Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

I heard it's just been released. My Facebook group (chi drama) sent me a message telling me that.
    is it true or it has been released sum time ago?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

right now i'm trying to compare the versions that's released on those links to the one i have at video store...r these vcd versions or from tv? if so wouldn't that mean dvd version coming out end of month would have more scenes and better graphics or something?

the series is good i just wished there was longer fight scenes ie guo jing vs mei chou fong....but its still cool.

I usually don't mind CGI as long as there is some 'substance' to the fights. Whoever did the martial arts choegraphy did a really disappointing job. Balance, timing, at least some semblance of strength would be nice. I suppose Hu Ge does pretty well has he has recently come out of Young Yang Warriors, and veterans who play OYF and QG know what to do, but others...*shudder, shudder*. A really good choegrapher will enable a main to at least look good (e.g. Fan Bing Bing in Ping Zhong Xia Ying). As much as I like OYK, he fights very badly too...he doesn't even know how to 'play' with his fan properly yet he has to do it all the time! Why do they have to make my fav actor/character look bad .

Well, I'm enjoying it for the drama. They actually 'humanize' OYK...oh my, they must of heard my wishes! The angst! OYK is almost like Zuko from Avatar now.

I've heard that the 2nd half of LOCH08 will come out after 25th July.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    I agree here, I've certainly stated similarly in past posts of mine.

No biggie ! Oh so good to say it in Jap...love the language and the anime culture. Although, I think I have to start learning Mongolian or Spanish because I'm considering doing a volunteer placement in either Mongolia or Peru. Can't choose between them!

I've also found YH as YK to be rather petulant/childish at times. The scripting gives a very human conflict dimension, but I don't think YH has conveyed it with the finesse that MKW did in the 80's. Especially YK and OYK's interactions, I feel that OYK is always 10 steps ahead...I always believed YK to be the ultimate mastermind to things.

I do dislike the constant reminder from HR of how 'dumb' GJ is. Now, this is not a cry for 'faithfullness to the novel' but there are certain aspects of the novel/story that deserve to be respected and captured into an adaptation, purely because it may be ingredient that 'makes' the character. Except for ZJZ's version, I haven't seen the heartfelt romanticism of HR portrayed at all. I found this side of HR in the novel most unique, especially considering her youth. She was one of the few in GJ's life who cared for him without prejudices and demands...she never took him for granted like most people did in his life. Despite the pain it caused her, HR did end up accepting GJ's choices regarding HJ...she accepted it because it was about accepting GJ as a whole human being, even if it included the decision to marry someone else. This type of mentality is understandable, because I imagine HR would perceive love in a very ideal way, based on how true her father was to her deceased mother. Which is why, I find it strange at times how the script would resort to making HR a jealous young child, when the uniqueness of her character is written in such a way that there is no room for jealousy when one is so steadfast in feelings for that person. But then, I don't know what changes JY has done to his most recent version (frankly I don't wish to know...*shudders*), I base my opinions on the 80's publication. If it wasn't for Ariel's versatile acting (she's pretty damn good in serious scenes...very impressed), I'd go mad with frustration with the repeated 'dumb' references.
    i agree with the "dumb" thing,i don't like it either, many people teased GJ about this, and how can HR supposed to defend him, if she often called him "dumb" too, and about the jealous thing, there was a part when HR jealous in the novel,but in this series the jealous thing kinda "too long and too slow" ,little bit draggy in this part, and too much crying scenes in their early relationship, but overall i like this series, ariel lin as HR is very good, And the one who play as OYK i like his interaction with HR
    Last edited by 12blbl; 07-18-08 at 11:04 AM.

Added exploration of YK and OYK is better than I expected. I thought it would make the series suck, to be honest. There's also additional facets added to most characters, so they don't seem so 1-dimensional.

The fight sequences are pretty poor.

The choice of ZBT is really strange. Was he supposed to be related to Gimli from LOTR? His small stature makes fight sequences involving him look very strange.

Some of the flashback sequences at the start broke the flow of the story. Like when GJ told the story hearing Zamuhe plot against Tiemuzhen. The story lost its urgency but it wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things in this story.

Overall, I quite like this version but the some different choices could have made it much better.

To be fair though, one can't expect every actor/actress to be martial art naturals. I used to be quite critical in this area until I started teaching Tai Chi myself...many different levels of experience/background/abilities. You actually learn wisdom being a teacher...highly reccommend it. I think it depends on what the shows focus is. In LOCH08' it obviously is relationships rather than martial arts...uh, which is strange considering LOCH is based on martial arts novel. But I don't mind the fresh and different perspective.

OYK back story!!! He so needs TLC. First time they showed a proper residence for Bai Tu Shan...very impressive. It really captured the cold, dark, loveless environment that made OYK. Can't wait to see what potential changes they have in store for the scene between OYK and HR when they get stranded on the island.

ZBT is a bit too conniving for my tastes in this version.

Okay, I finally finish this series. I can honestly say I have no idea how I feel about this series. I went back and forth many times. I started out not like it, to like it, and finally to I don’t know anything anymore. There are enough good things about this series that I can see why people would like it. The majority of the cast was very good in their roles. Ariel was cute as HR through I still feel she is the weakest HR I seen to date. I still like her through. Hu Ge was not a bad GJ. Yuan Hong was strong as YK as I dislike him a whole lot. Liu Shi Shi is not a good actress, but had the look and demeanor of MNC. The Greats were good, but I would have like for them to be shown more as this series was long. The action was a mix bags sometimes good and sometimes bad, but I still consider it a plus because it was better than average. For people who liked a lots of love stories, this series offer that. I thought the original story was enough as is, so I’m not in love with this change. There is more character development, mainly for two characters YK and OYK. These two characters change the most from the novel to the series. First of all for YK, I didn’t like the change. At first, I was okay with the change, but as he did all these bad things at the end I can no longer accepted it. All his action was made worst because the series change him into a good person in certain parts of the series. The novel YK was never good, so when he does bad things it is expected. They change OYK into a pitiful villain. He is still a villain, but he had a heart in this series. I thought it was an okay change. I felt bad for him when he died. I just wanted to point out an episode I truly disliked, episode 42. It was so disgusting. The last thing you should be doing after killing someone is making babies. I heard many people say how passionate that scene was, but to me it was just sick. That scene is the main reason why I can’t say I like this series. All in all, I didn’t feel I wasted my time. It was enjoyable in parts, but there were certain things I can’t get over to fully enjoy this series. I know my opinion is not very helpful because I said nothing. I’m sure someone else will come along to give a better view to be more helpful. Maybe they can also help me form a better opinion. I post this to vent after I finish the series; hopefully no one minds.
    Last edited by LiarLiar; 07-21-08 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoothsayer View Post
    Added exploration of YK and OYK is better than I expected. I thought it would make the series suck, to be honest. There's also additional facets added to most characters, so they don't seem so 1-dimensional.

The fight sequences are pretty poor.

The choice of ZBT is really strange. Was he supposed to be related to Gimli from LOTR? His small stature makes fight sequences involving him look very strange.

Some of the flashback sequences at the start broke the flow of the story. Like when GJ told the story hearing Zamuhe plot against Tiemuzhen. The story lost its urgency but it wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things in this story.

Overall, I quite like this version but the some different choices could have made it much better.
    Hm, yeah, I thought the dude who played Qian Qian Ren/Zhang in LOCH03 was a pretty bad actor. I dunno why they used him as ZBT.

How is Anthony Wong as HYS? I can envision him being a good HYS, but dunno if he actually is.

---

EDIT: Just went to the JY Teahouse forum to see the reviews there. Pretty bad.
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 07-21-08 at 02:44 AM.
    This account is retired.

I'm still on ep 12 but wanted to comment on this version. I've been a fan of the director and his crew for a while now and even I doubted this version after seeing the trailers. Yes, I was wrong. So far it's very enjoyable maybe not as faithful as some would like it. I thought it was very refreshing the way the story is being told and the bonus scenes that may not even be in the novel but they were never out of place.

Anyone else notice the Yang flashbacks were from Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang? Boy was that awkward.

I notice that this version legend of the condor hero have some kind of similarity to the tvb version of the legend of the condor hero (acted by Barbara Yung) where both also elabrote more plus creative changes than what is written in the book especially on the part where YK's parents reunion and parted from him.

Did MNC and YK get married or not? And if so, what episode did it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by artage View Post
    I'm still on ep 12 but wanted to comment on this version. I've been a fan of the director and his crew for a while now and even I doubted this version after seeing the trailers. Yes, I was wrong. So far it's very enjoyable maybe not as faithful as some would like it. I thought it was very refreshing the way the story is being told and the bonus scenes that may not even be in the novel but they were never out of place.

Anyone else notice the Yang flashbacks were from Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang? Boy was that awkward.
    Yes!

It took me quite a while to realize that the actor who played the Yang Father in the SNYJJ plays Yang Tiexin this series, but after that I half expected those flashback clips, since the director is the same. He essentially moved the actors over from SNYJJ + Ariel to LOCH

who was making babies after killing someone?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Yang Kang and Mu Nianci did not really get married in this series --- just got an approval from YK's teachers when he asked for her hands. Nevertheless, they did sleep together after killing Auyang Ke . This scene caused a lot of outrages among fans.....

Sounds like something a serial killer would do. . .sounds like a snuff film.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I just finished this series too. I really liked it because it brought a different side and approach to the original novel. This adaption focused a lot more on character development and conflict, even among the minor characters. I felt they were more successful developing OYK than YK though...I'll admit, I was really interested in OYK's character.
    I liked Ariel's portrayal of HR because it was very realistic to me. Yes, it wasn't as entertaining and flashy as the previous adaptions, but I felt it was very close to the novel. I don't really have a "favourite HR" because every actress brought out something different in the character, so all I can say is that Ariel's interpretation was able to make me very attached to her character. Hu Ge's GJ was also unique from the previous adaptions I've seen, and I really felt he did a good job showing the progress that GJ made throughout the series.

Personally I liked the different approach because I'm someone who likes to think about characters, so I really enjoyed this adaption. Some of the plot changes did make me a little weary though...

Don't get me wrong about my comment regarding YK and MNC. In spite of that "horrible" scene, I still think YK and MNC is the best couple in LOCH 2008. Both Yuan Hong and Liu Shi Shi did a great job in portraying these characters. Their incredible chemistry made them shine the entire series - I just wish the director/writer had changed the plot on Episode 42 because it has destroyed all previous sweet moments between them.

I saw this series at my local store it Taiseng version little cheaper than Yesasia.com

I got a message from Yesasia that my set has shipped. Yay!
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

anyone have the opening and ending songs from this?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai