Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Barbara Yung, Athena Chu & Zhou Zun (as much as I hate LOCH 03) are fit to play HR. They have that pretty, smart, little bit cunning & mischieve look on them. HR is a VERY clever woman in JY's universe (maybe the smartest one even).

I honestly can't see Ariel Lin plays HR. She just doesn't have that look (she doesn't even look pretty). Yang Mi is way too cute, I don't think she has the smart & cunning look either.
    HR is supposed to be in her late teens in LOCH as is Guo Jing. Being pretty or beautiful is a gift of nature, but showing intelligence and cunning is a gift of acting. Li Qian is an actress with the acting gift that stands head and shoulders above most others. She's cute, not beautiful; but she would be a superb HR otherwise. GJ should be portrayed by a taller actor and not a shrimp. The choices should be made based on the book's descriptions and acting ability; not on popularity. Regardless, they'll sell a huge number of DVD/VCDs anyway and, unless it's a real stinker, will just add another version to the 'which is best' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    HR is supposed to be in her late teens in LOCH as is Guo Jing. Being pretty or beautiful is a gift of nature, but showing intelligence and cunning is a gift of acting. Li Qian is an actress with the acting gift that stands head and shoulders above most others. She's cute, not beautiful; but she would be a superb HR otherwise. GJ should be portrayed by a taller actor and not a shrimp. The choices should be made based on the book's descriptions and acting ability; not on popularity. Regardless, they'll sell a huge number of DVD/VCDs anyway and, unless it's a real stinker, will just add another version to the 'which is best' argument.

i highly disagree with you...li qian would be the most annoying hr if she were to ever get the role. disregarding her looks or lack of, her acting is so so...as her character in TOB was not complex nor difficult to portray...and she still managed to be annoying. HR has some annoying characteristics in addition to millions of redeeming qualities, getting li qian to play the character will kill HR for me just like charmaine sheh killed ZZR for me (thank goodness GYY restored ZZR for me). i almost died laughing that someone thought li qian would make a "superb HR."

next topic-of course among the current actresses, i would rather have yang mi than any other actress get the role of ZM. but really, i'd rather yang mi play HR as HR is much more memorable and more likeable. plus, it'll give her more screen time too...Yes, Yang mi is absolutely cute, but she is also extremely beautiful. GX's is such an adorable character and yang mi's costume for gx was sooooo horrid that it was hard to appreciate exactly how beautiful yang mi really is. i have full confidence that yang mi would look perfect as HR, now it's a matter of fine-tuning her acting skills. but hey, she cannot do a worse job than athena chu and even then there are people who appreciated athena's effort...just not me.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-14-06 at 02:51 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Why would they produce another LOCH when the one with Li Ya Peng and Zhou Xun just came out like 2 years ago??? And now with ROCH 06 out, I think people are being overwhelmed with the condor hero stories. Unless the new LOCH can top all the other versions, which I doubt, I don't think there will be much of an audience.

The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

what role does huge and nicholis tse have?
    "The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation form the self." - Albert Einstein

Currently Writing: Lotus in the Wind
    Dragon, Phoenix, and Flower

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I agree that intelligence & cunningness can be part of the acting. But HR is very smart....her face at least has to show how smart she is. The best actress that has HR's look is Susanna Au Yeung PuiSan in ROCH 83. And yes, I know she's playing older HR, but still...just by looking at her you can guess that she's pretty smart & cunning too. I can't picture a dumb-looking actress playing HR eventhough she has great acting skills.

And many current actresses look very young eventhough they might be in late 20s or early 30s. As long as they don't look too old or still beliavable as a teen, it's fine. You cannot expect every role to be played by actresses/actor that has same real age as that role.

I personally think Ariel will be able to pull of the smart, witty HR despite all the criticism here. You guys just have to watch TWFX to believe me. Maybe that's why the director decided to choose her for the role. I agree that my first impression of Ariel is not so good, she look so much better in motion and way too adorable! I think her acting is really good too.

As for Nicholas, I heard he'll be taking on the character of Yang Kang but then the most recent news, it said that Hu Ge may be playing either Yang Kang or Guo Jing. So it seem more like Nic will be Yang Kang and Hu Ge as Guo Jing.

I agree, i think that Ariel will make a good HR. I thought that Hu Ge will not be playing Guo Jing becuase of some complications, which is a pitty. I would have loved to see them together again. I love them in TWFX.

Zhou Xun left a pretty lasting impression in my mind as Huang Rong...

Hopefully they'll have better costumes this time.

But honestly, a remake ALREADY? 2003 was like, only three years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    But honestly, a remake ALREADY? 2003 was like, only three years ago!
    That LOCH 2003 by ZJZ should have never been made. It was so boring! None of the main cast was even charming, with the exception of Shui Ling. And it was very dark. Actually come to think of it, ZJZ isn't really a good director.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    That LOCH 2003 by ZJZ should have never been made. It was so boring! None of the main cast was even charming, with the exception of Shui Ling. And it was very dark. Actually come to think of it, ZJZ isn't really a good director.
    ZJZ as the producer always seems to overshadow the actual directors of the series he's involved in. Personally I like most of ZJZ's works (especially XAJH 2001 and SGYY), but not LOCH 2003.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    ZJZ as the producer always seems to overshadow the actual directors of the series he's involved in. Personally I like most of ZJZ's works (especially XAJH 2001 and SGYY), but not LOCH 2003.
    i wasn't a fan of LOCH 02... i thought ZJZ's best work was XAJH, and i know ROCH fans will kill me for saying this, but XAJH was my fav of his works... LOCH can be done a lot better, and i have seen ariel act... she's good, but being a good actress is not the only thing that matters... i mean, take Alyssa, who i think is reasonably good acting wise.... but i don't think she's appropriate for all roles... and i think i would die if she played someone like XLN.... she can act, but that's really only half the deal... ariel can act, but she is just nowhere near the perfect HR image wise

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i wasn't a fan of LOCH 02... i thought ZJZ's best work was XAJH, and i know ROCH fans will kill me for saying this, but XAJH was my fav of his works... LOCH can be done a lot better, and i have seen ariel act... she's good, but being a good actress is not the only thing that matters... i mean, take Alyssa, who i think is reasonably good acting wise.... but i don't think she's appropriate for all roles... and i think i would die if she played someone like XLN.... she can act, but that's really only half the deal... ariel can act, but she is just nowhere near the perfect HR image wise
    I agree XAJH was an absolutely stunning series

I've yet to see XAJH despite hearing all the praises because i cant seem to find it in stores here, but with XAJH outta the pic, LOCH is ZJZ's best JY adaptation so far for me..his subsequent ones just didnt stand out or wow me.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I am surprised sunnysnow.. i thought u would succumb to the ROCH06 trend I myself did not think the adaption was all that in terms of the story.. but cinematography wa top notched.

I don't see why they need to make another LOCH so soon.... Ariel, i don't see much HR in... and Nic Tse, looks too much like a punk to play theh dumb GUo Jing. I can see him as Yang Kang.. not GJ
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

i think XAJH had the classic feel that LOCH had... many complained it was boring and dark, but i thought the scenery and music was similar to LOCH, and was very good

DGSD and ROCH were very much just eye-candy series... i thought both were kind of shallow, despite all the hype about it... Special effects were also kind of overused, that's why i liked XAJH, which was basically co-ordinated, practised fighting moves, no special effect overkill

also, XAJH, is the only one with consistent acting IMO. although no one likes LYP, i think he did a very good job in XAJH, much better than his role as GJ.... and Xu Qing as RYY was an excellent choice, one of the reasons i picked it up.... none of ZJZ's other series have satisfied me with the acting of the leads

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHe
    Come on what gen are you in, still in your 80's, for crying out loud people now days listen to pop music from theme songs such as

s.h.e - yi yan wan nian
    tank - qian nian lai
    as much as i like pop music... i don't think its appropriate for LOCH... i loved the theme Sha Po Lang and Liu Yue De Yu in CHinese paladin... but putting those songs onto LOCH would probably destroy the series completely

its almost like putting RnB onto LOCH, which surely many of you could understand

as much as i like pop music... i don't think its appropriate for LOCH... i loved the theme Sha Po Lang and Liu Yue De Yu in CHinese paladin... but putting those songs onto LOCH would probably destroy the series completely

its almost like putting RnB onto LOCH, which surely many of you could understand
    Pop music should work fine if the film is fast-paced and exciting to watch. Check out Fairy from the Wonderland (Tian Wai Fei Xian)....all the music in the soundtrack are pop music and it works with this ancient drama series!

I hope Li Guo Li will continue the trend of using beautiful pop music with LOCH 06. Both Chinese Paladin and Fairy from the Wonderland have a great soundtrack, and both have their OST for sale on cds.

A great soundtrack is what makes half of a movie/film/production entertaining. I doubt that LOCH 82 would be as memorable and good if it didn't have those awesome theme songs and soundtrack!

i think XAJH had the classic feel that LOCH had... many complained it was boring and dark, but i thought the scenery and music was similar to LOCH, and was very good

DGSD and ROCH were very much just eye-candy series... i thought both were kind of shallow, despite all the hype about it... Special effects were also kind of overused, that's why i liked XAJH, which was basically co-ordinated, practised fighting moves, no special effect overkill
    none of ZJZ's other series have satisfied me with the acting of the leads

I totall understand...pop in a classic wuxia show? It'll totally kill the mood for me.

I've been wanting to see XAJH but i cant find it in any of the video shops.

Some stuff noticed by some mainland JY fans which i find rather true is ZJZ's concentration on using lots of eye candy with average acting (doesnt matter as long as they are very popular with the audience) but make up for it with huge spending on CGIs, cinematogrophy and promotions/hype..just check out sites like sina who have been singing praises of ROCH non-stop, totally ignoring all the obvious flaws. In other words, ZJZ is and he himself has admitted to be styling his recent series to fit more of the teenage crowd, that's why all the faster-pacing, eye candy, focus on CGI and tons of romance etc. All that take priority over the acting.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i don't understand why there is so much praise for ROCH... i thought it was very average, and i thought there were some very bad parts like the final battle, making YG and XLN the only ones that seemed capable of doing ANYTHING....

HXM too, has received applause for his acting.... which really really annoys me becuase LYP copped so much for his as GJ, which was nowhere near as bad as HXM as YG

i'm annoyed at ZJZ for making his last two adaptations merely eye candy... that's why there was so much focus on XLN.... if there had been less focus, i would have been willing to see LYF in more roles, but since i felt like i was just constantly staring at her face, i no longer want to see her act in any adaptation

i think you should definitely watch XAJH, it'll be very interesting to see how ZJZ has gone since the making of XAJH, a very classic feel similar to LOCH... i feel as if ZJZ has just gone downhill as the years have gone by... as my order is:

1)XAJH
    2)LOCH
    3)DGSD
    4)ROCH

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge

I heard that Zhang Ji Zhong only directed some of the 84 episodes of San Guo Yan Yi, not all of 'em. This was a project that the Chinese government funded, and so many directors were hired to take on this extravagantly huge production. Anyway, that's the thing about ZJZ....all of his series have one thing in common...they're too serious. It's fine to be serious if you're filming a documentary or a historical drama, but if you're filming an action martial arts flick, then chances are you're gonna' turn it into something very bland and boring. Bland and boring is tolerable for a 2-3 hour movie (think of crouching tiger hidden dragon, hero, and all of those artsy-fartsy mainland china flicks), but otherwise, anything beyond 3 hours is like putting the viewers' patience to the test.....and so, where's the entertainment value in that?

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    I heard that Zhang Ji Zhong only directed some of the 84 episodes of San Guo Yan Yi, not all of 'em. This was a project that the Chinese government funded, and so many directors were hired to take on this extravagantly huge production. Anyway, that's the thing about ZJZ....all of his series have one thing in common...they're too serious. It's fine to be serious if you're filming a documentary or a historical drama, but if you're filming an action martial arts flick, then chances are you're gonna' turn it into something very bland and boring. Bland and boring is tolerable for a 2-3 hour movie (think of crouching tiger hidden dragon, hero, and all of those artsy-fartsy mainland china flicks), but otherwise, anything beyond 3 hours is like putting the viewers' patience to the test.....and so, where's the entertainment value in that?
    lol... too serious.... you clearly haven't seen ROCH... as much of a chick flick type teen movie as the american stuff..... nothing profound at all