Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    well i dont know to me i think ariel lin actually looks better then zhou zun and hu ge looks more cooler then li ya peng( man this sounds gay saying this) my bros sis and friends thinks the same..only series i actually like lyp was in number one in the world. he fit those quiet type characters which doesnt smile much since he has like a big forehead which looks something like a frankenstein u know. hu ge looks natural in ancient drama he looks handsome yet honest kind ariel looks cute and i guess since shes gotten skinner she looks little hotter cunning i guess now thats why i cant wait for this series to air..as far as the other casts they been playing in series since 80s(well people playing ou yang fong and hong chi gong at least) and the others are fairly good actors/actress that ive seen in other dramas. plus in all of zz's production he uses same casting over i mean this director does the same but they usually play different roles and actually fit them. man if they were to use nic tse as yang kang this this drama would ve killed since he would ve fit the role as a bad guy with his cool looks
    That is exactly why I have doubts on Hu Ge playing GJ. GJ is not suppose to look 'cool' or 'handsome'. He's suppose to look like the definiton of LYP that you gave. He was raised in rough conditions making him have a tougher/rugged appearance. Not soft/light skin and skinny like Hu Ge. The attempts of the costume designer tries to clothe Hu Ge heavily to make him look 'bigger' and 'buffer' but it doesn't work imo. GJ is suppose to look 'stupid' compared to JY's other main leads. That is why LYP fitted that role for most of us. Hu Ge doesn't pass my vision of GJ in terms of look and acting.

well in the novel i v believe it never stated guo jing as ugly or handsome...he s like chang wu ji-chang mo kei. not really aware of the world or u can say street smart. well anyway i guess i m just bias or something then i rather have a cool looking main lead then one that looks retarted or acts retarted u know which makes a series better. u feel more emotional if the characters looks good and can act good which makes u feel their emotions but if the character doesnt look good and acts retarted it makes it all just plain out retarted..only reason i watched 03 version is because its a condor hero or jin yong series and zhou zun looks cute in some of her costumes, plus the cgi of da 18 dragon palm looks cool. only dislike is casting zhou zun was okay but if they wud ve made lyp not act retarted then it would ve been better but he was just too annoying imo and my brothers and sisters.

well in the novel i v believe it never stated guo jing as ugly or handsome...he s like chang wu ji-chang mo kei. not really aware of the world or u can say street smart. well anyway i guess i m just bias or something then i rather have a cool looking main lead then one that looks retarted or acts retarted u know which makes a series better. u feel more emotional if the characters looks good and can act good which makes u feel their emotions but if the character doesnt look good and acts retarted it makes it all just plain out retarted..only reason i watched 03 version is because its a condor hero or jin yong series and zhou zun looks cute in some of her costumes, plus the cgi of da 18 dragon palm looks cool. only dislike is casting zhou zun was okay but if they wud ve made lyp not act retarted then it would ve been better but he was just too annoying imo and my brothers and sisters.
    How did he act retarded?

This is the description of Guo Jing.

Guo Jing is described in the story as having thick eyebrows and large eyes, of sturdy and strong stature, and a complexion that is somewhere between dark and fair. He is frequently described as "dumb", "slow", and inarticulate, thereby the complete opposite of his love interest, the clever and witty Huang Rong.
    Last edited by GuGu; 07-20-07 at 11:57 PM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    How did he act retarded?
    yea id like to know how retarded his acting was too....LYP's GJ is a lot of things, i mean, he's stupid, dumb, slow, oblivious, etc etc, but retarded is not one of the words id describe him.....

well in the novel i v believe it never stated guo jing as ugly or handsome...he s like chang wu ji-chang mo kei. not really aware of the world or u can say street smart.
    JY gave GJ's appareance a totally different desciption from ZWJ! The latter was written to exude a certain manly charm and was good-looking. GJ on the other hand, was like what Gugu has said. In addition, JY mentioned he was somewhat average-looking and not in anyway handsome.

And GJ is far from being or looking street smart. HR easily conned him the very first time he travelled out into the central plains.

u feel more emotional if the characters looks good and can act good which makes u feel their emotions but if the character doesnt look good and acts retarted it makes it all just plain out retarted..
    Huh? If looks and appearances are all that matter, then we might as well get a whole bunch of models or vases to star in the series. It doesnt matter whether they fit the descriptions of the character since all the person has to do is to look good. BTW, i dont think Ariel looks very good, as in beauty-wise, but i dont deny that she is a pretty good actress, and thus, like ZX, might do HR justice even without looking all that beautiful and gorgeous.

That is exactly why I have doubts on Hu Ge playing GJ. GJ is not suppose to look 'cool' or 'handsome'. He's suppose to look like the definiton of LYP that you gave. He was raised in rough conditions making him have a tougher/rugged appearance. Not soft/light skin and skinny like Hu Ge. The attempts of the costume designer tries to clothe Hu Ge heavily to make him look 'bigger' and 'buffer' but it doesn't work imo. GJ is suppose to look 'stupid' compared to JY's other main leads. That is why LYP fitted that role for most of us. Hu Ge doesn't pass my vision of GJ in terms of look and acting.
    My thoughts exactly. Hu Ge's appearance is more suited to play someone like YG or ZWJ. U know, the typical handsome and charismatic hero. He has this natural smart and cheeky aura/charm about him which isn't how GJ is supposed to come across to the audience. And i agree that the extra pile of clothing and ruggard clothes/hair makes him look somewhat awkward to me. But well, like what happened for ZX, and possibly Ariel, his acting might make up for it.

Just my thoughts about the appearance of the casts though, nothing to undermine their performances whatsoever
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-21-07 at 08:10 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

actually, i thought LYP's GJ was kind of retarded. It's the way he dubbed his own voice and sounded stupid in an exaggerated way. For example, Felix seemed dumb in his performance, but it was a natural dumbness, while LYPs seemed very forced and unnatural.

on the other hand, Hu Ge would be much better off playing Yang Guo than Guo Jing. Ariel would be better off playing someone like Zhong Ling than Huang Rong.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    actually, i thought LYP's GJ was kind of retarded. It's the way he dubbed his own voice and sounded stupid in an exaggerated way. For example, Felix seemed dumb in his performance, but it was a natural dumbness, while LYPs seemed very forced and unnatural.
    *nods fervently*
    GJ was described as not being "bright" and a bit "slow" at understanding things. He wasn't the best speaker but he sure as hell didn't need to sound the way LYP made him out to be, with the constant laggings and deepening his voice. just cuz he's "slow" doesn't mean he needs to speak in a monotonous tone and sound lethargic and bored

GJ's dumbness was suppose to be more of an element of innocence and simple-mindedness rather than being straightfoward retardedness. he doesn't have to look "dumb" but rather more "innocent".

LYP was a rather "plain looking" GJ in my opinion, but if ZJZ had casted him as Linghu Chong prior, then there must be some people who think LYP is charismatic enough. plus, i'm sure there were many fans who considered Felix a handsome man when he was casted the role of GJ. And Chilam is indeed handsome, too. beauty in the eye of the beholder afterall (so for me anyone tall, big eyed, and thick brow, works for me )
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-23-07 at 04:27 AM.

well like i said before not to be rude but lyp looks like a frankenstein. i guest when people call him retarted by is like others stated the way he talks studders etc like a (not to be rude) a retarted person. the way he always life his head up or his chin will be up while speaking. i mean i like the 03 verison since its condor heroes but dislike most of the old castings that didnt fit their role, especially yang kang. and if they were to use all models etc it ll be eye catchy definitely but if they cant act then whats the point? thats why tvb s been doing i believe, using hk models into there series. you need good looking people that can act and convice u with their looks and attitude. well i guess with these castings it ll always make everyone compare the old with new back and forth which makes it fun. well all i gotta say is wait til the series come out. btw anyone know if there doing the little kid guo jing part? i hate those kids part hope they dont

i hear they're doing it as a flashback...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    i hear they're doing it as a flashback...
    Taking a leaf or 2 outta ZJZ's ROCH diary?
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

well thats cool then hate the kids part in these series just like seeing the adult/teen version to start off the story. wonder how they are going to start off the story then? guo jing is in mainland meets huang rong then i guess? well i hope the change in story like how the director stated will be good showing different perspective and focusing also on more on yang kang and ou yang kei.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Taking a leaf or 2 outta ZJZ's ROCH diary?
    i'm sure ZJZ is not the inventor of such techniques

well thats cool then hate the kids part in these series just like seeing the adult/teen version to start off the story. wonder how they are going to start off the story then? guo jing is in mainland meets huang rong then i guess? well i hope the change in story like how the director stated will be good showing different perspective and focusing also on more on yang kang and ou yang kei.
    OYK looks pretty good in this one My favourite casting apart from Kathy Chow as Bao Xi Ruo.

OYK looks pretty good in this one My favourite casting apart from Kathy Chow as Bao Xi Ruo.

u mean kathy chou hai mei? wow i like her
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

OYK actually fits quite well
    the dude that portrays him is fit to act girlyish guy roles
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

is OYK suppose to be girly? i thought he was just suppose to look extremely perverted. though, from the pics, the guy casted as OYK does have that perverted smile on his face

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    is OYK suppose to be girly? i thought he was just suppose to look extremely perverted. though, from the pics, the guy casted as OYK does have that perverted smile on his face
    yea, a big pervert
    and he does have the looks of it
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Legend of Condor Heroes 2006? wat? then ROCH 2008 is coming out soon too? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    Legend of Condor Heroes 2006? wat? then ROCH 2008 is coming out soon too? :-D
    Did you get it mixed up? Isn't it ROCH 2006, then next up is LOCH 2008. right?

Did you get it mixed up? Isn't it ROCH 2006, then next up is LOCH 2008. right?

lol....u got it mixed up....y go backward? if LOCH 2007 o w/e...then after tat is ROCH 2009? kekekeke hope LYF play XLN again kekekek