Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

ChineseChik
    Yeah, Ariel uses her real voice for all of her Taiwanese series; it was just the mainland ones (TWFX and possibly LOCH) that were dubbed by someone else. I'm probably not the best person to judge the accent, though, because I speak very little Mandarin and basically no Taiwanese. So, you'll have to let the rest of us know how her accent is

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    ChineseChik
    Yeah, Ariel uses her real voice for all of her Taiwanese series; it was just the mainland ones (TWFX and possibly LOCH) that were dubbed by someone else. I'm probably not the best person to judge the accent, though, because I speak very little Mandarin and basically no Taiwanese. So, you'll have to let the rest of us know how her accent is
    well im watching tokyo juliet right now and and i barely tell that she has an accent, so...my conclusion is that her voice is pretty good. i dont know why they would want someone else to dub her voice, it sounds pretty good on its own.

ChineseChik
    Ah, cool. Yeah, I'm not very good at telling, but I didn't think she had much of an accent. I dunno why she can't just dub her own voice.

Oh, some semi-bad news (see article in Chinese below):

http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT7/4300290.shtml

Basically, CTV (one of the main TW TV stations) had agreed to broadcast LOCH, but then they suddenly decided not to broadcast mainland dramas anymore. So, LOCH was cut from the lineup. (Grr, I want to kick CTV ! If anyone remembers, something similar happened with TWFX/FFW, I believe. It was originally supposed to be on one of the main channels, but there was a cost dispute, and it got switched to a cable channel, so only certain people with cable in TW could watch).

Actually, Ariel's mandarin does have quite an accent. I haven't seen too much of her series, but from clips of ISWAK, tokyo juliet, and some interviews, I can definitely tell that she's from Taiwan or nearby regions.

It's not the type of accent where it's hard to understand or as if she doesn't know how to speak mandarin, but it's more of a regional mandarin accent. It's the certain "accent" that you hear and you know where people are from.

It's not just taiwain accent either. Even people from say, Beijing, have accents. There's no technical problem with their mandarin, but you can often tells straight off the bat that they're from the area just by the way they speak.

The dubbers of course, have their own problems. Sometimes they're so "standard" that they sound like a dictionary and entirely unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Actually, Ariel's mandarin does have quite an accent. I haven't seen too much of her series, but from clips of ISWAK, tokyo juliet, and some interviews, I can definitely tell that she's from Taiwan or nearby regions.

It's not the type of accent where it's hard to understand or as if she doesn't know how to speak mandarin, but it's more of a regional mandarin accent. It's the certain "accent" that you hear and you know where people are from.

It's not just taiwain accent either. Even people from say, Beijing, have accents. There's no technical problem with their mandarin, but you can often tells straight off the bat that they're from the area just by the way they speak.

The dubbers of course, have their own problems. Sometimes they're so "standard" that they sound like a dictionary and entirely unrealistic.
    lol. yeah. but like by accent i kinda meant that like if their mandarin was hard to understand or no understandable at all. at least u can understand what ariel is saying, while the same cant be said about most taiwanese actors/actresses.

swimfishyswim06,
    so what does that mean for us US people? can we still get our dvds at the scheduled time? cuz in america i didnt expect to catch it on tv anyway.

Yeah, as long as the Chinese TV administration approves the airing of LOCH in China, we should be good to go. It might be a little harder to watch eps online, but the DVDs should still be out on time for those outside of China. Now I guess we just have to wait for news on exactly when LOCH will be aired in China (a specific airdate, not just the month). I haven't heard anything about it being approved yet.

For the accents, aren't the actors in LOCH from all over China? For example, Hu Ge's from Shanghai and has a Shanghaiese accent... so couldn't Ariel have kept her own voice for dubbing, since her Mandarin is intelligible? Ah well. I'm beating a dead horse, 'cause it's too late now, whatever they decided (likely, they did dub her voice with someone else for the final version).

Yeah, as long as the Chinese TV administration approves the airing of LOCH in China, we should be good to go. It might be a little harder to watch eps online, but the DVDs should still be out on time for those outside of China. Now I guess we just have to wait for news on exactly when LOCH will be aired in China (a specific airdate, not just the month). I haven't heard anything about it being approved yet.

For the accents, aren't the actors in LOCH from all over China? For example, Hu Ge's from Shanghai and has a Shanghaiese accent... so couldn't Ariel have kept her own voice for dubbing, since her Mandarin is intelligible? Ah well. I'm beating a dead horse, 'cause it's too late now, whatever they decided (likely, they did dub her voice with someone else for the final version).
    Hu Ge's accent is not THAT audiable. I've met people with much worse Shanghainese accent. While ariel's taiwanese accent is much better than A LOT of taiwan actresses/actors, it's still somewhat audiable.

*shrug* i suppose most mainland productions don't like too much accents, esp in ancient dramas. maybe that's why there's so much dubbing?

Most mainland ancient series standardize the accent to the Beijing one, which is what most mainland actors speak anyway, regardless of which part of China they are from. Ariel doesnt have that fake, exaggeratedly cute intonation popular with many Taiwanese pop idols, but from the way she speaks, it's very obvious she's a Taiwanese, or non-mainlander,imo. The way she speaks is what i like to dub as too "modern-sounding" and hence, may sound out of place in an ancient series.

Anyway, I seriously doubt Ariel is the only one in LOCH who has her voice dubbed. It's very likely everyone's voices are dubbed like in most mainland series so as to filter out background noises and stuff. I dont know about others but i personally prefer dubbed voices, but it really depends on the how good a job the dubber does. Some dubber are professional and can really enhance an actor's performance but some dubbers may come across as annoying or exaggerated such that it kills the performance of the character they are dubbing for.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

oh really? i thought hu ge was from beijing. oops but doesnt he usually use his own voice for series? because in all the series i watch with him in it the voice usually sounds the same, so im assuming that its his real voice, unless hes hired a dubber just for himself, but thats unlikely.
    ugh...i cant wait for this to come out!!! gosh!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh really? i thought hu ge was from beijing. oops but doesnt he usually use his own voice for series? because in all the series i watch with him in it the voice usually sounds the same, so im assuming that its his real voice, unless hes hired a dubber just for himself, but thats unlikely.

I think certain dubbers are used because it matchese the actor.. somehow. Hu Ge's voice in real life is mostly lower than what he is dubbed with.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

My dad heard Gu Dan Bei Ban Qiu (by Ariel), and immediately he was like "A Taiwanese person sang this, right?"
    So I guess it must be pretty obvious then. But its really good compared to other Taiwanese accents....like those people in Dou Yu (The Outsiders). Gosh, I can barely understand them.

BTW, SHANGHAI ROCKS! YAY! Does anyone have a clip of GG (Hu Ge) (<--haha we should call him Lao Hu like Liu Shi Shi) speaking Shanghainese?

~red
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    Hu Ge's "voice" sounds almost the same in most series i've seen of his but it's actually not his real voice. I suppose they got the same person to dub most of his characters or something. I remember seeing a pic of the dubber for his character in Chinese Paladin in one of the Chinese forums. And if u listen to his voice in real-life interviews, you will note the difference.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Ariel's speech is pretty good for a Taiwanese but it would be out of place in an ancient drama. Personally, if I had to choose between Ariel's slightly flawed mandarin and the shrill voice of her dubber, I would choose Ariel's voice hands down.

Taiwanese mandarin is similar to Fujianese mandarin in that the people in these regions don't know when to roll their tongues. For example, they would say ci fan (for eat meal) instead of chi fan.

WuxiaGem: I think its the same for Shanghai actually. Shanghai-ers also say chi fan as ci fan.

Actually I found Ariel's dubber in the 8 min trailer really smart sounding. I guess I'm the only one that likes the dubber. lol
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

my shanghainese friend would often say, " se ma" instead of " shen me"

My grandparents are shanghainese, but they dont have any problems with the tongue rolling. Regarding "chi fan", they are more likely to say "che fan", not "ci fan", because in shanghainese "chi fan" is "che veh"

Ariel's accent doesn't sound bad to us, probably because in taiwanese shows, hers is the least accented. Esp compared to xiao zhong, wu zun etc, ariel's accent isn't obvious.
    However, amidst a bunch of mainland actors, she will still sound slightly off. The other day, I was watching "Yan zhi xue" by Fan Bing Bing and Wallace Huo. His accent isn't that bad but it is just so obvious when you hear it next to fbb or li qian.
    most taiwan idol actresses do not have any real training, compared to actresses in the mainland who train in acting schools, have opera training etc, thus they most likely do not have any voice or speech training.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Most mainland ancient series standardize the accent to the Beijing one, which is what most mainland actors speak anyway, regardless of which part of China they are from. Ariel doesnt have that fake, exaggeratedly cute intonation popular with many Taiwanese pop idols, but from the way she speaks, it's very obvious she's a Taiwanese, or non-mainlander,imo. The way she speaks is what i like to dub as too "modern-sounding" and hence, may sound out of place in an ancient series.
    most are "standard" mandarin, i suppose modelled after beijing/northern during the time since it was the capital with the officials. but modern beijing "accents" are much more obvious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    most are "standard" mandarin, i suppose modelled after beijing/northern during the time since it was the capital with the officials. but modern beijing "accents" are much more obvious than that.
    Accents are a touchy subject for some mainlanders.
    My friend Shan is from Chongqing and she gets very upset if a fellow mainlander says she has a 'Chonqing' accent.

who watched this before?http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZGEstrkAE

Sugar, haha, I have (seen the MV)! It's so funny

Oh, no news on dates for LOCH yet, but I do have some good news from ihuge.net. Hu Ge's manager just posted that LOCH *will* now be showing in Taiwan (I guess on a channel other than CTV), and Hu Ge and Ariel will be attending a LOCH promo in Taiwan together. (credit for translation to Cc from asianfanatics.net)