first episode as a teenager. I liked the way the '03 series took the time to show his childhood, though perhaps ZJZ could have reduced the number of episodes devoted to GJ's boyhood a bit.

I also feel that this new series has a few too many flashbacks. But the additional character development with Yang Kang is interesting.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    Interesting observation. I actually feel that this series introduces Guo Jing too quickly. He's right there in the first episode as a teenager. I liked the way the '03 series took the time to show his childhood, though perhaps ZJZ could have reduced the number of episodes devoted to GJ's boyhood a bit.

I also feel that this new series has a few too many flashbacks. But the additional character development with Yang Kang is interesting.
    i agree about the GJ part. he shows up like 10 minutes into the show and i was like, what? what happened to his childhood? if i had not known the story beforehand (from watching the 2003 ZJZ version) i wouldnt have known everything that happened to him when he was a kid (like how he got to be mongolian and how he killed the guy)

well the point of this series is to not copy the other adaptions, alot of people who watch this in cali actually like it better when they skip the child hood scenes of these series while the flash back i think is to change the way the story is played of course which i thought was ok but could've been better.

overall this series is to get younger generation into the wuxia genre with the pop idols that can actually act for once. alot of my homeboys now are upsess with ariel, of course she looks way hotter losing the weight she gained from iswak 2. but still all the casting in here are very capable actors. only if they could make it longer, the fight scenes, or other scenes couldve been longer as well as put more story into other characters line wang chong yang, the monk, iron palm dude, the zhen zhen sec etc.

i think the reason i enjoy this series is the way they chnaged some of the storyline, i mean i still watch the 80,s 90s, n 03 version but seeing the series with the same story but just some changes n more characters development made it refreshing you know.

reason why i won't mind if this co creates any of jin yong other series with this casting, mainly hu ge as main character while alot of the female leads he usually play with would be in the series since they all look cute n good actors. they haver that wuxia feel every time i watch lgl series, only if they could invest more in special effects, explosions(like series deadful melody or 6 finger demon, etc or alot of singapore series like 8 immortals where they have all those explosions etc make the series more entertaining with the martial arts)

Finished the series and loved it. Hu Ge was decent as Guo Jing but he looks too smart for that role. However I do love the outfit and hairsytle they gave him. They actually tried to make him look more rough since he was raised in Mongolia. I love the extra scenes where they made him look more dumb, but eventually mature to become smarter.

I love Ariel interpretation. Extremely cute. The only scene I did not enjoy from her was when she laugh at OYK when he told her how sad his life is. There's no need to rub it in when the guy is already down. That was a bit harsh of her, but I think it's in her nature.

I hated the character of Yang Kang. I think Yuan Hong portrayed him ok. He did not bring out the cunningness that Yang Kang has. It seems that OYK was always a step ahead of him. I still don't understand the hype about him. Although he is cute, his acting could use some improvements.

MNC is the most annoying character to me. She just buys into everything YK tells her. Even when she knows she's doing something wrong, she still does it. The director made this character just pathetic. Although she has the looks for that role, I would rather have the any of the past MNC because their character is much stronger and loyal. LSS looks are average and her acting needs to improve.

My favorite has to be OYK, played by Li Jie. I felt that this character truely grows as the story progresses. He has the sauve look and is just so smart. I was devastated when his character died even though I knew he would. I hate how YK and MNC killed him. They basically played with his feelings before killing him. After that scene I wanted YK to suffer and die horribly. I wished OYK actually found true love too, but too bad the writer did not give him anyone. He has got to be the most pitiful character in the series.

Overall I enjoyed the series. Does anyone know where I can get the OST for this series?

I still haven't finished watching this series. But lately I've been watching Chinese Paladin and am really beginning to like Hu Ge, so I think I'll watch some more. I'm interested to see how they handled some of my favorite scenes from the book (assuming they didn't decide to omit those scenes).
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

yea i understand what you guys are saying, basically this version shows the development of the characters, like yang kang, basically having messed up familly, didn't know to choose rich step father or poor biological father messed him up since he grew up rich. being god bros with guo jing who is nice n dumb n get all the powerful martial arts n girl got him piss off since no one would teach him powerful skills besides mcf, while oyk was there to have battle of the wits along with hr in which yk always lost. then in war battle n 1 vs 1 battle he lost even trying to destroy gj pride etc. basically this version is to make us feel sorry for yk more.

for mnc, basically she knows yk is lying but i guess the moral to the story is no matter how much someone betrays you, you should not back stab him back, i think that was something guo jing mother told him before he left mongolia or something along those lines, that is why gj never care for yk wrong doing, as long as both gj n mnc had hope that yk could turn new leaf, they didn't care what fault he committed n to always wish that he could turn back a new leaf. thats reason why mnc n gj never give yk the benefit of the doubt you know.

agree with you oyk played by li jie gotta be the best, i actually hopes he collaborate more with lgl series n hu ge n gang. he looks cool n fits role very well, i like how this version they showed that all he wanted is love from his father n reason why he was perverted was also a disfunctional family history n growing up with all females. but til the part where he dies it seems like mnc actually grew to have feelings for him but of course she loves yk(love at first site) bc she was actually hesitated when he drank poision n felt very bad, then when he finally realize no matter how nice he is to her her only true feelings n love will be that of yk, reason why he pull yang kang knife into himself.

sniffles u should actually finish this series from beginning to end, regardless of how much changed( i don't read novels) the series is good imho. like i said i hope these casting would create the other jin yong series demi god semi devil, state of divinity, return of the condor heroes, heaven sword dragon saber.

okay............ this series is 90$ bucks on yesasia.com.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.yai.bz/assets/27/574/p1012057427.jpg')

Is it worth buying?

Actually...I didn't get the feeling that MNC loves or has feelings for OYK. Instead, I felt that she kinda pity him and was only nice to him b/c she's pretty much nice to everyone else. Somehow I also doubt that OYK really loves her. It seems like he's drawn to her b/c she's so nice to him while HR was mostly cold towards him. I think OYK kinda got confuse between what truely is love and someone being nice to you. But I agree that OYK grew up in a disfunctional family and mostly females so he was a pervert. It seems like he uses that excuse just to feel love and warmth.

I think the only thing OuYang Ke really love is the idea of being loved. It doesn't really matter who it is. If someone had loved him, he would have lived, imo. He couldn't survive thinking that he was unloved. He sought those who have almost obsessive love for someone or something else b/c it assures him that they truly can love. He wishes that they would transfer their obsessive love to him. I don't think he truly love either of the girls, but I think he could if only they would love him.

Ganryu, I think you should test some episodes online before actually buying it. People like me love this show (though there are some aspects that annoyed me) but those that loved the ZJZ version tend to not like this version. Personally, I think you would like this show since it is very reflective of TVB 80s/90s kinda storytelling. That is, there is more emphasis on character and plot than art and props and loyalty to original story.

The thing about this show is that I think it would probably be better if they didn't have that 1 yr hiatus where HuGe had to recover and then they had to rush and reshoot a bunch of scenes w/out on-site locations. Basically, any scenes that had H7Q is a sure to be a CGI mess. However, being at as it may, it's still a very good, entertaining series, with some memorable scenes (namely the ones with OYK).

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    okay............ this series is 90$ bucks on yesasia.com.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.yai.bz/assets/27/574/p1012057427.jpg')

Is it worth buying?
    I would never buy this one. Some parts of how they present the story and where it skips and where it picks up. I certainly do not like how the characters kind of have flashbacks of their own and how certain characters tell the story. I rather have that omniscent storytelling. I don't know. Yang Hong and his parents actually had this sort of family dinner together? And YK actually appeared to be like a rebeling teenager. Well he is, but still...just so modernized at some points. I never seen the other mainland version and well I still don't like it.

I like Ou Yang Ke for some reason. Heeheee

YK is hot too.

There's some parts where Huang Rong shouldn't have been apart of and it's just a fabrication of the script, not the book.

I tried to be open-minded, but there are just parts that rubs me the wrong way and if you're looking for a true wuxia series, then please don't buy this one. Not worth 90 bucks
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.