Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    She doesn't look the part. HR suppose to look beautiful. Ariel isn't beautiful but cute. I was disappointed with LOCH '03's HR. She was cute and not beautiful. Plus, she's short and chubby.

Although HR is suppose to be beautiful but in the past, many actresses that played HR isn't, more on the cutier side, so I don't see why not Ariel. Plus, what I really like about HR character is not even about the look, mainly bc she's very smart, very cute, and able to help Guo Jing throughout the story. From TWFX, Ariel really gave me the impression that she could do a character similar to HR.

As for short, all the HR in the past are quite petite, correct me if I am wrong. Such as Barbara Yung & Athena Chu. I don't know about the 2003 version since I've never watch it.

Also this new adaptation will be modify and will not be exactly the same as the original. To me, I think it will be fun to watch. I don't want another repeat of the same story since there are already too many remakes.
    Last edited by rumikochan; 04-16-06 at 03:28 PM.

Hu Ge looks more like an Ouyang Ke to me ... hehe, no offense. He might even do fine as Yang Kang, but as Guo Jing? What is the producer thinking?
    Ariel... her face suits to be a Chung Ling (TLBB), a Guo Xiang (ROCH), but not a Huang Rong.
    Well... she might be a tad old now (30?), but while watching Book & Sword, I thought Sun Li (played Li Yuanzhi) would be a wonderful Huang Rong. And at the time Book & Sword was filmed, she looked young enough so maybe she can still pull it off. It's been so long since an actress charms me as much as this lady. Up until now, when I hear Huang Rong, I think Barbara. The only person who can change that for me is Sun Li .
    I heard good things about the 2003 version, but as I was watching it, I got bored really quickly. They filmed it like a movie rather than a series, and something just didn't feel right. I didn't get attached. I hope if they're doing another remake (>_<), they will at least make it good and choose the perfect person to play the characters. Please don't use young popular cast just to get ratings up.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    Strawberry, it's great to know that you also feel the same way I do about ZJZ's LOCH & ROCH! I might have said something about how bland XLN and YG's relationship was, but even if I didn't say it, I definitely felt that way about it. The way ROCH 06 was presented was just overall bad, despite some good eye candy. The problem being was that I think the crew that worked on this production paid too much attention to the aesthetic quality of this film that they neglected to work on the more important stuff like good editing and good performance (if I were the director, I would have HXM redo all of those scenes that he thought he was cute and playful in). That's what you get when you try too hard to impress others by looking good....you're bound to look stupid, and this ROCH 06 production does exactly just that. The editing was bad (as I know many people are going to agree with me on this). There were many unnecessary footages included which I felt should have been left out to make room for other important scenes like how GJ/HR found YG and how YG was abused time and time again by GF and her Wu henchmen. Any decent director would have included the Peach Blossom Island scenes (rather than having it as flashbacks) just to show the viewers that YG had a lot of misfortunes and didn't quite fit in with anyone nor belong anywhere until he met XLN and this could help set the stage for the viewers to better understand as well as to sympathize with YG's laissez-faire behavior later in the film.
    Actually, I think if HXM's acting was more natural in this serial, he would have been an effortlessly charming YG, problem is I think he tried too hard and overact and overdid the role thus its really a pity. I have seen his earlier series where he was serious and playful and trust me, he did a wonderful job. but somehow here, his charisma did not come through. I agree that the editing was badly done, too many unnecessary footages. You know what, if this was filmed in a faster manner instead of wasting time lingering over dialogues and scenes, all the important content could have fitted in into a 40 episode serial instead of having the editing people agonize over what to retain and discard. Most importantly, this serial needed to be flimed in a faster pace! currently, one of its most obvious flaw is that its so slow-moving!! Personally, I felt that there was not enough time spend on the budding relationship bet XLN and YG in the beginnng when YG became a young adult and too much time mulling over their doomed romance, it sort of did not set the stage for how close the 2 characters were from the onset. It was supposed to be a great love story but I found it sorely missing because I believe the early parts were crucial to the development of the story. and I thought more attention could also be paid to YG's relationship with the other ladies. now, I just can't fathom why these girls would be attracted to him, esp when, the YG portrayed comes across as a little annoying at times. but I stand by that if HXM's acting had been more natural, he would have been able to pull this off easily. If only he did not try so hard and overdid the character, his natural charms would have been sufficient.

I think that the producer is the one that sets the style of how a serial is filmed. The director then takes the producer's vision of the film and puts it on camera. If I'm correct, a director is just responsible for capturing what's on camera, whereas the producer is the one that works on the final presentation and editing of the film. Correct me if I'm wrong. And I agree with you that ZJZ is not a good story-teller. How he tells his story is analogous to someone reading out loud in monotone (lacking excitement). That's bound to put the audience to sleep.

But Li Guo Li, on the other hand, is capable of making films that are upbeat and fun to watch. Just check out Fairy from the Wonderland. It's also beautiful to look at without lacking the excitement factor. I think Li Guo Li's vision of LOCH is going to be more in tune with TVB in the early 80's, and it'll also most likely be accompanied by an awesome soundtrack. Strawberry, have you heard the Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland soundtrack? They're really good!
    I have heard both the theme from both serial, its not bad but I would have expected the theme to be even better for such a great production like ROCH06. I just hope that upbeat does not turn the serial into something that loses the traditionl charm of Wuxia like the 80s TV verision has. I for one, did not like Chinese Paladiin that much, Hu Ge's Xiao Yao and the serial came across as kind of lame and I certainly do not want ROCH to turn out like that either. I guess it is diffcult to get the right balance perhaps.
    Last edited by strawberry; 04-16-06 at 03:55 PM.

I think that the producer is the one that sets the style of how a serial is filmed. The director then takes the producer's vision of the film and puts it on camera. If I'm correct, a director is just responsible for capturing what's on camera, whereas the producer is the one that works on the final presentation and editing of the film. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    No, the producer usually have nothing to do with the creative side of things thats all the directors job including final edit. The producer usually deal with the logistic side of things such as organizing sets and locations for filming and making sure everything is on schedule and on budget. But seeing that the producer is ZJZ I think he may of have a bit more say on the creative side as well.

AND WHY THE HELL ARE THEY MAKING ANOTHER LOCH SO SOON!!!!!!
    why the hell is JY letting this happen!!! I don't care how good it is and from the sound things, this is just one of those idol version where everyone look cute but nobody can act!!! But anyway its a way stupid idea to make another version so soon, go adapt something ppl haven't seen yet!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I have heard both the theme from both serial, its not bad but I would have expected the theme to be even better for such a great production like ROCH06. I just hope that upbeat does not turn the serial into something that loses the traditionl charm of Wuxia like the 80s TV verision has. I for one, did not like Chinese Paladiin that much, Hu Ge's Xiao Yao and the serial came across as kind of lame and I certainly do not want ROCH to turn out like that either. I guess it is diffcult to get the right balance perhaps.

The opening theme songs for Fairy from the Wonderland is not the best track in its soundtrack. It's the other 2 songs that you keep hearing in the background as you watch the show. It has a guy's voice singing. It's probably Hu Ge's voice.

As for upbeat, I didn't mean for it to turn into something wild and stupid that will ruin the entire film. Upbeat just means that the film feels alive and (like you said) fast-paced and not so gloomy most of the time. Gloomy is good when done when it's necessary (like when Yang Kang dies or when GJ hates HR -because he thought she killed his masters) rather than just being mostly gloomy and dark all the time like how it was with LOCH 2003 (ZJZ's production).

The opening theme songs for Fairy from the Wonderland is not the best track in its soundtrack. It's the other 2 songs that you keep hearing in the background as you watch the show. It has a guy's voice singing. It's probably Hu Ge's voice.

Yup, Hu Ge was the one that sang the 2 subtheme songs, they're really good!!! I really enjoyed the soundtrack in TWFX and chinese Paladin as well.

As for upbeat, I didn't mean for it to turn into something wild and stupid that will ruin the entire film. Upbeat just means that the film feels alive and (like you said) fast-paced and not so gloomy most of the time. Gloomy is good when done when it's necessary (like when Yang Kang dies or when GJ hates HR -because he thought she killed his masters) rather than just being mostly gloomy and dark all the time like how it was with LOCH 2003 (ZJZ's production).

Yah I know for sure that you don't mean that just that I have this worry that upbeat sometimes result in such kind of results sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Swordman
    why the hell is JY letting this happen!!!
    Authors retain very little control once they've sold the rights to an adaptation, which can be resold to third parties or sat on for years, the case here I think. They can always refuse to associate their name with the finished product, which is moot for JY given the popularity of his work.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

I can't stand to see ancient series be all "upbeat"; it just doesn't go with the mood and costumes. People back then were certainly not all that "upbeat", except maybe in wuxia/jiang hu type settings, but even that's very limited. It's ridiculous to see women acting even more wild than they do now. I know it's all entertainment, bu it just spoils the entire mood for me.

But I guess everyone has different tastes.

Women in ancient China were very conservative and "behave" properly in public. What goes on behind closed doors and windows is another story. Even courtesans were very dignified and only the prostitutes were loose and fancy in speech and action.
    As much was we'd like to believe, there really wasn't a historical "jiang-hu" in ancient China anymore than there were really cowboys walking around with guns and dueling everywhere in old US.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I can't stand to see ancient series be all "upbeat"; it just doesn't go with the mood and costumes. People back then were certainly not all that "upbeat", except maybe in wuxia/jiang hu type settings, but even that's very limited. It's ridiculous to see women acting even more wild than they do now. I know it's all entertainment, bu it just spoils the entire mood for me.

But I guess everyone has different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Women in ancient China were very conservative and "behave" properly in public. What goes on behind closed doors and windows is another story. Even courtesans were very dignified and only the prostitutes were loose and fancy in speech and action.
    As much was we'd like to believe, there really wasn't a historical "jiang-hu" in ancient China anymore than there were really cowboys walking around with guns and dueling everywhere in old US.
    Huh? Of course the wild west existed. REAL cowboys like buffalo bill and wyatt earp existed. Ever heard of the duel at OK Corral, which Earp participated in?

And of course there was a jiang hu, just not with the SUPER POWERS they get from today's novels and series.

About the Chinese Paladin and Tian Wei Fei Xian soundtracks...

Some of you guys have mentioned them being good, but are they completely original? That was something I really enjoyed from LOCH03. TLBB and ROCH stealing other people's soundtrack really detracted from the series.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Siven
    Authors retain very little control once they've sold the rights to an adaptation, which can be resold to third parties or sat on for years, the case here I think. They can always refuse to associate their name with the finished product, which is moot for JY given the popularity of his work.
    like Taiwan's ROCH.... that was horrifying... JY was not happy about what they did in their adaptation

i highly doubt that LOCH 06 will be butchered to that extent

Quote Originally Posted by Aelhyn

Some of you guys have mentioned them being good, but are they completely original? That was something I really enjoyed from LOCH03. TLBB and ROCH stealing other people's soundtrack really detracted from the series.

Thanks.

I think they are original, even the instrumental music. Check out the below links from YesAsia for their soundtracks

"Little Fairy" OST
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004117937/

"Chinese Paladin" OST
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/mc/-/CSprd1...id-1003977692/

Quote Originally Posted by Aelhyn

Thanks.
    Someone mentioned that they heard the music from Harry Potter from ROCH06 and I heard it when I was watching the serial one day. oh my gosh, that honestly sounded quite bad. How could they be so slipshot with the music for the serial?

they probably ran out of budgets and time for original music score and figured out it would be cheaper to buy the copyright for the song than to compose their own.

Yah all the way out in the hicks ville. Most cowboys carry guns in case of snakes and wild animals including Indians, not to engage in duels to prove their manhood. What you think of as the wild wild west is largely a creation of writers exagerating stories and happenings.

China's jianghu was more a fiction than a fact. The locals are more familar with famine, wars, bandits than Chu Lu Xiang.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Huh? Of course the wild west existed. REAL cowboys like buffalo bill and wyatt earp existed. Ever heard of the duel at OK Corral, which Earp participated in?

And of course there was a jiang hu, just not with the SUPER POWERS they get from today's novels and series.

I just get really sick of seeing princesses and government official's daughters act all bratty and speak foul language---come on, how realistic is that? Sure, they can be bratty and cunning at heart, but I'm sure they still put up a front in public. I know it's supposed to help increase comedic relief by making them look "cute", but it just annoys me to death.

Yeah I think Jiang Hu did exist as well, but producers obviously exaggerate the martial arts abilities way too much. And I think people in ancient times focused a lot less on love than people like to believe they did.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I just get really sick of seeing princesses and government official's daughters act all bratty and speak foul language---come on, how realistic is that? Sure, they can be bratty and cunning at heart, but I'm sure they still put up a front in public. I know it's supposed to help increase comedic relief by making them look "cute", but it just annoys me to death.

Yeah I think Jiang Hu did exist as well, but producers obviously exaggerate the martial arts abilities way too much. And I think people in ancient times focused a lot less on love than people like to believe they did.
    hehe yeah... but there are still those who arent really main characters that are really nice etc..

Quote Originally Posted by darkchoki
    they probably ran out of budgets and time for original music score and figured out it would be cheaper to buy the copyright for the song than to compose their own.
    I reckon if they were going to do a job and make a master piece at least do it right to the last bit and not leave big gapping holes everywhere