Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Yeah, major disappointment. The LOCH03 soundtrack is one of my favorites ever

Speaking of which, would I be able to get the OST anywhere?

I wonder why they are making a remake of this series again.... I guess they are really running out of stories. I think actors and actresses can get popular without playing a JY character...Oh so Hu Ge will be in this series... I would rather he play GJ, but YK will be a good and challenging character to play. But I don't think I will be watching this anyway....
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-17-06 at 07:10 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

It's because nowadays the scripwriters are just too lazy to think of new stories/plots! More importantly the filming company wanna earn money from us, fans of Louis Cha's novels.

I think Ariel will be an 'okay' HR, no comment on Nic Tse as I don't really fancy him..

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I wonder why they are making a remake of this series again.... I guess they are really running out of stories. I think actors and actresses can get popular without playing a JY character...Oh so Hu Ge will be in this series... I would rather he play GJ, but YK will be a good and challenging character to play. But I don't think I will be watching this anyway....
    Hu Ge IS playing GJ isn't he? I thought Nicholas Tse was Yang Kang?
    And yeah... I guess China needs more screen-writers. Until then they're just going to remake things over and over again.

is this for real? another LOCH?!!

Who is Ariel Lin?

I can't see Hu Ge as Yang Kang @ all. I thought his character was weak in Chinese Paladin and his acting wasnt all that flash, there would be no way he would be able to pull of YK character. The best YK is Miu Ki Wai --> not sure bout his name.

What was so horrendoues about the 82 version of LOCH?! If it was so bad why is it still one of all time's fav series??

in my opinon, 82's version was the best, but like a lot of people said it wasn't faithful to the novel but if you think about, have u ever read a book and had a series/movies adapted from it to be 100% faithful? look at harry potter, LOTRs etc

I liked LOCH03's version but there was a couple of things i didnt like. A lot of the characters cast looked out of place, the actor/actress werent good looking --> i hate a series where there is not one good looking character, YK character was another miscast...sad to say... the dudding of Zhou Xun's voice was terrible, it almost put me of her character... when i think of all the adaptions i still think that the actors casted in 82 version were a perfect fit.

I loved the songs from 82 version but i cant remember the songs from 95 - didnt stand out. but the best themes was from LOCH03, I was just listening to the themesongs! the songs stood out but wan't really for wuxia series but still the best themes!!! (i hated the theme for ROCH95 and the opening theme of ROCH06 but i loved the ROCH83 theme --> He Ri Zai Jian Mian)

the fighting scenes in 03 was definetely better but the screeching of the finger nails of mYF was scary sound.

Ariel Lin is Lin YI Chen. She was in a lot of series like My secret garden, Tian Wai Fei Xian and many others. She is a great actress... SHe is from Taiwan. You can go to www.asianfanatics.net and go to her thread to find out more about her.

It;s not that the 80s version was bad, but I guess they just want to make more money from JY novels. Plus, a lot of stars who act in JY series get more popular. But then again, it can go both ways....They can get even less popular since they will be compared to and heavily criticized.

I don't think it is due to laziness only because they are running out of stories and ideas due to the large number of series these days....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

another remake? i'm not too keen about the casting either. why is ariel lin getting all these meaty parts? she's not that great of an actress and her looks so do not suit the character.

This sounds like it's going to be a crappy version of LOCH. The kind where fighting scenes are reduced to a measly few seconds of camera-shaking and extra lovey-dovey scenes are added to appeal to the idol-loving masses.

I really liked LOCH03. It stayed true to the novel AND the production quality was excellent. I don't see how and why anyone would even attempt another adaptation so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    This sounds like it's going to be a crappy version of LOCH. The kind where fighting scenes are reduced to a measly few seconds of camera-shaking and extra lovey-dovey scenes are added to appeal to the idol-loving masses.

I really liked LOCH03. It stayed true to the novel AND the production quality was excellent. I don't see how and why anyone would even attempt another adaptation so soon.
    you can beat your bottom dollar its gonna have a lot of comedy in it and wacky cgi effects

This version isn't going to be stupid like how most people predict. Have any of you guys seen Book & Sword starring Zhao Wen Zhuo and Raymond Lui? It was also directed by Li Guo Li. In fact, Li Guo Li was planning to make LOCH at that time, but ZJZ beat him at obtaining the license and so he worked on Book & Sword instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    This version isn't going to be stupid like how most people predict. Have any of you guys seen Book & Sword starring Zhao Wen Zhuo and Raymond Lui? It was also directed by Li Guo Li. In fact, Li Guo Li was planning to make LOCH at that time, but ZJZ beat him at obtaining the license and so he worked on Book & Sword instead.
    Yes, I did watch it. It sucked.

I liked Book & Sword 2002, it's more fast-paced and very taiwanese wuxia style as compared to ZJZ's JY adaptations which is more the slow, mainland style. But i hated the ending of B&S' 02 where the members of the Red Flower Society died one by one in a totally stupid way. But the thing is, Book and Sword is hardly remade and maybe thats why i enjoyed it more without subconsciously comparing it to other or recent adaptations i've seen, the last adaptation i saw of B&S was the one with Adam Cheng as CJL and KX and Liza Wang as HQT years ago. The last LOCH was abt 3 yrs ago..come to think of it, the Singapore ROCH98 was made 3 yrs after the TVB 1995 one and it wasnt that popular mainly because most people had the TVB95 one stuck to their minds already.

I still think Li Guo Li would be better off filming another novel, doesn't necessarily have to be JY's, but some other JY novel besides the condor trilogy if he must, though the popular ones have saw recent adaptations.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-18-06 at 11:34 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I dont see Ariel as HR at all. She just doesnt have the clever, cunning, and beauty of HR. Ariel is short, chubby, and look clueless all the time. It'll never work.

The girl in sunnysnow's avatar would make a perfect HR.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    I dont see Ariel as HR at all. She just doesnt have the clever, cunning, and beauty of HR. Ariel is short, chubby, and look clueless all the time. It'll never work.

Lol your description makes her sound like the female GJ. Maybe they're getting the characters mixed up.

yea, Yang Mi would do a good job, but the fact that this serial won't be popular at all, and will is too soon after the last version, and that fans are getting bored of LOCH by now won't really aid Yang Mi at all... so even if she did get the part, i don't think it's a good idea for her to take it

Hu Ge as GJ and Ariel as HR = very bad characterisation. They look fine together, but as GJ and HR, they look terrible

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Hu Ge as GJ and Ariel as HR = very bad characterisation. They look fine together, but as GJ and HR, they look terrible

I disagree. Have you even seen TWFX?

I disagree. Have you even seen TWFX?
    They looked good together but not as GJ and HR.

like to hear from everybody (as many as possible). who would you like to see as the next GJ and HR?
    I am a culture unto myself.

They looked good together but not as GJ and HR.
    yea, that's what i was trying to say... it wasn't worded very well

Hu Ge and Ariel would look good together in a modernised setting, as two random people we've never heard of

however a classic GJ and HR combination? Neither of them is suitable. They might carry good chemistry, but they will never be HR and GJ

i think it's way way too soon to make any remake of LOCH.

Most actresses that acted as HR are short. So Ariel being short is not a problem. I don't think she's even close to chubby. Maybe just the cheek but that's what make her soo adorable imo. If you've watch Ariel's other drama, she does not look clueless all the time except in ISWAK, that's her character. I think Ariel can pull off the cunning clever HR. Not beautiful but very cute. I think it's too early to judge, it's best to watch and see. Before I watched TWFX, I could never imagine Ariel in ancient but I think she managed to pull off the character Xiao Qi nicely. This is all my opinion and it seem many here don't agree but as a huge Ariel fan, I felt that I should support her despite all the critics and I truly think she's suitable for HR character.
    Last edited by rumikochan; 04-19-06 at 02:54 AM.