Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    TommyH, yes that is GF from the ROCH06 version. Her name is Chen Sa Sa.

Truly unfortunate news to hear yet another adaptation of LOCH. Producers in China must be desperate to have the novel remade so soon. Where are all the talented writers? Is there no other novels out there worthy of being made into a series? Although Nic Tse as YH will be interesting. At least he has the looks down. He should have been in the LOCH2003 version. Oh well, I'll probably skip this version if it does get made. For me, no cast has yet surpass the brilliance of the 82 series in the lead and supporting roles.

I agree. Why don't they make other novel adaptions of JY? Or why don't they make adapt novels of GL or LYS? I guess they like JY more...

i would love to see a different adaption of gu long instead...and since most scriptwriters tend to change the story it would be nice if the scriptwriters focus on the ending of gu long's stories and change it to the audience's liking or at least give a better feel for closure.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i would love to see a different adaption of gu long instead...and since most scriptwriters tend to change the story it would be nice if the scriptwriters focus on the ending of gu long's stories and change it to the audience's liking or at least give a better feel for closure.
    I'd like another adaption of The Romantic Swordsman (Little Dagger Lee). When was the last adaption? Was it the 1980's TVB version? That was a while ago. Or maybe Luk Siu Fung...

I thought this one isn't truly decided yet. While Ms. Lin is very cute hasn't she only done those idol type serials popular with teenagers until now?
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    I have a feeling that this adaptation has come about because, due to the poor reception of LOCH03, the producers still see a LOCH-shaped gap in the market.
    I couldn't agree with you more on this. LOCH03 didn't really do it for me. It was beautifully filmed and presented, but it was such a bore to watch. They need to lighten up the tone a little bit more...and I'm sure Li Guo Li's version will give us just that.

Hey There,

i think arial did a great job in tian wai fei xian, and hu ge has great acting skills... however you guys shouldnt judge a book by its cover, though its a remake but who knows how would it be?

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!another one..............but that Huang Rong is ugly(sorry that's just my opinion. Why can't they pick a better looking Huang rong, isn't she suppose to be beautiful in the novel??????????????In my opinion Nic would make a very good Yang kang, because he good at villians roles......................I wonder who's going to be Guo Jin??????????????????i HOPE THIS ONE IS NOT LIKE THE 2003 ONE, BECAUSE THE 2003 ONE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD EXSPECIALLY THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYED HUANG RONG(I really hated her voice). I hope they will; choose a good looking girl to play Nic lover in this version, because in the novel she suppose to be beautiful..............like Huang Rong

i would not watch this if only for the HR

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.northeast.cn/0/01/03/23/1032344_584877.jpg')

IMO, Weng Mei Ling Barbara Yung is the best Huang Rong i've seen so far... ZX would have been good too if the voiceover wasn't so terrible

but ariel........... sorry, i don't think the directors familiar with the idea of HR at all... ariel is not pretty enough and not intelligent looking enough either

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.139mp3.com/ent/UploadFiles_5623/200601/200611882520863.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/20060210/3161605.jpg')

I agree she not pretty at all, what the hell is the director thinking?????????????????????

Blah...shes comparable to all the previous WY's.

ANyone who has an ill preconceived notion that Ariel will not make a good Huang Rong should give "Tian Wai Fei Xian" (Fairy from the Wonderland) tv series a try and watch Ariel's performance in there. She does look and act like Huang Rong. She may not be pretty enough, but she's certainly charming enough. If I hadn't seen Tian Wai Fei Xian, I'd probably think Li Guo Li's crazy for casting her as Huang Rong.

director.... CRAZY

first there's that small gap between LOCH 03 and this new version

secondly, you have to choose a decent looking HR... Ariel can look kinda cute...but she's not as beautiful and cute as HR...

i don't think Barbara is very beautiful... but she's cute and pretty, and in comparison to ariel... a lot better looking

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/28-3-45499_36.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/loch17.jpg')

Zhou Xun is also average looking IMO, but is still a lot prettier than Ariel is....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/huangrong4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/huangrong1.jpg')

the girl in the 94 version, i can't remember her name, but she was quite beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/LOCH_94.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    director.... CRAZY

first there's that small gap between LOCH 03 and this new version

secondly, you have to choose a decent looking HR... Ariel can look kinda cute...but she's not as beautiful and cute as HR...

i don't think Barbara is very beautiful... but she's cute and pretty, and in comparison to ariel... a lot better looking

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/28-3-45499_36.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/loch17.jpg')

Zhou Xun is also average looking IMO, but is still a lot prettier than Ariel is....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/huangrong4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/huangrong1.jpg')

the girl in the 94 version, i can't remember her name, but she was quite beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/O-O-O/LOCH_94.jpg')
    Are u serious? These 3 cute? pretty? beautiful?

We obviously have Very different tastes in women

actually, the three selected females who played hr are attractive except their beauty is better appreciated on screen than in a still photo.

athena chu (94 hr)-as much as i disliked her interpretation of hr, i have to admit that she is very attractive and she has been voted as china's sexiest woman at one point.

zhou xun-a truly wonderful actress who's presence grows on you with each episode. actually, i think she fits the description fine as she has this glow in her eyes and her vibrance on screen is undeniable.

barbara yung-it's very unfortunate that the 80s taste in make up is so horrid but she has the most mesmerizing and sparkling pair of eyes. if she was still alive in this society, the competition might be different as the 80's stars tend to be older than today's' stars when acting the same roles. however, she is my favorite hr thanks to her natural acting skills.

again, not every star is photogenic. these three women look better on moving camera than in stills...just like not every photogenci stars can look great on moving camera. and i think it's because a still picture cannot truly capture a person's on screen charisma which all three ladies possess.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHe
    Hey There,

i think arial did a great job in tian wai fei xian, and hu ge has great acting skills... however you guys shouldnt judge a book by its cover, though its a remake but who knows how would it be?
    Too bad Hu Ge will only have a minor role in here, though. I doubt I'll watch this series unless they cast an exceptional Guo Jing to balance the main cast.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

[QUOTE=0-0-0]sorry, but Ariel is just not HR in any way to me at all...

i agree... i think yang mi is fit for the HR role b/c she's spunky and has a clever look
    Last edited by funnybunny; 04-14-06 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    actually, the three selected females who played hr are attractive except their beauty is better appreciated on screen than in a still photo.

athena chu (94 hr)-as much as i disliked her interpretation of hr, i have to admit that she is very attractive and she has been voted as china's sexiest woman at one point.

zhou xun-a truly wonderful actress who's presence grows on you with each episode. actually, i think she fits the description fine as she has this glow in her eyes and her vibrance on screen is undeniable.

barbara yung-it's very unfortunate that the 80s taste in make up is so horrid but she has the most mesmerizing and sparkling pair of eyes. if she was still alive in this society, the competition might be different as the 80's stars tend to be older than today's' stars when acting the same roles. however, she is my favorite hr thanks to her natural acting skills.

again, not every star is photogenic. these three women look better on moving camera than in stills...just like not every photogenci stars can look great on moving camera. and i think it's because a still picture cannot truly capture a person's on screen charisma which all three ladies possess.
    Basically everything you said!!! nice to know that some people do think those three HR's were quite attractive

i think all the HRs have been decent acting wise, some better than others... all had good on screen chemistry with GJ

i don't think there is any way to call the three of them unattractive... they all had a fair bit of charisma when they performed the role of HR.... ariel has never looked pretty to me onscreen or off, so unless GJ is wonderfully cast, i will probably regard this LOCH as a total flop, not worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by funnybunny
    i think yang mi is fit for the HR role b/c she's spunky and has a clever look
    Yes, how i would love to see Yang Mi as HR. She has the looks and charm, is a natural at adorable scenes and i think would very well manage the cunning nature of HR as well.

Actually i dont really mind Ariel after seeing her in TWFX, but she tends to exaggerate the cute and naughty factor quite abit, which can come off pretty unnatural at times, very taiwanese, alyssa chia type of acting.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

[QUOTE=funnybunny]
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i agree... i think yang mi is fit for the HR role b/c she's spunky and has a clever look
    Noooo....save her for the part of ZM

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Noooo....save her for the part of ZM
    why can't she do both? ZM and HR are very similar except HR was not as evil. and plus, HR always held the number spot in GJ's heart but the CMK was completely clueless as to he loved most until the very end..grr...but otherwise, CMK was a great catch and it would be nice to see yang mi beat the other ladies...

sunny-speaking of alyssa (even though i know this wasn't your intention at all in your posting), i wouldn't mind seeing alyssa portray HR...i thought she did a fine job as ZM even if it was cartoonish at times...but it made the series more enjoyable for me. for sure, neither alyssa nor ariel could do a worse job than athena (who i have to say looked perfect for the role).

0-0-0 i think i will pass on this series too, very tired of jy's remake...unless it has one of the actresses that i like leading it. i'd rather see a gu long remake now...even if his male protagonists are pigs...at least the storyline will be refreshing.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-14-06 at 01:55 AM.