Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    If you've never seen LOCH, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more. Most people would prefer an original script. I don't mind Ariel, only that i'd find her much more appealing in another role, and not in another remake of LOCH, in a character where she's going to be up against some high class performances from other actresses who have taken the role.

Ariel and Hu Ge would be appealing in any other series, just not a loch adaptation. Besides, if you haven't seen LOCH before, you wouldn't have any idea about the character of HR and GJ, and IMO they're not the best cast to choose anyway, even if they can act.

I've watched all the adaptation of LOCH. Personally, my favorite is still the one in the 80s but strangely enough, I'm exciting to see this one. I'm kinda sick of remake but with Ariel and Hu Ge, I think they'll be able to bring us a different feel. Just my opinion though. I know many won't agree. I can't wait to see this.

who said Ariel isnt suited HR ? be quite please .

letz wait and see . u will be shocked . Ariel will make it even better .

Die 0-0-0 die

spcnet forum is becoming some kind of police state with readers not being allowed to criticise any series and any actors and actresses and told to just shutup and don't comment negatively. Even not to watch any series that we feel negative about.

Quote Originally Posted by bunruby

letz wait and see . u will be shocked . Ariel will make it even better .
    Last edited by Surferket; 06-11-06 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Die 0-0-0 die

spcnet forum is becoming some kind of police state with readers not being allowed to criticise any series and any actors and actresses and told to just shutup and don't comment negatively. Even not to watch any series that we feel negative about.
    Don't worry, i've managed to avoid death many many times with my criticisms of ROCH, so i doubt Ariel fans are going to kill me any time soon.

Let me make myself clear:

- I like Ariel and Hu Ge a lot as actors
    - i would love to watch them another series
    - Ariel and Hu Ge are definitely not suited for the characters of GJ and HR
    - in a LOCH adaptation, i would expect their chemistry to be strong, however not portray the characters as well as some other actresses might
    - from the director of CP, i would expect a very upbeat, modern LOCH, which could kill the mood a bit, if pop songs start coming in.
    - pop songs in CP were fine in that CP is a modern type adapation
    - it is too soon to make another lOCH adaptation, and i fear for Ariel and Hu Ge that this production will not be popular at all, especially in China, where a LOCH has recently been released

Quote Originally Posted by bunruby
    I'm going to hope that was said as a joke. Otherwise, you have no right to tell me not to express my opinion, and i think most people would agree that Ariel is not well suited to the part of HR.
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 06-13-06 at 03:27 AM.

I'm going to hope that was said as a joke. Otherwise, you have no right to tell me not to express my opinion, and i think most people would agree that Ariel is well suited to the part of HR.
    It's all misunderstanding, nobody is saying Ariel will be the best HR but we have to wait & see. Of course having a remake so soon isn't a great idea since many JY fans will compare it with older versions, not to mention about a possible upbeat & modern feel of LOCH!

Anyway I'm anticipating on the role of Yang Kang more since this LOCH will focus more on him... I remembered 83 version where YK died in the Nu Jia Village was very touching. Michael Miu did a great job as a YK, wonder who's gonna take up the role but highly doubt that this actor can fare better than Michael. (Zhou Jie's YK is horrible!! nothing to comment on him )

Omg... This is soo oversaid but Im gonna say it again... Ariel Lin as HR? Bad Move.

Sure shes a cute and pretty actress, but seriously a role like HR is suited for a different type of actress.

And gosh remake, remake, remake, dont they have better novels or storylines to spend their time and money producing?

Seriously.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hu Ge again though.

I enjoy the 2003 version of LOCH...the cast was good, hu ge gave me a bad impression in the Chinese Paladin. I hated the fight scenes, yucks!

Quote Originally Posted by z@rds
    I enjoy the 2003 version of LOCH...the cast was good, hu ge gave me a bad impression in the Chinese Paladin. I hated the fight scenes, yucks!
    LOL! Those fight scenes are meant for "supernatural" shows.. LOCH is a wuxia show, much more realistic than Chinese Paladin.. Don't worry..

Funny you have bad impressions of actors because of their fighting scenes..

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    LOL! Those fight scenes are meant for "supernatural" shows.. LOCH is a wuxia show, much more realistic than Chinese Paladin.. Don't worry..

Funny you have bad impressions of actors because of their fighting scenes..
    it makes sense though. I have a better impression of LYF as XLN because i enjoyed her fight scenes. Give her the same fight scenes as carman had in ROCH 95, and i wouldn't have liked her as much.

I thought there wasn't much fight scenes in Carmen's version?

it makes sense though. I have a better impression of LYF as XLN because i enjoyed her fight scenes. Give her the same fight scenes as carman had in ROCH 95, and i wouldn't have liked her as much.

I thought there wasn't much fight scenes in Carmen's version?
    yea, my point exactly. LYF in carman's situation would have it a lot tougher, because she wouldn't be able to exhibit her fighting moves, which is what i found the best about her performance. Thumbs up to LYF for doing a lot of the stunts

But surely you wouldn't say.. Go LYF! You should act this show because you did good fighting scenes, everybody knows that fighting scenes are arranged by the director/martial arts choreographer..

In zords case, Hu Ge's overall acting is determined by his overrated fighting scenes in Chinese Paladin. If his swordplay is terrible, then zord is right, but those scenes are way overrated because it was a "supernatural" show.. You can't say Hu Ge's fighting scenes will be equally overrated in LOCH right? The fighting in both shows are very different as a whole..

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    But surely you wouldn't say.. Go LYF! You should act this show because you did good fighting scenes, everybody knows that fighting scenes are arranged by the director/martial arts choreographer..

In zords case, Hu Ge's overall acting is determined by his overrated fighting scenes in Chinese Paladin. If his swordplay is terrible, then zord is right, but those scenes are way overrated because it was a "supernatural" show.. You can't say Hu Ge's fighting scenes will be equally overrated in LOCH right? The fighting in both shows are very different as a whole..
    Well, i guess it's not to such an extreme that i would fall in love with an actor or actress simply because their fighting skills, although i'm just trying to clarify that it might have a bigger impact on some people

i enjoyed Hu Ge's acting in CP, but his fighting scenes in LOCH, i would still say no guarentee, because it's produced by the same director as CP, and he is unlikely to launch into a mainland type big budget, beautiful scenery production. I would expect the fighting scenes to be similar to CP

How come in the TVB Chilam version of LOCH, GJ is not slow nor retarted? He's just a normal guy.

How come in the TVB Chilam version of LOCH, GJ is not slow nor retarted? He's just a normal guy.
    Ya lor... this version saw a smart guy instead of dumb GJ. The scene whereby GJ won the final test of reciting 9YZJ, Chilam immediately kneeled to kowtow HYS! This means that GJ knew the prospects of being HYS's son-in-law, I thought GJ should be in dilemma of whether to accept the marriage proposal since he already had one??

Anyway I hope that the fighting scenes will use lesser CGI but more on hand combats in this new LOCH. He Ge isn't a bad choice for GJ since he had a stupid look in TWFX too.

Anyone know if theres a LOCH03 with english subs?

I know people are entitled to there own opinions, therefore when someone says be quite, shutup and stop complaining before you see the series, that is their opinion.

But to have opinions you should have some support to back it up. To say that Ariel does not fit the role because of her appearance, personality or the way that she acts is not justified because
    1 no one has seen her performance for LOCH, although you may seen her in other series
    2 there is no clear way on how the character of HR should look (not that it really matters)
    3 actors bring characters to life, each adaptation brings about a new way at looking at things, with each person/adaptation bringing out a certain uniqueness therefore it hard to distinguish on whether there is a "correct way" to portray the characters. (This series is not non fiction, even if it were, there is no way to know what truly happened to the detail, unless you have a time machine)
    4 People are entitled to there own opinions, one person may like the adaption while others may not, so if why condemn something that has not even been produced. if people aren't willing to keep an open mind and express negative opinions before even seeing the new LOCH, I guess they are free to do so. Because everyone in these forum has the right to express their opinion
    Last edited by tamitiafo; 06-28-06 at 12:59 AM.

I totally agree with you tamitaifo. You can really criticize someone by their looks when the thing is not even produced yet. These negative points you viewers are saying is just making others drop this serie and not want to watch it. When it's out and you seen it, than you should give your opinion on if it is good or bad. What is the whole point of giving your opinion now when it haven't even came out. Please more optimistic, not pessimistic.

It's not how they look, but the cast. The cast don't seem to "fit" the characters of LOCH especially Nicholas Tse. Nicholas Tse is in good shape and skinny and seems at least a bit smart. GJ is big and strong type of person and dumb even though he has talent in martial arts. He is a bit like a modern football player.
    I will still watch it because it's LOCH, but I have to admit that I don't have a lot of confidence in this.

i'm afraid that this series will turn out to be half wuxia/comedy series.