Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2068

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol i like him too. and even though HXM's version was very exagerated at times at least he looked good `Xp

and as for zhou jie, well i didnt mind him so much in princess returning pearl (huan zhu ge ge) or the young judge bao (1st season), but this...yeah. i didnt like him either
    Yeah HXM's Version is very exaggerated and the story is very concise not like Andy Lau's Version but I like LYF in Xiao Ming Version. She is pretty and HXM is very handsome. its make me interesting to watching this film

I'm never watching Zhou Jie acting in other film. In the legend of the condor heroes, first I'm watching his acting. and I don't like him

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyana View Post
    Yeah HXM's Version is very exaggerated and the story is very concise not like Andy Lau's Version but I like LYF in Xiao Ming Version. She is pretty and HXM is very handsome. its make me interesting to watching this film

I'm never watching Zhou Jie acting in other film. In the legend of the condor heroes, first I'm watching his acting. and I don't like him
    yea LYF was very pretty. and despite other people not liking her/her acting, i think she did a pretty good job. and she and HXM make a hot couple

yeah zhou jie is just so-so...what a waste to pair jiang qin qin with him in the 03 version...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/sansan2511/Liu%20Shishi/loch.jpg')

Ariel looks super cute in that last screen cap. She's the only reason I manage to finish this series

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt356/sansan2511/Liu%20Shishi/loch.jpg')
    liu shi shi and ariel lin both look very very pretty in this picture!!

After watching this version I noticed that all of us have not been giving ZJZ due credit for superior cinematographer in the use of vibrant colours. The colours in all of his shows truly stands out in the film whereas almost every other series by other producers/directors seems dull in comparison.

Yeah, I agree that ZJZ definitely has better cinematography and lighting. The lighting looks great even in dark places like caves and underground tunnels.

i actually like the cinematography of LOCH. most scenes and places look beautiful and quite lavish, but i think it's because of the filters or colours that can sometimes make a scene feel weird? A sharper TV will remedy this issue.

I really like Ouyang Ke's character and acting in here. He shouldn't have died that way, so unbefitting for him. But with crippled legs, that might have dampened his will to live. I like the changes they made to this series and the pace at which issues were resolved. Great chemistry btw the actors.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yea LYF was very pretty. and despite other people not liking her/her acting, i think she did a pretty good job. and she and HXM make a hot couple

yeah zhou jie is just so-so...what a waste to pair jiang qin qin with him in the 03 version...
    yeah, I think LYF's acting is very good. maybe her acting is still lack but I think, its because she still young and its can change with her's experience many critic from other people can make her acting development

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I really like Ouyang Ke's character and acting in here. He shouldn't have died that way, so unbefitting for him. But with crippled legs, that might have dampened his will to live. I like the changes they made to this series and the pace at which issues were resolved. Great chemistry btw the actors.
    yeah, in this version I looks Ou yang Ke character is very gentle and not really wicked. In this film I'm only don't like Yang Kang character...

Yeah, I agree that ZJZ definitely has better cinematography and lighting. The lighting looks great even in dark places like caves and underground tunnels.
    ZJZ's productions also have better quality makeup and costumes. Even if you don't like the costume choices in a ZJZ production, I think you have to admit they look like quality materials.

I'm watching both Chinese Paladin and LOCH '08 now, which are both produced by the same team, and it's annoying how cheap-looking the costumes are, even when they're pretty. The wigs are also bad. You can always see where the wigs are attached, while in ZJZ shows the wigs look like they're the actors' real hair. ZJZ's sets are really nice, too. They don't look like they were just built yesterday. Everything in LOCH '08 looks brand-new, which isn't good when you're supposed to be seeing ancient buildings and roads.

I thought it was funny how both the '03 and '08 versions of LOCH used the same method to show the 'maze' on Peach Blossom Island, by having the peach trees move around.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    ZJZ's productions also have better quality makeup and costumes. Even if you don't like the costume choices in a ZJZ production, I think you have to admit they look like quality materials.
    Yeah, I agree with that one. ZJZ does spend a lot of effort into quality production. Even when you buy his DVDs, they're usually quite well-recorded and you know you'd be getting the best. Even though not everyone's pleased with his costume choices and the hair blowing syndrome, the overall production of his films are still a cut above the rest of the field. He's been getting criticisms lately because we want only the best from him. He does have an eye for good talents. Isn't he also the director of the old San Guo Yan Yi if I remember correctly?

I'm watching both Chinese Paladin and LOCH '08 now, which are both produced by the same team, and it's annoying how cheap-looking the costumes are, even when they're pretty. The wigs are also bad. You can always see where the wigs are attached, while in ZJZ shows the wigs look like they're the actors' real hair. ZJZ's sets are really nice, too. They don't look like they were just built yesterday. Everything in LOCH '08 looks brand-new, which isn't good when you're supposed to be seeing ancient buildings and roads.

I thought it was funny how both the '03 and '08 versions of LOCH used the same method to show the 'maze' on Peach Blossom Island, by having the peach trees move around.
    I guess using the budget building some new sets, LGL took out some money for make-up, costumes and wig attachment? Yap, ZJZ always have good overall image package. I think his best are in TLBB and BXJ.

Perhaps that's the way the peach trees are described to move in the novel, that's why they are portrayed as such in both. Isn't this the same in every adaptation?

Perhaps that's the way the peach trees are described to move in the novel, that's why they are portrayed as such in both. Isn't this the same in every adaptation?
    I've only seen these two adaptations, so I don't know if it's done the same way every time. I don't recall the peach trees being described as actually moving in the book. They were just arranged in a very mysterious fashion that made it hard for someone who didn't know the 'key' to figure out which direction to go. I always imagine them as being rather like a garden maze.

But I can see how it would be difficult to dramatize that. I just found it interesting that two adaptations by different production companies used the same method to dramatize it.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Default Legend of the Condor Heroes 2006 (Ariel Lin, Hu Ge)

This series is a series that I will literally sell my organs to the black market, give up my purse collection and dye my hair pink for! LOL :P I totally love the story of Hoang Dung & Quach Tinh. It's my favorite Kim Dung story after "Tuyet Son Phi Ho." Hu Ge will act as Quach Tinh and Ariel Lin will act as Hoang Dung. Admittedly, when I realized that Hu Ge was casted as Quach Tinh, I thought he was wrong for the role. He isn't clueless looking enough to be Quach Tinh but then again, there are scenes in "Chinese Paladin", he *did* have some "Huh?!" moments Hu Ge's acting has improved a lot since his early days and I think that with the right script, he should be a fine Quach Tinh. I love how rugged and less polished and handsome he looks in LOCH. Quach Tinh isn't supposed to be extraordinary or handsome in any way, so I like Hu Ge's darker complexion and flyaway hairs. It suits him and makes him less of a pretty boy and more of a warrior. Word through the grapevine is that Hu Ge also had to beef up for the role of a martial artist, so he actually went to the gym! *gasp* This is GREAT news, since I've always thought that he was much too thin and lacks the muscle tone to look like a "dai hiep." Keep on eating and working out, Ge Ge! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity maniac View Post
    This series is a series that I will literally sell my organs to the black market, give up my purse collection and dye my hair pink for! LOL :P I totally love the story of Hoang Dung & Quach Tinh. It's my favorite Kim Dung story after "Tuyet Son Phi Ho." Hu Ge will act as Quach Tinh and Ariel Lin will act as Hoang Dung. Admittedly, when I realized that Hu Ge was casted as Quach Tinh, I thought he was wrong for the role. He isn't clueless looking enough to be Quach Tinh but then again, there are scenes in "Chinese Paladin", he *did* have some "Huh?!" moments Hu Ge's acting has improved a lot since his early days and I think that with the right script, he should be a fine Quach Tinh. I love how rugged and less polished and handsome he looks in LOCH. Quach Tinh isn't supposed to be extraordinary or handsome in any way, so I like Hu Ge's darker complexion and flyaway hairs. It suits him and makes him less of a pretty boy and more of a warrior. Word through the grapevine is that Hu Ge also had to beef up for the role of a martial artist, so he actually went to the gym! *gasp* This is GREAT news, since I've always thought that he was much too thin and lacks the muscle tone to look like a "dai hiep." Keep on eating and working out, Ge Ge! :P
    Dramatic much? lol From the way you write, it makes it seems like this show have yet to be in production (the "will"), when in truth it's over and done with.

I thought Hu ge and Ariel Lin both did a decent job, but there's still plenty of room for improvement. I thought Ariel tried a bit too hard to be cute (when she was fighting with OYK in the mansion), which is funny in a sense because I thought she was cute without having to try. Her expressions were good in emotional scenes, but I still have a hard time believing that she would possess the infamous Hoang Rong intellect because of her looks; but that can't be helped, so I'm okay with it. Hu ge is a handsome man, and I like watching him over the previous Guo Jing portrayals because he's great eye-candy, but I don't know if I can say he's my favorite Guo Jing. I generally don't like Guo Jing too much. My favorite Guo Jing is the old Guo Jing in the tvb 80's ROCH who plays Hong 7 Gong in this version (Leung Ka Yun).

When watching LOCH, I usually like the minor-ish characters more. I liked Yang Kang in the 80's version and OYK in this version.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles
    I don't think quality cuts it though, especially in a period drama. One of the points of a period drama is its difference in appearance compared to modern times, very much reflected in costume (other factors are important, but I think costume is one of the most obvious, the other being sets).

GJ's black suede jacket may've been good quality, but err, a bit disappointing in a period drama. Even more so is the design/cut of the costume - one can associate time/cultural periods by the particular design of attire; the individualism and art in clothing can represent an important identifying aspect of cultures/specific ethnic groups. Which is why I loved Taiwan's Justice Bao attention to detail with costume.

Buy yeah, I adore ZJZ's attention to set detail, mood, and angles.

I've only seen these two adaptations, so I don't know if it's done the same way every time. I don't recall the peach trees being described as actually moving in the book. They were just arranged in a very mysterious fashion that made it hard for someone who didn't know the 'key' to figure out which direction to go. I always imagine them as being rather like a garden maze.
    There were moving peach trees in LOCH82.

I also remember the peach maze being described in the novel as you mention sniffles (although, it's been awhile since I've read the novel...I'm getting my own version when I visit Hong Kong this year ). The peach trees just 'seemed' to be moving due to the confusion the mind went through in trying to work it out...interestingly portrayed in ROCH83 when HR set up the maze with vines to confuse LMC. Then again, LOCH82 and LOCH08 share the same director, so it makes sense he might use same devices.

Admittedly, when I realized that Hu Ge was casted as Quach Tinh, I thought he was wrong for the role. He isn't clueless looking enough to be Quach Tinh but then again, there are scenes in "Chinese Paladin", he *did* have some "Huh?!" moments Hu Ge's acting has improved a lot since his early days and I think that with the right script, he should be a fine Quach Tinh. I love how rugged and less polished and handsome he looks in LOCH. Quach Tinh isn't supposed to be extraordinary or handsome in any way, so I like Hu Ge's darker complexion and flyaway hairs. It suits him and makes him less of a pretty boy and more of a warrior. Word through the grapevine is that Hu Ge also had to beef up for the role of a martial artist, so he actually went to the gym! *gasp* This is GREAT news, since I've always thought that he was much too thin and lacks the muscle tone to look like a "dai hiep." Keep on eating and working out, Ge Ge! :P
    Sounds like you like Hu Ge quite a lot - haven't you seen him as Dong Yong in TWFX? His character was very much like GJ (maybe a little wiser). He's not my fav actor, but I admire Hu Ge's attention to detail with his own performance...he actually stated that he would move his eyeballs slower when following people, objects to effect slowness of mind...which I thought quite ingenius. Hu Ge did work out, but I believe he still had to wear 'padding' under his costume as GJ.

I don't think it's the look that makes the 'great hero'. That sort of title reflects more nobility in character than how much of poster boy one is. Take YG for example, his deeds made him eligible for 'great hero' material and he certainly was eye-candy, but when judgemental people realised he was YK's son, the one who wanted to marry his master, he wasn't 'part of the wuxia gang' anymore. Only a selected few truly accepted him, and he only attained Condor Hero status when he performed deeds under a hidden identity.

Anyway, in the Wuxia world, the 'alpha male' was based more on the level of martial arts rather than how 'bulky' one looked .

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    I thought Ariel tried a bit too hard to be cute (when she was fighting with OYK in the mansion), which is funny in a sense because I thought she was cute without having to try. Her expressions were good in emotional scenes, but I still have a hard time believing that she would possess the infamous Hoang Rong intellect because of her looks; but that can't be helped, so I'm okay with it.
    I agree in terms of Ariel's acting (even though she's one of my fav actresses). There was a bit of strain in the cuteness factor - to be fair, if you've seen the BTS, the director didn't leave much freedom for self interpretation nor expression. Ariel was allowed most expression with Winnie in ISWAK & TKA (which is the reason why I believe she shone as XQ...it ain't that easy playing 'dumb'...a bit like playing mentally retarded).

I don't think Ariel doesn't look 'intelligent'...I think her ISWAK/TKA fame has become a two-edged blade. Admittedly, LOCH08 didn't do great emphasis or justice on HR's intelligence (the rushed pace of HR's interrogation of OYF and YK totally ruined one of HR's most brilliant moments). And I believe the 'impression' of intelligence is more than just looks...the popular, beloved Barbara Yung as HR wouldn't seem intelligent to me if she stayed still and not talked. Yes, there may be an 'intelligent gaze', but I think that is far from adequate for a role such as HR.

Now, LJ as OYK certainly 'looked' and 'played' the part. My fav character in LOCH08...to the very end, he knew how to manipulate his own father to stay alive...so, so wicked, despite the 'pretty martial arts' which made my teeth ache.

finally got a chance to watch this. Must say that they decided to snip out actually sense from the real thing and add alot of their own. There was some good once but there's also so bit that just kill it. personally the skipped the bit with yang kang and mnc after their farther's dealth..and bits with yk and gj brotherly thing except for the part where yk was suppose to be good..focused on yk far too much...make him even more irritating. just as irritating as 03 version. nothing wrong with the actor..just the script have killed it.

did they also skipped the bit where hr was injured and have to meet the 4 di tu of the monk? ??? and the bit where gj suppose to capture oyf 3 times.

But overall I enjoyed this version. Hu ge and ariel did really well. i like this version of OYK as well..and other character development was so interesting to watch. I think if they didn't go overbroad with the development of yk it would have been more enjoyable.

hey mist, they didn't skip part where hr got hurt by the iron palm dude, its around episode 40 i think. then later they go and meet that white hair girl, then go to the monk and his 4 guards. then that is when they all mastered the 9 yin yang manual with the monk and that is when hu ge changes hair style.

yeah the script basically focused more on yang kang i guess because they are trying to make him an anti hero, his struggle between power, love, family, etc. i guess its to make it more dramatic if they made a sequel, i mean for condor heroes return, yang guo, yang kang weren't a big deal you know, but with the way they change the story, making yang kang battle in war against guo jing, makes it more like he became a villain and the other songs will hate him for it. so on yang guo it would become more of an obstacle later or something when finding out his fathers evil deeds.

also the part where guo jing lets ou yang fong changed, instead its yang kang letting go guo jing, since both got the war manual. but still i like how they change that part because it shows that yang kang isn't just a fighter, but a good strategist unlike guo jing who needs help from huang rong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    hey mist, they didn't skip part where hr got hurt by the iron palm dude, its around episode 40 i think. then later they go and meet that white hair girl, then go to the monk and his 4 guards. then that is when they all mastered the 9 yin yang manual with the monk and that is when hu ge changes hair style.

yeah the script basically focused more on yang kang i guess because they are trying to make him an anti hero, his struggle between power, love, family, etc. i guess its to make it more dramatic if they made a sequel, i mean for condor heroes return, yang guo, yang kang weren't a big deal you know, but with the way they change the story, making yang kang battle in war against guo jing, makes it more like he became a villain and the other songs will hate him for it. so on yang guo it would become more of an obstacle later or something when finding out his fathers evil deeds.

also the part where guo jing lets ou yang fong changed, instead its yang kang letting go guo jing, since both got the war manual. but still i like how they change that part because it shows that yang kang isn't just a fighter, but a good strategist unlike guo jing who needs help from huang rong.
    Lol 9 yin yang manual? It's 9 yin manual.

I kind of agree with Mist some of the things they change were just stupid. For example the death of Yang Kang, HELLO do they not realize they just gave Yang Guo NO REASON WHAT SO EVER to hate Guo Jing and Huang Rong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    later they go and meet that white hair girl, then go to the monk and his 4 guards. then that is when they all mastered the 9 yin yang manual with the monk and that is when hu ge changes hair style.
    Hehehe...I wouldn't exactly call Yin Gu a white haired 'girl' (she's the same generation as CBT).

They didn't master Jiu Yin Zhen Jing...YD's holy brother translated the Sanskrit part of the manual for GJ and HR, then they were guided by YD on how to practice it. I would agree they gained further insight into the manual, but no way 'mastered' it.

Actually, YK was still pretty important in memory as a character in ROCH. He was the source of the motivation and conflict that really 'reformed' YG as a person. It was the crossroads, I guess 'test' he had to face to understand true nobility (by letting go of his revenge/hate).

YK didn't need to be in the actual battle to stand out either. He stirred enough trouble during his days messing around with the Beggar Clan to earn himself quite a 'bad' reputation. Don't forget Plum Blossum Island murders either, I'm sure GJ's blind old master wouldn't hold back in letting the whole wulin know about YK's part in the murders. Enough hate to spread around there.

But yeah, YK's death in this version really takes away from YG's revenge, which as mentioned previously, was vital in him maturing from a boy into a hero I think.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9465/b33d4e80cd54e3d02abcfd0.gif')

^ did they cut this? it look like the part on the boat? i've rewatched the first bit where ariel still wears that..but couldn't remember seeingn it.