Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

I was thinking becoz the old Hong Qi Gong in ROCH was quite much smaller than Sun Xing
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    Ariel's from IT STARTED WITH A KISS?

and one more thing, why is china making another LOCH since ther's already one from 2004/5 starring Zhou Xun??

and the actor for Hong Qi Gong..i know he's from China..but isnt he abit old and "big" for the role?

oh heck, you know how chinese ppl like to remake things? plus, the zhou xun version was from 2003 technically. the most ridiculous bunch of remakes was the 3 XAJH in 2000/2001

actually, the the guy who plays HQG (sun xing) is from taiwan. and i think his only in his fourties...so not too old to play H7G at all

oh li shi shi does resemble lyf in those 2 pics. a rounder version of lyf. but whenever i see her pics, i feel sleepy... that's not me implying she's boring. maybe her eyes look sleepy or something, and i get influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl
    oh li shi shi does resemble lyf in those 2 pics. a rounder version of lyf. but whenever i see her pics, i feel sleepy... that's not me implying she's boring. maybe her eyes look sleepy or something, and i get influenced.
    nah, it mean that you just have been seduce by her innocence eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    She was. She was great in it, too..
    This must be the first time I disagree with you BADLY, owbjhx.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    This must be the first time I disagree with you BADLY, owbjhx.
    What did you dislike in her performance?

I'm slightly less enthusiastic about Ariel Lin at the moment, after I saw an (admittedly very brief) bit of 'Fairy From The Wonderland' in which she does the typical over-cute over-acting that is so inexplicably prevalent among Chinese TV starlets. Maybe, in general, this is more the fault of the directing, dubbing, and genre. I still think her performance in 'It Started With A Kiss' was "great", though, and that she has the *acting potential* to play a good Huang Rong.

I also just finished "It Started with a Kiss", and I thought she was spectacular!

I wasn't trying to watch it, I was actually trying to avoid writing my history paper, I was quite successful....

Ariel was wonderful and charming in her role, she also seems quite mature and very beautiful in her latest pics...frankly I can't wait to see her Huang Rong. Her face is just so endearing, and there was such a genuine qualtiy to her acting. I watched Tian Wei Fei Xian...I stopped though because I didn't care for the storyline and actually I didn't care for Hu Ge's character *didn't like him in Chinese Paladin either*YAWN*
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    What did you dislike in her performance?
    typical over-cute over-acting
    Explains your question?

I found her intolerably acting-cute, remember those times she was molested in the bus in the show "'It Started With A Kiss"? Those squealing and squirming. Geeeeeee....... She was over-doing it.

that is so inexplicably prevalent among Chinese TV starlets.
    I was pretty tolerant of such acts, although I do cringe everytime the girls from the Taiwanese band Sweety do some act-cute stuff again. They never learn, all of them. It is so sterotypical of them doing the "I am irresistably innocent and cute, unlike other girls who are too serious, I need a comforting hug from a warm man, you just have to find me unique"act. But what Ariel did was overkill, serious. I am more tolerant of veteran "over-cute" actresses like Alyssa Chia and Zhang Ting,

Maybe, in general, this is more the fault of the directing, dubbing, and genre.
    Even singers do it. Female singers frequently gave a high-pitched laugh and acted as though they know little about anything. (Once again, the theme of 'innocence') Or they make bubbly faces in front of the screen. Oh, don't get me started.

More accurately, it was the general attitude of Chinese celebrities.

she has the *acting potential* to play a good Huang Rong.
    HR is cute, yes, but not *over* cute.

Quote Originally Posted by dantruon
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/1115/1115293.jpg')

who is this chick? she looks bleeping beautiful and delicious
    Whoa..she looks young, cute, and pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Whoa..she looks young, cute, and pretty.
    couldnt describe it better meself !

I found her intolerably acting-cute, remember those times she was molested in the bus in the show "'It Started With A Kiss"? Those squealing and squirming. Geeeeeee....... She was over-doing it...But what Ariel did was overkill, serious.
    I note you highlight a moment of physical comedy that happened very early in the series. Ariel Lin might not be as good as her peers when it comes to physical comedy, but I think she beats most of them on her dramatic dialogue. She can measure her expression and tone with impressive subtlety (see her conversation on the stairs with Jiang Zhishu when she asked him about Pei Ziyu) and she is comfortable in complex scenes which require seamless movement from comedy to angst and back again (see her conversation under the stairs with Zhishu's little brother). To me, these are the sorts of moments I look for when assessing the talent of an actress. I'd rather watch actresses who excel at these than actresses who are good at slapstick clowning, and unfortunately, there are few of the former and far too many of the latter.

So although Ariel Lin is certainly capable of being just as bad as many of her peers, in certain other areas she is totally beyond them.

I was pretty tolerant of such acts, although I do cringe everytime the girls from the Taiwanese band Sweety do some act-cute stuff again. They never learn, all of them. It is so sterotypical of them doing the "I am irresistably innocent and cute, unlike other girls who are too serious, I need a comforting hug from a warm man, you just have to find me unique"act.

Even singers do it. Female singers frequently gave a high-pitched laugh and acted as though they know little about anything. (Once again, the theme of 'innocence') Or they make bubbly faces in front of the screen. Oh, don't get me started.

More accurately, it was the general attitude of Chinese celebrities.
    I do wonder who's to blame. I expect it's the audience, because their demand is what encourages the supply of such acting. I'm not an expert on the development of TV in China/TW/HK, but I'd imagine there's a point in history at which the audience decided that this is what they wanted, and things have been self-sustaining since then. Maybe the time when the mainland gained official access to TVB? If you've spent a few decades watching dreary government propaganda, you might quite like to see some "squealing and squirming"...

I am more tolerant of veteran "over-cute" actresses like Alyssa Chia and Zhang Ting,
    I'm less tolerant. An actress doing it when she's 22 is inexperienced; when she's almost 30 and still doing it, that's undignified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying
    oh heck, you know how chinese ppl like to remake things? plus, the zhou xun version was from 2003 technically. the most ridiculous bunch of remakes was the 3 XAJH in 2000/2001

actually, the the guy who plays HQG (sun xing) is from taiwan. and i think his only in his fourties...so not too old to play H7G at all
    he's a china immigrate. if u check up his detail, he's china national but migrated to taiwan to become an actor. dun reali like him..used to when he played as one of the main characters in mulan, but then when he started taking the evil villain characters, got fed up of him.

cheers for ariel and hu ge anyways
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

ariel and huge are not the best,but will do

LOCH 2007 is definitely on my list of "must-watch" for the new year The trailer looks totally amazing and I have a good feeling that Hu Ge & Ariel will play their respectable characters to the best of their abilities. They won't be able to please every LOCH fan with their portrayals but I have faith that these they can do it. I like the fact that Ge Ge & Ariel are age-appropriate to play the roles....although, if I can remember, isn't Huang Yung only 18 yrs old or something in the novel, and Kwok Jing was only a bit older than her.

The only gripes I have about this new LOCH is that there was *already* a LOCH made not too long ago - the Zhou Xun/Li Ya peng version, which I thought was pretty good. The director should've waited a few more years to make another re-make...or better yet, direct an entirely different story and cast Ge Ge & Ariel as the leads. I would watch it in a heartbeat

When I first found out that Ge Ge was Kwok Jing, I thought to myself, "Nooo, he doesn't look like Kwok Jing at all!" He's a pretty boy and way too thin to play such a down-to-earth, powerful wu-xia figure. To me, Kwok Jing isn't ugly but nowhere in the book does it mention that he is as "pretty" as Hu Ge. I thought Ariel fitted the role of Huang Yung decently enough. She's not as pretty as the previous Huang Yung's (Barbara, Athena, Zhou Xun) but she's definitely cute as a button. But then I saw the promotional pics of Hu Ge and the trailer and WOW! He looks so much older and almost rugged-looking with the fly-away stray hairs and the dark colored costumes. His handsomeness was down-played and he looked more like the humble-looking Kwok Jing in my mind.

I read from IHuGe.net that production from LOCH 2007 is actually being pushed back until even August of next year b/c Ariel has to film "It Started w/ a Kiss 2." I'm anxious to see this series but I know that Ge Ge will need time to heal after that horrific accident. He had his skin grafted or something and the docs said that it'll take 6 mnths-1 year for him to fully recover. So, on the bright side, Ge Ge will have the sufficient recovery time to heal and bounce back from this tragedy to be a wonderful Kwok Jing that I know he can be!

I just hope that there are more trailers or an early release of the OST to keep us LOCH fans happy during this "down time."

The actor for YK really reminds me of a younger-looking HXM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

really? i remember someone commenting that he looked a bit like julian cheung...

though it would be kinda cool if they had gotten HXM to play YK
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver
    really? i remember someone commenting that he looked a bit like julian cheung...

though it would be kinda cool if they had gotten HXM to play YK
    Julian Cheung? I dont think so, Julian has more of a boyish, cheeky look whereas this actor has more of the cool, brooding, masculine look. HXM should be ok as YK because it doesnt require too much cheeky/mischevious acting
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

eh? isn't YK suppose to be mischevious? well, maybe not mischevious, but at least pretty "sly" or "slick"?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

in the modern pic, he looks more like HXM. I thought some of the promotion pics in ancient clothing, he looked like JUlian. The eyes mostly..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07