Page 72 of 104 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    Ah, sorry, the connection is slow, because about 100,000 people viewed it in the first 12 hours since it was posted!

Here's links to the LOCH episodes on more players (the other links, like tudou and baidu player should work, just scroll down):
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=436510237
    the original link you provided wouldn't work for me either. the other links work better...thanks!
    excited!!

You can purchase at this site. cheaper than yesasia.com

http://www.gomerry.com/ProductInfo.asp?ProductID=48899

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    You can purchase at this site. cheaper than yesasia.com

http://www.gomerry.com/ProductInfo.asp?ProductID=48899
    Wow, according to the DVD of this link 08' LOCH has 50 episodes! That's rare, considering Mainland China tends to restrict (especially popular titles) to 40 episodes. I remember there were great obstacles for ZJZ just to get ROCH to 41 episodes. This one must've slipped the radar?

I watched selected episodes via download (but I am doing to buy the series), and its good. Not mind-blowing brilliant, but enjoyable. My first impressions, is that it assumes audiences' prior LOCH knowledge, so just to introduce a bit of difference, it releases certain plot information not in line with novel timeline. Further, and very impressively/interestingly, it takes certain issues or potential questions raised by the storyline (well at least I've always noted on these questions) and answers them in meaningful discussions between characters. I love HR drunken little confessions.

So far, I am so captivated by the actor that plays Ou Yang Ke...so dashing, positively evil, oozing with charm. My favourite type of baddie! And for once, his speech is cultured and a martial force to be reckoned with, which I have not felt expressed by any other past Ou Yang Ke. What I remember of the novel does mention him to be so, so I have been waiting so long for an actor to portray him as such.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php?act=image&pid=367878&page=7')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php?act=image&pid=370807&page=5')
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 07-15-08 at 09:53 AM.

just watched the first episode. is it does me, or does the beginning seem a little too rushed to anyone else? it seems like they just fast-forwarded through their parents stories and in no time, they were grown up already. is that odd to anyone else? in the actual original book, does it go that fast through the beginning also? did they not want to spend money on child actors or something? its like, they make the bet and all of a sudden its 16 years later. i guess these people are assuming that you know about the story and plot already...but what if you dont?
    oh, and i dont like the guy who plays qiou chu ji....he looks evil! but the actor that plays him looks really familiar...can anyone tell me who is it? thanks. i was thinking he looks like someone who was in sword stained with royal blood or something. he just looks so familiar but i cant place it!
    i remember in ZJZ's adaptation with li ya peng and zhou xun, it focused a lot more on YK and GJ's parents and childhood.
    also, the sets for ZJZ were grander, but thats only expected. the series always feels more real with ZJZ's productions, imo.
    so, all in all, i think i prefer ZJZ's beginning more...although i like the main characters more in thsi version. but, thats only the first episode, so...we'll see!
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 07-15-08 at 11:51 AM.

Yeah well, I'm not particularly interested in the start. I love HR and obviously she doesn't play a major part in the start.

Speaking of authenticity, ZJZ's Mongolia was impressive, but I imagine not as realistic as the recent film 'Mongol' which I'm going to see this Saturday .

ZJZ has always strived for authenticity and I admire him for that. He's one of the producers who always tries to be faithful to the story.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking for more help!

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Yeah well, I'm not particularly interested in the start. I love HR and obviously she doesn't play a major part in the start.

Speaking of authenticity, ZJZ's Mongolia was impressive, but I imagine not as realistic as the recent film 'Mongol' which I'm going to see this Saturday .
    I saw Mongol two weeks ago. I suspect the costumes are more historically accurate in the movie, based on the costuming I've seen in other ZJZ productions. I doubt that Mongol princes actually ran around wearing huge headbands set with turquoise like Huo Du does in ROCH '06.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

i actually like the new story adjustment. why are you complaining about scenery? its good already why make it look real like someone else? who cares about parents storyline, they already said they were going to skip that part and focus on guo jing huang rong ou yang kei and yang kang and mu ni ci.

i swear you people find the stupidest things to complain about, not to be rude n all but thats the truth. just watch the show and don't compare it with any other versions... once you watch it all, then compare if you want, but that'll usually make you think worse of this version bc of its long anticipation.

about to go buy cambodian dubbed version tomorrow so i can have a better understandings story.

first of all, i am not complaining. i'm simply remarking as i go along and putting my opinion out there. this is a forum. people discuss things, in case you haven't noticed.
    second of all, i do like this series. during the first few episodes that i watched, it seems very enjoyable. i'm not trying to put it down or think anything bad about it in any way.
    thirdly, comparing is a natural thought process - people do it all the time. it's not a bad thing. comparing won't make anything better or worse than it is. and so far, the series is pretty good.

I think Ariel and Hu Ge, along with most of the main cast, are holding up well, but it's unfortunate that the minor supporting characters, are badly casted, like qiu chu ji, and the 7 freaks. Comparatively, it's way better than say chilam's loch, but in ZJZ's loch, each of the 7 freaks oozed of their own distinct characteristics, whereas, in this one, they fall flat.

Ariel's HR is a little cutesy, but i think she is pretty cute in this show.

so far i enjoyed this series i found Jing Ge Ge & Rong Er are very cute n sweet here . I don't like to compare series , every version has their own good n bad parts. In fact i'm so curious about what are the differences , because something new n fresh are not harming

Hmm, about the first episode, I know it seemed rushed to me, but then I realized that they implement flashbacks later on in the story (pretty effectively, too) to tie the characters together and to tell more fully the history of the characters. I kind of like the way they do it, because you get to see the main characters sooner, and I feel like it's making me more attached to the characters and their relationships with each other.

I'm really liking this version so far. I'm having difficulty stopping myself from watching when I should be studying and sleeping. It's a very refreshing LOCH, and even though there are definite changes to a lot of the details of the novel, this LOCH remains true to the characters's true natures in the novel (with the exception of Yang Kang, of course - though I like Yang Kang as more human; it always bothered me in the novel that he seemed almost "destined" for badness. I like that this LOCH shows Yang Kang seriously struggling in a very human way, with his good side more evenly balanced/given a chance, along with his bad side).

Hmm, let's see. I love Ariel's Huang Rong - just as I imagined Rong'er to be when I read the novel. Liu Shi Shi's Mu Nianci is pretty cool, too - very graceful fighting (like a ballerina, which makes sense, since that's what she is in real life), and her acting's definitely improved. I'm in love with Guo Jing, Yang Kang and Ouyang Ke all at once, hehe. Guo Jing because he's so cute, sweet, good and chivalrous (I like how Hu Ge's Guo Jing is more human, too - he actually gets upset like a real person!), Yang Kang because he's good-looking, smirkalicous, and gives romantic footbaths (Yuan Hong lights up the screen, really great job so far!), and Ouyang Ke because he's just so smooth, charming, sly (and yeah, perverted :P ) and his martial arts are gorgeous to watch.

I love both the Guo Jing and Rong'er interactions and Yang Kang and Mu Nianci meetings. Guo Jing and Rong'er are so cute and sweet and make me laugh/smile with some of their dialogue. Yang Kang and Mu Nianci are more of a melancholic couple (and it annoys me that they always fight), but they have some really romantic scenes together.

Heh, and I love Ouyang Ke and Rong'er interactions, too. They play off each other so well, always baiting each other and hoping to get a rise from the other. Rong'er too clever for Ouyang Ke by far, but he's completely smitten, and it seems he actually enjoys watching Rong'er trick him.

Oh, and ChineseChik, the only place I know the guy who plays Qiu Chuji from is that really stern god (God Er Lang, I think) from TWFX (the guy who came to collect Xiao Qi). Hope that helps!
    Last edited by swimfishyswim06; 07-16-08 at 04:47 AM.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/cowsswim/38ba3d24f816ad268644f902.gif'), '')

Whenever there are adapatations, there is always this repeat of the 'comparison debate'. One says don't complain and accept it as it is, another well...compares. Mido-Ban, like ChineseChik525 said, if we can't do comparisons what is there to talk about when we have different media versions based on a common book source? Our brains work via comparison, many processes in everyday life are based on comparison e.g. scientific research, computer programming, grocery shopping!

But, I can see what Mido-Ban is trying to get at, when comparisons get rather 'wild' and the comparing degenerates to 'bagging' certain aspects of the show without valid supporting examples. There certainly is a difference between 'bagging' and constructive criticism.

But, please refrain from using "you people" and "stupid" (I don't think there is such a word as "stupidest"). I find that offensive because that is accusational language. We can all keep the peace by keeping our opinions on the subject matter rather than to "people".

I find LOCH08' "refreshing" too swimfishyswim06. I don't actually think HR is more clever than OYK...he's just outright smitten. I always thought from the novel that OYK found HR special, despite him being such a playboy. There was even a part in the novel when HR thought to herself that OYK was undeniably an attractive/dashing chap during the Plum Blossum Arc when GJ and OYK were vying for her hand in marriage.

OYK from LOCH08' is currently my most favourite villian!

OYK in this latest adaptation definetely is stealing the screen :P he is the best character so far but hu ge's guojing and Ariel's HR arent soo bad either. Yuan hong's Yang Kang is way better than Zhou Jie's imo, Zhou Jie lacked the charm and the looks for YK and the 2003's costume for YK was really bad I thought for a prince.
    MiNgFeIwAlEx

well i do apologize for using such words.... i mean i don't mind the comparison between other versions like stated that's human nature but complaining about things like beginning rush, or scenery to zjz adaptions are farfetch... the dude always make his production grand, while these guys had 3 months to basically remake everything since i notice they change hq7.

but yeah the story is new, i mean everyones opinion matters but usually people complain when another remake comes out because it imitates the other versions, then later they complain it isn't following the novel "exactly", i think to copy novel 100% is impossible for tv series and movies...

making changes and having these changes made for a good reason and executing it correctly is what makes these remakes good...otherwise like richie ren version of rotch, it turned out bad, but was a new story telling which doesn't get boring.

but again i do apologize if i went out of line guys, go men nei sai.

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    Oh, and ChineseChik, the only place I know the guy who plays Qiu Chuji from is that really stern god (God Er Lang, I think) from TWFX (the guy who came to collect Xiao Qi). Hope that helps!
    omg thank you sooo much!!
    that has been bothering me FOREVER. THANKS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    well i do apologize for using such words.... i mean i don't mind the comparison between other versions like stated that's human nature but complaining about things like beginning rush, or scenery to zjz adaptions are farfetch... the dude always make his production grand, while these guys had 3 months to basically remake everything since i notice they change hq7.

but yeah the story is new, i mean everyones opinion matters but usually people complain when another remake comes out because it imitates the other versions, then later they complain it isn't following the novel "exactly", i think to copy novel 100% is impossible for tv series and movies...

making changes and having these changes made for a good reason and executing it correctly is what makes these remakes good...otherwise like richie ren version of rotch, it turned out bad, but was a new story telling which doesn't get boring.

but again i do apologize if i went out of line guys, go men nei sai.
    its ok =)
    and im sorry if my first post came out at "bagging" the series...it wasnt meant to be offensive in any way.
    oh, and what does "go men nei sai" mean? what language is it?
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 07-16-08 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh, and what does "go men nei sai" mean? what language is it?
    It means sorry in jap...

Anyway I've watched till eps. 10, the screentime of YK & MNC is almost on par with GJ & HR which is acceptable I thought. Yuan Hong's YK is charming yet a little childish while Liu Shishi's MNC is sweet, they do make a nice couple. Oh ya, Hu Ge & Ariel continued their chemistry from TWFX, they are so cute together! Gotta watch slowly now since the 2nd part will only be out at end of the mth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    people complain when another remake comes out because it imitates the other versions, then later they complain it isn't following the novel "exactly", i think to copy novel 100% is impossible for tv series and movies...

making changes and having these changes made for a good reason and executing it correctly is what makes these remakes good
    I agree here, I've certainly stated similarly in past posts of mine.

but again i do apologize if i went out of line guys, go men nei sai
    No biggie ! Oh so good to say it in Jap...love the language and the anime culture. Although, I think I have to start learning Mongolian or Spanish because I'm considering doing a volunteer placement in either Mongolia or Peru. Can't choose between them!

I've also found YH as YK to be rather petulant/childish at times. The scripting gives a very human conflict dimension, but I don't think YH has conveyed it with the finesse that MKW did in the 80's. Especially YK and OYK's interactions, I feel that OYK is always 10 steps ahead...I always believed YK to be the ultimate mastermind to things.

I do dislike the constant reminder from HR of how 'dumb' GJ is. Now, this is not a cry for 'faithfullness to the novel' but there are certain aspects of the novel/story that deserve to be respected and captured into an adaptation, purely because it may be ingredient that 'makes' the character. Except for ZJZ's version, I haven't seen the heartfelt romanticism of HR portrayed at all. I found this side of HR in the novel most unique, especially considering her youth. She was one of the few in GJ's life who cared for him without prejudices and demands...she never took him for granted like most people did in his life. Despite the pain it caused her, HR did end up accepting GJ's choices regarding HJ...she accepted it because it was about accepting GJ as a whole human being, even if it included the decision to marry someone else. This type of mentality is understandable, because I imagine HR would perceive love in a very ideal way, based on how true her father was to her deceased mother. Which is why, I find it strange at times how the script would resort to making HR a jealous young child, when the uniqueness of her character is written in such a way that there is no room for jealousy when one is so steadfast in feelings for that person. But then, I don't know what changes JY has done to his most recent version (frankly I don't wish to know...*shudders*), I base my opinions on the 80's publication. If it wasn't for Ariel's versatile acting (she's pretty damn good in serious scenes...very impressed), I'd go mad with frustration with the repeated 'dumb' references.

I've still got a couple of weeks to wait before my DVD set is supposed to ship. But I'm finding some of the comments here interesting.

I'm watching LOCH '03 currently, and it's interesting that people are saying YK and MNC get more screentime in the new version. I notice that they get a lot of screentime in the '03 version. There are lots of scenes of them together that weren't in the book, or were much shorter in the book.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

OK, the episode 17 version I originally saw had a missing part. The most recent one I saw makes me totally retract my prior comment about the 'handling' of HR's character. Without spoiling anyone, I must say the HR/GJ scene I saw was so sweet, full of understanding and acceptance. And I actually realize I like that HR has some faults, realizes what they are, and has the courage to change them for the better. Though, I still am unhappy with a new added plot device that grrr is so OC with her character.

Hu Ge's song is becoming very catchy too!

But, bring on more OYK scenes (especially his with HR)...I think I am going to get sick of myself 'cheerleading' this actor *shameless*