Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 《射雕英雄传》 - Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    CMK was completely clueless as to he loved most until the very end..grr...but otherwise, CMK was a great catch ...

Can't really blame CMK when there's a hottie like ZZR waiting for him. If ZZR didn't turn evil, I doubt that CMK would end up with Zhao Min.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    Can't really blame CMK when there's a hottie like ZZR waiting for him. If ZZR didn't turn evil, I doubt that CMK would end up with Zhao Min.
    how i wish that were true because i always felt that ZM was too evil in the beginning to have such a wonderful husband...and whatever ZZR did wrong could not even match ZM's ruthlessness earlier on during her pre-CMK era. i feel that 2 people shaped ZZR into the evil person that she became: No Mercy Nun and CMK (and also ZM who forced CMK to abandon ZZR at the altar). i haven't read the novel and after having recently finished hsds 2003 (btw alyssa chia and gyy are soooo beautiful), all of my opinions are formulated on this series, but even CMK knew that he had always felt a stronger attraction and compatibility towards ZM.
    Last edited by patricia n; 04-14-06 at 02:17 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Yes, how i would love to see Yang Mi as HR. She has the looks and charm, is a natural at adorable scenes and i think would very well manage the cunning nature of HR as well.

Actually i dont really mind Ariel after seeing her in TWFX, but she tends to exaggerate the cute and naughty factor quite abit, which can come off pretty unnatural at times, very taiwanese, alyssa chia type of acting.
    Ariel, just doesnt have the looks for me. Yang Mi would be great as HR but I think she would do a better job as ZM. I wonder how ZJZ feels about YM. Hope he likes her so we could see more of her with his series.

lies. this is quite stupid if they did it again./..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Smile korean lover!!!

i wud love to see hyun bin in person!!!any news bout him???

LOCH is the only jin yong novel that is essentially flawless to me. Thats why I'll enjoy each new LOCH version. The one in 2002-3 was a bit darker and it wasn't very highly well known, so its understandable that they want to do a new one. The think Ariel will make a great HR, she can act, and looks cute to me. There hasn't been an ugly HR yet. all the actresses that play HR, have there own unique beauty. Don't think any actress can be considered ugly by everyone.

The like LOCH the most out of all Jin Yong novels, the rest of the novels portray characters i manners that I cannot stand. Although Duke on Mt Deer and ODE TO GALLANTRY are pretty good, but I guess I can't accept that fact that a man can love more that one women. That's why I like LOCH so much, its that only Jin Yong novel that has as strong female protagonist. HR is smart, independent, capable, witty and charming, and because of those features she gets the guy. Unlike every single other Jin Yong, where the woman is sublte, obedient, reserved and essentially boring, which was one of the make protagonist is drawned into them, that and well "beauty". Well HSDS has a good main female character, but the male's stupdity kills the novel more me.

This is probably be great, considering the production team and cast, hopefully they cast the male lead soon, and I hope its' someone that can act.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Ariel, just doesnt have the looks for me. Yang Mi would be great as HR but I think she would do a better job as ZM. I wonder how ZJZ feels about YM. Hope he likes her so we could see more of her with his series.
    i don't really want to see Yang Mi as HR... she's the ZM of HSDS 09 or whatever, directed by ZJZ

i think YM would do a good job, but i doubt the series will be very popular, even if she does a good job... its too soon after ZJZ's production, and this will not have the special effects and scenery that LOCH 02 had

i think ariel does not have the looks for me... maybe others will think she is cute and pretty, but i think ariel is very plain at best

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.tom.com/img/assets/200604/xian.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/img/assets/200604/060414112932jian.jpg')

Hu Ge and Ariel Lin who be taking on LOCH2006 belongs to the new generation of idols while director Li Guo Li helmed Chinese Paladin last time round.

After Zhou Xun and Li Yapeng LOCH2003 potrayal, the new LOCH2006 will begin filming in July 2006. This production will be directed by Li Guoli whose last work was Chinese Paladin. Huang Rong character will be played by Ariel Lin while Hu Ge will either play Guo Jing or Yang Kang.

The reporter interviewed one of the production staff after news broke about LOCH2006 and according to this Ms Cai, the idea of filming LOCH2006 came before CCTV decided to film their version of LOCH in 2003. We were actually interested in filming LOCH then but Jin Yong had already given his consent to CCTV so we changed to film 书剑恩仇录 instead. So when we knew that the copyright grace period for LOCH2003 was up, we immediately decide to immerse ourselves to film it this time.

According to what the reporter found out, LOCH2006 will have a heavier focus on Yang Kang character, "In the novel, Jin Yong focuses more on Guo Jing but Yang Kang is actually a conflicted character which also includes his relationship with Mu Nianci." Although LOCH2003 has its fans and critics, but it cant be denied that its one of the most talked about novels under Jin Yong. Ms Cai said that Li Guoli production of LOCH will be different in terms of style and will be more in touch with reality and focus more on the story. With regards to the cast, Ariel Lin has been confirmed for the Huang Rong character and although Ariel Lin is unable to compare with Zhou Xun fame and popularity, Ms Cai said the new version focuses more on the character in the story. Hu Ge will definitely play either Yang Kang or Guo Jing. We feel that he has a face that looks like Yang Kang but the character resembles Guo Jing instead, so we are still deciding.

News source - link

no mention of Nicholas Tse but Hu Ge is now confirmed to be either GJ or YK now...

i liked Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin, but i felt that they butchered up the characters from the game, and the special effects... well it was forgivable since it was a game, but if the special effects in LOCH are anything like that in Chinese Paladin... i would probably die halfway through

chinese paladin was enjoyable, but a bit weak at many points... screwed up plot line, characters of game... overdramatised ending killing everyone off

Ariel definitely does not compare with Zhou Xun in looks, acting, popularity department....

i think this version would be a very very very modernised version of LOCH... themesongs won't be the classic LOCH 02 music, which i personally thought was great... i imagine they'd have pop artists like in Chinese Paladin

i think LOCH deserves the fine scenery and classic feel... modern adaptation....

i like the idea of putting more time into YK, but i feel one of LOCH's greatest strengths as a novel is its characters, particularly GJ and HR....
    i don't think GJ and HR should have too much attention drawn away from them

if Hu Ge plans to play Yang Kang, the story will be twisted so that Yang Kang was 'misunderstood' and he kind of was contraversial in a way, but it will be a very subjective 'Yang Kang was good, he just made bad choices' type of series, which would not be very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    ii like the idea of putting more time into YK, but i feel one of LOCH's greatest strengths as a novel is its characters, particularly GJ and HR....
    Exactly, they're the strongest and most interestig JY couple imo, unlike the relationship btw YG and XLN, which i think rather bland and boring. I dont mind seeing more screentime allocated to supporting characters and subplots, instead of the leads in ROCH, since it has fantastic supporting characters but not really for LOCH, whose supporting couple (YK and MNC) are plain blah.

Anyway, contrary to many people, i have to say that i really enjoyed LOCH03 alot, the artistic way of shooting and styling didnt work for people who love fast-pace and more modern settings/styles but it sure worked for me. I still render LOCH03 ZJZ's best JY adaptation so far.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-14-06 at 07:31 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Personally, I still think ZJZ's real masterpiece is his XAJH. The love story and the musical score is so hauntingly beautiful.

Barbara Yung, Athena Chu & Zhou Zun (as much as I hate LOCH 03) are fit to play HR. They have that pretty, smart, little bit cunning & mischieve look on them. HR is a VERY clever woman in JY's universe (maybe the smartest one even).

I honestly can't see Ariel Lin plays HR. She just doesn't have that look (she doesn't even look pretty). Yang Mi is way too cute, I don't think she has the smart & cunning look either.

Quote Originally Posted by rikastar

According to what the reporter found out, LOCH2006 will have a heavier focus on Yang Kang character, "In the novel, Jin Yong focuses more on Guo Jing but Yang Kang is actually a conflicted character which also includes his relationship with Mu Nianci." Although LOCH2003 has its fans and critics, but it cant be denied that its one of the most talked about novels under Jin Yong. Ms Cai said that Li Guoli production of LOCH will be different in terms of style and will be more in touch with reality and focus more on the story. With regards to the cast, Ariel Lin has been confirmed for the Huang Rong character and although Ariel Lin is unable to compare with Zhou Xun fame and popularity, Ms Cai said the new version focuses more on the character in the story. Hu Ge will definitely play either Yang Kang or Guo Jing. We feel that he has a face that looks like Yang Kang but the character resembles Guo Jing instead, so we are still deciding.
    lol, after all that fancy description, the word "drama" pops into my head.
    Looks like this will focus more on the drama between the characters... watch, it'll be like Taiwan's ROCH... some drastic changes and maybe a melodrama. I just hope it doesn't go that way.

Red face IMHO

Interesting! To make the story pays more attention to Yang Kang. I have to give an A for effort by the director. I would be interested to see Hu Ge's portrayal of Yang Kang though. I though his face is more on the calm/cheeky's side. It's hard to see him playing a devilish handsome prince. I think Nicholas Tse is a better fit for Yang Kang and Hu Ge as Gwok Jing.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

it better good since its another adaption within 3 years >_<

I think it's too early to judge that Ariel is not suited just from the look. I saw her in TWFX, her character so much reminded me of Huang Rong. I think Ariel is a good actress, she's quite versatile. Plus, this new adaption seem to be different, which I actually don't mind. Although I really love the 80s classic version but there are just so many remakes, it's nice to see some new changes, won't be as boring since we don't know what will happen. I guess I'm one of the few that is really looking forward to this sere! As for Hu Ge, it will be interesting to see him playing Yang Kang but I prefered him as Guo Jing more.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Are u serious? These 3 cute? pretty? beautiful?

We obviously have Very different tastes in women
    i definatly agree, those pictures are a joke, a mm like liu yi fei has great look, a person like ariel has great skills, watching ariel will make you think she is PRETTY enough inside... proves her acting is quite good for me...

hms and if you think those pictures are great i think the dogs must of eaten your eye balls

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura
    ANyone who has an ill preconceived notion that Ariel will not make a good Huang Rong should give "Tian Wai Fei Xian" (Fairy from the Wonderland) tv series a try and watch Ariel's performance in there. She does look and act like Huang Rong. She may not be pretty enough, but she's certainly charming enough. If I hadn't seen Tian Wai Fei Xian, I'd probably think Li Guo Li's crazy for casting her as Huang Rong.
    hey i totally agree what your saying there, i think Ariel did a great job in tian wai fei xian, and that from her acting point of view, it will suit HR role in LOCH

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    i liked Hu Ge in Chinese Paladin, but i felt that they butchered up the characters from the game, and the special effects... well it was forgivable since it was a game, but if the special effects in LOCH are anything like that in Chinese Paladin... i would probably die halfway through

chinese paladin was enjoyable, but a bit weak at many points... screwed up plot line, characters of game... overdramatised ending killing everyone off

Ariel definitely does not compare with Zhou Xun in looks, acting, popularity department....

i think this version would be a very very very modernised version of LOCH... themesongs won't be the classic LOCH 02 music, which i personally thought was great... i imagine they'd have pop artists like in Chinese Paladin

i think LOCH deserves the fine scenery and classic feel... modern adaptation....

i like the idea of putting more time into YK, but i feel one of LOCH's greatest strengths as a novel is its characters, particularly GJ and HR....

if Hu Ge plans to play Yang Kang, the story will be twisted so that Yang Kang was 'misunderstood' and he kind of was contraversial in a way, but it will be a very subjective 'Yang Kang was good, he just made bad choices' type of series, which would not be very enjoyable

Come on what gen are you in, still in your 80's, for crying out loud people now days listen to pop music from theme songs such as

s.h.e - yi yan wan nian
    tank - qian nian lai

I think Ariel would be a good HR but I am losing faith in Jin Yong adaptations after being disappointed by ROCH 06. Hu Ge as Guo Jing? that I am not so sure, I think Felix is the best Guo Jing.