Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

the series was probably to showcast the amazing sceneries, CGI that china production are capable of... To me it was like trying to be like one of those high CGI movies :/

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    the series was probably to showcast the amazing sceneries, CGI that china production are capable of... To me it was like trying to be like one of those high CGI movies :/
    to me, it was trying to put as much eye candy in front of us as possible

it was also trying to advertise LYF's beauty... but HAH ZJZ, LYF has rejected the offer to be a wife in DOMD... so basically, ZJZ pushes LYF to fame, and LYF decides... lol, i'm famous, i can afford to ditch him now

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    lol... too serious.... you clearly haven't seen ROCH... as much of a chick flick type teen movie as the american stuff..... nothing profound at all
    I've seen most of ROCH 06 and fast forwarded most of the scenes with HXM trying to act all playful and cute (BLAH!).

I still think it's boring and yes, it seems a little too serious because the film is not upbeat. I'm sure ZJZ tried to make it upbeat with some of the scenes, but those scenes just didn't work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    I've seen most of ROCH 06 and fast forwarded most of the scenes with HXM trying to act all playful and cute (BLAH!).

I still think it's boring and yes, it seems a little too serious because the film is not upbeat. I'm sure ZJZ tried to make it upbeat with some of the scenes, but those scenes just didn't work for me!
    you thought it was too serious.... wow... you must have different taste then

i thought it was as shallow and trivial as a wuxia adaptation could get... ok, maybe not upbeat, but considering its a wuxia series.... this is prob as upbeat as you can get, without appropriating it into a modern setting....

to me, it was trying to put as much eye candy in front of us as possible

it was also trying to advertise LYF's beauty... but HAH ZJZ, LYF has rejected the offer to be a wife in DOMD... so basically, ZJZ pushes LYF to fame, and LYF decides... lol, i'm famous, i can afford to ditch him now
    might not be the case...some people just want to take time off. focus on other important things in their life...she's focusing on school and her album right now. they'll work together again...i'll guarantee that. you might see her in HSDS. LOL...all she have to do is ask and ZJZ will hand the role to her.

hate lyf or not...put her in a series...the production will get a lot of money.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 04-15-06 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    might not be the case...some people just want to take time off. focus on other important things in their life...she's focusing on school and her album right now. they'll work together again...i'll guarantee that. you might see her in HSDS. LOL...all she have to do is ask and ZJZ will hand the role to her.

hate lyf or not...put in a series...the production will get a lot of money.
    lol she doesnt want to be looked down as a equal with 7 other girls as being wives

lol she doesnt want to be looked down as a equal with 7 other girls as being wives
    actually, it's a smart move but a greedy one...from now on she'll take lead in every series...and not settle for 2nd...but that suck for someone like ZJZ who needs beautiful ladies to help him out with the series.

Doesn't matter! Yang Mi is in it! Thank God! She is fine too! ZJZ...smart move again! LOL

I heard that Zhang Ji Zhong only directed some of the 84 episodes of San Guo Yan Yi, not all of 'em.
    Did ZJZ direct Shui Hu Zhaung (Water Margin Affairs) as well? I thought he did..anyway i read tt some of his past fans prefer his old series thn the new JY adaptations and feel that he isnt cut out for wuxia dramas.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-15-06 at 04:56 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

LOCH can be done a lot better, and i have seen ariel act... she's good, but being a good actress is not the only thing that matters... i mean, take Alyssa, who i think is reasonably good acting wise.... but i don't think she's appropriate for all roles... and i think i would die if she played someone like XLN.... she can act, but that's really only half the deal... ariel can act, but she is just nowhere near the perfect HR image wise
    Thanks 0-0-0. That's what I've been trying to say.

ZJZ must really ask Xu Qing to act in DoDM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    actually, it's a smart move but a greedy one...from now on she'll take lead in every series...and not settle for 2nd...but that suck for someone like ZJZ who needs beautiful ladies to help him out with the series.

Doesn't matter! Yang Mi is in it! Thank God! She is fine too! ZJZ...smart move again! LOL

Nicholas Tse's last movie Journey to the West was so full of CGI the whole movie was shot in an enclosed stage with blue screen. So no surprise here. Besides, he'd make a fantastic YK with his own sly and cunning good looks.

I'm guessing this is really going to be a spinoff based on the actual story. Kinda like Mystery of the Condor Heroes and Condor Heroes Return.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    I'm guessing this is really going to be a spinoff based on the actual story. Kinda like Mystery of the Condor Heroes and Condor Heroes Return.
    hmmm there isnt much to spinoff :S

i don't understand why there is so much praise for ROCH... i thought it was very average, and i thought there were some very bad parts like the final battle, making YG and XLN the only ones that seemed capable of doing ANYTHING....

HXM too, has received applause for his acting.... which really really annoys me becuase LYP copped so much for his as GJ, which was nowhere near as bad as HXM as YG

i'm annoyed at ZJZ for making his last two adaptations merely eye candy... that's why there was so much focus on XLN.... if there had been less focus, i would have been willing to see LYF in more roles, but since i felt like i was just constantly staring at her face, i no longer want to see her act in any adaptation

i think you should definitely watch XAJH, it'll be very interesting to see how ZJZ has gone since the making of XAJH, a very classic feel similar to LOCH... i feel as if ZJZ has just gone downhill as the years have gone by... as my order is:

1)XAJH
    2)LOCH
    3)DGSD
    4)ROCH
    It's not just me.. but my other friends who was waiting on this adaption went like., " Why the F is this series so corny? In the raping scene, took like 20 mins to do and 15 min just for the camera to look at XLN"

I think ROCH06 was just an emphasis on love.. and LOVe only.. more specifically XLN and YG

and Nic Tse is not Guo Jing.. i see more Yang Kang in him
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

yes i agree hxm is a bit yuk... but again out of all people why did they pick hxm i like hu ge's acting skills so i think hu ge should of been in ROCH as YG is supose to be sneaky aswell...

LOL Yah poor LYP's retarted GJ but I think he was told to act in that manner.

And yes, XAJH is the definitive wuxia series that nothing else after it had come close to matching it's class. It's silly that many JY purists simply refuse to watch it just because it deviated from the novel and introduced RYY very early on. As if none of the JY tv/film adaptations did not take serious creative liberty with his novels.

HXM too, has received applause for his acting.... which really really annoys me becuase LYP copped so much for his as GJ, which was nowhere near as bad as HXM as YG

i think you should definitely watch XAJH, it'll be very interesting to see how ZJZ has gone since the making of XAJH, a very classic feel similar to LOCH... i feel as if ZJZ has just gone downhill as the years have gone by... as my order is:

1)XAJH
    2)LOCH
    3)DGSD
    4)ROCH

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    It's not just me.. but my other friends who was waiting on this adaption went like., " Why the F is this series so corny? In the raping scene, took like 20 mins to do and 15 min just for the camera to look at XLN"

I think ROCH06 was just an emphasis on love.. and LOVe only.. more specifically XLN and YG

hmm I guess he could be both but I agree more YK

Btw, at least it's Ariel and not Gillian!!! GASP!!Talk about eye candy.
    As for me I won't bother watching LOCH06.
    A case of too much LOCH too soon, and I am also not a fan of Nicholas Tse the brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    LOL Yah poor LYP's retarted GJ but I think he was told to act in that manner.
    I heard that LYP didn't really want to be in LOCH 03, but because of "friendship and loyalty" to ZJZ, he felt obligated to accept the role of GJ. He actually wanted to be in some other series at the same time, but had to give that one up for LOCH. So that other series had to replace him with Gallen Lo.

Actually, I didn't think LYP was that bad. It's just that he didn't have the look of GJ. He just wasn't charming enough. Neither was Zhou Xun as Huang Rong.

I heard that Zhang Ji Zhong only directed some of the 84 episodes of San Guo Yan Yi, not all of 'em. This was a project that the Chinese government funded, and so many directors were hired to take on this extravagantly huge production. Anyway, that's the thing about ZJZ....all of his series have one thing in common...they're too serious. It's fine to be serious if you're filming a documentary or a historical drama, but if you're filming an action martial arts flick, then chances are you're gonna' turn it into something very bland and boring. Bland and boring is tolerable for a 2-3 hour movie (think of crouching tiger hidden dragon, hero, and all of those artsy-fartsy mainland china flicks), but otherwise, anything beyond 3 hours is like putting the viewers' patience to the test.....and so, where's the entertainment value in that?
    ZJZ co-produced SGYY.

ZJZ's works are indeed more serious, but I generally don't find them bland.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Did ZJZ direct Shui Hu Zhaung (Water Margin Affairs) as well? I thought he did..anyway i read tt some of his past fans prefer his old series thn the new JY adaptations and feel that he isnt cut out for wuxia dramas.
    ZJZ was the main producer of SHZ. Zhang Shao Lin was the director (he was also one of the SGYY directors).

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    And Yang Kang is who he's playing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")