Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

The cast looks so comfortable together. Hopefully their compatibility will transition to dramatic manifestations on the screen.

One of these days some channel is gonna make a parody of LOCH in the style of the all-star cast in '92. I just know it.

Hi red! Yup, I’m finally here =D

Qin_Shu_Bao, yeah, the cast and crew seem to have a good rapport, and it's not just the leads. A lot of the Sina blogs of the minor characters show a lot of friendly interaction between *all* of the characters and some of the crew, too

Radken
    , aww, I don’t know if I could handle a LOCH spoof, because I love the story so much. It would have to be a *really* good spoof for my to like it =)

Some of you may already know, but LOCH is pretty definitely showing in *May*, instead of July or later, as was originally thought!

Two new articles/TV critic reviews about the new May airing date for LOCH! (Credit to ihuge.net)
    (Translated by online translator, so not very good)

Jin Yong produced big plays coming soon

This year I have two gorgeous big screen production will be boarded Hangzhou - Huang Xiaoming version of the "Ludingji" will be staged on March landing Zhejiang Entertainment channel, Hu version of the song "Legend of the Eagle-Shooting Heroes," May appearance Zhejiang Education Celebrities.

"Legend of the Eagle-Shooting Heroes," starring Hu Ge, for the accident twists and turns, was concerned. The performances by Hu Ge, Lin Yi Chen, Wei Kong, Anthony Wong, and many other star cast, this is a good martial arts idol drama. According to the current exposure of the trailers, special effects is still quite good.

[ZT]] [2008/02/17 City Express reproducibility new classic "Legend of the Eagle-Shooting Heroes" on the stalls in May

"Heroes of the shooting"

On the file date: May 2008

Broadcast platform: Zhejiang Educational Technology Channel

Expect index: * * * * (four stars)

Major film production team: star - Hu Song Linyichen directors - Li National

Reasons for concern: from "Xianjianaixia Biography" "Tian wai fei xian" production company produced the hit drama Copy Mainland Jin Yong record for the fastest speed. New version of "Legend of the Eagle-Shooting Heroes" with the shooting of the song-a series of setbacks in the accident, during this period, a rare entertainment circle on the value of Vanity Fair insisted staged - investment, such as the adherence of a good return Hu Ge injury; pre-television adhere to wait for the make good TV broadcast on the many insist only the insistence of the Hu Ge, our commitment to return to after the accident actor posts. Weiyanhao Guo Jing Daxia temperament, he desperately Dabingchuyu fitness fertility; At the same time, but in order to Linyichen "Rong’er" slimming feel like work. In addition, Anthony Wong version of Huang Yaoshi is looking forward very cool.
    Last edited by swimfishyswim06; 02-23-08 at 04:46 PM.

"heroes of the shooting"?
    not that "legend of the condor heroes" is any more accurate, but the new title sounds awfuly odd

btw, isn't it hu ge, not hu song? or did they take a literial translation of the name??

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    "heroes of the shooting"?
    not that "legend of the condor heroes" is any more accurate, but the new title sounds awfuly odd

btw, isn't it hu ge, not hu song? or did they take a literial translation of the name??
    hu song? that has made my day

Heroes of the shooting ... grammar... i don't know

Seems like they used a translator and only fixed some sentences that needed fixing for a general understanding.

May?
    This will work out! After all that waiting.....

lol I'm pretty sure it was google translater.....
    OMG MAY! FINALLY......yay so excited! After all that waiting........

Wonder what the theme song is.....? We should have a GG/YC duet Hopefullly we'll have something cool like Tian Di Zai Wo Xin Zhong or something sweet like Zhen Qing Zhen Mei. Sry, theme song matters a lot to me...

Anyways, really excited for this!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Haha, everyone, it was Google translator, which is a horrible translator, but it gives the general gist. I can't read Chinese, but if someone who can read Chinese would like me to post up the original articles, I'd be happy to I thought it was cool that two reviewers are already anticipating LOCH along with us. I changed the title and "Hu Song" to Hu Ge. If anyone is willing and able to translate one or both of the LOCH articles, please let me know!

Anyway, yay, so happy about the new May airing time!

red, the theme song *is* really important. I hope they'll have something beautiful for the theme. I'm a little scared, to be honest. I know a Hu Ge song will be on the OST somewhere (and I like Hu Ge and his songs, don't get me wrong), but I'm hoping that that the company won't to anything silly like use the Hu Ge song for one of the major themes. (They wouldn't, would they? *trembles imagining an entire pop OST for LOCH*)
    I'm excited to hear Huang Rong's ancient song on the boat with Guo Jing, though (which won't be on the OST). Ariel did a good job of singing part of the butterfly lovers' opera a capella in Love Me If You Can.

One thing I'm most looking forward to for each of the main leads:

Hu Ge - dragon palms (and martial arts in general)
    Ariel Lin/Lin Yi Chen - acting (in general, but especially for serious, heartwrenching scenes)
    Yuan Hong - acting (especially in the "torn between good and evil" parts)
    Liu Shi Shi - martial arts (especially Joust for a Spouse!)

EDIT: New LOCH news links!

New-ish clips of the earlier LOCH promo in December '07 or Jan '08 (can't remember exactly):

Credit to ifly.tv and ihuge.net

News clip of rain pouring in during Dec/Jan promo (pretty funny) + a few filming BTS's + short interview with Hu Ge about Guo Jing and Rong'er's love:
    http://show.hifly.tv/p69_MzUwMDQ=.html

Bits of interview with the director + few filming BTS's + little bit of Dec/Jan promo:
    http://www.hifly.tv/p163_NDA3MDg==.html

Credit to baidu (and iyuanhong.com)
    News clip on Hu Ge's accident, Ariel's acting background and various LOCH characters, with some new BTS's!
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%FA%B8%E8/...33dbec42bfdd46

News clip of Hu Ge NGs (if you haven't seen before):
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%FA%B8%E8/...debe8ba2d3d746
    Last edited by swimfishyswim06; 02-25-08 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added links

Thanks for the info and links, fish. Keep it coming

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post

red, the theme song *is* really important. I hope they'll have something beautiful for the theme. I'm a little scared, to be honest. I know a Hu Ge song will be on the OST somewhere (and I like Hu Ge and his songs, don't get me wrong), but I'm hoping that that the company won't to anything silly like use the Hu Ge song for one of the major themes. (They wouldn't, would they? *trembles imagining an entire pop OST for LOCH*)
    I'm not a fan of Hu Ge or Ariel's singing, but i think one of the earliest predictions i had about this series was a pop soundtrack. Granted the cast and director, i would be surprised if they use music that sounds anything like the LOCH 02 themes. I mean, judging from the clips and things i've seen of the series so far, LOCH 08 is a lot brighter and happier looking, if you know what i mean

the dragon palms i saw in the trailers looked ridiculous to me but then again, most of them do.

omg ariel is so going to ruin my impression of HR. she was unbelieveably (i repeat, UNBELIEVEABLY) STUPID in that taiwanese idol drama where everyone under the age of say... 14 loves to bits. gosh. and she's going to play an intelligent, beautiful, charming girl here? she needs to work on every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyxy View Post
    omg ariel is so going to ruin my impression of HR. she was unbelieveably (i repeat, UNBELIEVEABLY) STUPID in that taiwanese idol drama where everyone under the age of say... 14 loves to bits. gosh. and she's going to play an intelligent, beautiful, charming girl here? she needs to work on every aspect.
    I think you mean her character (not Ariel herself) who was rather naive in the movie. Also, actors take on a variety of persona. Being stupid in one series does not mean being stupid in every other series onward. If she really "needs to work on every aspect," as you claimed, then it's a good decision on her part to undertake challenging roles. I just think it's really sad to be so harsh and critical towards Ariel, or any actor or actress, before giving them a fair chance to prove their acting skills. I guess we all just have to wait for the series to air to make a fair judgment.
    "Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it." - E.B. White

Galaxyxy, lol, I think nearly half of the LOCH thread consists of critiques of the actors, particularly Ariel – I guess because most people aren’t that familiar with her? And for those who have seen her acting, they’ve usually seen her in It Started With A Kiss and assume she’s actually like that in real life or that she’s only capable of acting dumb, because she throws herself completely into every role and *becomes* the character. (Heh, and I am one of the non-teenagers who loved ISWAK for the quirky characters, warm family atmosphere and depth of the drama).

I agree with Rosyiris, Ariel’s character in ISWAK is very dumb, but that just shows what a convincing actress she is, since Ariel herself is the opposite of her character in almost every aspect. She’s actually quite intelligent, lovely and charming, as many people who have worked with her/met her in person will tell you =)

Have you watched Ariel in any of her other roles? She’s done a lot of very different roles (i.e. she’s pretty versatile)… probably the closest role to Huang Rong was Xiao Qi in Tian Wai Fei Xian – a clever, mischievous fairy, but that’s still pretty different. I admit, Huang Rong is probably one of the most challenging roles she’s taken on yet (as it would be for any actress), but just give Ariel a chance, and see what you think of her acting after the first few episodes of LOCH =)

Hmm, I'm working on some LOCH art... hopefully I can post soon! No other major news that I've seen recently. *sigh* Time to play the waiting game.

i actually know what most people are doing in this thread or in other websites concerning lotch 08. they're basically using reverse psychology to input negative thoughts to themselves as well as others about this version of lotch, so when the the series airs,comes out on dvd, whatever and people watch it, it'll be very good. i know that's a fact. the higher the expectation of anything, the outcome won't be much appreciated. look at what happened to rotch 06, i personally love the series, any rotch, lotch, etc but people hated it. i guess people aren't that open minded.

and yeah ariel is a very good actor. reason most of her roles are childish etc characters b/c that's the role of the character. plus the way she looks, n act is natural with that characters profile. and can't believe some people hate hu ge's voice. well haven't heard any of his other songs, but all the songs that r in the series he plays in are all very good.

and the graphic in this series fits the wuxia type. the dragon palm looks very awesome. there seems to be more variety of it. like in 02/03 version, guo jing does the same ones over and over. this one he does different style, much like quiao feng in demi gods.

just like i've always said, wait til the series comes out and it'll prove alot of people wrong. just because this is almost an idol drama, doesn't mean it'll turn out bad. we already know all these actors play different types of role and are capable of these roles there playing now. only time will tell.

i think you're talking about ISWAK? Well i think the series is lame, really not my type of leisure activity, but from the eps i've seen Ariel's acting is not too bad. I agree that Ariel wouldn't be the actress to pick based on intelligent and beautiful, but i think she's got some charm- especially in comparison to all the other taiwanese idol actresses out there. Besides, if you want a faithful, classic adaptation, i'm guessing this is something you'd bypass. I'm going to watch it to see a more modern take on the LOCH story. LOCH 03 is already a very faithful, classic adaptation, but LOCH 83 (for me at least) proves that it's the characters and acting and that make the series.

mido-ban, you LIKED the dragon palms? *faints*

Mido-Ban, haha, actually, that’s kind of a good idea – I should use reverse psychology to convince myself that LOCH will be not that great, so then I’ll be totally bowled over when it does turn out to be really good.

I like Hu Ge’s voice, but I can understand why some people wouldn’t. He has a unique voice, and his voice was nice, but not very trained. To each his or her own, I guess =)

Actually, I can understand why some people are skeptical about Ariel, too. If I had only seen one of her cutesy pictures and knew nothing about her great acting, I’d probably think “Are you *kidding* me? *That* person for Huang Rong?”

Yup, we’ll just have to wait and see =)

0-0-0, hmm, I like ISWAK, but I don’t think it’s Ariel’s best drama. I was really blown away by her acting in Love Contract and at the end of the movie, Love Me If You Can (she got nominated for a Golden Horse Award for it). I think she’s capable of becoming a great Huang Rong, acting-wise.
    I agree, ultimately, it’s the acting and characters that make for a good drama (including LOCH).

I wanted to share some new LOCH art:

Credit to banner artist @ iyuanhong.com:
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...gLSSbanner.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    I was really blown away by her acting in Love Contract and at the end of the movie, Love Me If You Can (she got nominated for a Golden Horse Award for it). I think she’s capable of becoming a great Huang Rong, acting-wise.
    LOL fish, are you my long lost sister? I said exactly the same thing in Ariel's thread before reading your post

Mido-Ban, that reverse psychology thing is ingenious. I can use some of that

The best thing about ariel?
    she can play both completely stupid characters AND smart characters effortlessly.
    i watched that unbelievably stupid character and hated her. Then I watched another show of hers, and it simply blew me away.

i still cant get used to hu ge being guo jin...no matter how they fix his appearance i still think he looks too .... intelligent. And what's with the hair? isnt he going to look kinda out of place if he walks around with huang rong in 'jiang hu' like that? i thought their hair was supposed to be tied up in that time period? anyway, i'm still looking forward to this to see how it turns out
    happy endings....are stories that haven't finished

LOCH is one of my favourite wuxia stories, so I was a little skeptical about the casting of GJ and HR too. I've never watched Ariel act, so I decided to watch 天外飛仙 / Tian Wai Fei Xian to see how their chemistry is. I have to admit, I'm encouraged now, and I think Ariel can do a good job as HR. Hu Ge is going to have to work at convincing us that he's slow though...
    All in all, looking forward to seeing this series